Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

I saw a shelf tag for the Modern Warfare console at Lino Lakes, MN Target. They scanned the tag and told me it was discontinued and not available at any other Target within the metro area. Good Luck to evryone else.
Not much for clearance games at Lino or Blaine Supertarget.

This is not true. There is at least one at the Target in South Minneapolis, right on the corner of East Lake Street and 26th Ave S.

[quote name='Scottye83']There are 3 copies of Modern Warfare 2 for 360 at the Apple Valley Goodwill for $29.99 each.[/QUOTE]
Wow, nice, regular edition or Hardened? (Only reason I ask is because MW2 Hardened Edition is on clearance at Target and sometimes Target gives their clearance items to Goodwill)

[quote name='One4Deuce']Wow, nice, regular edition or Hardened? (Only reason I ask is because MW2 Hardened Edition is on clearance at Target and sometimes Target gives their clearance items to Goodwill)[/QUOTE]

It's the regular edition and the cases had a little bit of sharpie writing on them

[quote name='Scottye83']It's the regular edition and the cases had a little bit of sharpie writing on them[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I grabbed a copy this afternoon. There's still 2 left. There is indeed sharpie writing on them, (and a couple stickers), but besides that they're in good condition. I was able to rub the sharpie markings off.

I called - they said they could not mail or take payment with a cc over the phone - I am out by Hutchinson. Must be purchased and pay at the store.

[quote name='toastapley']bought a copy of cod mw2 at roseville goodwill for $14.99[/QUOTE]

was that ps3 or 360? any more copies left?

Would a honest fellow cag help another cag by picking up COD MW2 at this goodwill - and mail it to me? I would pay you the shipping and purchase cost upfront - like with paypal? Ideas?

Otherwise looks like I better take a drive........

[quote name='SharpRule']was that ps3 or 360? any more copies left?[/QUOTE]

they were 360 and 2 left for $19.99 with ring scratches 2 days ago

[quote name='toastapley']they were 360 and 2 left for $19.99 with ring scratches 2 days ago[/QUOTE]

Where there any other worthwhile games there? Or just the CoDMW2?

[quote name='DM7000']Where there any other worthwhile games there? Or just the CoDMW2?[/QUOTE]

there were some psp games but i don't remember what they were

Damn, i should check that place out whenever i drop cloths off in the back. I was hoping to grab a copy for my buddy for ps3, i've been playing the hell out of that game since it came out.

Anyone getting these fantastic deals on Punch-Out! and Arkham Asylum at Sam's? I tried searching on the website and wasn't able to find any stores locally that showed those prices.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Anyone getting these fantastic deals on Punch-Out! and Arkham Asylum at Sam's? I tried searching on the website and wasn't able to find any stores locally that showed those prices.[/QUOTE]
Haven't seen any but haven't really been looking. Crazy as in those 10 buck ymmv deals? If so I'd buy all and offer up at cost if I came upon any. I can physically check eagan and fridley.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Anyone getting these fantastic deals on Punch-Out! and Arkham Asylum at Sam's? I tried searching on the website and wasn't able to find any stores locally that showed those prices.[/QUOTE]

i searched the site last night and i think maplewood and one other had a few

Got an extra copy of Punch Out if anyone wants one for price. I will be in the Maplewood area later on today so shoot me a PM.

**UPDATE: Its gone**

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sams club deal is a go here at the one in duluth, i know they had at least one copy of batman AA ( I bought it) but no plastic sheets on the shelf to indicate that they had any, they also had a plastic sleeve for Punch out marked at 9.81 but already have it so i didnt check to see if they actually had any.

Anyone looking for an Xbox 360 (Black) Elite 120GB Batman Holiday Edition, the Medina Target has a repackaged one for $201.00. Not a bad deal..

s701

[quote name='SharpRule']If anyone is looking for star wars: the force unleashed for 360, vadnais heights has a dozen or so for $4.98.[/QUOTE]
I figured it would go down again... I want to buy it. But I have a back log now! Thanks for the update.

