Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='aphu9876']Anybody seen any Blue Dragon's on clearance at any Targets in the Metro area? I've been to W St. Paul and Woodbury without any luck. Thanks[/quote]

I found a single copy buried at the Target off of 7 and 169. weak price of 29.99, I'm still sitting on the sealed game and receipt just incase.

Didn't think this deserved it's own new thread, but Goodwill is having two sales this weekend at all of it's regular locations.

25% off on Saturday 15th
50% off Red tags (Typically Target merchandise, which they've never done before) on Sunday 16th
You can also sign up to win a trip worth $1,250.
http://www.goodwilleasterseals.org/...ls.org/site/PageServer?pagename=shop_calendar

Here is a link to the stores.
http://www.goodwilleasterseals.org/site/PageServer?pagename=shop_locations

I'll have to check out Hopkins to see what they have in "the case."

Any good deals in Minnesota this week? I am trying to go to the Video Hollywood in Edina but theres probably nothing left.

Apple Valley Best Buy has a 50% off table set up in front of the games section. I picked up Stranglehold (X360), and the manager standing there offered to knock it down to $15, so I got that. Then he said he'd give me Beowulf and Pirates of the Caribbean (both X360) for $5 each, so I picked them up too. They also had Guitar Hero II X360 bundles for 39.99, as well as Battalion Wars II for Wii on the table, and a Crash PS2 game.

Inver Grove Best Buy has Halo 3 Legendary for 59.99, Collector's for 39.99. Also All-Pro Football X360 for 9.99. Package deals also for buying an Xbox 360. All on table at store entrance.

All right, so I'm tired of not having anywhere to buy games other than GameStop, Target, etc. So, I've made an editable Google Map:
Click Here to view and edit the Google Map of Twin Cities-area Independent Game Stores!
It's editable by anyone (Wiki-style) so please please PLEASE add independent game stores-- they're really hard to find when you don't know about them. I've added all of the ones whose locations I could reasonably deduce from this thread but I KNOW there are a ton of other stores missing that have been mentioned in this thread. Toyriffic, Games N Go (I got the one at Southdale, but the others are a mystery), and a bunch of other stores. I have been to basically none of these (yet), and I'm sure there are a ton of people looking for new stores-- it would be awesome if you would add information about selections, pricing, opinions, etc to the description pages in here, even if you don't have anywhere to add. Thanks, guys.

[quote name='llamapalooza87']All right, so I'm tired of not having anywhere to buy games other than GameStop, Target, etc. So, I've made an editable Google Map:
Click Here to view and edit the Google Map of Twin Cities-area Independent Game Stores!
It's editable by anyone (Wiki-style) so please please PLEASE add independent game stores-- they're really hard to find when you don't know about them. I've added all of the ones whose locations I could reasonably deduce from this thread but I KNOW there are a ton of other stores missing that have been mentioned in this thread. Toyriffic, Games N Go (I got the one at Southdale, but the others are a mystery), and a bunch of other stores. I have been to basically none of these (yet), and I'm sure there are a ton of people looking for new stores-- it would be awesome if you would add information about selections, pricing, opinions, etc to the description pages in here, even if you don't have anywhere to add. Thanks, guys.[/quote]

Awesome idea!!

[quote name='llamapalooza87']All right, so I'm tired of not having anywhere to buy games other than GameStop, Target, etc. So, I've made an editable Google Map[/quote]

First off :applause:. Thanks for your efforts.

[quote name='llamapalooza87']Games N Go (I got the one at Southdale, but the others are a mystery),[/quote]

I know that there was a Games N Go at Rosedale when I was there last. I believe the other locations are Brooklyn Park(Broadway & Brooklyn Blvd in the strip mall with Cub) and St Cloud(i dunno exactly where)

I'd edit the map, but I can't get it to work :cry:

I dunno if the place is still around. They used to have a website and advertised on KFAN all the time. I haven't heard ads on the radio for awhile, and I cant pull up a website

For those having trouble editing the map:
I don't think Google allows anonymous editing. If you are signed in with a Google Account (GMail, Google Personalized Home, or any other Google Stuff; you can make one for free if you don't have one already) then there should be a button in the left-hand sidebar above "Minnesota Game Stores" that says either "Collaborate" or "Edit." Click there, and you should be in.

