Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

Picked up Eye of Judgement Bundle (PS3) at the Edina BB for $17.50 this evening. I left two. Can't miss the 75% off display if you're going to the gaming section. Everything with a yellow sticker is 75% off.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Picked up Eye of Judgement Bundle (PS3) at the Edina BB for $17.50 this evening. I left two. Can't miss the 75% off display if you're going to the gaming section. Everything with a yellow sticker is 75% off.[/QUOTE]
Do you recall what else was tagged with the yellow sticker/75% off??? I've never been to that Best Buy but might be willing to make the trip if there's something that sounds worthwhile.

I don't recall specifically, but I bought some Ispy PC games for the kids which probably could have been found at half price books (none left). I got a Halo 3 guide for $2.50 (only because I can return one I already bought). If you have been to any BB's lately, there was the typical clearance stuff only %75 of mostly original sticker so nothing I have not seen at other BB's on clearance. The EoJ was on the shelf for $70 a week ago so that was a drastic drop.

[quote name='LegioXIX']I see that next week BB is going to have 4000 MS points cards for $44.99. Does anyone know if we get charged tax for points?[/quote]

Yes we do.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Anyone know if any of the local Best Buys are selling the Sonic Genesis Collection today or do I really have to wait until tomorrow? :([/quote]

I saw it at the Shakopee walmart... I am not sure why Best Buy wouldn't have it.

[quote name='M_Carp']I saw it at the Shakopee walmart... I am not sure why Best Buy wouldn't have it.[/QUOTE]
I stopped in and the had it :). Only asked because officially, according to their website its not supposed to be out until tomorrow.

Picked up 3 point cards at roseville today along with a gears 2 LE for $42. Also network adapter for $60. Had a couple dualshock 3 left decent amount of point cards as well. All 40% off now.

Last edited by a moderator:
^
What store, and you got gears 3 already! NICE LOL! Finally, the minnetonka BB had FEAR 2 yesterday, so I picked up my FEAR 2, haven't played though, way too many games back logged I need to play 1st. Thinking about Onechanbara BSS as well, only $40 and the only BB that doesn't have it as of right now is minnetonka.

So the Circuit City's are now discounting the point cards? They weren't at first. If so I will have to see if Burnsville CC has any points cards this weekend.

One of the employees at the Northtown (Blaine) Circuit CIty told me that a lot of merchandise is being redistributed to Southdale (Edina) and Roseville stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Borenson']So the Circuit City's are now discounting the point cards? They weren't at first. If so I will have to see if Burnsville CC has any points cards this weekend.[/quote]
They've been discounted since day one :lol:
They are under the "Game Accessories" banner.

I also bought 4 point cards at the Roseville CC. They had 30+ when I left around 3:30pm.

That is so strange. When I went to the Edina CC the first time they said the points cards were not on sale since they were "gift cards" techinically and were just like money. I will have to go get some today then.

Just got back from Edina CC. They had no points cards but games are 40% off. They had Animal Crossing City Folk, Fable 2, Mirror's Edge, Resistance 2, Gears of War 2 and Prince of Persia all still.

Might have to head up there to get Mirror's Edge.

Burnsville CC had lots and lots of XBL subscription and point cards behind the check-out counter. Few notable games, Animal Crossing City Folk, Wii Music, nothing else really that special. Lots of 360 HDMI cables, 360 Wi-Fi attachments, controllers, plug n play kits.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Might have to head up there to get Mirror's Edge.

Burnsville CC had lots and lots of XBL subscription and point cards behind the check-out counter. Few notable games, Animal Crossing City Folk, Wii Music, nothing else really that special. Lots of 360 HDMI cables, 360 Wi-Fi attachments, controllers, plug n play kits.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up about the live points. My wife went to that store earlier in the day, and didn't see any. After your post, I decided to go, and sure enough, there were tons. I picked up 10.

I'll use them eventually.. we get a lot of rock band content.

[quote name='Borenson']That is so strange. When I went to the Edina CC the first time they said the points cards were not on sale since they were "gift cards" techinically and were just like money. I will have to go get some today then.[/quote]
Ah, those were the ones that DID NOT have the plastic packaging around them. Any type of point card or gift card (i.e. iTunes) that didn't have packaging needed to be activated at a register upon purchase. After the liquidation started, apparently that functionality was taken out of the POS systems :cry:

So, they took all those types of cards down. The only ones any CC should be getting in stock and putting out will be the ones in the clamshell plastic packaging, as they are already pre-activated.

