Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Edina BB 75% off Update......

Added items include:

A box (20?) of Guitar Hero On Tour Decades :ds: for $12.50
Rock Band Stage Kit :360: for $20 (2 left)
Bourne Conspiracy :360: see Jericho
Jericho :360: don't remember price, but 75% off MSRP
Some Sonic Guide is $5 (need to start using my voice recorder on cell phone)[/quote]

any chance anyone could pick up on of the rock band stage kits for me? id be willing to pay 5 -10 dollars over the price plus shipping, i just cant get out there this weekend have to take my brother to a basketball tournament in racine,wi. thanks

[quote name='manthing']Every CC I've been to has tons of wireless controllers.

Richfield Super Target had a full endcap of :360: Rock Band 1 SE for $70[/quote]

Thanks for posting this! They still have like 3 of the Rock Band SEs left.

was at Blaine and Minnetonka CC. Very little left, but it's all like 50% off. They had a ton of 360's at the Blaine CC yesterday. Otherwise, not much left.

[quote name='MAGfuz']was at Blaine and Minnetonka CC. Very little left, but it's all like 50% off. They had a ton of 360's at the Blaine CC yesterday. Otherwise, not much left.[/QUOTE]

30%-60% depending on product. The only things that aren't at that are computers and Ipods which are at 10%.

Saw two at Shopko last week, the register blocked the sale because it came up as street date material and would not let the cashier ring it up. Target has a simular system as well. I am not sure if Wal-Mart or K-Mart have a way to block the sale at the POS.

If anyone sees some deals on Street Fighter 4 (360) or Start Ocean (360), please let me know.

I played SF4 this weekend.. and it's amazing. I don't often pay full price for any games, but SF4 has me very, very tempted. I'll fight the urge to buy it tonight and see if someone has seen any deals for it.

I wouldn't hold my breath for deals at B&M stores on ultra new releases (going to pick up Phantasy Star Ocean 4 myself after work). You're probably going to have to go online to find a few dollars off with long ship times.

[quote name='Traitorious']I wouldn't hold my breath for deals at B&M stores on ultra new releases (going to pick up Phantasy Star Ocean 4 myself after work). You're probably going to have to go online to find a few dollars off with long ship times.[/quote]

I've had surprisingly good luck getting 20% or more off the day a game comes out.. then again, a lot of that was tied to 'free X with purchase of Y' or gift cards from CC (which isn't possible anymore). I will most likely just hold out for a B2G1 somewhere.. My backlog of games is huge.

Not as good a deal as target but best buy maplewood has rock band se clearanced for about $84. As reported in the main deals thread ghwt bundles at cc are $94. I don't need 1 so haven't checked prices but it seems that there are a couple decent tv's at cc as well. They had 2 different panasonic viera plasma's 50" for 1100 and $1300 ish.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I've had surprisingly good luck getting 20% or more off the day a game comes out.. then again, a lot of that was tied to 'free X with purchase of Y' or gift cards from CC (which isn't possible anymore). I will most likely just hold out for a B2G1 somewhere.. My backlog of games is huge.[/quote]
Ahh, the games I usually want from B&M stores rarely come out with some kind of offer such as the get X with purchase of Y :lol:. Though I am in the same boat after this CC liquidation. Huge backlog of games to get through :bouncy:

Anybody know if it's worth getting a HDTV at Circuit City? I haven't been since the liquidation started and wanted to get an idea. I'm thinking Edina CC.

[quote name='LuisRM']Anybody know if it's worth getting a HDTV at Circuit City? I haven't been since the liquidation started and wanted to get an idea. I'm thinking Edina CC.[/quote]

Watched a FOX-9 news report over the weekend about a lady that bought an HDTV and brought it home and the screen was cracked. With the no return policy, she was S.O.L. When FOX-9 when to the store to talk to the manager, the manager responded "Get your lawyer and sue us". Haha..

Hey -- anyone interested in the PSP 2000.. Maple Grove CC had 7+ this afternoon in stock for $101. Also.. had a ton of 8GB Mem Sticks... $20-$30.

s701

[quote name='LuisRM']Anybody know if it's worth getting a HDTV at Circuit City? I haven't been since the liquidation started and wanted to get an idea. I'm thinking Edina CC.[/quote]
Possibly, but I would only buy if I could open ad inspect it there. Including powering it up. Also at this time IMO only 46" or larger as they seem to have the better price due to many people not wanting large tv's. Which I personally do not understand.

My wife saw the same Samsung 67" LED DLP HDTV I paid close to $2000 for from Amazon. It was the last one for $14xx. So yeah, the larger screens are probably worth looking at. It's just the "All Sales Final" when spending $1000+ that would scare me off.

[quote name='syndicate701']Watched a FOX-9 news report over the weekend about a lady that bought an HDTV and brought it home and the screen was cracked. With the no return policy, she was S.O.L. When FOX-9 when to the store to talk to the manager, the manager responded "Get your lawyer and sue us". Haha..
[/quote]

Thanks all, I just read this article.

