Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

... has this recent bit of snow scared all of us from posting lately? Come on there are bound to be some great deals somewhere in this damn freakin state.

[quote name='Demolition Man']... has this recent bit of snow scared all of us from posting lately? Come on there are bound to be some great deals somewhere in this damn freakin state.[/QUOTE]

You're the one that freakin' works at a store that sell video games. Why don't you scare up some deals? You've gotta have some pull around there.

For anyone who lives in Minneapolis or wants to drive in for a deal.
The main Salvation Army in downtown Minneapolis has both the large
original xbox controls and the S type microsoft controls in black, green,
and blue for $10 each. They also have off name controls for all systems,
memory cards, Av cables, and even one of those xbox 360 cooling fan
things. All of them are at least half normal pricing. These are in the basement
store which has target returns.

I have some friends coming to visit me this weekend, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good sushi restaurant in downtown Minneapolis. Online reviews are nice and all, but I trust you guys more.
Thanks for ignoring that this is the furthest thing from a video game deal.

FujiYah down by Lyndale and Lake is about as good as it gets in town. I wouldn't know much about downtown since I only go there for 1st Ave shows nowadays.

[quote name='defiance_17']I have some friends coming to visit me this weekend, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good sushi restaurant in downtown Minneapolis. Online reviews are nice and all, but I trust you guys more.
Thanks for ignoring that this is the furthest thing from a video game deal.[/QUOTE]

i think it's uptown but the village wok is great all around

[quote name='defiance_17']I have some friends coming to visit me this weekend, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good sushi restaurant in downtown Minneapolis. Online reviews are nice and all, but I trust you guys more.
Thanks for ignoring that this is the furthest thing from a video game deal.[/quote]

Never been to Fuji-Ya downtown Mpls but the downtown St. Paul one is great! I'm willing to bet the chefs at the Mpls are pretty much the same with the St. Paul installment, if not better (since they've been open longer). You might want to call the night before just to get a reservation as a precaution because Friday/Saturday evenings are almost always packed and you wouldn't want to have to bring your party somewhere else or wait in line for half an hour.

Origami supposedly has the best Minnesota sushi chefs but their prices are higher than Fuji-Ya and I've never been there myself so I can't say. But trust me - you won't be disappointed with Fuji-Ya. Is this your first time going? If so, I can give recommendations that'll get your people hooked on sushi.

If your plans change, I also highly recommend Sawatdee (means "Hello") Thai restaurant. Oh man that curry beef soup is sooooooo good!

[quote name='toastapley']i think it's uptown but the village wok is great all around[/quote]

Village Wok is Chinese...and they can't top the crab and lobster at Peking Garden (best seafood dishes in the Midwest other than Chicago). Whole fried Walleye is OMFG!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Andover huh? Bet that fucker hit up one of my Targets to get it to. Mother fuckers...[/QUOTE]

You mean one of OUR Targets. I shop at them too you know.

[quote name='Demolition Man']You mean one of OUR Targets. I shop at them too you know.[/quote]
ZOMG!! All Ur Targets R belong to RedVsBlue .

Didn't you get the memo?

Thanks for ignoring that this is the furthest thing from a video game deal.[/QUOTE]

I know its too late, but next time I would recommend Midori's Floating World Cafe. Its just off Lake on 27th Ave. So.

[quote name='Demolition Man']You mean one of OUR Targets. I shop at them too you know.[/QUOTE]
I contest the collective ownership of the Snelling Super Target. I've been pimpin' that ho since she went super. It ain't easy, but she's all mine.

[quote name='Demolition Man']You mean one of OUR Targets. I shop at them too you know.[/QUOTE]

No you don't understand. The Andover Target is literally 3 blocks from where I live. They usually have the best clearance deals around but lately all the games seem to disappear right away. Last night I was able to choose from True Crime Streets of New York and some Dragonball game. Now that I know there's an ebay reseller in the area, that explains it.

