Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='toastapley']it was one of the brooklyn center/brooklyn park stores! they said they had it traded in at multiple stores![/quote]

That's not a good sign. Even if some people have found a store that is willing to sell before the street date, the fact that there are enough used copies floating around to be noticed can only mean one thing: the game sucks, HARD. I would bet those are not the store gutted copies because a game cannot be sold before its street date, let alone being gutted, played, and then turned around to be sold as used before the street date.

[quote name='Davestation']Any CAG's in the Elk River area? I hear that Target is closing that store soon, and if its like any of the other store closings, everything gets clearanced out. If any CAG's are in the area, check it out. I do not want to drive there unless they are clearancing stuff out.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the Elk River area - and yes, Target is closing down at the end of September. I have seen a few clearanced games,(not much to speak of) but come late September, you bet I'm going to keep an eye out. Kinda sad to see this Target go, its been the store I purchased my Wii, Gamecube and N64 on launch day :(

I can keep this updated with what I see.

Bummer to hear about the Elk River Target closing. Now I'll have to travel an additional 10 miles or so (Rogers, Champlin, or Coon Rapids) to shop target. Sometimes it's just nice to stop at a Target, instead of a Wal-mart.

Just picked up Madden 09 Anniversary Edition from Target off 101 and highway 7 in Minnetonka for 44.98.. They had 4 copies left.. Just a heads up if anybody was interested.

are there any CAG in the duluth/superior area? i feel like i'm the only CAG in the area and i'd kinda like to know if i got any competition when it comes to clearance section at the local targets/shopkos/kmarts/etc :) also, i have no friends on my friends list. im a loser.

[quote name='sunnysky']Bummer to hear about the Elk River Target closing. Now I'll have to travel an additional 10 miles or so (Rogers, Champlin, or Coon Rapids) to shop target. Sometimes it's just nice to stop at a Target, instead of a Wal-mart.[/QUOTE]

Its closing because they're about to open a new one in Otsego. Its less than 5 miles from where the Elk River store currently is, right off of 101 on the way to the Rogers Super Target.

[quote name='One4Deuce']I've relocated to the Mankato area until the end of December, anyone else down here?[/quote]

I'm not there now, but I graduated from Mankato State in 1997. :)

I'm up in the Cities now.

[quote name='Soupuu']The Target in Eagan and Burnsville both have one copy of Scene It? left for about 32 bucks after tax.[/QUOTE]
The Soupuu???

[quote name='One4Deuce']The Soupuu???[/quote]

I googled my handle and there seems to be 4 other Soupuu's on the internets.

So I dunno if I'm "The" Soupuu you're thinking of :D

[quote name='Soupuu']I googled my handle and there seems to be 4 other Soupuu's on the internets.

So I dunno if I'm "The" Soupuu you're thinking of :D[/QUOTE]
Well how about the Soupuu that once had the great Mr. Wahlstrom as a teacher in high school?

[quote name='One4Deuce']Well how about the Soupuu that once had the great Mr. Wahlstrom as a teacher in high school?[/quote]

I see you're part of the Super 6 too.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']One $22.48 360 GTA IV SE left at Rogers Target as of about 9:30 pm.[/QUOTE]

Wow..... too bad from what I could tell none of the Target stores that I frequent had any around.

A little bit old news.. but both the Eagan and Apple Valley Targets had the Xbox 360 version of DBZ Burst Limit for $15.

I was at Eagan two or three days ago.. they had several copies. I was at Apple Valley last night, they had two.

Anyone have any luck with the TRU B2G1 sale this week? I'd like to grab Dead Space, Silent Hill and maybe Bad Company on the 360 if possible, but neither of the metro TRU's have Dead Space yet.

When I called ToysRUs they said they were not going to get Dead Space since it is M Rated. I then went over to the Richfield Bestbuy and they did a price match of the buy 3 for the price of 2. I got Dead Space (PS3), Saints Row 2 (360) and Silent Hill(360). Just ask back in gaming before you go to the front and make sure the manager on duty will do it for you.

grabbed buzz quiz, saints 2, and, tiger 09. I got gift reciepts and hope to exchange for CoD WaW, or get credit to use on GH WT, or RB2 bundles.

[quote name='Borenson']When I called ToysRUs they said they were not going to get Dead Space since it is M Rated.[/QUOTE]

Wha...... I swear I saw a LOT of M rated games at the Blaine TRU on Sunday. I'm calling BS on that one.

Yeah, I thought it was BS too but that is what the kid I talked to say. He said some M rated games they get but some that are "more M", as he put it, they don't get. Dead Space is definately worth getting though, played some last night. I loved it!

Has anyone ever needed the games to do the price gurantee at TRU?

