Minimum $100 Gift Card for PS3 or XBOX @ BB

It might be a silly question but has anyone been quoted or received more than $100 credit for a 4gb slim Xbox 360? I have an extra 4gb slim with box and cables that's in great shape that i got feom awd that I want to get rid of.

I read the last page or so of this thread, and it seems most are trading in very old xboxs and getting the credit no problem. I would just sell it on eBay but after fees and shipping it seems like a bit of a hassle.

I thought they were like $120 at GS?
$130 was the cheapest at my store. I used the 25% off preowned SOTW coupon (expired yesterday) to bring it down to $97.50 a piece. I was only interested in transferring my credit to get Xbox One games with my GCU discount.

It might be a silly question but has anyone been quoted or received more than $100 credit for a 4gb slim Xbox 360? I have an extra 4gb slim with box and cables that's in great shape that i got feom awd that I want to get rid of.
If you look it up on the trade in thing it's like $41 max so you would get $100.

Nah I only mention the disc drive HERE on the forum. Turns on fine. Ok i'll bring both controllers like in a bag and hand them the WWE controller first and see how that goes. Still keeping my 2nd 360 as that does get used regularly. If I get the $100 ill use it towards my daughter's 3DS for Christmas
Well apparently the disc drive DOES work. just tried Borderlands 2 on it and it read it perfectly. Also updated to the current Dashboard and rebooted all over again w/o the disc no problem. Only concern is this...This is an old ARCADE bundle 360( the one that came w Sonic tennis and 4 other live games)..if they plug in ONLY to an outlet the red rings flash BUT once it's hooked up to a tv or monitor it doesnt do it at all. Advice?

Well apparently the disc drive DOES work. just tried Borderlands 2 on it and it read it perfectly. Also updated to the current Dashboard and rebooted all over again w/o the disc no problem. Only concern is this...This is an old ARCADE bundle 360( the one that came w Sonic tennis and 4 other live games)..if they plug in ONLY to an outlet the red rings flash BUT once it's hooked up to a tv or monitor it doesnt do it at all. Advice?
this is standard for any console, it gives 2 red rings when there is no video cable inserted, just tell them to plug in an HDMI cable/component cable

Someone mentioned it previously, anyone able to confirm or deny that they'll offer $90 sans controller?  My sister has an old PS3 just collecting dust but no controller for it. Sure she'd rather have a $100 gift card to put towards buying some stuff for the kids for Christmas. 

Did they remove the page on BB.com for this promotion?  I cant find the details on what is required to trade in?

Just Console, Controller, Power Brick & Video Cable?

If I have an older model do I need a HDD or can I trade it in without?

Someone mentioned it previously, anyone able to confirm or deny that they'll offer $90 sans controller? My sister has an old PS3 just collecting dust but no controller for it. Sure she'd rather have a $100 gift card to put towards buying some stuff for the kids for Christmas.
Sounds like YMMV. Everyone is bringing in different cases about whether or not they had to supply a Hard drive, and same with controller. My situation was I had to surrender everything; controller, hard drive, cables, and xbox -- no that that was a problem but just letting you know it's pretty much up to the workers on how specific they are.

Regarding getting less by not offering a controller, I was not given that option, nor would they have accepted that. again, YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they remove the page on BB.com for this promotion? I cant find the details on what is required to trade in?

I'd like to know this as well. Somehow skimmed over this thread the last two days and now I'd love to dump my 360 for $100. Not sure I have an HDMI cable to trade with it, so if they'll take it without then that works for me!

Xbox 360 Pro COnsole System - $6.00 :booty:

Gaming Hardware Promo - $94.00 :bow:

Gaming Consoles Subtotal $100.00 :twoguns:

I asked if the additional ten percent added and the BB Rep said no.

I walked out of there like I just heist the place.....

Feels good getting $100 for something I haven't used for YEARS!

FYI I already purchase a slim model two years ago.
Huh? My launch model got 10 dollars credit... I wonder how I could get more than anyone else...? No HDMI, etc.

Granted, it didn't much matter as we both walked out with the same 100 credit...

And, yeah, it was a good feeling. :)

4 red red lights (the ring) are suppose to flash if it has no video output... 3 red lights is a RROD.

Basically, its working just fine. :)

Did they remove the page on BB.com for this promotion? I cant find the details on what is required to trade in?

1) The promotion is still listed, just no longer on the front page. Check here to find it: http://goo.gl/edwa8v

It's on the far right of the page at the bottom.

2) YMMV. With my experience I had to have a HDD unless the original purchase did not include one. For example the arcade model.

My experience 20 mins ago: I gave the employee my console, 60 GB HDD, controller, power brick, and component cables. They never asked for a headset, but they did request games that came with a console. They said I have to trade in Forza Motorsport and Marvel Alliance to complete the transaction. I don't even own these games!

Another guy came over and said they could make an exception if they tell the computer I was trading in a 20 GB model. I agreed but wasn't happy about it overall. In any case it's $100 gift card so I accepted the offer. Very YMMV situation here.

Huh? My launch model got 10 dollars credit... I wonder how I could get more than anyone else...? No HDMI, etc.

Granted, it didn't much matter as we both walked out with the same 100 credit...

And, yeah, it was a good feeling. :)
Maybe the 10 is from another system?

They manually chose the system they "think" you may have. At the end it doesn't really matter since the promo will add it up to $100

Damn it. Who knew it would be so damn to find the Jasper power bricks in Pawn Shops.

I've been looking for 12.v ---- 16.5a

Those are apparently extinct

Didn't I mention yesterday that each motherboard had it's own PSU?
I know all about the power bricks trust me. I have two falcon ones that don't work with ogs so I need jasper. I sold the 2 Jaspers a couple year ago for $40 a piece on ebay. I just cant find any when I really need it.

