Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

There was 2 :ps3: and 1 :360: Star Wars: TFU2 Collectors edition for ~$55 at the Shingle Creek Target should anyone want them. I was there Friday night, so they may be gone!

[quote name='Demolition Man']It felt lackluster to me but maybe I need to have it really in my hands instead of being tied down to a display in order to really get the "3D" effect.[/QUOTE]
If you were at a BB, you can pick them up and hold them. They're secured to the display with a magnetic holder, just give it a good tug and you can pick it up and hold it as you would a DS, the tether doesn't get in the way at all. Using that freedom and a lack of people waiting to try it out, I played around for 10-15 minutes. As hard as I tried, I couldn't find that sweet spot where the 3D really popped out at me, I just wound up feeling crosseyed and stupid.

I don't think I'm wired to appreciate 3D, I always sucked at the 3D sailboat-in-the-dots posters. The only one of those I ever "saw" in my life was a 3D bunny on the back of a box of Nesquik. It was one of the proudest days of my life.

My eyes could adjust to the 3D pretty easily, but after only a few minutes my eyes hurt and I felt nauseous from trying to adjust it to a point where it wasn't causing eye strain.

I was interested prior, now I'm not.

I picked up DJ Hero for $17.98 at the Apple Valley target on Pilot Knob Road. They had both 360 and PS3 versions there.

There was a couple of those Def Jam Rapster Packages at the Shingle Creek Target as well. Didn't catch price or system.

Saw a couple Band Hero for :360: at Brooklyn Center Best Buy for $60.

Also saw at the Crystal Target both :ps3: :360: Star Wars:TFU2 Collectors now down to $34 (I think that was the price)

Both spottings were yesterday

I am looking for a copy (new or used with Live code intact) of Fallout 3 or Fallout 3 GOTY. Let know if you have one I can buy cheap.

Planing on checking out a couple BBs in the MSP area to see if they have 3DS demo units. Do all BBs have them? If only specific stores have them, I'd appreciate a hint if anyone's run across the 3DS locally. Thanks!

I can confirm that Coon Rapids Best Buy had them, but it looked blurry to me too. I didn't know you could pick them up off the display though. I thought it was meant to be at eye level for little kids.

[quote name='2DMention']I can confirm that Coon Rapids Best Buy had them, but it looked blurry to me too. I didn't know you could pick them up off the display though. I thought it was meant to be at eye level for little kids.[/QUOTE]
I think just about everywhere has these now, even Targets, etc. I spent about 15 minutes with it and didn't like it. It looked blury at first but you could see the 3d. I was able to somewhat get used to it but it really hurt my eyes. It gave me a headache. I don't have any problems with 3d movies. I think I will be passing.

If anyone in the Mankato area is looking for the 360 edition of Green Day: Rock Band Plus (to play, I hope), they still have some copies at the Walmart here...I just got back from getting one for myself. :)

If anyone sees any clearance legos, I'm starting to build a collection for my (still way too young) son.

I always seem to miss the $1 sets at Kmart or the 75% off sets at Target.. I'd love a heads up if anyone sees some.

[quote name='whiptcracker']If anyone was looking to get Animal Crossing City Folk for the Wii, there's about 20 copies of it for 12.48 at the downtown Target[/QUOTE]
About 40 copies at the Knollwood Target also.

[quote name='whiptcracker']If anyone was looking to get Animal Crossing City Folk for the Wii, there's about 20 copies of it for 12.48 at the downtown Target[/QUOTE]

4 dozen+ copies at Woodbury West Target.

2+ dozen at N St Paul Target.

[quote name='switters']Just picked up a DJ Hero 2 bundle for 24.99 at the Blaine Toys R Us. Plenty left for all platforms.[/QUOTE]

Damn, i just got it the week before for $29 from GS.

Did anyone else catch the cold that's going around right now? I swear this thing just won't go away and it wants to slowly kill me from the inside!

Anyone seen any clearance copies DC Universe Online (PS3) at any of the Targets in the Twin Cities area? Going to be in the area and was curious if I should even bother looking while I'm there.

Figured I'd post here and ask:

Recently moved to the Lakeville area, and was wondering if there were any stores relatively near by that sell N64 (or earlier) games? I know Half Price Books in Apple Valley tends to have a couple, but hardly enough to warrant even a semi-frequent visit.

Hey guys check out MOA Best Buy. They have a bunch of $5 games:

PS3:

Mindjack
DC Universe Online
Create
Blaze Blue Calamity Trigger
Kane & Lynch 2
Shaun White Skateboarding
DJ Hero 2 (Game Only)

360:

Mindjack
Transformers War for Cybertron
Green Day Rockband +

They had them all mixed in with the regular games with a Best Buy yellow sticker with the $5 in writing with a black marker. They had much more and they limit one title per customer. I tried to get some doubles for a friend but they would not let me. They did not have a huge selection of $5 titles for the Wii but if your in the area its worth a try. They only had one DC Universe left and one DJ Hero 2 left. About 4 Blaze Blues left as well. Good Luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wants the mario game 25th aniversairy we have 3 at the bloomington sams club just ask one of us. if your from here you might end up meeting me lol

[quote name='Lonedragon87']If anyone wants the mario game 25th aniversairy we have 3 at the bloomington sams club just ask one of us. if your from here you might end up meeting me lol[/QUOTE]

Is it on clearance or is it just $29.99?