Concerning Xbox 360 (Black) Elite 120GB Batman Holiday Edition, the Medina Target .
I went down and bought it first thing this morning. It seems to be working good - it had been registered 8 days earlier. Who ever returned it left some language on his profile. I called M$, they were able to trransfer the warranty to me. Now to play it hard the next few days to make sure OK to keep it. I think it will be just fine. No weird noices or anything and it is a Jasper Oh yea, thanks to Syndicate701 for the posting - I APPRECIATE THAT!

And .... On my way home, there is a Hollywood Movie Rental place on Hwy 55 and CR 24 that is going out of business....so they are selling a bunch of Video Games cheap. Too many to list.
I bought Xbox 360
GPR4 for $8
Blazing Angels 2 - Secret Missions for $12
Guitar Hero Aerosmith for $6.40

They also have WII, PS2, PS3, & original Xbox titles

I was at Wal-Mart over here in WI and saw that they had Mirrors Edge for $10.00 on 360, if any CAG wants one let me know, but I only drive to Woodbury, Maplewood, and Fridley areas.....

[quote name='SharpRule']If anyone is looking for star wars: the force unleashed for 360, vadnais heights has a dozen or so for $4.98.[/QUOTE]

Vadnais Heights Target or Wal-Mart?

[quote name='NorthStarMN']I went down and bought it first thing this morning. It seems to be working good - it had been registered 8 days earlier. Who ever returned it left some language on his profile. I called M$, they were able to trransfer the warranty to me. Now to play it hard the next few days to make sure OK to keep it. I think it will be just fine. No weird noices or anything and it is a Jasper Oh yea, thanks to Syndicate701 for the posting - I APPRECIATE THAT!

And .... On my way home, there is a Hollywood Movie Rental place on Hwy 55 and CR 24 that is going out of business....so they are selling a bunch of Video Games cheap. Too many to list.
I bought Xbox 360
GPR4 for $8
Blazing Angels 2 - Secret Missions for $12
Guitar Hero Aerosmith for $6.40

They also have WII, PS2, PS3, & original Xbox titles[/QUOTE]

Hey..glad you picked it up. The box looked in good order. You always have 90 days to return at Target. Yeah I saw the Hollywood Video/Game Crazy store closing sign... maybe I'll stop by.

thanks
s701

hmmm...that HWV is like spitting distance from my work I think. That's the one that's like 3 lights west of 494 right? If so then that's close to my work.

Yeah sorry about that abbreviation. It is the one close to my work. Must stop by after and see if there's anything good.

BBV = BlockBuster Video for future ref if u were wondering.

that hollywood video (HWY 55 and CR 24, in plymouth) had absolutely nothing that I wanted. Most expensive was LBP at $44.99 pre played. but it was in with the 30% off Game Vault games. Lots of ps2 game sin just plastic cd sleeves for 30% off as well.

Like New XBox 360 Elite 120GB 2009 Lego Batman holiday bundle complete. Works great. 1 yr M$ warranty started 2/8/2010. Jasper. Mfg date 9/27/2009.

Yes this is the one I bought at Medina. Due to unforseen issues which have occurred in my household I need to return it to Target. (It was a 2nd unit ... I didn't consult with the wife first.......etc etc etc )

If anybody wants it I could meet them in the Target Parking lot tomorrow morning. I paid $210 plus MN sales Tax. Total $225.29. I cleaned off all the profiles, and it tested out good. I verifed warranty stickers intact and not tampered with. The original buyer had it for 8 days.

Target said they will let me return it, but figured I would offer this up to anybody.
Not sure if Target will have it available to sell again.

PM me if interested.

Damn, both the Plymouth and Golden Valley ones are closing? I used to live right in the middle of both off of 55.

Guess I can check out the one on the way to my new apt in Eden Prairie now though.

Heya, any MN CAGers in the Rochester, Austin, SE MN area? I hit all the deals in Rochester and Austin (I live near Rochester and work in Austin) and was wondering if there are any others in the area I can partner up with for deals. It's nice being the only one to scoop up all my Target deals but I can't be in every place at once and would like to team up with some locals....it seems like most of you guys are in the TC area...?? Might be best to PM me.

bread's done
Back