Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='Davestation']Drove around the cities on Monday and could not find any Soul Calibur IV's out there. I did however, cash in my Super America rewards for a $25 Gamestop Giftcard. Coming from Arizona it is nice to see a gas station offer incentives for going to there stores. I also drove to Eau Claire on Monday as well and that Target had Far Cry 2 (360) for $19.98. Don't know if its worth the drive for anyone, I forgot formula in the cities and Eau Claire is about the same distance for me to drive to. Wife also wanted Sonic so it worked out....[/quote]

Holy shit - I didn't think you could use Speedy Rewards for anything other than free hot dogs and gas. I gotta start using that thing again at the SA by my house.

Thanks!

I found 3 copies of heavenly sword ($24.99), 2 mercenaries 2 (19.99) ps3/360, a bunch of dragoball z burst limit (24.99)ps360 and Bioshock (24.99). At sears on Rice street saint paul

Target off of Pen and 494 had a couple copies of Afro Samari for the PS3 on clearance for about $41. I think that I saw two copies on the clearance rack. Nothing else worth mentioning.

Just got back from the Target in Apple Valley off of 160th and Pilot Knob.... Had about 10 Far Cry 2's for the 360 at $19.98. Like 3-5 copies of Afro Samurai on PS3 for $29.98. Couple copies of Sonic Unleashed for $34.98, couple copies of X-Blades, don't remember the price. I picked up a copy of Far Cry 2.

If anyone sees a copy of professor layton at blockbuster video please let me know. If you pick it up I can hook up and buy or try and hook you up with something else.

Blockbuster on central ave in columbia heights had 2 rock band 1 se for $55 as of sat. afternoon. 1 360 for sure. I believe the other was ps3. Also, far cry 2, battlefield bad company for $20. Just no ds games. Decent amount of wii, nothing too spectacular.

If anyone finds Oblivion or GRID for the 360 at any of the Blockbuster stores, please let me know. Willing to pay you for you time and effort.

Darn, I was in Chicago for the weekend and shopped around when I saw the sale notice. I passed up several GRID 360's. I did see rmb's Prof Layton request, but I only found one of those and I think I'll keep it. I knew a lot of CAG's were after GRID, but I spent too much as it is on my own pile o' games and saw quite a few so didn't think to pick up an extra.

Did not see any Oblivion for any console BTW (6 BBV's)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rmb']If anyone sees a copy of professor layton at blockbuster video please let me know. If you pick it up I can hook up and buy or try and hook you up with something else.

Blockbuster on central ave in columbia heights had 2 rock band 1 se for $55 as of sat. afternoon. 1 360 for sure. I believe the other was ps3. Also, far cry 2, battlefield bad company for $20. Just no ds games. Decent amount of wii, nothing too spectacular.[/QUOTE]

I saw 2 copies of Professor Layton at the BB on Lake St. (by 35W) on Saturday. I bought one, and left one, not sure if it's still there.

Umm, is there a link to the Blockbuster Clearance? Looked and did not see one. I am going to Eau Claire this week and they have two there. I can check when I go.

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']I saw 2 copies of Professor Layton at the BB on Lake St. (by 35W) on Saturday. I bought one, and left one, not sure if it's still there.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I picked it up with a gta4 ce last night. That is a good bb store for game selection.

Thread got merged with the BB YMMY one... but RE5 CE was 50% off in lakeville.

Inver Grove Heights Best Buy had a good number of Resistance 2 and Resident Evil 5 Collector's Editions. Resistance 2 was like $45 I think. Also lots of copies of Infinite Undiscovery (360) for $20... decent selection of clearance games overall, can't recall what else was there.

Yeah, Resistance 2 was just under $45. Did you see RE5 at the clearance rack? I did not and assume it was full price. I checked a couple more BB's today and did not find any great deals (especially CE or LE) on clearance. I did pick up Bangaio Spirits (DS) at IGH BB for $9. Shoot 'em up!

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Yeah, Resistance 2 was just under $45. Did you see RE5 at the clearance rack? I did not and assume it was full price. I checked a couple more BB's today and did not find any great deals (especially CE or LE) on clearance. I did pick up Bangaio Spirits (DS) at IGH BB for $9. Shoot 'em up![/QUOTE]
If I recall correctly, it was not at the clearance rack at the front of the store, it was in the games with the PS3 games, PS3 version.

They had hand printed price stickers on the reduced priced items on the "console" racks as well as the checkout "clearance" rack. Because of the Lakeville deals, I was looking specifically for LE and CE deals and did not see better than the Lakeville store (50% off).

