Minimum $100 Gift Card for PS3 or XBOX @ BB

Just traded in 2 360. They had to do it separately for it to apply the 100$. If you are also trading in games like I did, that also had to be separate.

Walk out with close to $300 in gift card. Not bad!

:bow:

Just traded in 2 360. They had to do it separately for it to apply the 100$. If you are also trading in games like I did, that also had to be separate.

Walk out with close to $300 in gift card. Not bad!

What did they require from both xboxes? Original Box Packaging, A/V cable Power Brick and did they test your systems?

What did they require from both xboxes? Original Box Packaging, A/V cable Power Brick and did they test your systems?
I didn't have the original box, Brought in consoles, cables and brick. They tested both by powering it on... and since I had games with me I offered them to test the console if they wanted to. They obliged and tested one.

Smooth sailing after that. They were collecting dust anyway :whee:

Just traded in a 120GB PS3 slim for my $100.   I can add to the list where they didn't even try to switch it on - all they did was scan the serial number and check I had included the controller / USB charging cable / power cable.  

They did ask if I had the original PS3 AV / multi cable (which I have long since lost) but I had just put a standard HDMI cable in there instead and they seemed happy enough with that to do the deal.

I almost made the mistake of giving them my extra controller / PS Eye as they were in the same box - but I grabbed them out, and traded them into GS round the corner against BF4 (to get the 30% bonus).

I just revived a RROD system with the Qtip trick and I'm going to take that one in now.  

If you have a RROD system, it can't hurt to try that since you'll only need it to power on a few times.  (If they test it.)

I didn't have the original box, Brought in consoles, cables and brick. They tested both by powering it on... and since I had games with me I offered them to test the console if they wanted to. They obliged and tested one.

Smooth sailing after that. They were collecting dust anyway :whee:
Thanks for replying.

My arcade worked fine for them. I had original box for the holiday arcade bundle of the time so that helped. Only thing that took long was the tv they used didn't have the RCA jacks where they could easily plug my unit in...was mounted on tier wall. Once they did it came up ok and got my 100.. They checked the drive for opening and if dashboard worked

Just traded in a 2008ish 60GB 360, 1 controller and power brick. I didn't supply an HDMI cable, she didn't ask. She plugged it in and powered up, scanned the barcode and away I went. She did not care that it had no factory seal, either.

$100, can't beat that.

I really want to trade in my OG 360 but have a feeling i'll regret it. I'll have to give this some serious thought tonight. I really wish the Xbox one was BC.

Will there be another deal as good as this one? That's my major hesitation.

Do they just turn on the console or do they try to insert a disc?

My Xbox is a hit and miss with games since you have to bang on top of it while it reads to get it going.

Also, I opened up my console before to fix the drive issues, there are some dents where you insert a screwdriver to get it open. Would they take it or is it YMMV? I have the box, manuals, pretty much everything as if it was new on my Xbox Elite.

Okay, once again YMMV. I just brought in an old 20GB Pro X360 that I bought on launch day back then. It was giving me an E74 error, so I used the towel trick to fix it. Had to do it twice, but it worked perfectly after the second time. It helped that I had the original box, cables, controller (with sticker on it!), and all the docs that came with it. The console itself looked pristine. I boxed it up nice, and took it to my local BB.

I was surprised they send you to the Geek Squad line for trade-ins. They used to have the person working in games do it. The guy that helped me took one look at the orginal box, accessories, and made sure everything was there. That was it. He went to the register and once he put the serial number in it rang up - $10.00 credit plus $90.00 gaming promo. Got my gift card, done.

I'm sure it would have worked if they hooked it up, but it was cool that they did not. Again, please note - YMMV.

For me, they just check if it power on. I said I don't have controller but have av cable. That work. Thanks for that checklist . as long as the value is not zero it bump to 100.

Just traded mine in. They required the console, the power brick, and a controller. I got to keep my HDMI cable and HDD. They didn't even power the console on. Everything worked, but I just never played the damn thing. Now, to find a nice laptop to buy...

If I have a 20GB console with a 60GB HDD will they take it?

Also if I have a wired controller (MS Brand) instead of wireless does that matter?

Traded my 4gb slim in, figured I can get another cheap down the line if I wanna play some of my 360 RPG's again. They just plugged it in and made sure it worked, didn't try any games for me. Managed to get $186 after a few games. Not too bad. Ready to drive up there Friday Morning and get a few XBone things as they had nothing out yet at my Best Buy.

I wanna trade in my launch 360 but like another CAG mentioned, it needs some "assistance" opening the disc tray. I sometimes have to bang on top to get the games out lol. Hope they don't check the disc tray.. Will update if I get around to it.

