Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='Borenson']I don't remember too much. It was mostly stuff that ends up in their bargain bins. I remember seeing Folklore and Genji both for $60 and Def Jam Icon for $30. There are quite a few games though. I might go back and look for stuff for my PSP and DS. I didn't look close because I had just gone in to get Ninja Gaiden 2 for $10 is all. I think I got the last copy of that too.[/quote]

I picked up NG2 from the Inver Grove BB yesterday, and they still have about half a dozen early yesterday morning in case anyone was looking.

Anyone in the Rosemount area? There's a new Play-N-Trade either opened, or opening very soon according to their website. I've never shopped at a Play-N-Trade but heard good things about the Bloomington store. Will have to check this place out when I get a chance.

[quote name='not2worried']With Circuit City closing... please post any good finds please ![/quote]
check back in a month and maybe someone will have a deal to post.

Edina Circuit City has 10% off all merchandise, 20% off all DVDs and CDS, and 30% off Car Audio merchandise/accessories.

Was pretty busy this morning (1-17-09), though nothing I saw worth picking up with only 10% off.

I went to the Edina location. Their Guitar Hero games were the only deal that I saw (Still not worth waiting in the checkout lines for). I think that guitar hero 3 and Guitar hero Areosmith were $40 with a controller. They also had the Guitar Hero 3 wireless controller for like $20. Nothing else worth mentioning.

Is anyone else going to the Distant Worlds (Nobuo Uematsu)concert at the Orpheum in April? I had no idea this tour was coming to Minneapolis until my brother called me today.

[quote name='defiance_17']Is anyone else going to the Distant Worlds (Nobuo Uematsu)concert at the Orpheum in April? I had no idea this tour was coming to Minneapolis until my brother called me today.[/quote]

I'm not a huge FF guy, but my buddy likes it. I'll pass it on to him. I got burned by the Video Game Live show and was pretty mad about that.

[quote name='LuisRM']I'm not a huge FF guy, but my buddy likes it. I'll pass it on to him. I got burned by the Video Game Live show and was pretty mad about that.[/quote]
There should be plenty of tickets left. We got second row balcony seats, and they still had the meet-and-greet tickets available.

Circuit City in Burnsville had one 1600 Microsoft Point card for $13.99, $14.93 with tax... I bought it. There were multiple 800 point cards at $9.99 and I assume the 30% off applies to them too, going back tomorrow probably to find out.

Let us know because when I went to the Edina Circuit City they said the point cards were the same as money so they weren't offering discounts on them.

[quote name='Borenson']Let us know because when I went to the Edina Circuit City they said the point cards were the same as money so they weren't offering discounts on them.[/quote]

Went to CC in Maplewood the girl said the same thing but a manager was standing there and told her it was 30%... And it rang up 30% off...
He said it just changed over. They only had one card left at 12:00 today...

Also I have been seeing Wii's all over the place....

Rosedale CC had no points for any system.

There were still $30 3 month and $8 1 month LIVE cards

There was also a 60GB HDD for the 360

None in Roseville.

NG2 wasn't clearanced, but was on sale for $10 @ BB a few weeks ago.

And you should've bought Condemned 2 during Blockbuster's B1G1 sale a while back

Ridgedale Mall Best Buy (across 394 from the big ass ford dealership) has a whole bunch of games at 50% off right when you walk in and is off to the left. Actually a lot of best buys have that, some may be located in the games section though.

Last wednesday I got The Darkness and Clive Barker's Jericho at the Maple Grove BB for $16 total (I had a $10 RZ discount so that's why it was cheap.)

I know for a fact the have like 50 The Simpsons game (comes I think to $9.99 after said discount). Check out your local BB for some deals.

[quote name='MAGfuz']Ridgedale Mall Best Buy (across 394 from the big ass ford dealership) has a whole bunch of games at 50% off right when you walk in and is off to the left. Actually a lot of best buys have that, some may be located in the games section though.

Last wednesday I got The Darkness and Clive Barker's Jericho at the Maple Grove BB for $16 total (I had a $10 RZ discount so that's why it was cheap.)

I know for a fact the have like 50 The Simpsons game (comes I think to $9.99 after said discount). Check out your local BB for some deals.[/QUOTE]
Can you think of any of the games that were at Ridgedale? My girlfriend lives near there so maybe I'll check it out next time I go see her.

Simpsons, Jericho and a few others for 360.

GRAW 1 (I think), CoD 3, ummm.........that's really all I remember and I was just there yesterday, lol. No Uncharted though, sorry manthing

There's a clearance display in the aisle in front of the game section at the Roseville BB as well.

Simpsons :360: was $5, Jericho :ps3:/:360: $10, and a bunch of other games

Yeah it will vary by each BB, but there are some good deals.

I find it funny that everytime Uncharted is in a deal or 50% in this case, you see it once, and then return later and it has vanished. That game should be like a collectors item the way it sells. It also needs to be a GHits already, along with HS.

Apple Valley Best Buy had like 5 Wii Fits when I walked in 2 when I left. No really special deals on games. I passed on a 120GB open box 360 hard drive for $134.99... not really much of a deal as you can get it brand new on Amazon for that price.

Went back to the BB in Minnetonka (to pick up Afro Samurai, and pre-order FEAR 2) and they had a bunch of new (old, but new to the stand) games on the 50% off rack.

manthing, I saw one Uncharted on the stand and that was at about 4:15pm yesterday. I was going to write all the games down, but I had some more errands to run.

Like I said, there was a lot of games on the rack they had.

Thanks MAG.

I'd go after work, but I don't like going to or coming back from Minnetonka via 394.

