Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

Got back from the Richfield BB today and saw a few copies of the Saints Row 2 Collector's Edition for $30. They had a ton of Blitz the League 2 for $10 as well. Both for 360.

WSP = West St. Paul?

Anyone else having a hard time finding decent deals as of late? Granted I haven't been looking terribly hard but even stumbling upon deals has become pretty rare.

I ventered into the walmart on university in st. paul today. What a dump. It reminded me of the last time I was there and how I said I'd never go back. What a bunch of scuzballs.

[quote name='rmb']I ventered into the walmart on university in st. paul today. What a dump. It reminded me of the last time I was there and how I said I'd never go back. What a bunch of scuzballs.[/QUOTE]

I went to college at St. Thomas and there were nights where we had to stop at that Wal-Mart, and then swing into Big Top liquors across the street. Lots of classy folks around those parts.

[quote name='Idx86']I went to college at St. Thomas and there were nights where we had to stop at that Wal-Mart, and then swing into Big Top liquors across the street. Lots of classy folks around those parts.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget across from Porky's is the Goodwill. On the rare occasion you can find a Wii Play set there or some old school games. Haven't been in a while though.

Apple Valley Best Buy had all their clearance games for $6.99, including Tom Clancy's Endwar for PS3 (with the headset) Quantum of Solace PS3, Euro 2008, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, Madden Collector's Edition. Get there quickly, I can't imagine any of those will last long for $7.

in another thread they were talking about best buy having memorial day deals. im going tomorrow to the best buy in burnsville, i hope i can update you as early as possible about deals on that best buy.
You could try ordering online and pick it up in store and get 20%off an accesory. I just did that with ufc undisputed and ordered the warbeast guitar for rock band. $70 shipped is pretty good in my opinion.
Edit: Oh yeah, they had 'special edtion' (guitar, drums, game and mic bundle ) Rock Band around $50 and you could use the discount on it. i was tempted to get that instead of the guitar but i laready have the game and warbeast looks bad ass, so i had to ignore the bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='One4Deuce']Apple Valley Best Buy had all their clearance games for $6.99, including Tom Clancy's Endwar for PS3 (with the headset) Quantum of Solace PS3, Euro 2008, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, Madden Collector's Edition. Get there quickly, I can't imagine any of those will last long for $7.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to stop by to see if any Endwars are still there today. $7 for the game and headset is crazy...

On a side note. I'm glad I stumbled across this thread as I'm in the South Metro. Richfield Target seems to have some good clearance items (I picked up $25 :ps3: GH:III and $25 :ps3: GH:Aerosmith game+guitar bundles a few months back, plus some $5 :psp: games). Today I picked up :ps3: BuzzQuiz at the Eden Prairie Walmart for $20 but it was the last one.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to look for clearanced PSN cards specifically but I didn't see any in their clearance electronics section.

[quote name='gfshurts']I'll have to stop by to see if any Endwars are still there today. $7 for the game and headset is crazy...

On a side note. I'm glad I stumbled across this thread as I'm in the South Metro. Richfield Target seems to have some good clearance items (I picked up $25 :ps3: GH:III and $25 :ps3: GH:Aerosmith game+guitar bundles a few months back, plus some $5 :psp: games). Today I picked up :ps3: BuzzQuiz at the Eden Prairie Walmart for $20 but it was the last one.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to look for clearanced PSN cards specifically but I didn't see any in their clearance electronics section.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the last two :ps3: Endwars yesterday. One for me, one for my brother. There was still a :360: version with the headset left. There were also several :ps3: basketball gamesleft.

Sorry guys i didnt post this earlier, i did go to the best buy in burnsville. But as usual theres not much there. most of the clearance items are for wii. And theres like 10-15 different products. but they have been there for a while now. just a few xbox 360 products are the new itmes.

[quote name='gfshurts']I picked up the last two :ps3: Endwars yesterday. One for me, one for my brother. There was still a :360: version with the headset left. There were also several :ps3: basketball gamesleft.[/QUOTE]

I checked out this BB today at 1pm and the 360 version of Endwar was gone. All that was left for 360 for $7 was a bunch of copies of Punchout, one copy of Fifa 08 and a couple of other titles that I can't remember.

Also, no POG titles to be found today at BBVs in Apple Valley (off of Cedar), or Richfield (HUB). I also called BBVs on Hiawatha and 46th, Lake and Minnehaha, Lake and Nicollet and Hennepin (Uptown) and no one knew what I was talking about.

no pog's at wsp or central ave and 694

DOn't know why but grabbed that fifa08 at bb AV. As well as that ps3 madden09 CE, now to just find a trade value or sell it

So did anyone find any BBV POGs around the TC Metro? I did find some PS2 POGs which appeared to be a current shipment, but left them as I was looking for 360 and Wii. Just wondering as some nationally have posted on the BBV thread that they came across multiple stores that got them and I only found one.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']So did anyone find any BBV POGs around the TC Metro? I did find some PS2 POGs which appeared to be a current shipment, but left them as I was looking for 360 and Wii. Just wondering as some nationally have posted on the BBV thread that they came across multiple stores that got them and I only found one.[/QUOTE]

I found 2 original Xbox titles each at Midway and Hub BBVs. I also checked a bunch of others that I listed in an earlier post without any luck.

