Minimum $100 Gift Card for PS3 or XBOX @ BB

Where are you in NY. I just checked about 8 stores around me and it says you need a receipt for trade ins.
Suffolk County

They all say that for near me too

The guy at one of the stores said the nearest ones to do it without receipts is Queens, but they also seemed pretty clueless

Suffolk County

They all say that for near me too

The guy at one of the stores said the nearest ones to do it without receipts is Queens, but they also seemed pretty clueless
Yeah, I'm def. not traveling to Queens to hope to find a store that will except it. I might go to the one in Bay Shore just to see what they say.

I had no issues with this deal. I had forgotten that I actually had an Arcade 512MB unit and bought the HDD separate, they gave me back to hdd and said they would not take it. Glad she pointed that out so I could go sell it elsewhere.

They tested my system before completing the transaction. Very happy with this deal, have not played a game on my 360 in about a year.

I traded in my Phat non-HDMI 360 today. At first they didn't think they would accept the console, seeing as it was an older model. But I talked with them a bit, and then another associate finally showed up and was able to handle things. They checked for a Hard Drive and controller. They also connected it to TV to make sure it was working.

A word of note- If they do test the power, make sure it's plugged into a TV as well. When they first tested my system, it was not connected to a TV, only to a power outlet. And as a result it showed a Red Ring. Which terrified me. But I remembered quickly that it also had to be connected to a TV and once they did so, things went fine. I think the red light shows up if the A/V cables are not connected. It was a refurbished system, but it has worked great for me. I was not trying to pass off a broken system. The associate who was finally able to help me was nice about everything and had mentioned that he had taken advantage of the trade in as well, because it was such a great deal. My old Phat model would have normally traded in for $10. The whole process did take a while however.

Here's my last picture of the guy:
28MYzEh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in my two Xbox 360 20GB Pro. I included the hdd's since I was never going to use them again (replaced with 120GB, then 250GB). Will be getting the BF 360 to replace these.

Make sure they plug the video cable in when testing your 360, otherwise you will get red ringed and they'll think it is busted.

45 minutes later I'm back with a $100 giftcard for my old phat-HDMI 20gb console. It's funny seeing the receipt say "$4+$96 promo".

I did have the same issue as a few others on this page have mentioned. When they first hooked it up, they didn't plug it in all the way so it red ringed and gave an e64 error. She came back to me and said it was a no-go, but I explained that they needed to check the connection and then it worked fine. They loaded it up and tested the HDD. I noticed that they didn't test internet connection which makes me tempted to bring in my banned consoles, but my moral compus won't let me do it.

Also worth noting, the rubber on the thumbsticks were pretty torn up and there were some scuffs on the console itself and it didn't give me any trouble. But based off the guy who said they wouldn't accept his chewed on controller, YMMV. 

Went to trade in my 06 360. They had no problem taking it. There were already another 3 people there trading theres in ahead of me! 

I gave them: 

console (no hdd)

wired controller

ac adapter

component cable

They handed me a $100 gift card and I was on my way.

Traded my phat without the HDD, they needed the controller, but not the power cord. They didn't even try to turn it on, mine was in perfect working condition though.
So many were doing this, I would be surprised they don't kill it off due to banned and non working consoles.

I traded in my xbox with the disc tray that doesn't open and a controller with broken sticks. Got $100 thanks best buy while in the process some guy looked like he was almost in tears or had a really dumb founded look as to why his new PS4 wasn't working and the workers tried to blame him for it breaking down ''Oh no you never unplug it from the back thats probably what broke it'' poor fuck

Do they take accessories In trade
The would not take my extra first party controller nor my hdd that I bought separate from the console.

I had an arcade 512 mb console and they just took it as is with no HDD, they gave that back to me. TIV for me was showing $.60 on the receipt.

So many were doing this, I would be surprised they don't kill it off due to banned and non working consoles.
Considering they're all going out to Dealtree or Cowboom or someone else entirely and being refurbed and this ends in a week I kind of doubt they would even realize they were throwing money away before the promo ended anyway.

Considering they're all going out to Dealtree or Cowboom or someone else entirely and being refurbed and this ends in a week I kind of doubt they would even realize they were throwing money away before the promo ended anyway.
Yeah, it is BestBuy after all. They like to throw money away.

I had no problem trading in my (fully working) 2007 360... looked like he checked seals but didn't actually plug it in to test it. (I kept it in good shape, so that may have something to do with it).

Figured this was a good time to trade up to a new 250gb holiday edition (got an extra $8 for trading in the extra Halo 4 copy, plus the AmEx $25 offer), which took going to another store to find, but hooray for not needing usb sticks anymore!

So I just did the trade in calculator for my two ogs. I did them each with one controller and no brick and av cable. They both come out to $1 each, so yea I'll give it a try without out those things. The only problem is the controllers are broken on the outside. I'll give it a try. If not I'll go check out some pawn shops for the brick and 1 av cable. I hate that I never have time on the weekend to do this stuff.

