Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='dothog']Wiis are definitely easier to find in the MSP area. I've seen 7 total on shelves at a few stores over the past few weeks. Another way to tell that they're becoming more available is Craigslist--there's been a lot more "Wii with 4 games [note: Wii Sports]" ads popping up for ~$300.[/QUOTE]

What stores? never started looking until recently for the rugrats birthday(s). Where to look? Subscribed to wiitracker, but never at my desk in time.

[quote name='HeyBeerman']What stores? never started looking until recently for the rugrats birthday(s). Where to look? Subscribed to wiitracker, but never at my desk in time.[/QUOTE]

On two different occasions, I've seen 5+ Wiis at the Andover Walmart just sitting on the shelves. That's the only place I've ever seen them in the wild.

[quote name='HeyBeerman']What stores? never started looking until recently for the rugrats birthday(s). Where to look? Subscribed to wiitracker, but never at my desk in time.[/quote]

Before I left last Friday the Costco in EP had a palette of Wii bundles. They come with the console, an extra wiimote, and mario party 8.

[quote name='HeyBeerman']What stores? never started looking until recently for the rugrats birthday(s). Where to look? Subscribed to wiitracker, but never at my desk in time.[/QUOTE]
Since May I've seen them at 2 Super Targets, a regular Target, and a Wal-Mart (in St. Paul, NE Mpls, & Roseville). I would imagine that I happened to show on their shipping days--I can't remember what day of the week each sighting took place on. Maybe a CAG can tell you when the big stores get their junk in, and then you just have to make the rounds on those days in hopes of finding one. Vigilance!

Here's a double post but it's on unrelated topics. This one is for Gamefly users in the Mpls-StP area.

I've been with Gamefly for almost three weeks now and it's been unimpressive. The delivery in both directions has been very slow -- games are taking as few as 5 and as many as 7 days to show up in either direction. However, I just had one game instantly show up as returned, not a day after I put it in the post, due to the "Fast Service" gimmick.

I couldn't remember where I dropped the game off (it's one of three places), so I went to one of the post offices nearby and asked them questions about this "Fast Service" thing. Apparently, it's the "AFSM" thing indicated on the front of the envelope, but--and here's the thing--the mail workers I talked to don't know anything about it. That is to say, they have no clue where or how it's done in the area. They say the ASFM machines have been around for a while but aren't all that common in the wild.

My question to local CAGs who use Gamefly is how many of you see the Fast Service indicator on the games you return? If so, where are you returning your mail? I'd like to get an idea of where I can drop stuff in so Gamefly at least gets the wheels turning on their end right away. At the current rate, I'm basically seeing close to two weeks to: 1) have me put game A in the mail, 2) have GF receive it and put game B in the mail, and 3) have me receive game B. That's shitacular.

[quote name='dothog']Here's a double post but it's on unrelated topics. This one is for Gamefly users in the Mpls-StP area.

I've been with Gamefly for almost three weeks now and it's been unimpressive. The delivery in both directions has been very slow -- games are taking as few as 5 and as many as 7 days to show up in either direction. However, I just had one game instantly show up as returned, not a day after I put it in the post, due to the "Fast Service" gimmick.

I couldn't remember where I dropped the game off (it's one of three places), so I went to one of the post offices nearby and asked them questions about this "Fast Service" thing. Apparently, it's the "AFSM" thing indicated on the front of the envelope, but--and here's the thing--the mail workers I talked to don't know anything about it. That is to say, they have no clue where or how it's done in the area. They say the ASFM machines have been around for a while but aren't all that common in the wild.

My question to local CAGs who use Gamefly is how many of you see the Fast Service indicator on the games you return? If so, where are you returning your mail? I'd like to get an idea of where I can drop stuff in so Gamefly at least gets the wheels turning on their end right away. At the current rate, I'm basically seeing close to two weeks to: 1) have me put game A in the mail, 2) have GF receive it and put game B in the mail, and 3) have me receive game B. That's shitacular.[/QUOTE]
When I tried gamefly it was pretty much that slow, I never got lucky enough for it to show up as "fast service."

Anybody who want a copy of Ridge Racer 6 for the 360 should head to the toys r us in Minnetonka. They have two copies left that have been clearenced to $6.90. plus with the current clearence promo, it comes out to about 5.80.

[quote name='dothog']At least 3 Wiis on the shelves at the Roseville Super Target. Wii-needin' CAGs, mount up![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

darn. missed it! Anyhow, 2 questions about buying a Wii ...