Edit-hmm, this user apparently doesn't have any other video games for sale so maybe they're not the one to blame.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']No you don't understand. The Andover Target is literally 3 blocks from where I live. They usually have the best clearance deals around but lately all the games seem to disappear right away. Last night I was able to choose from True Crime Streets of New York and some Dragonball game. Now that I know there's an ebay reseller in the area, that explains it.[/QUOTE]
My advise to you is to take that fucker out. I know a guy who bounces between Brooklyn Park and Mexico with Navy Seals ties who handles these sort of things. If you can scrounge up $60K, tie a feather boa around the base of your mailbox to let him know you're interested. He's always watching. As soon as the feather boa is flown, expect a phone call from "Jesse."

[quote name='dothog']My advise to you is to take that fucker out. I know a guy who bounces between Brooklyn Park and Mexico with Navy Seals ties who handles these sort of things. If you can scrounge up $60K, tie a feather boa around the base of your mailbox to let him know you're interested. He's always watching. As soon as the feather boa is flown, expect a phone call from "Jesse."[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='RedvsBlue']No you don't understand. The Andover Target is literally 3 blocks from where I live. They usually have the best clearance deals around but lately all the games seem to disappear right away. Last night I was able to choose from True Crime Streets of New York and some Dragonball game. Now that I know there's an ebay reseller in the area, that explains it.[/QUOTE]

I thought you lived in St. Cloud? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else who posts on here. Funny thing btw... technically the Andover Target is the closest one to me but I'm rarely in that area. Its a nice Target tho from the few times I have been in there. I prefer going to the new Super Target that just opened on Highway 65. I tend to get lost in there a LOT. However its very nice in there. Not that I'm saying anything that you probably don't know already. ;)

I'm still kicking myself in the ass for passing by a marked down copy of "Wario Ware Touched" at the Northtown Target. Not that I don't own it already but I figured I could of grabbed it for trade with a fellow CAG since I'm still trying to find Castlevania DOS.

Speaking of Castlevania... how are you doing on that copy of POR that you snagged from my CC (and you somehow advoided me since you proclaim me as a "celebrity" ha). I'm near the end right now myself as I'm trying to finish up on the quests before I go into the final boss fights. One damn tough game. Certainly worth the $20 I snagged it for. :D

[quote name='Demolition Man']I thought you lived in St. Cloud? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else who posts on here. Funny thing btw... technically the Andover Target is the closest one to me but I'm rarely in that area. Its a nice Target tho from the few times I have been in there. I prefer going to the new Super Target that just opened on Highway 65. I tend to get lost in there a LOT. However its very nice in there. Not that I'm saying anything that you probably don't know already. ;)

I'm still kicking myself in the ass for passing by a marked down copy of "Wario Ware Touched" at the Northtown Target. Not that I don't own it already but I figured I could of grabbed it for trade with a fellow CAG since I'm still trying to find Castlevania DOS.

Speaking of Castlevania... how are you doing on that copy of POR that you snagged from my CC (and you somehow advoided me since you proclaim me as a "celebrity" ha). I'm near the end right now myself as I'm trying to finish up on the quests before I go into the final boss fights. One damn tough game. Certainly worth the $20 I snagged it for. :D[/QUOTE]\

I moved.

I saw that copy of Wario Ware also and I passed on it as well. I've played it once and didn't think it was that spectacular.

I've played about 1/2 an hour of Castlevania. I've been playing too many other games lately so I haven't put a whole lot of time into it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I saw that copy of Wario Ware also and I passed on it as well. I've played it once and didn't think it was that spectacular.[/quote]

Its not spectacular in my book but it was for its time one of the better DS titles out. Certainly a good way to kill time while on the crapper as well. I just picked up "Wario Ware Twisted" at Kohls out of all places for $14.99 since they have their meager selection of games this week at 25% off. Not that you are missing much besides a TON of copies of the same few kiddie games, a few older sports titles, and more kiddie games. In fact "Twisted" was the only GOOD game in their whole selection.... and it was their last copy too.

They also had their meager selection of DVDs also 25% off, which in essence put the few new titles they had (Cars and Ice Age 2) a whole dollar or so above what it sells for elsewhere normally as they had them marked at $29.99. I know that Kohls is not known for DVD sales but DAMN.