When I tried to find the Games N Go website, the closest I got was a redirect to some random eBay page.

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help thus far!

Just to get a notice out there a few weeks in advance, if anyone sees a MN area retailer breaking the street date on Mario Kart Wii, do us MN Wii CAGs a solid and report it here ASAP.

A few of us found Super Mario Galaxy a week before its street date last November, and we may get similarly lucky this time around, too. Your vigilance is appreciated!

EDIT: Rather than double post I thought I'd edit this one and note that it seems unlikely that BB will shelve MKWii early. I visited two yesterday and, unlike their treatment of SMG, they've all got "reserve now" cards out for MKWii. Does anyone know when the game shipped and when retailers will have them in their storerooms?

[quote name='llamapalooza87']I'm guessing nobody will shelve it early because it's a Sunday release. Too unusual of a date for anyone not to notice.[/QUOTE]
SMG was a Monday release. Didn't prevent people from putting it out on the Tuesday or Wednesday before.

Don't take the possibility of someone breaking the street date away from me with your logic and reason, llama. ;) I need this.

[quote name='dothog']A few of us found Super Mario Galaxy a week before its street date last November, and we may get similarly lucky this time around, too. Your vigilance is appreciated![/QUOTE]

Mario Galaxy did not have an firm street date on it. Just an expected to be shipped out date. That means that stores can sell them the second they come in. However Mario Kart DOES have an firm street date on it which means most stores will have it under lock and key until this upcoming Sunday.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Mario Galaxy did not have an firm street date on it. Just an expected to be shipped out date. That means that stores can sell them the second they come in. However Mario Kart DOES have an firm street date on it which means most stores will have it under lock and key until this upcoming Sunday.[/QUOTE]
"Expected to be shipped out" date? What about the Brawl release? Was that a "firm" street date or was it an ETBSO date? Because Sears busted the shit out of that date, whichever it was. I'm not positive, but I think you're complicating things. It's as simple as all titles having a street date, not a soft street date or a firm street date or an ETBSO date.

The games are shipped out to retailers so that they arrive sometime ahead of the street date. It's up to the retailers to honor that street date. In the past, big retailers like Wal-Mart really couldn't give a shit about street dates--if they received a title on Saturday, they'd just put it out on Sunday because they could, Tuesday street date be damned.

The reason fewer big retailers will break the street date this time around with Mario Kart Wii isn't because they give a shit about Nintendo's "firm" date, it's because they've now done tie-ins with the release (pre-order bonuses, midnight releases, so on). It's now to their advantage to hold to that date. So you're right that fewer retailers are going to break the date, but it has nothing to do with Nintendo's insistence. It has to do with retailers creating retail events around that date.

My hope is that Sears continues to not give a fuck. Stick it to the man, Sears!

[quote name='dothog']"Expected to be shipped out" date? What about the Brawl release? Was that a "firm" street date or was it an ETBSO date? Because Sears busted the shit out of that date, whichever it was. I'm not positive, but I think you're complicating things. It's as simple as all titles having a street date, not a soft street date or a firm street date or an ETBSO date.[/quote]

Firm street date for Brawl which was March 9th.

Yes I realize that I went a little too wordy on "ETBSO." Does "Expected Date" sound better? And yes there are those two street dates since not every game as an firm street date on em. Do you really expect an title such as "Game Party" to have an firm street date on its release? That's why many titles are given the "expected date" in case retailers get them early then they can sell them right when they show up. That's why "Mario Galaxy" was sold early - because it was given an "expected date" and not an "firm date."

The games are shipped out to retailers so that they arrive sometime ahead of the street date. It's up to the retailers to honor that street date. In the past, big retailers like Wal-Mart really couldn't give a shit about street dates--if they received a title on Saturday, they'd just put it out on Sunday because they could, Tuesday street date be damned.

