Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

I was in the cities today and saw a copy of Farcry 2 (360) at the Lake Elmo Target for $9.98 located in the "Budget" game aisle and not on the clearance endcaps. Also at the West St. Paul Target they had the Hanna Montanna and High School Muciscal DS game bundles for $3.74 each, good gift for someone who has a daughter I guess? Did go to the Best Buy at Woodbury and scored Quantum of Solace for $10 so that was one of the two games I wanted, to lazy to go out and buy Silent Hill before the sale but I will get it later.

I bought Pure on Target clearance, but I believe $15 was it's 75% off mark. Was Overlord for PS3 the same as for 360 + some extra levels? I could not figure that out in the store so passed on it.

Everyone I talked to in store said NHL 2K9 was gone long ago. I saw none.

I was at the EP BB store fairly early on Sunday morning and nearly got trampled by someone looking for something. I wrecked myself Saturday morning in a pick-up hockey game and have quite the limp going. You'd think a guy could sacrifice a $10 game and not damn near knock over the cripple.

Target clearance thread is reporting that there are 9 copies of Tiger 09 (360) @ $14.98 at the Rogers, MN location as of this afternoon.

This is an awesome game, and if any of you CAGs live up there and like golf, buy this game.

I am heading up to Rogers to grab a tiger 09 (360) if they have any left. If anyone wants one pm me and I can pick it up if in stock.

[quote name='rmb']I am heading up to Rogers to grab a tiger 09 (360) if they have any left. If anyone wants one pm me and I can pick it up if in stock.[/QUOTE]

Gone

Yea, no copies when I got there. Picked up mirror's edge though. Then went to the elk river store and grabbed 2 copies of naruto ultimate ninja storm @ the $15 price. Grabbed the naruto's for trade more or less. Want tiger on the 360.

At the roger's store I asked about tiger and the guy checked the system and it said they have 6 copies. Most likely not updated yet. You'd have to be a fool to hide 6 copies when they are @ 15 already. Maple Grove had a couple copies but @ 30 bucks still. Maybe Monday.

[quote name='Soupuu']Target in Richfield off of 77 has 7 copies of Mirror's Edge for xbox around 20 bucks and a copy of Turok for 15.[/quote]

Where were they located? I was there 2 weeks ago and there were about 20 of them on the reduced rack (the long open rack). These were not marked at all so thought they might last a drop or two. I went back last week and they were gone. The CSR looked for me and could not find them on the system. I go back again today and again no Mirror's Edge. We are talking about the Target on 66th and 77, yes?

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Where were they located? I was there 2 weeks ago and there were about 20 of them on the reduced rack (the long open rack). These were not marked at all so thought they might last a drop or two. I went back last week and they were gone. The CSR looked for me and could not find them on the system. I go back again today and again no Mirror's Edge. We are talking about the Target on 66th and 77, yes?[/quote]

Yeah that's the one, the super target next to the home depot and TCF with the roundabout in front. I went back yesterday to buy groceries and checked and they were all gone. Turok was gone too. They were on the third clearance rack with all the clearance games (there's three racks in the game section. One has a shitload of nano cases, the other has nano cases and digital frames, and the last one has all the games). Either a bunch of people went and got the game ... or someone just bought them all. I'm guessing the later rather than the former.

There are still two copies of X-blades though!

Anyone have luck with the GS guide drop? I'd be willing to pay cash and pick up (in the metro area only) if there are extras of any of the drops floating around. You'll save on shipping costs! :D Shoot me a PM if you nabbed an extra. Thanks.

[quote name='whiptcracker']There's also someone trying to sell off some of the BB sale games for $25. Good luck getting $25 for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.[/quote]

[quote name='not2worried']Yeh I noticed that on CL.. hope nobody bites.[/quote]

Yea I saw that and could care less. If people are dumb enough to buy more power to the seller. I flagged the ad anyway. The best buy sale would be a geat way to sell off a console bundle by adding a bunch of games for cheap to get the value up though.