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/124232

I wonder if I tested it out first then got a Squaretrade warranty if I'd be covered sufficiently. I would think so. Also, sounds like all CC employees just don't give a damn anymore.

[quote name='LuisRM']Thanks all, I just read this article.

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/124232

I wonder if I tested it out first then got a Squaretrade warranty if I'd be covered sufficiently. I would think so. Also, sounds like all CC employees just don't give a damn anymore.[/QUOTE]
They absolutely do not... think about it, most of them are making pretty weak pay to start with. Combine that with the fact that they can't really get fired from the current position and the fact that they're likely not happy to be losing their jobs, yeah, customer service is going to be poor.

I wish my CC had some 8GB left. Mine was out weeks ago. Think you could swing by and pick one up for me? =)

Anyone know when the Roseville CC will shut down? They had a fucking ton of external hard drives and GH:WTs; if they get really cheap I'll snag one.

Oh yea, has anyone seen any Warhammer game cards? I'd like one or two if ya find em.

[quote name='syndicate701']Watched a FOX-9 news report over the weekend about a lady that bought an HDTV and brought it home and the screen was cracked. With the no return policy, she was S.O.L. When FOX-9 when to the store to talk to the manager, the manager responded "Get your lawyer and sue us". Haha..

Hey -- anyone interested in the PSP 2000.. Maple Grove CC had 7+ this afternoon in stock for $101. Also.. had a ton of 8GB Mem Sticks... $20-$30.

s701[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']I wish my CC had some 8GB left. Mine was out weeks ago. Think you could swing by and pick one up for me? =)
[/quote]

I noticed BB has the SONY brand mark 2 mem stick on sale this week for $29.99. Better bet than the CC's Sandisk "all sales are final" deal.

s701

s701[/quote]

I priced two 8GB memory sticks this morning at MG CC and they rang up $41 and $48. Microcenter has sandisk 8GB Pro Duo for $40.

No more PSP's there either by the way. I was hoping there would be a drop on consoles today, but it did not happen. I have been watching and the PSP's have been selling fast at $101. If you want one now, there were about 7 to 10 left at the Ridgedale CC this morning. My wife counted over 20 in a case and more behind the counter on Thursday.

[quote name='syndicate701']I noticed BB has the SONY brand mark 2 mem stick on sale this week for $29.99. Better bet than the CC's Sandisk "all sales are final" deal.

s701[/quote]

It looks like that is for a 4GB card according to the web site and weekly ad. Post again if I missed something, because I am looking. I picked up an 8GB at Microcenter and it appears that is a good price right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone watching Lego Batman at Target, it dropped to $12.48 today in Burnsville. I left 3 or 4. There was also one last Spiderman Web of Shadows at $12.48. (360).

[quote name='PapaSmerf']For anyone watching Lego Batman at Target, it dropped to $12.48 today in Burnsville. I left 3 or 4. There was also one last Spiderman Web of Shadows at $12.48. (360).[/quote]
what rd is that target on?

Take 35E or 35W South and take the Co Rd 42 exit (Burnsville Center). Take a right from either Interstate and look for the Target right after 35W.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Take 35E or 35W South and take the Co Rd 42 exit (Burnsville Center). Take a right from either Interstate and look for the Target right after 35W.[/quote]
Its Across the street from Burnsville center, when u exit stay on ur right and youll see CC and at the next stop light u should be able to see burnsville center(left) and target (right)

Stopped in at the Maplewood (694 & White Bear Ave.) CC today. Pitifully bare. There was a stack of Microsoft Equipt behind the counter. It was the service desk edition for $30. It can be used to get a full subscription refund of $69 and a 3 user license for Home and Student Office. Net $39 and the software to a CAG. Very suprised there were still some left.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Stopped in at the Maplewood (694 & White Bear Ave.) CC today. Pitifully bare. There was a stack of Microsoft Equipt behind the counter. It was the service desk edition for $30. It can be used to get a full subscription refund of $69 and a 3 user license for Home and Student Office. Net $39 and the software to a CAG. Very suprised there were still some left.[/quote]

How were they doing on Guitar Hero stuff and Digital frames ?
Price drop at that store has been Thursdays...!!!

I saw a woman with an armload of frames, but on the shelf it looked like repackaged items. I don't recall seeing any Guitar Hero stuff. I believe all the price drops have been Thursdays.

Stopped by the Maplewood CC on Sunday. All GH bundles where gone. Also went to the CC in Woodbury and they should be closing today or tommorrow. If you want shitty used fixtures thats the place to go.