1. buy at GameStop or wait for Target again? Not sure why, but have always hated GS.

2. buy the extended warranty? NOt sure if the Wii failure rates are high enough to merit any extended plan.

thx,
-hb

[quote name='HeyBeerman']darn. missed it! Anyhow, 2 questions about buying a Wii ...

1. buy at GameStop or wait for Target again? Not sure why, but have always hated GS.

2. buy the extended warranty? NOt sure if the Wii failure rates are high enough to merit any extended plan.

thx,
-hb[/quote]

1.GameStop
2. You shouldn't need one.

The Wii includes 3 months of warranty coverage out of the box. Then if you register your system through Nintendo online you get an extra year on top of that. Now unless Target is offering that 3 year one for really cheap ($20 tops) I'd say the 15 months from Nintendo is more than enough. Any problems you will have will come up before 30 days anyways.

It's the other way around - you get one year out the box, +3 months when you register.

Got mine at the Target at Lexington & 694 in November. Got up early on a Sunday and waited with a bunch of soccer moms and twentysomething dudes.

Heads up, toys-r-us has gun and nba live 06 for 6 bux after 20% off clearance. They also have a bunch of ps2, xbox, gamecube, psp games for under 8 bux. I was there today and there was two wii systems on the shelf. The toys-r-us is located by ridgedale mall.

Eden Prairie Best Buy had 2 Wiis on the shelf around 7pm Thursday night. Sorry I couldn't post sooner. Might still be worth a look Friday morning.

I just picked up a Wii at my local Shopko. I usually never shop for games at Shopko because of their outrageous prices (Today I saw Titan Quest $54.99, Star Wars: Empire at War $54.99, etc. Hehe pretty ridiculous.) Anyway, no other store had even a single Wii. Not Walmart, Target, or Kmart. Shopko had 8 as of yesterday. The thing is they don't have any on the shelf, and they don't even have a large sign or anything to advertise that they might have any in stock. I really couldn't believe it.

I just thought I'd mention it for anyone still looking for a Wii. Winona is a bit too far away from everything, but I would call around to Shopko's or Kmart's in smaller towns that may not take their videogame display's too seriously.

Found one at Best Buy ... Found one at Target first, but the corner of the box was caved in!

Unfortunately, the one I found is "too new" for my purposes *ahem*. Any chance I will be able to find an older serial number new? Looking at Craigslist, people are understandably hesitant to send their SN to a stranger.

Or do I table this discussion so I don't get banned?

[quote name='HeyBeerman']Or do I table this discussion so I don't get banned?[/QUOTE]
Probably a good idea. Still, though, thanks for the laugh over "too new." :applause: Very slick.

[quote name='nintendokid']Anyone see Mega Man ZX (DS) new recently anywhere 10 miles within St. Paul?[/quote]

Just saw it today at Ridgedale TRU for $17. But that's like 16 miles outside of St. Paul.

Your best bet maybe the Maplewood or Bloomington TRUs if you haven't tried there yet.

Just wanted to let anybody who jumped on the PSP train this week know that the Circuit City in Minnetonka has Metal Gear Acid 2 in their clearence bin labeled at $12.95, but for some reason it rang up at 6 dollars this morning. I know they are running a buy one get one half off on portable games; but this was the only item I purchased (and I don't think I was flirting with the clerk too much).

[quote name='GregorSamsa']Circuit City in Minnetonka has Metal Gear Acid 2 in their clearence bin labeled at $12.95, but for some reason it rang up at 6 dollars this morning. [/quote]

It's on clearance for $8.96 at CC. CC has a 33% off clearance titles until Saturday.

And FYI: MGA2 is only $5 at Sears. I've seen it around the metro, just don't remember which stores.

Thanks manthing,
I stopped by my local sears (EP) and had them ring up MGA2 before going to CC and it still rung up at 19.99

I'm picking up a PSP as soon as the new piano black model releases, so I was browsing for some games. MG:A2 is $8.99 at DeepDiscount, if anyone doesn't feel like hunting. I'm considering ordering that with Portable Ops this weekend.

[quote name='defiance_17']I'm picking up a PSP as soon as the new piano black model releases, so I was browsing for some games. MG:A2 is $8.99 at DeepDiscount, if anyone doesn't feel like hunting. I'm considering ordering that with Portable Ops this weekend.[/quote]

I saw an entire 'column' of MG:A2 at the Eagan Best Buy.. Normal price is $10.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I saw an entire 'column' of MG:A2 at the Eagan Best Buy.. Normal price is $10.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads-up, but I live in Downtown Minneapolis. I try to avoid driving as much as possible.