FYI:

North St. Paul Target Greatland had a dozen :360: Tiger 09 at $30 last night.

Hopefully it drops to $15 tomorrow for you guys looking for it.

[quote name='manthing']FYI:

North St. Paul Target Greatland had a dozen :360: Tiger 09 at $30 last night.

Hopefully it drops to $15 tomorrow for you guys looking for it.[/quote]

I know of 2 other stores that have copies at 30 but were only 3 at 1 store and 5 at another. I hope it drops tomorrow as well. If it don't they will probably sell out at 30.

I saw some Star Ocean 2 PSP on clearance at the Apple Valley Target for $27.xx.

I had bought it at Best Buy using reward zone certs earlier in the week, though I hadn't opened it.. so I bought one for myself. There were 2 left as of Saturday.

1 tiger 09 360 left at the lexington and 694 target. They hit the $15 price today. Also 2 or 3 wii gh aerosmith 2 guitar bundles at 37.50...going fast. Those 2 screen dvd players dropped to 40 bucks now as well. Also got a jbl soundstage for ipod at$25 down from $100. Awesome day. Anyone grab that 80gb ps3 off CL for $100 last night? with 4 games. Sonic hit 12.50 as well.

Just got back from the Apple Valley Target on Pilot Knob and 42. I got the last XBlades on the 360 for $15. I asked about Afro Samurai on the PS3 but one of you bought all 3 copies for $15, you bastards. :) They did have a copy of Far Cry 2 for the 360 for $15 or $10, I don't remember the price since I wasn't interested. They didn't have much else.

Hit up a few Targets today and here is what I saw:

Fridley - X-Blades 2 copies $14.98, MLB Manager 2 Copies $9.98
Lake Elmo - Afro Samurai $14.98 (PS3) 1 copy, X-Blades $14.98 2 copies
Stillwater - Farcry 2 (360) $9.98 5 copies, MLB Manager 2 copies, SPidey : WoS (PSP) $7.48 1 copy
Vandais Heights- Nothing Special to report....

Went to the West St. Paul Target today. They had about 20 copies of Mirror's Edge for $19.98. The also had Far Cry 2 for $4.98, which I picked up. However, it was the last copy.

How come the targets by me, never have any of these games up for sale or on the clearance rack? (brooklyn center/park)

$4.98 is a strange price for Far Cry 2. The elusive 85% off would have been priced $5.94 as the last drop ends in 4 not 8. Should probably also call it the only Far Cry 2 rather than the last since there have not been any copies at that store for over a month and a half, and those were for PS3. I would have picked that one up if I saw it there yesterday.

I sure hope some of those ME copies make it to $9.98. They have been $19.98 over three weeks and only a couple of copies sold, but I bet now they are gone before Monday.

EDIT: Could we maybe agree to not post specific stores until you get your 75% off copies and then alert the remaining local CAGs (and lurkers)? If I sound a bit bitter it's because I hate to see a month and a half of watching a stack of games wasted as they get scooped up before they can drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MAGfuz']How come the targets by me, never have any of these games up for sale or on the clearance rack? (brooklyn center/park)[/quote]

I've picked up a some clearance games and accessories at the Brooklyn Center Target before.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']
EDIT: Could we maybe agree to not post specific stores until you get your 75% off copies and then alert the remaining local CAGs (and lurkers)? If I sound a bit bitter it's because I hate to see a month and a half of watching a stack of games wasted as they get scooped up before they can drop.[/quote]

Ha! That sounds like my fool's quest to get the last copy of :ps3: Afro Samurai for $15 at T1.

I was there at opening on Monday and it was $30 for the 3rd or 4th week in a row.

:bomb:

[quote name='MAGfuz']How come the targets by me, never have any of these games up for sale or on the clearance rack? (brooklyn center/park)[/QUOTE]

Look behind all the endcaps over in electronics, the Brooklyn Center one is laid out sort of oddly, but I've gotten clearance games there.