----------

TRU in Maplewood had 2 copies of Unreal Tourney 3 as of 6 PM last night.

All of the TRU $10 clearance games are in a bin in the middle of the R Zone

Yeah I hear ya. I take 394 to 169 N to get home when I hit up BB in Minnetonka and it's a bitch. No-one knows how to drive, even if their life counted on it.

[quote name='MAGfuz'] No-one knows how to drive, even if their life counted on it.[/quote]

:rofl:

It's so true.

Last night I was out when it was snowing, and the roads were slick so I was driving 10 miles below the posted limit on I-94 in the far right lane.

Some driver comes flying up behind me and sits on my tail for some time.

:roll:

My biggest thing are the people that expect YOU to slow down so they can merge onto the HWY!!! Last time I checked, IF YOU ARE MERGING, YOU NEED TO MERGE INTO TRAFFIC! Not the other way around!

was at Brooklyn Center BB and they had nothing in those bargain bins except for DS, PSP, and PS2 games. Minnetonka or Maple Grove would be your best bet to find some 50% 360 and ps3 games.

it's been a while since i've been on so sorry if this is a double post, but the roseville gamestop has video game hats and beenies on clearance for $4.99. a few belt buckles too.

Fye burnsville center, had buy 3 used get the 4th free. i checked but not many used games that interested me. Resistance FOM, motor storm, burn out paradise. cant remember the prices but i think they were selling for $22 or so.

[quote name='toastapley']it's been a while since i've been on so sorry if this is a double post, but the roseville gamestop has video game hats and beenies on clearance for $4.99. a few belt buckles too.[/quote]

I also saw some of the hats/shirts GH at the Brooklyn Center BB for 50% off.

Not the greatest thing, but it's 50% GH merchandise.

[quote name='MAGfuz']My biggest thing are the people that expect YOU to slow down so they can merge onto the HWY!!! Last time I checked, IF YOU ARE MERGING, YOU NEED TO MERGE INTO TRAFFIC! Not the other way around![/QUOTE]

Don't get me started. People can't merge properly in this state to save their lives. They don't understand that the point of the enterance ramp is so that you can be at freeway speeds and blend into traffic. Not take it at 30 the whole way and they try to speed up when actually on the freeway. Or worse yet, the people who brake on the freeway before exit ramps. F'n morons, all of them.

[quote name='Nogib']Don't get me started. People can't merge properly in this state to save their lives. They don't understand that the point of the enterance ramp is so that you can be at freeway speeds and blend into traffic. Not take it at 30 the whole way and they try to speed up when actually on the freeway. Or worse yet, the people who brake on the freeway before exit ramps. F'n morons, all of them.[/quote]

:rofl:

I can't stand driving here anymore. Ever since living in NYC it just seems like people here drive as though they've got nowhere to be and then get pissed if you drive like you do.

Or how about the people that mysteriously brake, on the freeway, when it's a straight-a-way and no-one is in front of them? Cell phones seem to make people drive 15mph below the speed limit.

I could go on and on about this as well. Afro Samurai Ressurection is out today, if you didn't know. I believe 19.99 for dvd 24.99 for BD (sure it's not a game deal, but thought I'd throw it out as the game came out last week; I bought, haven't played yet!)

Last Remnant for 360 is now on Target clearance shelves. The one in SLP off of 169/7 had a boatload of Fracture, a few Nascar 09 and maybe one Too Human left. More GH:Aerosmith than you can shake a stick at as well.

Wii Fits in stock at the Richfield/Edina/Bloomington (I never know what city that officially is considered) off of 494s... 20% off so they're $72 not including tax. Also had lots of 360s and PS3s... should I pick up a PS3???

Last thursday was at Brooklyn Center BB and they had Wii's and Wii fits' in stock on the shelf and in a glass case up by the checkouts. I know it's a little late, but they did have them incase someone still wants one.

My sis and my parents would like one, but I don't have the money for them to buy both. Maybe one for sis' b-day and parents for xmas.

[quote name='not2worried']It would be nice to find a Wii at CC ... Wonder what the chances are ...?

[/quote]

They had them 2 weeks(?) ago at the Roseville CC, when they were 10% off

Wii's in stock at Target Forest lake... Not really a deal since they are getting easier to find... Also 360 games on the clearance rack. Tomb Raider, Facebreaker, Fracture, Mercenaries,GH:Aerosmith, Too Human ... but the prices were too high, maybe in a week. Maybe 25% off retail currently...Looks like the same thing Nasum found.

Cicruit City in Burnsville had lots of 360 Wireless Networking Adapters... 30% off, I didn't check the price but I assume its 30% off the $99.99.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Wii Fits in stock at the Richfield/Edina/Bloomington (I never know what city that officially is considered) off of 494s... 20% off so they're $72 not including tax. Also had lots of 360s and PS3s... should I pick up a PS3???[/quote]
I've haven't seen the # of PS3s drop at that store (I don't know what city either, I usually just say Edina cause I'm used to going to Southdale every once in awhile :lol:), but I don't know if that'll be the case when/if consoles go to 30% off. Good thing That CC and the one near me (Minnetonka) have a bunch of PSPs that I think will last until 40-50% off. I'm looking to grab one then.

said fuck it and picked up a 60gb 360 @cc today. Roseville had a buttload of psp's left also. Waiting for the $100 point on them. @-3 ds lites for $103. Didn't need 1 but was shocked to see those left.

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']Anyone seen any Madden PSP bundles around the Twin Cities area?[/quote]
None in the west metro from what I've seen.

bread's done
Back