Speedy Rewards is changing there points value to get giftcards. For a Gamestop $25 giftcard it is now 25,000 points instead of the previous 20,900. Also they are adding 1600 point cards and $20 PSN cards to the program for 20,000 points each. They also have X-Box Live 3 month cards. Sucks that they are going up, but also nice to see more of a selection. Here is a list for whoever is interested.

is there any PS3 games deal in Saint Cloud area? its sux that the sears don't sell games in crossroad centre, the Target left like naruto, while BB,WM don't have any good deal.....the worst is while Blockbuster have awesome deal and in saint cloud don't have blockbuster store....I'm very depressed....what a lame city it is....

Maplewood Best Buy has 15% off yellow sticker price. Many games to choose from here are some that caught my eye: (all of them are regular price not including the 15% off)

360:
Blazing Angels 2: $19.99
Universe at War: $14.99
Quantum of Solace: $29.99
Saints Row 2 L.E.: $49.99

PS3:
Resistance 2 LE: $71.xx
Quantum of Solace: $29.99
Silent Hill Homecoming: $39.99

Many more games, cant think of them all and they where all in the same section in the videogame area.

Edit: I guess many of these games listed are part of the $9.99 ad deal that is supposed to happen next week.

The Quarry Target has about 15 copies of Far Cry 2 (360) at $9.98 left as of this afternoon. Just north of downtown Minneapolis on 35W if you are interested.

Edit: Has anyone seen a clearance copy of Oblivion 360 around any of the BBV stores at all? It's listed at $14.99 in that thread and I'm looking for a cheap copy.

[quote name='Idx86']The Quarry Target has about 15 copies of Far Cry 2 (360) at $9.98 left as of this afternoon. Just north of downtown Minneapolis on 35W if you are interested.

Edit: Has anyone seen a clearance copy of Oblivion 360 around any of the BBV stores at all? It's listed at $14.99 in that thread and I'm looking for a cheap copy.[/QUOTE]
I went to the Rosemount, Apple Valley, two Burnsville and South St. Paul BBVs and wasn't able to find that.

[quote name='Idx86']The Quarry Target has about 15 copies of Far Cry 2 (360) at $9.98 left as of this afternoon. Just north of downtown Minneapolis on 35W if you are interested.
[/quote]

FYI: There were still over a dozen copies left as of 6:30 PM last night.

Edit: Has anyone seen a clearance copy of Oblivion 360 around any of the BBV stores at all? It's listed at $14.99 in that thread and I'm looking for a cheap copy.

Nope.

[quote name='One4Deuce']I went to the Rosemount, Apple Valley, two Burnsville and South St. Paul BBVs and wasn't able to find that.[/quote]

I check some of those as well as all 3 in the West side of St Paul, the 2 on Lake St. in Minneapolis, Richfield(The Hub), Bloomington, and Prior Lake(?)

None of the stores I visited had copies of Oblivion for either system.

was able to snag a copy of afro samurai for $15 at the fridley/694 target. None left. They only had one. Also grabbed a pair of those sony noise cancelling headphones for $25. Don't know why as I bought those shure scl4's orwhatever they were from guitar center and love them. They had 4 or 5 left of the headphones.

[quote name='One4Deuce']If anyone sees one of those brown gaming ottomans from Target in the area (preferably south 'burbs) please let me know ($40 or less).[/quote]

I haven't seen the brown ottomans in a LONG time, only the red ones recently.

The red ones were down to $27.98 as of yesterday though. There was one at the quarry Target

[quote name='One4Deuce']If anyone finds Oblivion or GRID for the 360 at any of the Blockbuster stores, please let me know. Willing to pay you for you time and effort.[/quote]

I was at the Brooklyn Center Best Buy last night and they had 1 Oblivion GOTY edition (I believe) for $30.

Anyone going to Best Buy on Sunday?

If so, which location?

FYI: as of yesterday afternoon, the MOA store was STACKED with the soon-to-be $10 games.

But I saw employees with lists cherry picking what they wanted while I was there, so I don't know what's left.

[quote name='MAGfuz']I was at the Brooklyn Center Best Buy last night and they had 1 Oblivion GOTY edition (I believe) for $30.[/quote]

I think that's MSRP as I've seen it at Target stores for a while.

As for the BB sale, I'm taking my little brother over there to grab a few PS3 games. I have a $10 gift card which I may use on DMC4, but the list seems pretty underwhelming for 360 selections. I may put that gift card toward NCAA Football 10.