Crystal Target had some copies of Sonic Unleashed at $12.XX 360 last night.

Are there any Targets with Mirror's Edge even left?

Edina BB still had 3 copies of :360: You're in the Movies, which is FREE w/coupon if your a member of the RZ and Gamer's club.

I also scored a copy of Madden 09 en Espanol for $7.50 as well, but that was the last copy.

[quote name='manthing']Ha! That sounds like my fool's quest to get the last copy of :ps3: Afro Samurai for $15 at T1.

I was there at opening on Monday and it was $30 for the 3rd or 4th week in a row.

:bomb:[/quote]

I have a copy of Afro (ps3) or ME(360) I'd trade for soul caliber 4 (360) if anyone was interested.

Anyone go to that cluterfuck of a mess known as the Blaine 200+ garage sale yesterday? Jesus Christ on a pogo stick it was packed from 8 AM straight on. I only picked up a handful of CDs along with a copy of "House Of 1,000 Corpses" on DVD in the few hours I was there.

There were a couple copies of Mirror's Edge at the Otsego Target as of yesterday afternoon. They were ~$20, but I passed. I did grab a copy of Mega Man X (PSP) for $3.74--I think there were three or four copies left.

[quote name='defiance_17']There were a couple copies of Mirror's Edge at the Otsego Target as of yesterday afternoon. They were ~$20, but I passed. I did grab a copy of Mega Man X (PSP) for $3.74--I think there were three or four copies left.[/quote]

damn it, i was down that away Sunday for mothersday, shoulda stopped in...was hoping that woulda been at 9 though :\

Both Apple Valley Targets had Afro Samurai (360) clearanced to $42, unfortunately only a couple copies at each store so I have a feeling its not going to last until the $20 point that I'm willing to pay for it. Lots of copies at both of Prince of Persia (360) (also $42)

Surprise, surprise....Multiple copies of Mirror's Edge made it through the clearance hoarder gauntlet. Time now to let you know that Mirror's Edge at the WSP SuperTarget is $10. I picked up a couple of extras in case anyone is still looking and can't get one. I left 9 copies. PM me if interested or they may show up out of the blue at a Target near you when I return them.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Surprise, surprise....Multiple copies of Mirror's Edge made it through the clearance hoarder gauntlet. Time now to let you know that Mirror's Edge at the WSP SuperTarget is $10. I picked up a couple of extras in case anyone is still looking and can't get one. I left 9 copies. PM me if interested or they may show up out of the blue at a Target near you when I return them.[/quote]

I might try and sneak down there to grab one, but thanks for the heads up, that one seems to be alright for things getting past hoarders.

St Louis Park Target on 36th and Hwy 100 has about 5 copies of Endless Ocean for Wii @ $7.50 (75% off) in case anyone wants one. That is one I had to have for wife and kids, so I will be returning a copy for $15.

6 rock band 2 for ps3 for $30 , 4-5 afro 360, multiple POP. last 2 @$42.

PM if you want to know where to keep an eye on this. Unfortunately those afro need 2 more drops to hit a price I'd pay.

[quote name='DM7000']Kind of out the conversation here but does anyone know of any pawn shops near the Roseville area?[/QUOTE]

There is 1 on rice st north of larpenter on the west side of the road. Continue up rice north of hwy 36 and on the east side of rice is a small 1 by a liquor store. Just look in the yellow pages otherwise.

If anyone is looking for a Quantum of Solace CE to use the BB coupon, Apple Valley had one for the :360: today.

Shakopee BB had a ton of games on 50% off clearance. There was a copy of :ps3: Valkyria Chronicles for $30 if you missed it at Gamestop.

Not really.

I picked up the :360: Rock Band Track pack 2 for $15. I remember Incredible Hulk for all systems was on clearance too. I also saw :360:Guitar Hero Aerosmith bundle for $20

bread's done
Back