I did stop by the Edina store today (well technically yesterday after work as it is passed midnight :lol:), and it looked like their bin where they hold the point cards had been refilled (it was almost empty last weekend, with only a few point cards and a bunch of 3 and 12+1 month Live cards). I'd ask them if you can rummage through it if you go this weekend. Other than that, I would think that 30 cards would last at least 2-3 days. So, you could also check the Roseville store this weekend too. Good luck! :)

[quote name='rmb']Anyone checked out any blockbuster stores?[/quote]
Yeah, I checked 5 in Minneapolis, and 3 in St. Paul, and the only one that had anything was the one by Lake and Hiawatha, but all they had was DMC 4, Viking, Bioshock, Army of 2, and some other crappy games.

Went to the Burnsville CC this morning and that place was hammered compared to last week. Not much for PS3 games and about a three foot section of 360 games and a bunch of points cards behind the front counter. As for Wii and DS, there was nothing left but shovelware.

However I did find a copy of Saints Row CE for PS3 so I grabbed that.

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']Yeah, I checked 5 in Minneapolis, and 3 in St. Paul, and the only one that had anything was the one by Lake and Hiawatha, but all they had was DMC 4, Viking, Bioshock, Army of 2, and some other crappy games.[/quote]
I've been to the Apple Valley, West St Paul, Larpenter ave, and columbia hts stores. Only 1 that even had the games was wsp. But their were like 8 left all crappy ps2 games. Good Luck finding this one. Hoping they show up next week. Will post if I see any. Thanks

[quote name='rmb']Anyone checked out any blockbuster stores?[/quote]

Been to 3 in St Paul(Midway, Grand, Highland), the 2 on Lake St, Richfield, Eden Prairie, Savage, both Burnsvilles, Apple Valley, and Eagan over the past 3 days.

The only BB with the 'good stuff'(Wii/decent 360 games) was Savage.

All the rest had either garbage 360 stuff, a shipment of Xbox1 games, or nothing.

[quote name='Traitorious']Ah, those were the ones that DID NOT have the plastic packaging around them. Any type of point card or gift card (i.e. iTunes) that didn't have packaging needed to be activated at a register upon purchase. After the liquidation started, apparently that functionality was taken out of the POS systems :cry:

So, they took all those types of cards down. The only ones any CC should be getting in stock and putting out will be the ones in the clamshell plastic packaging, as they are already pre-activated.

I did stop by the Edina store today (well technically yesterday after work as it is passed midnight :lol:), and it looked like their bin where they hold the point cards had been refilled (it was almost empty last weekend, with only a few point cards and a bunch of 3 and 12+1 month Live cards). I'd ask them if you can rummage through it if you go this weekend. Other than that, I would think that 30 cards would last at least 2-3 days. So, you could also check the Roseville store this weekend too. Good luck! :)[/quote]

Those weren't points cards in that bin, it was 1 month LIVE cards

:whistle2:|

Roseville had no points cards last night.

[quote name='no_exit']Went to the Burnsville CC this morning and that place was hammered compared to last week. Not much for PS3 games and about a three foot section of 360 games and a bunch of points cards behind the front counter. As for Wii and DS, there was nothing left but shovelware.

However I did find a copy of Saints Row CE for PS3 so I grabbed that.[/quote]

Dammit, I was at Burnsville Center today, but exited the mall on Buck Hill Rd, and didn't feel like turning around

:bomb:

[quote name='manthing']
Those weren't points cards in that bin, it was 1 month LIVE cards

:whistle2:|
[/quote]
lol, they should keep separate bins for subscription cards and point cards :lol:. Had I not bought a bunch of point cards when game stuff went 40% off I would've asked when I was in there and could've saved you a trip.

I will have to check out the Burnsville store though. Never can hoard enough MS points ;)

[quote name='pROvIs']Anyone check the circuit city in maple grove or minnetonka for point cards at all? trying to figure if it's worth a trip[/quote]
Minnetonka had none on Friday. I haven't checked the Maple Grove CC in over a week, but its pretty sad in there (oh, no point cards either).