I'm thinking the region got neglected on this one. I checked both those locations more than once and you found (or were interested in) more than I. I do get around. Luckily, I get excellent gas milage on my speck.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']I found 2 original Xbox titles each at Midway and Hub BBVs. I also checked a bunch of others that I listed in an earlier post without any luck.[/QUOTE]

Those were leftovers from the President's Dat sale.

:whistle2:(

Best buy off of 494 was packed to the brim with guides as of 11:00am. I picked up what I needed and left at least one (often many copies) of everything that dropped today. A very nice young female cashier rang me up without a hitch after I used the "I think these are clearanced" line. Then I went back for a couple more and she said "back for more huh?" with a smile. I was like, "yup, my friends would kill me if they found out I got guides this cheap and didn't hook them up." She laughed and said, "and you don't even have to tell them they were a penny." Anyways, point is, look for her if she's still on shift. She's tall, mixed skin with her hair up.

Also, guides were pulled at the Edina BB. (York and 60 something)

I used the same cashier as always at the Richfield BB. I went thru at Noon and returned at about 3 and it was cleared out. I was going to pick up another Resistance 2, but the 10 or so I left were gone. If they pulled them, they missed the Pokemon guides as there were still about 20. I hit about 7 BBs today and only two had not pulled guides. I was disappointed that a couple that never pull guides were on the ball today.

I'm not a regular on the pennied guides because it seems like so much travel and very little benefit but I was in the area for an interview so I decided to stop at the Richfield BB around 3:15-4:00. All I found was GTA Lost and the Damned for a penny but I could have missed some. I picked it up and a copy of the dead space guide for $5 and left one copy of GTA: L+D there in the 360 isle.

The most frustrating thing was I was there in a suit because I came from an interview and was checking which guides were pennied on my phone because I didn't have a list with me. Well it took some time and there was one worker that was following me around the store from a distance keeping an eye on me as if i looked suspicious in an Italian hand-made suit looking at my smart phone. It was a bit humorous but probably rushed me a bit more than I would have liked. What was worse is all four cashiers were in a circle in front of the registers chatting and I had to interupt them and ask if any were open in order to get my stuff rung up.

Did anyone make it in to Target today? I visited several and was very disappointed by the lack of action. I think I saw one drop, but can't be sure. One had nearly 30 PoP 360 and still no love.

Damn. Anyone get a Madworld or GTA:CTW guide and wanna trade? Didnt have time to look today but with them having been relatively on top of the drops I probably wouldnt have found much anyways.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Did anyone make it in to Target today? I visited several and was very disappointed by the lack of action. I think I saw one drop, but can't be sure. One had nearly 30 PoP 360 and still no love.[/QUOTE]

I visited one target with both Afro and PoP at $29.xx and NFS: Underground at $34.xx. There was more stuff but nothing that caught my eye.

I bit on an afro but hoping to be able to return/rebuy with the next drop.

Edit: [quote name='Nogib']Damn. Anyone get a Madworld or GTA:CTW guide and wanna trade? Didnt have time to look today but with them having been relatively on top of the drops I probably wouldnt have found much anyways.[/QUOTE]

PM'd

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Idx86']Has anyone seen FEAR 2 being clearanced out?[/QUOTE]

Nope, just read about it starting in the Target thread. In my experience, MN targets are usually a couple weeks behind on the drops.

I'm waiting for :ps3: RB2 (game only) to go to $15 (75% off at Target clearance). Unless anyone has seen it for less than $30 elsewhere.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Saw Fear 2 today... it was $42 I believe at the Apple Valley (off Cedar) location.[/QUOTE]

same for St. Cloud targets (both of them) 42.98 i believe it was...there was 1 more at the 42 mark but i forget what it was...360 version.

and RB2 game only, up here is still full price @ Target.

Big news guys. Apple Valley Best Buy added a lot of new clearance items. Highlights include:
Saints Row 360 $10
Mercenaries 2 360 $10
Disgaea 2 PS3 $20
Call of Duty 3 PS3 $15
Clive Barkers Jericho PS3/360 $10

Lots more that didn't personally interest me as well.

[quote name='iflabs']I need some cheap PS3 games to play. Why is Hot Shots Out of Bounds still expensive?[/QUOTE]

It's only $30 at the Edina Best Buy

[quote name='manthing']It's only $30 at the Edina Best Buy[/QUOTE]
Wish this post would have been made before I drove to Eden Prairie this afternoon, could have stopped at the Edina Best Buy on my way. Damn.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I drive by the Edina BB on my way home from work, so if there is something you don't want to miss send me a PM.[/QUOTE]

Damn man, how long is your commute anyway? :)

Usually Eastside to West, sometimes North and sometimes South;). You are a bit North but on one of my routes home if I end the day at a different office location.

[quote name='iflabs']Why is Hot Shots Out of Bounds still expensive?[/QUOTE]
Was in Wal-Mart EP this morning and noticed this was only $19.97 - there were two copies.

I jumped on a CE of Saint's Row 2 for $29.99 at the Richfield BB yesterday, but now I'm thinking of returning it if the game itself is going for $10...

bread's done
Back