The dude at the register insisted I needed the copy of Castlevania X to get the $10 price...

anyone use gamefly? i just joined and am wondering what your ship times are usually...dead space is shipping today and i'm wondering when to expect it in minneapolis

[quote name='Borenson']Yeah, I thought it was BS too but that is what the kid I talked to say. He said some M rated games they get but some that are "more M", as he put it, they don't get. Dead Space is definately worth getting though, played some last night. I loved it![/quote]

Check the TRU website. Deadspace is on it. It stated a ship date of the 20th when I added it to the cart.

I just went to Best Buy for a price match on the B2G1. I picked up Saints Row 2, Dead Space, and Lego Batman (would have gotten Little Big Planet.. but i guess that is out next week). I had NO issues getting BBY to price match this deal. They knew about it when I went up to the register, and were very nice about it.

On a related note, The Eagan Best Buy is hands down the Best BBY I've ever been to.

When I had my free trail of Gamefly they seemed to arrive about 2-3 business days after they said it shipped. Shipping from CA to Minneapolis seems to be really quick. Just for reference I live about 25 miles or so outside Minneapolis.

[quote name='BattleChicken']

On a related note, The Eagan Best Buy is hands down the Best BBY I've ever been to.[/quote]

sorta...

They wouldn't let me use the $100 HSI coupon on the laptop I bought there over a month ago, after teasing me that they would...

If only I didn't use cash for the purchase...

:whistle2:(

[quote name='BattleChicken']On a related note, The Eagan Best Buy is hands down the Best BBY I've ever been to.[/quote]

Disagree, gotta go with Apple Valley, they frequently have a great clearance section for videogames and I've never had any issues there.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the area who has broke the street-date with the original Little Big Planet? Allegedly some Best Buys have been selling it, but none around here that I know of.

i have the following unopened for sale / trade and live in Savage and work in Edina.
Dragon Ball Z : BurstLimit :ps3:
Eye of Judgment w/ Camera :ps3:
Scene It :360:
Dragon Ball Z : BurstLimit:360:
GTA IV CE:360:

PM me if you any one is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
For all you twin cities CAGs, theres a great art show called Level 13 going on at the Altered Esthetics gallery in NE MPLS. All very cool video game inspired art. There's even an Atari 2600 set up with games for anyone to screw around with. I highly recommend anyone in the area check it out.

[quote name='switters']For all you twin cities CAGs, theres a great art show called Level 13 going on at the Altered Esthetics gallery in NE MPLS. All very cool video game inspired art. There's even an Atari 2600 set up with games for anyone to screw around with. I highly recommend anyone in the area check it out.[/quote]

sounds cool. it's only 2.5 miles from my work. wierd hours, but I may try and make it out there during the week.

This isn't really a deal, but wanted to let everyone know...(is there a better place for this?)

Turns out Best Buy in Minnetonka is now doing a midnight release for WOW Wrath of Lich King. They said originally they weren't scheduled to do it, but now they are!! They told me they didn't do any preorders for the collector's edition, so they will have quite a few of them. Time to use my RZ certificates!

I found Pure for the 360 in the Target clearance endcap. It was still $40, but it still seems to be retailing for $55-60 at most places. I got my copy at the Richfield Target and they had a few more. Rachet and Clank PS3 was going for the same price, but that seems like less of a bargain.

[quote name='seraxell']I found Pure for the 360 in the Target clearance endcap. It was still $40, but it still seems to be retailing for $55-60 at most places. I got my copy at the Richfield Target and they had a few more. Rachet and Clank PS3 was going for the same price, but that seems like less of a bargain.[/quote]
got pure for $30

Battlefield Bad Company for 360 was in a clearance end-cap, pretty well hidden as I didn't even see it without the help of the employee, for $35 at the Target in Apple Valley.

When at Target, look for GRID for the XBOX 360. It's currently out of their system, so it scans at $0.00. Of course they won't give it to you at that price, but I said I found it on an endcap with a sign that said $7.99. So she rang it up w/ a dummy sku and sold it to me. Game normally sells for $50. To confirm go to one of those self-price-check scanners in the isle. It will show nothing for the price.

Good luck!

Grid isn't even worth that price...

If anyone is willing to help a pal out, I'd like to get Civ:Rev and Pure for the 360 when they drop to $20 or less. If you see either one, I'll pay you back and buy you a beer for a finder's fee, assuming you're of age of course. Live in Hopkins and work in Plymouth.

I'm still trying to find a 360 120 gig HD anywhere. I haven't been able to find one at CC or Target. If anyone sees one in the wild, please PM me about it.

I'm getting low on space. Too much rock band content.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I'm still trying to find a 360 120 gig HD anywhere. I haven't been able to find one at CC or Target. If anyone sees one in the wild, please PM me about it.

I'm getting low on space. Too much rock band content.[/QUOTE]
I'm looking for the same. :(

bread's done
Back