Maple Grove is pretty bare. They had a bunch of 360s in the lockup bin and some PSPs. No PS3s, points cards or much good stuff left.

So if I read right, Edina CC is pretty cleaned out. Just a few games right? I would pick up a cheap network adapter, but don't really need it right now.

[quote name='Traitorious']Went to the Burnsville CC today, tons of MS point cards left (20-30+) if anyone is still looking for some.[/quote]

They're weren't any at Burnsville as of 2 PM today.

Thanks for the heads Davestation up about woodbury, had my sister go pick up 5 points cards for me, I think she cleaned them out! Its really weird to read from other cags in the area, but appreciated, Woodbury apparently had tons of 360 controllers left. I will be waiting for th 50% drop to pick one up. Does anyone know when any of the stores in the cities are closing?

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']Anyone seen any Madden PSP bundles around the Twin Cities area?[/quote]

Yeah. The blue ones? Saw a few at MicroCenter in SLP.

[quote name='manthing']They're weren't any at Burnsville as of 2 PM today.[/quote]
Probably at roseville. Seen any good 360 games at any sears lately? Looking for eternal sonata and a ddr bundle, either 1.

[quote name='rmb']Probably at roseville. Seen any good 360 games at any sears lately? Looking for eternal sonata and a ddr bundle, either 1.[/quote]

I've yet to see any points cards in the past week.

I've been to:

Roseville Friday 2/13

Edina Saturday 2/14

Burnsville 2/17

I would've run over to Woodbury last night if it didn't snow.

:bomb:

I picked up an Eternal Sonata on 2/6 in Burnsville, and saw another at St Paul on 2/9, but it's probably gone now.

Haven't seen cheap DDR

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']Yeah, the blue ones. Thanks, I'll have to check that out.[/quote]

I saw about 3-4 at the Richfield Best Buy (494 and Lyndale) if you don't see them or it works out better for you location wise...

[quote name='rmb']Probably at roseville. Seen any good 360 games at any sears lately? Looking for eternal sonata and a ddr bundle, either 1.[/quote]

I've been to the Brookdale, Ridgedale and MoA Sears and I saw none of the 360 games listed in recent posts with the exception of Splinter Cell Double Agent and Timeshift for $4.97 at MoA today. There were a few left of each title.

Thanks for the info manthing and Papa. Forget about roseville cc for point cards. I went today at 3pm and they are out. I'm quite certain they have now sold all that they have. The clerk at the store the other day said that their wharehouse is now empty so unless you find a random card I doubt it is worth looking now. Now the question is will controllers last beyond 50% which will most likely start tomorrow.

[quote name='manthing']WSP Super Target is a :ps3: Goldmine.

All of these were plentiful @ $15:

Singstar V.1 Bundle
Endwar
Tiger Woods 09[/quote]

Indeed. I was there yesterday and the PS3 titles dropped fast. That target is usually slow to drop compared to others in the area. I picked up the last Far Cry 2 (PS3) for $15 and a Singstar. Come on 360 drops!

Edina BB 75% off Update......

Added items include:

A box (20?) of Guitar Hero On Tour Decades :ds: for $12.50
Rock Band Stage Kit :360: for $20 (2 left)
Bourne Conspiracy :360: see Jericho
Jericho :360: don't remember price, but 75% off MSRP
Some Sonic Guide is $5 (need to start using my voice recorder on cell phone)

If anyone goes to Circuit City tomorrow can you please tell me if the DVDs get dropped to 50% off... there were a few at the Burnsville location tonight that I passed on that I'd bite on at 50% off.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Edina BB 75% off Update......

Rock Band Stage Kit :360: for $20 (2 left)

[/quote]

Oh $20 Id pick that up.....!
Wish some place closer to the my area had that price... Maplewood BB don't do much markdowns that I've seen

[quote name='One4Deuce']If anyone goes to Circuit City tomorrow can you please tell me if the DVDs get dropped to 50% off... there were a few at the Burnsville location tonight that I passed on that I'd bite on at 50% off.[/quote]

The dvd's will be 50% and I am sure there will be a few more people waiting for the store to open today. I'd say today is the last chance at anything left worth buying. Same disscount for games. I believe consoles will be 30%. If you ain't got a 360 and plan to get one anytime soon I'd get there at open and pick one up today. Should be $140 for arcade and $210 for 60gig bundle.

bread's done
Back