Everywhere has the falcons and xenon power bricks. I was trying to say that I didn't realize the original ones would be so scarce.

Probably the smoothest Best Buy trade I've ever had. Traded my 20gb launch PS3.

I'll take $100 towards the X1. Going to trade in one of my 360s as well. Pretty solid deal here.

For any gouging best buy on this, you do realize they have your info like a pawn shop does tied to your item. With your license etc. Itd be nice to see them knock a few heads to reduce the trolls.

Does anyone know if they will take a launch 360 with the PC VGA cable as opposed to the component cables? I lost the component cables during a move a long time ago.

What you in for?

I traded in an xbox with a broken disc drive
I can't wait for the police to knock on my door.

*Knock *Knock
Yes hello
*Sir you're are under arrest for trading in a broken Xbox 360
What?
*Reads Miranda Rights
This is some bullshit, I want to speak to my lawyer

I just traded my PS3 MGS4 80gb fat.  Took about 15 mins.  Most of that was them trying to figure out exactly which PS3 I had.  

They did power mine up.  The guy helping the girl waiting on me said I could get more selling it on the Internet but I really didn't want to deal with Ebay/PayPal between the flakes, scammers and fees it isn't worth it to me for a few bucks maybe.

The screen must have a check list she made sure it had the video cable, A/C cord and controller. I also included the USB charging cable (PS3) not sure she even noticed that cable.

For any gouging best buy on this, you do realize they have your info like a pawn shop does tied to your item. With your license etc. Itd be nice to see them knock a few heads to reduce the trolls.
I agree that it is despicable to knowingly trade in a broken console, but isn't this on Best Buy for not properly inspecting the consoles? I don't see how you can be held responsible for this. Sure they could ban you from future trades, but that's pretty much it.

My guess is if they find out you traded/sold them a stolen console they could/would pursue it. Otherwise I doubt they care that much.
This. The paper you sign only covers a few things. Most importantly is the declaration of ownership, meaning it's yours and not stolen.

The second section (Customer Agreement) covers: Power and authority to enter agreement (you are of a legal age); that once again, the item is not stolen, or counterfeit; and the item you are selling them is not illegal. The rest of the agreement covers that once the transaction is finalized, Best Buy owns it and any content that was left on it. Any personal files, photos, etc are gone from your possession and cannot be given back to you. No liability by Best Buy, blah blah blah.

Basically, it's on them to verify that the item fits their criteria (aside from the item being stolen, counterfeit, anything noted above). Once they enter the transaction into system and print the agreement for you to sign, they've already "agreed" to the transaction.

Microsoft - Xbox 360 Arcade Console $1.00

Gaming Hardware Promo $99.00

Gaming Consoles Subtotal $100.00

Bwahahaha! :lol:

I traded a launch 20GB system, then put the credit on a Visa gift card. They charge $5.95 for them, but $94.05 that can be spent anywhere is still a great deal.

I tried to find out if I could keep the controller and still get $90, but that seemed to confuse the girl that waited on me. I think she just made something up since she wasn't sure. I had removed the HDD, but they ended up asking for it. Interestingly, they didn't even bother to plug the system in to test.

Where do these trades take place? My BB has a trade desk in games, but I assume it has to be customer service since they need to test it.
Found a spare 360 in a closet, but it's a dev kit. Thought it could be flashed into a retail unit but I don't know how.

Where do these trades take place? My BB has a trade desk in games, but I assume it has to be customer service since they need to test it.
Found a spare 360 in a closet, but it's a dev kit. Thought it could be flashed into a retail unit but I don't know how.
That's strange. Most BBs took away the games section desk a while back. Anyways, I did it at Customer Service as did many others, I'm sure.

I thought they got rid of those desks. I didn't know they existed until some members said they were removed. Customer Service takes trades now.

That's strange. Most BBs took away the games section desk a while back. Anyways, I did it at Customer Service as did many others, I'm sure.
I did it at the customer service desk as well. They had one TV there for testing consoles. They didn't even use my HDMI cable.

Just got back from my local BB - kept my controller and hard drive.

She didn't even plug it in to test it, or check to see if it was opened. 

$100. F**K YEAH

I am torn on going in for this deal or not.  I have an 80gb launch era phat which I have had no trouble with so far. And I have not changed thermal paste or anything. The thing is, if I do take it in for the $100 it would be to get a newer PS3 because I still have backlog-orama of games.  So I'm just trying to decide if I want to do this to help finance a newer (by 5-6 yrs!) PS3 or keep the old one for now and have it repaired if it does YLOD.

I am torn on going in for this deal or not. I have an 80gb launch era phat which I have had no trouble with so far. And I have not changed thermal paste or anything. The thing is, if I do take it in for the $100 it would be to get a newer PS3 because I still have backlog-orama of games. So I'm just trying to decide if I want to do this to help finance a newer (by 5-6 yrs!) PS3 or keep the old one for now and have it repaired if it does YLOD.
I just went in to trade in my 40Gb old school PS3. They didn't check anything and only asked me if it worked. I provided the system, AV cables, controller and power cord. I think the shelf life on first gens are coming up (if it hasn't already YLOD). The $100 gift card should come in nicely towards the Black Friday super slim bundle or you can use it towards an Amazon giftcard if they have a better deal.

Yeah I have a launch 250GB Slim, but I can probably off-load it for more than 100 bucks. Good for you guys that have crazy old 20GB launch consoles. Wish I could find one on the cheap

bread's done
Back