[quote name='Davestation']Hey guys check out MOA Best Buy. They have a bunch of $5 games:

PS3:

Mindjack
DC Universe Online
Create
Blaze Blue Calamity Trigger
Kane & Lynch 2
Shaun White Skateboarding
DJ Hero 2 (Game Only)

360:

Mindjack
Transformers War for Cybertron
Green Day Rockband +

They had them all mixed in with the regular games with a Best Buy yellow sticker with the $5 in writing with a black marker. They had much more and they limit one title per customer. I tried to get some doubles for a friend but they would not let me. They did not have a huge selection of $5 titles for the Wii but if your in the area its worth a try. They only had one DC Universe left and one DJ Hero 2 left. About 4 Blaze Blues left as well. Good Luck!![/QUOTE]

Damn, I went up there soon as I saw your original iPhone post and didn't find anything, but I was looking for a separate display.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Damn, I went up there soon as I saw your original iPhone post and didn't find anything, but I was looking for a separate display.[/QUOTE]

I was there yesterday (MOA) and the girls said they took the $5 games and removed them. some kind of pricing error. However, there were still a few super steals. DJ Hero 2 combo for $15, SOCOM move super bundle for $100, tony hawk ride with board $5.

[quote name='switters']Just picked up a DJ Hero 2 bundle for 24.99 at the Blaine Toys R Us. Plenty left for all platforms.[/QUOTE]

Did they have it for Wii?

[quote name='jam919']I was there yesterday (MOA) and the girls said they took the $5 games and removed them. some kind of pricing error. However, there were still a few super steals. DJ Hero 2 combo for $15, SOCOM move super bundle for $100, tony hawk ride with board $5.[/QUOTE]

Not surprised. The Apple Valley Best Buy marked a bunch of games with stickers meaning 25% or 50% off, but nothing to really write home about; probably what they were actually supposed to do.

Damn, would of jumped on Transformers War For Cybertron for $5... hell I probably would of bought most of what they had for $5 just to trade it in somewhere else after a quick playthrough.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Picked up a refurb 80GB PS3 today for $109. More available at time of purchase. If interested, do your own detective work or PM me.[/QUOTE]

Interested, especially since every Target in the Metro area is now sold out of the 160gb PS3.

They were at MicroCenter in Saint Louis Park, but they are all gone - I went there on Saturday at about 3 and the guy told me they were sold out at noon. I did just pick up a 160GB PS3 at target and got the $160 GC.

[quote name='jam919']They were at MicroCenter in Saint Louis Park, but they are all gone - I went there on Saturday at about 3 and the guy told me they were sold out at noon. I did just pick up a 160GB PS3 at target and got the $160 GC.[/QUOTE]

Not surprised they went quickly. I managed the gift card thing as well, luckily they restocked yesterday morning.

Notables at Crystal Target.

:360: 1 MvC3 Special Edition ~$49, 2 Vanquish for $21
:ps3: 2 Vanquish for $21, 1 Kung Fu Rider $10

That's all I remember as of now. This was at about 2:30 this afternoon

I'm sure this is a long shot but did anyone see an inFamous 2's hanging out at any metro Targets this weekend. Also, I was at the Target near 36/McKnight road in St. Paul and they had Resistance 2 for ten bucks if anyone is interested.

Ususally Target or other retailers POS system makes it so they cant sell you a street dated item. I know that MA and PA game stores like Toy Riffic usually break street date and sometimes even charge a premium for it.

EDIT: I just read about the Target F up in the deals thread, I should really look in there first before seeing what my fellow local CAG peeps are up to ;)

Anyone see Infamous 2 in clearance at any Metro Targets? I know some people in other regions are finding them marked as online only items for $29.98. I tried the Plymouth Super Target and didn't see any but may try the Crystal Target after work today as well.

[quote name='MAGfuz']Notables at Crystal Target.

:360: 1 MvC3 Special Edition ~$49, 2 Vanquish for $21
:ps3: 2 Vanquish for $21, 1 Kung Fu Rider $10

That's all I remember as of now. This was at about 2:30 this afternoon[/QUOTE]

I picked up Vanquish for 360 for $15 at the Pymouth Super Target last week Thursday. They also have some copies of Sly collection for $20 I was there today and saw a few more copies. I was mainly looking for Infamous 2 so I forgot what else was there.

[quote name='pROvIs']Anyone see Infamous 2 in clearance at any Metro Targets? I know some people in other regions are finding them marked as online only items for $29.98. I tried the Plymouth Super Target and didn't see any but may try the Crystal Target after work today as well.

I picked up Vanquish for 360 for $15 at the Pymouth Super Target last week Thursday. They also have some copies of Sly collection for $20 I was there today and saw a few more copies. I was mainly looking for Infamous 2 so I forgot what else was there.[/QUOTE]
I was coming to ask the same thing... I was at the Apple Valley Target today and, though I wasn't looking specifically for it, didn't see inFamous 2 in the clearance section.

I hit: Burnsville, both Apple Valley stores, Lakeville, and Savage. No Infamous 2. The Apple Valley store on Pilot Knob had some PSP batteries on clearance for $15, though.

EDIT: Has anyone seen Ys 7 at Best Buy at the ~$12 price?

EDIT 2: I found Ys 7 at Eden Prairie Best Buy for $12 today. It was their last copy as well. They also had a used Valkyria Chronicles 2 for $29 if anyone is interested

Probably snatched up by now, but I saw Oblivion PS3 for $9.98 at Chaska Super Target. They also had about 10 - 12 copies of NCAA Football '10 for the 360 @ $7.xx.

For you up North CAGs, Grand Rapids Target had 2 special ed. MvC3s for 360 a few weeks ago for $35.

Good place to check if you go up there for vacation or have a lake place.

bread's done
Back