Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='Calinks']Are all Targets in Minnesota doing that deal?[/QUOTE]
If you are refering to Tekken 6, it is clearance and YMMV. Your local Targets may or may not have copies and they may ring up a different percentage off original price. While all Targets usually follow the same clearance pattern, they don't do so at the same time.

St. Louis Park Target off of 100 has 2 copies of the Bioshock 2 LE for PS3 marked down to 35.00 - would've bit if it were 360 but oh well - they had one of those not on clearance at the current price of 70.00 (looking back, knowing that that has been showing up on clearance around the country, I should've price checked, but oh well)

I bought the Borderlands DLC disc for the 360, if anyone wants it I'd happily trade for a case of Hamm's or a jug of that Captain Morgan Long Island Iced Tea. Good stuff there. Unfortunately the bag my last jug was in ripped and the bottle broke in my garage. Three days later you can still get a pretty good buzz just by standing in the garage for a couple of minutes.

I have a new copy of :wii: Sin & Punishment - Star Successor that is beyond the return period and I really to get some cash back from. If any CAG thinks it's worth $40 you're welcome to it, just PM me. Or put me in my place, because for all I know there's a stack of them for $20 somewhere.

Wow, just ran into Best Buy Maplewood Mall for a navigation controller and all of their clearance games are $10. No a huge selection of PS3 games, but they had the following from my memory:

:ps3:
Brutal Legend
UFC Undisputed
Guitar Hero Van Haylen

:360:
Lips Number One Hits w/ mic
Supreme Commander 2
Brutal Legend
GRAW 2, Spiderman WoS, Sonic The HEdgehog, Wall-E 4 Pack
Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack The Ripper

They had a bunch of DS and Wii games as well and some other 360 and PS3 games. Games are in the back against the wall and some are in the front by the checkouts. If you are in the area check it out.

Picked up last two copies of Bioshock 2 Special Edition (one for PC and one for Xbox 360) for $20 each at the Rosedale Best Buy today! Outer slip cases were torn on both, but oh well. I've been waiting to pick one up for a long time and didn't want to spend $80+ on the package. Walked out the door with both at a total of $44.xx w/ tax! :)

Anyways, for anyone looking for copies of Halo Reach Legendary Edition, they probably had about 8-9 copies of it in store.

I just returned a PS3 Bioshock 2 SE at the Target near 100 and Excelsior Blvd. It was $17.48 a few weeks ago at said location, so if it is not "out of system", someone may be able to pick it up for that price (or less?) tonight or tomorrow.

[quote name='Davestation']Wow, just ran into Best Buy Maplewood Mall for a navigation controller and all of their clearance games are $10. No a huge selection of PS3 games, but they had the following from my memory:

:ps3:
Brutal Legend
UFC Undisputed
Guitar Hero Van Haylen

:360:
Lips Number One Hits w/ mic
Supreme Commander 2
Brutal Legend
GRAW 2, Spiderman WoS, Sonic The HEdgehog, Wall-E 4 Pack
Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack The Ripper

They had a bunch of DS and Wii games as well and some other 360 and PS3 games. Games are in the back against the wall and some are in the front by the checkouts. If you are in the area check it out.[/QUOTE]

Was the 4 pack $10? If so that's a hell of a deal.

For those wanting semi cheap seats to WWE Bragging Rights that's happening here in a few weeks:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/060044D1CBAFAB2B?brand=&hot_ticket_brand=home

Go to the $29 special ticket price. Code is cena. You can then select either upper level or lower level. Upper level right now is typically giving me around 231-233 lower rows while lower level is giving me corner seats at 136 or 106. Still not too bad for seats that are normally $65 or so.

Pro Evolution 2010 for 360 was down to 2.xx, I already have a copy but almost bought another because it was so cheap. This was at the Apple Valley Target off of Cedar.

A friend and I went to the Cabela's Dangerous Hunt 2011 trailer at the Robert Street WSP GameStop at lunch to check it out. We tried the 360 version in co-op (arcade mode). While it needed calibration, I was really impressed with the Top Shot Elite controller. The game was pretty cool as well. It had 33 levels of arcade type shooting. You could switch from rifle to shotgun (for birds and close) with a flick of the analog stick. Then they showed us the story mode which was like a survival horror game where the hunter becomes the hunted. I may be a sucker for a free t-shirt cool controllers, but it made me want to make the un-CAG-like purchase of new release at full retail and add to my already huge collection of plastic accessories.

I am looking for an XBOX 360 Slim (250GB). if anyone knows of any deals locally or if you have one to sell, PM me. I live down in Apple Valley.