Personally I'm not an big fan of street dates myself. Just put the product out and sell it when it arrives. However I can see why studios and retailers do it which is obviously to hype the product up so you will be there on release date to get it then... instead of having to guess on when it will be there (if ever).

The reason fewer big retailers will break the street date this time around with Mario Kart Wii isn't because they give a shit about Nintendo's "firm" date, it's because they've now done tie-ins with the release (pre-order bonuses, midnight releases, so on). It's now to their advantage to hold to that date. So you're right that fewer retailers are going to break the date, but it has nothing to do with Nintendo's insistence. It has to do with retailers creating retail events around that date.

Very true. You can't fault retailers for wanting to make an event out of an big release like this. Especially when retailers can use an big title like this to sell accessories, other games, and the like... or even use it to tie in with yet another shipment of Wii systems.

My hope is that Sears continues to not give a fuck. Stick it to the man, Sears!

We'll see. Personally I can hold off until Sunday to get Mario Kart. If you can get it before Sunday then that's cool. My world won't end if I don't get it prior to Sunday.

[quote name='Demolition Man']
Personally I'm not an big fan of street dates myself. Just put the product out and sell it when it arrives. However I can see why studios and retailers do it which is obviously to hype the product up so you will be there on release date to get it then... instead of having to guess on when it will be there (if ever).[/QUOTE]
I agree. In this case Nintendo's making it easy for retailers to abide by the street date, at least in the Midwest, because the games are going to arrive so close to that date.

I figured Thursday was maybe my first chance to find MKW early, but it was nowhere to be found. Both the people at Sears and Target said that they didn't even have it back in their storeroom yet, and from what I'm reading elsewhere it sounds like Nintendo shipped them out on Wednesday.

Looks like I'll be hitting up one of the midnight releases.

I'm having an hard time trying to decide to get either Mario Kart or GTA4. Since I can only afford one at the moment its really tricky..... decisions decision decisions.

GTA4 just got a 10 on IGN. Its def a better game. Anyways, what I was wondering is if someone knows of a place in Minny that'll be releasing GTA sooner?

Roseville Best Buy had over a dozen of the :360: Guitar Hero 2 bundles for $32.

Good deal for those who want another guitar, or missed out when the BC BB had it for $30

Game N Go in Southdale just may be one of the worst gaming stores I've ever been to. The selection is very weak and the service is even worse. I stood at the counter for more than two minutes while the asian kid sat and texted three times on his phone.

[quote name='importguyr34']Anyways, what I was wondering is if someone knows of a place in Minny that'll be releasing GTA sooner?[/QUOTE]
Did anyone find a retailer that broke either the Mario Kart or GTA4 street dates?

[quote name='nasum']Game N Go in Southdale just may be one of the worst gaming stores I've ever been to. The selection is very weak and the service is even worse. I stood at the counter for more than two minutes while the asian kid sat and texted three times on his phone.[/quote]
Yeah, but we don't really have a whole lot of options. Though, there is a Play N Trade a few minutes down the road from Southdale (check my map) that I would recommend over GNG, for sure.

The Brooklyn Center Best Buy has a manager's clearance thing going on; they have an endcap in the games area filled with 50% off games. I only picked up Flatout for the 360 for $10, but they had quite a lot of stuff for basically every system (although don't get your hopes up for Wii games; they only had 2, Ratatouille and something else I didn't care enough about to remember the title of ;). They did have plenty of copies of each game, though)

Most of the 360 games had a bunch of copies each: Lego Star Wars II (a ton of these), Pirates of the Caribbean, GRAW, The Bigs, Stuntman Ignition

Not sure if this has been posted, but the Best Buy in Rogers has (about qty 8) Guitar Hero 2, 360 bundles for $24.95.