I'm sure someone will appreciate it, though.

I guess this isn't in deals, but I didn't want to start a topic and get flagged for spam, but I am starting a gaming blog, so if anyone feels the need to review (I'll throw it up) and once I have a web page built, I'll archive them there...

Sorry if I shouldn't post this just trying to get a bit of exposure with a hometown audience (I got the UMN:TC btw)

http://blog.collegegamerz.com/

[quote name='adg1034']Anyone have any luck with the B2G1 deal at a local TRU? Minnetonka? Bloomington? I don't know... Maplewood?[/quote]

I went to the TRU off of 42 and the 35s.. and they had signs up all over for B2G1 and B1G150%off on accessories.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I went to the TRU off of 42 and the 35s.. and they had signs up all over for B2G1 and B1G150%off on accessories.[/QUOTE]
How was the selection? I just realized that my BioShock receipt makes this deal a whole lot sweeter, if I can find some 360 games I'm interested in.

[quote name='defiance_17']How was the selection? I just realized that my BioShock receipt makes this deal a whole lot sweeter, if I can find some 360 games I'm interested in.[/quote]

Well, They didn't have eternal sonata in yet.. so I only ended up getting MGS: PO by itself (for $20. It was labeled $40). I think they had every decent Wii game.. good DS selection. Weak PSP and PSP selection.

Not completly sure about the 360.. the few games I checked were priced stupidly.. Like DOA4 for $60.

All in all, the selection was decent, although everything good in the clearance section was gone.

Any southern MN CAG's been to the new Video Trading Company of Rochester yet? They just opened, and for a brand new business, they have a damn fine stock of old school games. They had an entire rack of NES games, some of them in their original boxes, like Blades of Steel and Little Nemo. They even had a top loading NES. I talked to the clerk a bit (the only employee other than the owner/manager), and it sounds like this is really, as gay as it sounds, a "labor of love", doesn't sound like they are in it for the money. They buy their old school game stocks off eBay. And of course, they take trades and whatnot, so I might go there and trade in my old DC games. But if you live in the area, check them out, they are on North Broadway in Rochester, in the same complex as LITTLE CAESARS!

[quote name='BattleChicken']Well, They didn't have eternal sonata in yet.. so I only ended up getting MGS: PO by itself (for $20. It was labeled $40). I think they had every decent Wii game.. good DS selection. Weak PSP and PSP selection.

Not completly sure about the 360.. the few games I checked were priced stupidly.. Like DOA4 for $60.

All in all, the selection was decent, although everything good in the clearance section was gone.[/QUOTE]
The St. Cloud Toys R Us was almost untouched, if that means anything to you (or anyone else). With the sale coming back in a couple weeks, it's worth mentioning.

I go to Fargo once or twice a month, so it's right on the way for me.

I just got word that the Eagan Gamecrazy is shutting down -- the Hollywood is losing money hand over fist, so they're shutting down anywhere between 2 and 9 weeks from now.

Current deal is 20% off all used games at least.. not 100% sure about what all they have.. but all Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 games have been shipped to other stores. He confirmed that PSP and DS games are still there tho.

No discounts on hardware... I think. He mentioned the sale will get better as time goes on. I might check it out after work tonight.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I just got word that the Eagan Gamecrazy is shutting down -- the Hollywood is losing money hand over fist, so they're shutting down anywhere between 2 and 9 weeks from now.

Current deal is 20% off all used games at least.. not 100% sure about what all they have.. but all Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 games have been shipped to other stores. He confirmed that PSP and DS games are still there tho.

No discounts on hardware... I think. He mentioned the sale will get better as time goes on. I might check it out after work tonight.[/quote]

Does anyone know if the Roseville Gamcrazy is closing?

[quote name='BattleChicken']I just got word that the Eagan Gamecrazy is shutting down -- the Hollywood is losing money hand over fist, so they're shutting down anywhere between 2 and 9 weeks from now.

No discounts on hardware... I think. He mentioned the sale will get better as time goes on. I might check it out after work tonight.[/quote]I was just there today, and I can confirm it's going out of business. I was there last week for the Halo 3 launch, and they still looked like a normal store, but today, a lot of stuff was cleared out.

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']Does anyone know if the Roseville Gamcrazy is closing?[/quote]

They told me they (Eagan) were the only store in the region getting shut down.

