Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

Quarry Target has one Red Faction Guerrilla PS3 left for 13.98

Blaine Target has one Heavenly Sword for $20 (seems like this game fell off the face of the earth).

[quote name='Idx86']It's been barren out there in recent weeks. Anyone seen anything noteworthy?[/QUOTE]
Only thing I've seen worth mentioning is Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood for $13.98. That was at the Apple Valley Target.

[quote name='Idx86']It's been barren out there in recent weeks. Anyone seen anything noteworthy?[/QUOTE]

the band hero box with all the instruments is 75% off - or $40 - at Target right now.

I saw one for PS2 and one for PS3 at the Apple Valley target yesterday. I go Rock Band, so I passed on it.

Did anyone get the Blur coupons to work at a Best Buy? I just got back from vacation and haven't had a chance to even try.

I was going to share my good fortune with the rest of you Twin Cities CAGers.
I used the 2 Blur coupons at the Best Buy at the Northtown Mall in Blaine this afternoon.
$12.12 out the door for the 360 game. I called the store to reserve me a copy before I went in. I also asked over the phone if I could use two different coupons toward the game and they said sure. GOOD LUCK!

I just tried Eagan, and they wouldn't do it ( I think I saw another TC CAGer, because he was carrying the same coupons I was when I got rejected at the checkout, haha). Apple Valley off 42 did redeem them both for me though.

Either myself or friends have gotten the Blur $10 deal to work at Northtown (on Sunday) and Inver Grove Heights (Tuesday) without a hitch. We didn't have luck at Blaine (Sunday), Eagan (Monday). Brookdale and Roseville were sold out of the Xbox 360 ones so I'm guessing it worked there. I also scored a Xbox Slim at Inver Grove Heights today!! :)

[quote name='Borenson']Did anyone get the Blur coupons to work at a Best Buy? I just got back from vacation and haven't had a chance to even try.[/QUOTE]

Worked like a charm in Maple Grove. In this order:

1) RZ Membership card
2) $10 RZ Coupon
3) $20 Manufactor's coupon
4) Paid $12.16 on Credit Card

Took less than 2 mins, out the door.

syn

[quote name='Blackjack13']I'll try the Eden Prairie and Minnetonka Best Buy tomorrow and report back to you all.[/QUOTE]

Worked in Minnetonka for me on Sunday.

Good luck!

Worked at Northtown Mall like the people above me said. The girl working had to call someone over but after that it was smooth sailing.

I just got back from the Inver Grove Best Buy with my PS3 copy of blur for $12.16. The cashier didn't know how to properly ring up the manufactor's coupon but got help and it went just fine.

Just got back from Eden Prairie Best Buy with Blur in hand. He got both coupons to work, just had to call over a manager and then all was fine. They also had a nice stack of Xbox Slims if anyone was interested.

Went to the Minnetonka location and they were sold out. Then went to the Eden Prairie location and got it from there with no trouble. Thanks for the heads up blackjack.

No luck at all with Blur in Edina. The store was pretty much empty and there was only one younger girl for a cashier, whom I thought wouldn't have any problems. Well... I was wrong. She said that they are not allowed to take a coupon on top of the reward zone coupon, and that I could only use one or the other.

Guess I'll go to MOA and try my luck tomorrow. Any pointers for if they say no, or how you presented the coupons to them?

Awesome about the MOA there...if only it weren't a 90 minute drive for me to get there, bleh.

The Mankato BB at least took the $20 one no problem, but they've decided they will only take one or the other.

So how are the HWVs looking up there? Any still open?

[quote name='whiptcracker']Phillips Blu-Ray player with surround sound system, originally $500, now $124. A few left at the Fridley Target and last week I saw a couple at Crystal.[/QUOTE]

That's a smokin' deal - wish I had the extra $$ to pick one up. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Phillips Blu-Ray player with surround sound system, originally $500, now $124. A few left at the Fridley Target and last week I saw a couple at Crystal.[/QUOTE]
Do you have a model number? I've been looking for at least a Blu-ray player for the bedroom but at that price its worth it to get the surround sound too.

Stopped by the Movie Gallery in Stillwater. All older generation games and PSP and DS games are 80% off now. The 360, Wii, and PS3 games are 70% off. All the core movie tittles where $1.49 for DVD's. I made a nice PSP haul on new games, got 11 new games for $35.xx. Might take my son there to pick through some Gamecube and PS2 inventory.

[quote name='Davestation']Stopped by the Movie Gallery in Stillwater. All older generation games and PSP and DS games are 80% off now. The 360, Wii, and PS3 games are 70% off. All the core movie tittles where $1.49 for DVD's. I made a nice PSP haul on new games, got 11 new games for $35.xx. Might take my son there to pick through some Gamecube and PS2 inventory.[/QUOTE]

Any worthwhile current gen titles (specifically, x360)?

[quote name='vicks']Any worthwhile current gen titles (specifically, x360)?[/QUOTE]

I did not get a chance to look. It seemed that most where Game Vault deals. I did get Prey new for a couple of bucks last week

One copy of Alone in the Dark (360) at the Quarry Target for $13.xx.