Traded my 360 black elite model.  Tried without a HD or controller but said had to be with both.  I used a 20gb that I had and that worked fine. 

Mine came out to $1 as well but did get the $99 bonus, the system was just down and they couldn't submit it.
without the av and brick and a controller? I might have to go to more than one since I'm sure it'll be super YMMV on them allowing no brick etc...

no hardrive either?

without the av and brick and a controller? I might have to go to more than one since I'm sure it'll be super YMMV on them allowing no brick etc...

no hardrive either?
Sorry, no hard drive (white phatty phatty oombalatty 360) but with power brick and controller. The pre-slim power bricks are specific to the motherboard so I don't feel like trying to sell that off separate and the controller's trashed.

Sorry, no hard drive (white phatty phatty oombalatty 360) but with power brick and controller. The pre-slim power bricks are specific to the motherboard so I don't feel like trying to sell that off separate and the controller's trashed.
ok cool. I'll try a combo of one av, controller, and system. Then do one brick(have to find one) controller and system. That should be enough for at least $0.01 so I could get the boost. This makes up for BB not giving me the last 40 free $5 certs. Both my controllers are trashed too. Freaking rage throwing.

I might bite on this deal.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how did you guys go about wiping out all your information from the hard drive? Is there an option for that when you boot up the 360? (I've never looked and away from home right now).

I might bite on this deal.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how did you guys go about wiping out all your information from the hard drive? Is there an option for that when you boot up the 360? (I've never looked and away from home right now).
go to settings, then system, then storage, then highlight your harddrive, press Y and click format.

Traded in the fat 20gb first model Xbox. They just took my word for it that it worked, never even tried plugging it in. Didn't require a hard drive, but did make me give them a controller with it

Just thought I'd share my trade in experience. I traded in a fatty old school 360 from 2008 with a power brick, simple AV cords, 20gb hard drive and wireless controller. The geek squad guy was certain I'd only get the base $6 for it but then he asked another CS guy and he knew about the promo. After taking my info (even fingerprinting me) they finished the transaction and I got a $100 GC. They only checked if it powered on and didn't bother trying the disc tray. Super easy...

Also decided to trade in about 8 games. Here's where things get weird... Online it says there is a 50% bonus, but in store I received 100% bonus + 10% for GCU. On top of that their system was acting weird and slow but they scanned my games in and told me I would get some ridiculous amount of credit. I was curious why but they guy behind the register just said bonus and promos, blah blah. Ok, so I take my GC and receipts and head home with A LOT more credit than I ever expected to get. I get home and look at the receipt and it looks like the guys scanned a few games 2-3 times. Is this something I should still feel guilty about, or is it their fault, their problem? Anyone know if they can remove credit from the gift cards I was given?

Sorry for the long first post, any advice would be nice.

Well I managed to successfully get $100 for the Xbox 360 with all the cables and controller and I kept the 120GB HDD to sell on eBay but sadly wasn't on the 80GB Motorstorm Phat PS3. I'll try my luck on the other Best Buy near my job and see if it works. I need that $200 for the X360 Black Friday Bundle Best Buy will be holding on Thursday at 6PM before BF.

Just thought I'd share my trade in experience. I traded in a fatty old school 360 from 2008 with a power brick, simple AV cords, 20gb hard drive and wireless controller. The geek squad guy was certain I'd only get the base $6 for it but then he asked another CS guy and he knew about the promo. After taking my info (even fingerprinting me) they finished the transaction and I got a $100 GC. They only checked if it powered on and didn't bother trying the disc tray. Super easy...

Also decided to trade in about 8 games. Here's where things get weird... Online it says there is a 50% bonus, but in store I received 100% bonus + 10% for GCU. On top of that their system was acting weird and slow but they scanned my games in and told me I would get some ridiculous amount of credit. I was curious why but they guy behind the register just said bonus and promos, blah blah. Ok, so I take my GC and receipts and head home with A LOT more credit than I ever expected to get. I get home and look at the receipt and it looks like the guys scanned a few games 2-3 times. Is this something I should still feel guilty about, or is it their fault, their problem? Anyone know if they can remove credit from the gift cards I was given?

Sorry for the long first post, any advice would be nice.
at this point no but you might want to inform the manager because if you went over the 3 game trade limit, they will ban you from trading in. If you didn't, just forget about it, there is nothing that can really be done.

Well I have a launch PS3 that has a warped top from the towel treatment 4 years ago. I got it repaired and it works. Wonder of they will take it

I might try this later. I want to trade in my old 360, keep the Hard Drive, and put it towards the new Black Friday Bundle they'll have. It'll be an $80 upgrade with 4 games if I can do it, and transfer all the data from the old HD to the new one.

bread's done
Back