Was able to trade my original PS3 without the AV cable, everything else they took.   They didnt test it or anything.  So long last gen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in my old, modded Xbox 360. Had one of the Geek Squad guys check it out and after it worked, they started talking with each other. I was a little worried and they came over to tell me that they can't read the serial number on the back. Luckily, I remembered that the serial number was also posted above the USB jacks in the front of the 360. Trade in value went from $6 to $100. Problem is that they're out of Xbox Ones nationwide. Can anyone confirm that I can use the giftcards to buy Visa giftcards?

Traded in my old, modded Xbox 360. Had one of the Geek Squad guys check it out and after it worked, they started talking with each other. I was a little worried and they came over to tell me that they can't read the serial number on the back. Luckily, I remembered that the serial number was also posted above the USB jacks in the front of the 360. Trade in value went from $6 to $100. Problem is that they're out of Xbox Ones nationwide. Can anyone confirm that I can use the giftcards to buy Visa giftcards?
You can line up on Thursday, they should have additional Xbox 1s for the midnight launch.

Gonna give it a go tomorrow without controller or hard drive. Figured I can find a cheap one down the line. I really only ever plan on using it for GTA:O, and then once comes to next-gen, it's more of a collectors thing for me. 

You can buy visa gift cards. I did it with my bb gift card so I could buy whatever I wanted at a different store.

Took in my old xbox 360 and my PS3 60Gb, my best buy didn't even hook them up to check and see if they worked. They both did though so no issue there just thought it was odd they took hardware without testing it, also thanks for the tip on buying visa gift cards with bestbuy giftcards may do this myself 

I traded in my 40gb PS3 with ease.  The girl didn't hook it up she simply asked if it worked and went on with the process.  Granted it was in really good cosmetic/working condition.  Great timing for this deal. 

Just got back from my local Best Buy. I traded in my 60GB Phat Xbox 360 with one controller, power brick and A/V. I also traded in my Xbox 360 Slim holiday Bundle (Came with Fable III & Halo Reach Token). Brought in Fable III (Unopened) and they didn't need it, they asked me if I wanted to trade towards credit (TIV $.50 haha), I did trade in Batman Arkham Origins (TIV $19 + 100% bonus = $38). They just scanned both my boxes, didn't even have a TV to test either systems (No power on, nothing) and just took my word for it.

Both systems had no problems anyway, got a total of $238 for 10 minutes of standing around and signing my signature, on all three different white pieces of paper (I was told to sign for each trade transaction). They also had Dead Rising 3 & Forza 5 in stock (For Xbox One). I originally went to the video game section to get preorders on both games, but to my amazement, they had them in the front registers locked, guy asked me if I wanted to buy both games now, I said "Yes" but the store register wouldn't let the guy sell them to me. I have to wait until Friday the 22nd, but they had tons of both games in front. Ended up paying off Super Mario 3D World in full (For my Wii U). Great night for me tonight. Thanks guys!

I believe it is $4.95.
I think you are off by a dollar $5.95. Pretty sure it was a 6 dollar fee on the one I got awhile back. Maximum of $250, non reloadable. Still pretty awesome cause you get the bonuses on trade-in, and its a flat fee and not 20% to essentially get "cash" like at Gamestop. On a full $250, the fee is 2%

at my local best buy they checked nothing.  They did not even plug the PS3 in and did not ask for a controller.  Got my 100 gc in about 5 minutes.  Great deal!!!

Mannnn still don't know if I wanna do this. I wanna jump onto next gen but I'm sure I won't be able to get an Xbone anytime soon unless I lined up for midnight launch, but it really sucks that the consoles aren't backwards compatible. I just can't give my PS3 and 360 up! Too much backlog to go through!

Are all best buys going to accept the trade-ins or are there only specific best buys that do this? Too late to call my best buy to find out.

Anyone know the TIV for a 60gb hd either at BBY or GS? I can grab a 60gb xbox with 2 controllers (1 brand new), a DVD remote, and red dead for $75. Can't decide if it's worth it if I'm only gonna make $25 by trading the system +a few pennies for the rest.

Anyone know the TIV for a 60gb hd either at BBY or GS? I can grab a 60gb xbox with 2 controllers (1 brand new), a DVD remote, and red dead for $75. Can't decide if it's worth it if I'm only gonna make $25 by trading the system +a few pennies for the rest.
It is $4 base at GS, so with 30% toward pre-owned, it is $5.20.

Controller is $12.

bread's done
Back