I stopped at the St. Paul Maryland Ave K-Mart after dropping off clothes at the Savers and low and behold, they have Zelda Phantom Hourglass in the glass shelves already with the 34.xx price sticker. Looked buy-able but I don't care nothing for that game. If anyone wants it before the ridiculous "Available Oct 2nd at 5pm!" or whatever crap going on at other stores, I'm sure you can convice the cashier's to get it out for you.

Cool info for the Eagen GameCrazy. Will have to check it out.

Anyone know of any places in the metro area that sell classic games? I just got a Genesis last weekend, and now I wanna track down some of my old favorites.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Anyone know of any places in the metro area that sell classic games? I just got a Genesis last weekend, and now I wanna track down some of my old favorites.[/quote]

GameCrazy, though they are trying to phase them out. Don't overdo it - save your gas as the selections have become pretty poor over the years. Play N Trade (www.playntrade.com) has a Bloomington and Blaine and it's a new franchise. Very nice atmosphere and carries classics.

STAY AWAY FROM TOYRIFFIC! I don't even know how they stay in business. Mario kart 64 = $39.99, Final Fantasy III (SNES) = $49.99 cart only, mwahahahhahahhaha losers!

[quote name='nintendokid']GameCrazy, though they are trying to phase them out. Don't overdo it - save your gas as the selections have become pretty poor over the years. Play N Trade (www.playntrade.com) has a Bloomington and Blaine and it's a new franchise. Very nice atmosphere and carries classics.

STAY AWAY FROM TOYRIFFIC! I don't even know how they stay in business. Mario kart 64 = $39.99, Final Fantasy III (SNES) = $49.99 cart only, mwahahahhahahhaha losers![/quote]That's crazy, I just sent an email to a listing on Craigslist of classic games, and sure enough, the address is the same as the Play N Trade in Bloomington. Small world. And it's moderately close to my house too. Maybe I'l go poke around tommorrow.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Anyone know of any places in the metro area that sell classic games? I just got a Genesis last weekend, and now I wanna track down some of my old favorites.[/quote]

Best bet is to keep an eye on craigslist for sega games. Just use search feature and check in electronics and games. Otherwise gamecrazy on snelling and the playntrade stores have them. Gamecrazy selection sucks though.

[quote name='rmb']Best bet is to keep an eye on craigslist for sega games. Just use search feature and check in electronics and games. Otherwise gamecrazy on snelling and the playntrade stores have them. Gamecrazy selection sucks though.[/quote]I already went to the Eagan Gamecrazy and bought a bunch of old sports games, and I got in touch with a guy on craigslist, and I should meet up with him tommorrow and buy some games off him. But I'll certainly check out that PlayNTrade store next week when I get paid.

Did the Best Buy in Roseville stop doing the 50% off clearance rack? Last time I went in the rack was still there but it didn't have the 50% off signs. Only reason I bothered to go to that store.

Eagan Game Crazy's going out of business sale is at 50% off now, as of yesterday. I picked up Final Fantasy 1 for the PSP (i've bought the game like 10 times now...) every extend extra, and Spiderman 3 for the Xbox 360.

hey still have a LOT of new Xbox 360 titles, lots of new PS2, some Gamecube and a passable selection of DS games. LOTS of used PS2 and Xbox 1 games too -- ALL of it 50% off.

Any local CAGs might want to check it out. before the selection dwindles.

Anyone know what the Bloomington Play N Trade has for Genesis games? Do they have a decent selection? I really don't want to drive from Eagan to Bloomington just to see nothing but Columns and Golden Axe carts.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Eagan Game Crazy's going out of business sale is at 50% off now, as of yesterday. I picked up Final Fantasy 1 for the PSP (i've bought the game like 10 times now...) every extend extra, and Spiderman 3 for the Xbox 360.

hey still have a LOT of new Xbox 360 titles, lots of new PS2, some Gamecube and a passable selection of DS games. LOTS of used PS2 and Xbox 1 games too -- ALL of it 50% off.

Any local CAGs might want to check it out. before the selection dwindles.[/quote]

Where is this store located in Eagan?

[quote name='rmb']Where is this store located in Eagan?[/quote]

According to gamecrazy.com and yahoo local, this particular GC is actually considered St. Paul WTF! It's the one on Cliff Road.

Be aware that most of the good stuff have been shipped off to other branches. Most likely, you'll end up just wasting gas.

bread's done
Back