Also, a few copies of the Warriors for PSP at $9.99

[quote name='Zman310']The Brooklyn Center Best Buy has a manager's clearance thing going on; they have an endcap in the games area filled with 50% off games. I only picked up Flatout for the 360 for $10, but they had quite a lot of stuff for basically every system (although don't get your hopes up for Wii games; they only had 2, Ratatouille and something else I didn't care enough about to remember the title of ;). They did have plenty of copies of each game, though)

Most of the 360 games had a bunch of copies each: Lego Star Wars II (a ton of these), Pirates of the Caribbean, GRAW, The Bigs, Stuntman Ignition[/quote]

Not sure if I missed this or it changed but I went in yesterday and they just had a rack in the aisle on the way in the store and it said mgr special b1g 2nd half off. Kinda sucked.

[quote name='rmb']Not sure if I missed this or it changed but I went in yesterday and they just had a rack in the aisle on the way in the store and it said mgr special b1g 2nd half off. Kinda sucked.[/QUOTE]

Huh, that's too bad. I don't remember seeing anything like that, so maybe they did change it. Did you check in the games area anyway? The 50% rack was on the end of the Wii aisle, but with that news I'd tend to doubt it's still there now.

[quote name='llamapalooza87']Yeah, but we don't really have a whole lot of options. Though, there is a Play N Trade a few minutes down the road from Southdale (check my map) that I would recommend over GNG, for sure.[/quote]

The Games N Go at the Soutdale location has been changed to Game Central. I agree that their selection is terrible.

The Games N Go at the Rosedale location has tons of retro games and has larger selection.

Games N Go Address:
[SIZE=-1]7605 W Broadway Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55428
(763) 416-3263

Games N Go Rosedale Mall
(651) 636-6099

[/SIZE]

If you're looking for Target clearance games, the downtown one seems to have dragged everything out from the back. Halo 1, Fable TLC, Star Wars Republic Commander, and almost any recent PS3 clearance game except The Orange Box which disappeared overnight.

[quote name='MinnesotaR6'][SIZE=-1]

Games N Go Rosedale Mall
(651) 636-6099

[/SIZE][/quote]

This is the worst game store I have ever been to before. They wanted high prices for old sports games that I could get for $2.00 on Ebay and they wanted aroun $18. I was there awhile ago and pondering how they are still around with Gamestop across the street by the old out of business Comp USA strip.

Target in w. st. paul has a few jean d' arc and parappa the rapper psp for 14.98. Also had 1 pc gh3 bundle left for 40. This guitar works for 360 for those that didn't know. Though it is wired. Also had some ps3 games as well.

the roseville best buy has a bunch of bins in the aisle with games buy 1 get 1 free. They had 360, ps3,ps2,wii,ds,gba,&psp games in them. They also had the 360 halo controllers for 35.

When I went to walmart last night to get my PS3 at the Eagan Walmart, I noticed a stack of Virtua Fighter 5 games in the $20 or less area -- i scanned it and it rung up at 19.98.

Its a pretty decent fighter (though better for the 360..) so I figured I'd mention it in case someone was interested in that title.

Has anyone done tried to get Best Buy to match that Wal-Mart $100 gift card with the purchase of a PS3? I'm somewhat considering this one. Trying to tell myself not to though, spent too much money lately and I have too many games.

[quote name='horrido']Not sure if this has been posted, but the Best Buy in Rogers has (about qty 8) Guitar Hero 2, 360 bundles for $24.95.[/quote]

If anybody still doesn't have a copy of this bundle yet, check the Best Buy in Savage. I was their last evening and they had a table set up by the front door with about 20 of the GHII bundles for the 360 for $23.99

Last night at Eagan Best Buy they had 2 clearance tables set up back by the games. They're selling 3 copies of the GTA4 Coll. Ed. for X360 for 30% off. Also DDR Universe 2 bundle for 30% off. Halo controllers for 50% off. One table was all $5 games, but not much stood out except maybe WarTech.