On a side note, has anyone stopped by any BBV recently? Saw there was some action in the main thread with some new games being clearanced out, but have not had an opportunity to stop by my EP store.

If any Minnesotans are looking for a Xbox 360 Slim, I got one (brand new) from trading some Xboxes in at Gamestop that Id part for 275 for the MN CAGers if anyone is interested. In the Twin Cities Metro area..

Any Minneapolis area people want to take some empty system boxes off my hands? Don't really want to ship them, and feel guilty throwing them out. $10 and you can have

- Xbox 360 (20gb model)
- PS2
- Nintendo 64
- DS Lite (black model)
- Game Boy micro
- Game Boy micro 20th Anniversary model
- GameCube (purple model)
- GameCube (silver model)

Just let me know.

Target in Rogers had two copies of :ps3: Bayonetta for $29.xx today.

Also, :360: Brutal Legend for ~$5, :ps3: ~10. Not quite as fetching, but :360: Tekken 6 was around $25 I think.

Nice thread. I frequent some stores in Saint Paul. I haven't seen any really good deals in a long while but if I come upon one I'll let everybody know!

[quote name='One4Deuce']Do you have a model number? I've been looking for at least a Blu-ray player for the bedroom but at that price its worth it to get the surround sound too.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I missed this question. You know what though? The thing is a piece of crap. I'm returning it tonight. Doesn't play some of the newer Blu-Ray (specifically Daybreaks wouldn't load and I tried multiple copies) and there hasn't been a recent firmware update to fix this. Disappointing.

[quote name='Idx86']One copy of Alone in the Dark (360) at the Quarry Target for $13.xx.
[/QUOTE]

$9 used at Gamestop, probably cheaper

[quote name='vicks']If any Minnesotans are looking for a Xbox 360 Slim, I got one (brand new) from trading some Xboxes in at Gamestop that Id part for 275 for the MN CAGers if anyone is interested. In the Twin Cities Metro area..[/QUOTE]

Are these hard to find? Because last I saw Target had a ton of them.

[quote name='whiptcracker']

Are these hard to find? Because last I saw Target had a ton of them.[/QUOTE]

Not at all. Ive seen pallets at Best Buys. I just wanted to convert some gamestop credit into cash, figured it would be easier this way than selling older, used 360s..

Have there been any Metroid Prime Trilogy sightings at any of the TRUs or Targets in the Twin Cities and surrounding area? I stopped by the ones on 494 because they were on the way to an event I was going to, but no luck...just figured there are so many Targets up there, some location must have some still...

The Plymouth Target (494 and Rockford Rd.) still had Metroid Prime Trilogy within the last two weeks, still full price at the time I saw them.

Eden Prairie - Wallmart

The EP wallmart is under construction and have a clearance rack of video-games located in the middle of the store behind the photo-lab (the new electronics section is located in the north-east corner of the store).

Lots of shovelware but some gems. I got Lost planet - colonies edition for $8 which was the cheapest 360 game there because it was marked down from $15.

39.96 Original - $20 and under SALE (Select titles - PS2,PSP, PS3)

• TONS of PS2 titles
  • A few PS3 titles
  • A few PSP titles

29.99 Original
- $20 and under SALE (Select Titles - DS, Wii, 360)

• Lots of lame DS games ranging from $6-20
  • Lots of Wii shovelware

• 360 Area 51 Blacksite (1 available) $12
  • 360 Lego Batman (many available) $12
  • 360 Dead Space (1 available) $12
  • 360 Red Faction Guerrilla - $19
  • 360 Shadow Run (1 available) - $15
  • 360 Mercenaries 2 - $12
  • 360 Brutal Legend - $12

[quote name='jrt1138']The Plymouth Target (494 and Rockford Rd.) still had Metroid Prime Trilogy within the last two weeks, still full price at the time I saw them.[/QUOTE]

Within the last week I saw 2 at Rogers Target for $34.98.

[quote name='jrt1138']The Plymouth Target (494 and Rockford Rd.) still had Metroid Prime Trilogy within the last two weeks, still full price at the time I saw them.[/QUOTE]

I was back at the Plymouth Target on Friday and I couldn't find any copies of Metroid. Must have gone on clearance since I was in there last.

[quote name='jrt1138']I was back at the Plymouth Target on Friday and I couldn't find any copies of Metroid. Must have gone on clearance since I was in there last.[/QUOTE]

Or someone paid full price for it.

I thought someone in this thread was looking for Mountain Dew throwback. If so, the Cub foods in St. Anthony got a small shipment from somewhere.

[quote name='seraxell']I thought someone in this thread was looking for Mountain Dew throwback. If so, the Cub foods in St. Anthony got a small shipment from somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was there this morning pickin up some snacks and I saw those too. I was kinda surprised they still existed.

[quote name='Demolition Man']fuck. I was just there today and didn't see anything on the end caps where they usually put the clearance stuff so I assumed there wasn't anything new.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it wasn't in the usual places, I would never have noticed it if I didn't decide to scan through the shelves with the 360 games...

Plenty of copies of Tekken 6 still at the Fridley Target. It's marked at $27 but rings up at $10.

-Also not on endcap, in the Xbox section.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back