I've played about 1/2 an hour of Castlevania. I've been playing too many other games lately so I haven't put a whole lot of time into it.

Its pretty enjoyable gameplay wise. Its not the greatest game ever but its well worth playing through at least once. Once I get this one in the bag then its off to "Hotel Dusk." I've already played it for a bit last night and I can say its just a beautiful game to look at graphically.

What games are you playing btw?

[quote name='Demolition Man']Its not spectacular in my book but it was for its time one of the better DS titles out. Certainly a good way to kill time while on the crapper as well. I just picked up "Wario Ware Twisted" at Kohls out of all places for $14.99 since they have their meager selection of games this week at 25% off. Not that you are missing much besides a TON of copies of the same few kiddie games, a few older sports titles, and more kiddie games. In fact "Twisted" was the only GOOD game in their whole selection.... and it was their last copy too.

They also had their meager selection of DVDs also 25% off, which in essence put the few new titles they had (Cars and Ice Age 2) a whole dollar or so above what it sells for elsewhere normally as they had them marked at $29.99. I know that Kohls is not known for DVD sales but DAMN.

Its pretty enjoyable gameplay wise. Its not the greatest game ever but its well worth playing through at least once. Once I get this one in the bag then its off to "Hotel Dusk." I've already played it for a bit last night and I can say its just a beautiful game to look at graphically.

What games are you playing btw?[/QUOTE]

NBA 2k7 for 360 (I don't even like basketball really but damn is it a fun game), the Crackdown demo (I've probably sank about 5 hours into it now...), Sid Meier's Pirates for PSP, and (even though I haven't played in over a week) World of Warcraft

My DS is kind of sitting cause I'm too lazy to play Castlevania or finish Phoenix Wright and the other games I own are the brain games and Mario Kart DS (which I've more or less completely finished).

The Target in Eagan has Lego Star Wars II X360 for $39.99. According to the shelf tag, this price cut will last until March 5. I haven't been to any other Targets yet, so I don't know if this is everywhere or not, but that's not a bad price if you're looking to pick it up soon.

[quote name='toastapley']does everyone have a wii that wants one?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, was wondering the same thing. I thought I saw a Wii in the case at the Mpls Quarry Target the other day, but a screaming kid prevented me from investigating. Hope that all Minnesota-area CAGs have their Wii by now.

I bought a XBOX360 Quick Charge kit @ BB last month. I lost the receipt and I want to return it for an exchange, not a refund. Which BB hassles the least when returning items w/o receipt for an even exchange?

[quote name='nintendokid']I bought a XBOX360 Quick Charge kit @ BB last month. I lost the receipt and I want to return it for an exchange, not a refund. Which BB hassles the least when returning items w/o receipt for an even exchange?[/QUOTE]
The correct answer is not Roseville. I've been able to pull shenanigans at the BB near Southdale.

I think we need to start reporting on what BBs have those clearance games in stock. I'll be heading out to the Roseville location in about an hour.

I briefly thought about checking BB for any clearance games this morning, but then decided it wasn't going to be worth my time. From the sounds of things I made the right choice. :)

Got back from Roseville a while ago; came home with the last copy of Sega Classics Collection ($1.99), and the only other $1.99 game I saw was a copy of Blinx 2. Then again, I did leave my list at home (stupid), so I may have missed a lot, though the listed prices on the rest most likely haven't changed yet. Good luck to everyone else...

hey guys, i am going to be training in Minneapolis for a month (march), is there any good cheap ass place I should check out for games near the airport area.

TIA

I checked several of the west metro BBs this morning and came home with some great finds. The BB near Southdale even had their clearence items marked and in a separate section!

[quote name='GregorSamsa']I checked several of the west metro BBs this morning and came home with some great finds. The BB near Southdale even had their clearence items marked and in a separate section![/QUOTE]
Roseville had nothing good. Was hoping to find a Chibi Robo and came up short again. That game is tough to find and even tougher to find on the cheap.