Anyone going to get in on the WalMart Ps3 MGS deal? I'm thinking about going to one of the 24hr ones and seeing if there is a huge line or not. I was going to call in a few days to check stock. I called three stores since for some reason their hours aren't online. Grrr.

[quote name='LuisRM']Anyone going to get in on the WalMart Ps3 MGS deal? I'm thinking about going to one of the 24hr ones and seeing if there is a huge line or not. I was going to call in a few days to check stock. I called three stores since for some reason their hours aren't online. Grrr.[/quote]

Aren't all Wal-Marts 24 hours? I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's the case. I know both the Apple Valley and Eagan stores are 24 hours.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Aren't all Wal-Marts 24 hours? I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's the case. I know both the Apple Valley and Eagan stores are 24 hours.[/quote]

No, I called Eden Prairie and they're open from 6-11. It seems to vary.

Okay, I called a couple of Wal-Marts. I'm hoping other people may do the same to help out fellow MN CAGS. I'm hoping to get my hands on one, so if we figure this out it may help CAGs get a better chance at getting one. I'm hoping to hit Shakopee first then if that fails, Eden Prairie.

Shakopee - Open 24 hrs (4 in warehouse)
Eden Prairie - Open 6- 11 (2 in warehouse) Guy was hesitant to give me numbers, but he suggested a super center. Wonder if he wanted it for himself.
Bloomington - Open 6 - 12 (lady wasn't on electronics register)

Anyone else care to chip in? I just asked to talk to electronics and gave them the item number or upc number. (see below)

Notes: Thanks to Chex20
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184855&page=14
If you want to try and make it idiot-proof here's a step-by-step:

1) Ask them to sign into their gemini/telezon (new name is Gemini while the old name is Telezon).
2) Tell them to click on item management (might be product management)
3) Tell them to go into perpetual inventory.
4) Have them either type in "71171980110" for the UPC on the first line OR have them type in "543198" for "Item"
5) Have them tell you how many are "On Hand" "In Transit" "In Warehouse" "On Order"

Here's what each one means too:

On Hand: what they have in stock at the moment.

In Transit: what they are getting either today/tonight or the next day. Usually they will have it within the next day if it says "In Transit"

In Warehouse: means what they have ordered and are going to be receiving (ie. if the "On Order" number is "3" and the "In Warehouse" number is "2" then what that means is they want 3 but only going to be receiving 2).

On Order: what they are trying to order

So right now, as it stands, my Walmart is *trying* to get 2 but there's currently none in the warehouse. Hopefully it will change in time for the 12th.

[quote name='LuisRM']Eden Prairie - Open 6- 11 (2 in warehouse) Guy was hesitant to give me numbers, but he suggested a super center. Wonder if he wanted it for himself.[/QUOTE]

Or it could be that his manager doesn't want the number of how many they are getting to be let out.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Or it could be that his manager doesn't want the number of how many they are getting to be let out.[/quote]

I think I heard him talking to his manager being hesitant to give out the numbers. In any case, it's slim pickins out there.

On a side note, Orton ain't gonna be RKO'ing anyone for quite some time. ;)

[quote name='LuisRM']I think I heard him talking to his manager being hesitant to give out the numbers. In any case, it's slim pickins out there.[/quote]

So besides this one being an 80 gig system and coming with MSG4.... what's so special about this PS3?

On a side note, Orton ain't gonna be RKO'ing anyone for quite some time. ;)

:lol:

Forgot to switch out my avatar here on CAG with my new Becks/Donovan one.

[quote name='Demolition Man']So besides this one being an 80 gig system and coming with MSG4.... what's so special about this PS3?

:lol:

Forgot to switch out my avatar here on CAG with my new Becks/Donovan one.[/quote]

I was going to go for the 40gb with GC at WalMart, but the 80gb has so much more to offer. And I can wait if I don't get it.

80gb has: dual shock controller vs. sixaxis
emulation for BC vs. none
MGS game vs. none
2 extra slots (I forget if it's memory card readers or what.)

I'd like to have the BC since I sold my PS2 a while ago, just in case.

bread's done
Back