[quote name='jam919']I am looking for an XBOX 360 Slim (250GB). if anyone knows of any deals locally or if you have one to sell, PM me. I live down in Apple Valley.[/QUOTE]
I don't have one, but I grew up in Apple Valley :)

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the play n trade in savage is going out of business. Right now they are at 40% off and pretty picked over, but they still have a ton of PS2 games and a few from all other systems.

Also - Savage Target had DJ hero and tony hawk ride for $30 (PS3 and 360)

Minnetonka Super Target Hwy 7/101

• 1 Bioshock SE PS3 on the clearance shelf
  • Also, the Halo Reach Signature Series Guide was labeled 19.99 but rang up 16.99 (which its listed as on target.com)

[quote name='Nogib']I just wish they'd clearance the PS3 version of Tekken 6. Have a PS3 fightstick after all. :)[/QUOTE]

Target off of 694 and Lexington has Tekken 6 on Clearance, forget how much though...

Anybody looking to buy a 360 or two? I have 1 arcade and 1 elite looking to sell, as well as some Guitar Hero games. I have it posted up on Craigslist as well.

EDIT, I sold both xbox 360's last night, still have the guitar hero games up for sale. Includes: 2,3,WT,aerosmith,van halen. Also have 5 guitars that work to go with them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone been able to find any of the Rock Band Track Packs at Family Dollar in Minnesota? They are supposed to be $5 but I called a few of the stores and they acted like I was crazy when I asked if they had them.

Lookin to pick up a used xbox if anyone has one lying around in the Minneapolis area. I would prefer one with a hard drive and HDMI but will still consider some offers for ones without. PM me or email me at [email protected] if you have anything for me.

[quote name='MAGfuz']Anyone know of a mom/pop shop selling CoD:BO early?[/QUOTE]

There aren't many around the Twin Cities area - *see earlier pages in this thread*.

[quote name='willynateDgreat']There aren't many around the Twin Cities area - *see earlier pages in this thread*.[/QUOTE]

I saw those but are a little far away, and since BO comes out in a little over 13 hours, I can wait, lol.

Stopped by Discount 70 and Brand Name Deals today. Absolutely nothing. Discount 70 used to have a fairly large selection of games and accessories. Today it was just lots of ugly cheap furniture.

Glad to see a couple of CAG's I have met in the recent past each got a DA:UE for $15.

If you PM'd me and did not get there, I returned my $30 copy to the same Target this evening. If it's not on the shelf, you can try to ask someone in electronics to check the CS desk for it.

That's the only copy left.

if anyone sees any cheap rock band 2 or GH setups, let me know. I just got a 360 (again) and would like to get a few of these games for cheap (i need the instruments, too).

The Minnetonka Toys R Us is closing for remodeling, so everything in the store is currently on clearance. Video games are 10% off, but it looks like they shipped off the good stuff and left only the clearance games behind. According to the customer service clerk, the store will be reopening in September as a Toys R Us/Babies R Us.

james...I was wondering about that when I headed over there after work last week and saw that the store was on sale.

While not gaming related at all, my buddy Kevin's barber shop is probably on the outs at the end of January 2011. It's the oldest Barber Shop in Southwest Minneapolis (between Washburn and Xerxes on 50th - 3012 W. 50th St Mpls, MN 55410) and losing it is a damn shame. He does Walk-Ins on Saturdays and is open for appointments Monday through Friday. Send a PM if you want his number to make an appointment. This is a real barbershop so you can sit down, relax and actually enjoy yourself. Kevin is a bit kooky and is really into conspiracy shit so the conversation is always somewhat surreal. Bring him a beer and you'll get special treatment! A cut is $16 and a shave is $10 or so (can't remember the shave price to be honest) and is better than what you get at Heimies in St. Paul.

Oh ok, gaming related, he passes the time with a PS2 in the shop!

Planing on checking out a couple BBs in the MSP area to see if they have 3DS demo units. Do all BBs have them? If only specific stores have them, I'd appreciate a hint if anyone's run across the 3DS locally. Thanks!

[quote name='dothog']Planing on checking out a couple BBs in the MSP area to see if they have 3DS demo units. Do all BBs have them? If only specific stores have them, I'd appreciate a hint if anyone's run across the 3DS locally. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I think most stores have them. I can confirm that the Best Buy at Northtown Mall in Blaine has one on display.

Yeah, I caught one at the MOA BB. I think I'm in the supposed 10% of people who can't figure 3D tricks. It just looks blurry to me, I moved it anywhere from 6 to 18 inches from my face and dicked around with the slider in every configuration. Not feeling it, just gave me a hell of a headache.

bread's done
Back