[quote name='GregorSamsa']The BB near Southdale even had their clearence items marked and in a separate section![/QUOTE]

Not entirely true. The problem is that people assumed that all of the clearance games were in that bin. A fair amount weren't, especially the PSP games which not a single one of those games had been put in that bin. I managed to get nearly every PSP game I was looking for this afternoon there. :D Still couldn't bite on the allegedly awful PSP Ape Escape games though.

So where do the UofM Cags shop, Is the dwntn stuff the closest? Also anyone at the U for Xbox live competition or such, I think it would be a grand time.

I shop at Target (Roseville, Quarry, Shoreview) and the EB Games at Lyndale & Hennepin if I happen to walk by. I avoid BB at all costs.

Haven't been to the downtown Target at all, do they have a decent game section?

[quote name='dothog']Roseville had nothing good. Was hoping to find a Chibi Robo and came up short again. That game is tough to find and even tougher to find on the cheap.[/quote]

I also was bummed not to find chibirobo, but if you don't mind spending 20 bones, I believe they still have copies at the EP Sears.

[quote name='Nogib'] Not entirely true. The problem is that people assumed that all of the clearance games were in that bin. [/quote]

I could not agree more. I found the last 1.99 copy of ridge racer for the Xbox 360! glee!

[quote name='GregorSamsa']I also was bummed not to find chibirobo, but if you don't mind spending 20 bones, I believe they still have copies at the EP Sears.
[/QUOTE]
Cheers. Will give it a looksee.

Fiance went to the Minnetonka store in the morning and there was practically nothing at opening. After work most of these places were cleared out. Grabbed a PSP Valkerie Profile to trade but will likely return.

Also I've never seen so many folks out on cell phones with list looking for these games. WTF? Did this end up on the local news or something?

[quote name='Crash55118']So where do the UofM Cags shop, Is the dwntn stuff the closest? Also anyone at the U for Xbox live competition or such, I think it would be a grand time.[/QUOTE]

F that. Get a friend to drive you around town. Hahaha.

BB employees get dibs on the clearance? I didn't even bother.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Looks like we are losing all the CompUSA's here in MN according to CompUSA's store locator. The nearest one listed is in Iowa.

Farewell CompUSA.[/QUOTE]

Meh, good riddance. They haven't been worth going to since they quit doing those $29.99 sales on games a week or two after they released.

Oh, I almost forgot about how a year ago when they had Oblivion on sale the week it came out for $44.99 except for the fact that none of the stores got it in until the week after that :roll: Thankfully Circuit City is awesome about price-matching though.

[quote name='Crash55118']Haha Friends, I ain't got none of those :), Well more like all of my friends with cars at the U, aren't really "gaming " types...[/QUOTE]

If you buy me lunch, I'll drive you. I commute to the U everyday. ;)

I was able to get my mp3 player and my most recent digital camera at CompUSA dumping sales. I'm fond of them, and sad to see them leave.

I think the phones and the lists have more to do with CAG like sites becoming more profound in the last few months. It used to be that a sale or a clearance was a great thing to bump into, now it seems like there are at least 5 or 6 sites that get advanced warning of deals and the "neckbeards" (I like that term) hit all of the sales either for ebay or trade up purposes.

I would have liked to get a $2 Oblivion, but I'm not going to cry about it.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Looks like we are losing all the CompUSA's here in MN according to CompUSA's store locator. The nearest one listed is in Iowa.

Farewell CompUSA.[/QUOTE]
Gonna miss the Roseville CompUSA. Gotten lots of cheap stuff there.

After spending more than 4 hours shoveling yesterday I'm prepared to check out the France Ave and maybe the Ridgedale CompUSA stores to see if anything is on clearance. I have to leave the apt anyway so that the people can come in and plow.

p.s. the Lagoon or the Uptown (can't remember which) is showing Creature From the Black Lagoon in 3D tonight (Saturday 3/3/07) at midnight. Say hi if you're there, I'll be with my ladyfriend so just look for the two tallest people there and that'll most likely be us.

bread's done
Back