I was at the roseville cc yesterday. Pretty bare. Had gh3 guitar and game bundles, probably gone today. A few home stereo speakers left that may be decent buys at 50% off. Don't need so don't know how good of a deal. Some of those panasonic 50" plasma's left as well. They have a samsung ddslr camera that if it got another 20% off I'd buy. Doubt they would go that low though since they can sell the lot in bulk to a reseller for more since the camera sells for 999 on amazon. They were at $830 ish I believe. 6-700 and I think I'd buy one. Still had microsoft equipment as well.

anyone know where i can get CoD 4 in the twin cities area for forty and under. All i found was a used one at cottage grove with no case for 45

Last edited by a moderator:
Any one here shops at FYE stores, i do at Burnsville Center and last week i bought "jumper" on blue-ray and it had discount, and with the member pass i paid around 24 dlls. and i just looked at the website, and looks like several things have extra 10% off or rebate, so 20% off for members. i pre-ordered resident evil at gamestop but i might change my order.almost 20 dlls off at fye.
I also went to CC in burnsville, almost nothing there, they had some PCs and laptops, a few cameras, a lot of usb cables, a few games(warhammer online prolly the best one), game guides, a lot of ps3 component cables, and covers for wiifit and ipods. i think thats it.

You paid $24 for Jumper on Blu-Ray?
Don't they charge for there memberships? I am not a fan of there's, the only thing that they have deals on is Clearance items and some DVD sales. I tend to hit Amazon up for the sales. In fact they have Jumper for $23 without any kind of membership. Also, FYE lists the Members price for RE5 at $54, how do you save around $20 with that?

[quote name='TheBadasspolishguy']anyone know where i can get CoD 4 in the twin cities area for forty and under. All i found was a used one at cottage grove with no case for 45[/quote]

musick posted this morning that Best Buy will have it for 360 and PS3 for $39.99 starting March 8.

[quote name='Davestation']You paid $24 for Jumper on Blu-Ray?
Don't they charge for there memberships? I am not a fan of there's, the only thing that they have deals on is Clearance items and some DVD sales. I tend to hit Amazon up for the sales. In fact they have Jumper for $23 without any kind of membership. Also, FYE lists the Members price for RE5 at $54, how do you save around $20 with that?[/quote]
yes, it was 24.01 with tax and everything. and yes they charge for the membership, not sure how much but when u go get it they give u 20% off, so far it has paid for itself.
i was talking about the RE5 collectors edition which is listed around 72 dlls for members.
I dont really like buying on amazon, i have tried several times, and unless they have free shipping, i will end up paying a couple dlls more. and i have never found a deal im interested in. i agree they have had pretty good deals, but usually is in stuff i already have, or im not interested in.
If wanted something very cheap i would try ebay instead.

I stopped by the Edina CC, and there was almost nothing left. No console games, and only a few PC games (Age of Conan, Warhammer Online). I did manage to pick up the last copy of Shadowrun (PC) though for $5.
Anyone see any 8GB Memory Stick Pro Duos at CC lately?

Best Buy in Maple Grove had the Grand Theft Auto 4 add on code pack "The Lost and the Damned" marked 50% off. $10 isn't too bad.
I've only seen this marked down at the Maple Grove store.

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']I stopped by the Edina CC, and there was almost nothing left. No console games, and only a few PC games (Age of Conan, Warhammer Online). I did manage to pick up the last copy of Shadowrun (PC) though for $5.
Anyone see any 8GB Memory Stick Pro Duos at CC lately?[/quote]

As I posted earlier, Microcenter had them cheaper. It seems that even with an additional 10% drop today, it is still cheaper to get one from Microcenter at $40.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']As I posted earlier, Microcenter had them cheaper. It seems that even with an additional 10% drop today, it is still cheaper to get one from Microcenter at $40.[/QUOTE]

I was actually hoping that CC might drop their percentages late on Sunday, otherwise I was just going to buy one from Amazon for $35.

I was hoping CC might drop their prices earlier on Sunday, but it apparently never happened. Amazon is probably your best bet then. I want to use it for my own audio and video content so I am considering the micro sd adapter to double the memory for about the same price.

For those interested, finding lots of copies of GH: Aerosmith (360) for $19.xx or so on Target clearance racks. Saw a ton at the Chanhassen Target as well as some in the Quarry Target.

There were a ton at the Apple Valley Target too... I'll get a copy if they drop to $9.98. Hoping with that many copies still left they'll still be there when that drop happens.

I saw one GH Aerosmith at the Blaine Target tonight for $9.98. I got excited thinking it was GH III as a friend is looking for it, but no. It's still there as of 9:45 PM. Just reread your posts and that's a long drive for one game. They had little else on clearance. It was the least I have seen in months.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I saw one GH Aerosmith at the Blaine Target tonight for $9.98. I got excited thinking it was GH III as a friend is looking for it, but no. It's still there as of 9:45 PM. Just reread your posts and that's a long drive for one game. They had little else on clearance. It was the least I have seen in months.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I'll check the two Targets that are near me tomorrow hopefully and see if they're still there. I'd be surprised if they weren't, one store had at least 10 copies.

I just stopped by the quarry target yesterday. Picked up the following:

Mercenaries 2 (360) $7.48
Brothers in arms hells highway (360) $14.98

A few copies of each remained.

Also saw GH Aerosmith 19.99 and lots of copies of Fracture for 9.99. Not that anyone is actually interested in Fracture.

bread's done
Back