[quote name='manthing']Anyone going to Best Buy on Sunday?

If so, which location?

FYI: as of yesterday afternoon, the MOA store was STACKED with the soon-to-be $10 games.

But I saw employees with lists cherry picking what they wanted while I was there, so I don't know what's left.[/quote]

Eagan first when I leave work in the am, wsp, probably skip roseville, northtown if I don't have what I want from the other 2 or 3.

I will probably go to the Minnetonka store first and if I still need something, hit the Edina store.

EDIT: I picture manthing with a TC map and pushpins gathering info on the local CAG's :lol:

I'm sure I'll hit up a best buy or two on sunday for that deal going on, but nothing really popped out on the list!

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I will probably go to the Minnetonka store first and if I still need something, hit the Edina store.

EDIT: I picture manthing with a TC map and pushpins gathering info on the local CAG's :lol:[/quote]

:cool:

Nahh, I already got what I was looking for, and will get the price adjustment Sunday morning and take in the ensuing carnage.

[quote name='manthing']:cool:

Nahh, I already got what I was looking for, and will get the price adjustment Sunday morning and take in the ensuing carnage.[/quote]

I also will be visiting my friendly CSR for a price adjustment. I am shopping for some friends as well as some minor wants.

It is interesting how dispersed the current regular posters are. I've got my territories color coded;).

I went to BB in roseville and they had some Qos collectors ed. and blitz, fracture. it seems some guys came in and bought all the soul calibur 4 and overlord games. Finally, I was able to PM match GTA:CW and soul calibur 4 at Walmart, but it was a pain cuz, they said the price difference was too great. after 10 of whining and bitching the manager called BB to confirm to price( I had the BB ad with me) they finally caved in.

[quote name='Soupuu']Target in Richfield off of 77 has 7 copies of Mirror's Edge for xbox around 20 bucks and a copy of Turok for 15.[/QUOTE]
Damn, might have to make that drive tomorrow.

[quote name='sunnysky']Is anybody enjoying the Vikings Draft, or is everybody spending all of their time at Best Buy and Gamestop?[/quote]

I was a rube and watched it yesterday. Love the picks.

We're comin!!!!

Was anyone here at the Oakdale BB yesterday?

I'm just trying to figure out if one of us was the guy I saw with a stack of EVERY $10 game for the 360.

If that was you, how's Disney Sing It!?

:lol:

[quote name='manthing']Was anyone here at the Oakdale BB yesterday?

I'm just trying to figure out if one of us was the guy I saw with a stack of EVERY $10 game for the 360.

:lol:[/quote]
Not me but I have that game from targets clearance for my kids. No really....for the kids!

WTF is up with all the whiny ass fuckers in the bb thread. Should of pre-bought if they couldn't get there at open. Hell, I went to the Burnsville store and got there a couple minutes late and grabbed what I wanted. SC4 + Pure for 360 along with MLB08 + rock band for the ps3. No problems at all. Though 5 minutes after I got there you couldn't stand in the 360 aisle. Narrow aisles at that store. By the looks of the bb trading thread I should have bought every sc4 and pure for 360 not to mention for the ps3. The funny part was that the ps3 row was untouched. I am sure they sold out but not until the 360 stuff was gone. Most of us with both systems buy on the 360 for multi-platform games.

[quote name='manthing']Was anyone here at the Oakdale BB yesterday?

:lol:[/quote]

The Eagan one was cleaned out of everything decent before 1 pm on Sunday (when I went in).

I always get mad at the people who buy ALL of a sale item to flip or resell. Then I remember that it's all the retailer's fault. If Best Buy had set up a '1 of each title per customer' rule up on this kind of stuff, it would have required much more effort for dickbags to take everything good on the first day.

I would imagine that the idea of the $10 games was to act as a loss leader: they must have lost at LEAST $30 on every copy of SC4 that walked out with that one selish person. Allowing one person to buy ALL of your loss leader items flushed the entire POINT down the toilet. I know I walked in, heard they were out at Eagan and every other Best Buy within 15 miles, and then left without buying anything.

Stupid, stupid, STUPID Best Buy...

[quote name='rmb']Not me but I have that game from targets clearance for my kids. No really....for the kids!
[/quote]

That's what gets me about that thread. A bunch of those games could've been had cheaper from other sales, Target clearance, BlockBuster B1G1 used, etc.

Overlord:)ps3:) and Pure(both) we're the real gems of this sale

EDIT:

BC, allow me to clarify. The guy I saw at Oakdale had *1* copy of every 360 game they had available.

bread's done
Back