Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

Anybody local looking to sell a used 360 in good shape?

There's tons of them on craigslist, so I'll find one eventually at a good price. I thought I'd ask here, though, just in case anyone had one in good shape to unload. Please PM me if you do.

I picked up a extra Copy of Child of Eden on Amazons B1G1
If someone wants the extra copy for $23.00 let me know. I live in the North Metro ( Wyoming)

Picked up Bionic Commando PS3 about a week ago at the Blaine (Near Blainebrook Bowl) Best Buy for $3. Got the last one though, so that one might be YMMV. The kid at the store really helped me out and pointed it out to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Cross-posted in the Clearance thread)

Not exactly clearance, but I saw Rock the Dead for 360 at the Blaine, MN Target store on Hwy 65 for $10.

Good deal if you want to get more mileage out of your Rock Band/Guitar Hero Guitars and drums.

Wednesday night I saw 5 or so copies of Tasunoko vs Capcom (Wii) at the Plymouth (494 & Rockford Rd.) Target for $14.98. They also had Rock Band 3 (DS) for $9.98.

[quote name='jrt1138']Wednesday night I saw 5 or so copies of Tasunoko vs Capcom (Wii) at the Plymouth (494 & Rockford Rd.) Target for $14.98. They also had Rock Band 3 (DS) for $9.98.[/QUOTE]

Silly question, but were the TvC's game only, or the joystick bundle?

[quote name='milleniumbugx']Silly question, but were the TvC's game only, or the joystick bundle?[/QUOTE]
Game only.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Figured I'd post here and ask:

Recently moved to the Lakeville area, and was wondering if there were any stores relatively near by that sell N64 (or earlier) games? I know Half Price Books in Apple Valley tends to have a couple, but hardly enough to warrant even a semi-frequent visit.[/QUOTE]

There is a place in Lakeville called World of Games that sells a ton of older games on Amazon marketplace for pretty good prices. I haven't been to their store yet, but it might be worth checking out. It is downtown Lakeville off of Holyoak. Otherwise the only places that I know of are Games Central (Several locations) and Discland (in bloomington).

If you find any others- please share :) I am always on the lookout for places that sell classic games.

Discland is good for previous generations but I feel their current gen stuff is horribly priced now. Loved the store when it first opened. They had great prices and a fantastic staff but now neither their prices or staff impress me anymore. They do have a good selection though if you are looking for something.

[quote name='toastapley']Best buy northtown has hp touchpads in stock[/QUOTE]

ya, so I drove all the way out there only to be told that they had them in stock, but they were on hold for other customers...total bullshit since they say they can't put em on hold.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']ya, so I drove all the way out there only to be told that they had them in stock, but they were on hold for other customers...total bullshit since they say they can't put em on hold.[/QUOTE]

technically they didn't hold them, they just didn't want a line while they unloaded the truck. they handed out pieces of paper with number in the order that you showed up. half of the people purchasing at the same time as me were employees yet employees are instructed to tell customers they have no idea when they are getting more, even when they do know. i have a buddy that works there so i will post if i get more info

just checked the richfield best buy, as last night at 3am they showed stock for the touchpads, got there and was told they don't have any and had sold their shipment of 50 yesterday...

[quote name='toastapley']i'm hoping the jerk yelling at the best buy staff wasn't a CAG........ they did it the fairest way possible[/QUOTE]

what jerk?

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']what jerk?[/QUOTE]

someone was causing a scene towards the front of the store as i was leaving.

[quote name='toastapley']someone was causing a scene towards the front of the store as i was leaving.[/QUOTE]

ya, i'd hope he's not a cag, probably from sd, lmao

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']ya, i'd hope he's not a cag, probably from sd, lmao[/QUOTE]

haha probably. i've read some of their forums, they are some angry dudes. probably all just reselling anyways

[quote name='Demolition Man']Any further details?[/QUOTE]

it was 2 guys complaining that they didn't get a touchpad. i didn't stick around to see the outcome

Yea, discland isn't a bad place if you're looking for retro games. Good place for T-shirts and hoodies too.

Terrible music selection. Hardly any industrial that I can tell from anyway.

Stay clear of the Eden Praire Mall Target. There's no clearance to be had there.

[quote name='2DMention']Yea, discland isn't a bad place if you're looking for retro games.[/QUOTE]

In general their prices are insane though...very few times have I found a good deal, and their return policy kinda sucks (store credit only). But they definitely have a decent assortment of retro stuff if price isn't a factor.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']In general their prices are insane though...very few times have I found a good deal, and their return policy kinda sucks (store credit only). But they definitely have a decent assortment of retro stuff if price isn't a factor.[/QUOTE]

True.

(Cross-Posted from the Target Clearance thread)

CAGs in Minneapolis Area need to check out the clearance in Excelsior & Hwy. 100 Target in St. Louis Park, MN.

To be found:
(All for DS)

Kid games for $9
Spectrobes for $3.74 around 5 copies I left a bunch of copies for other CAGs
Picross $9 (One copy left at 7:30pm tonight)

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Lots of empty plastic cells marked clearance at that Target. Looks like it's a day or two late.[/QUOTE]

No Spectrobes? Some greedy flipper must've cleaned them out. I only bought one to play later. I applied to work there, maybe I can get in at the games section.

The Toys R Us in ********** is having a grand re-opening on the 23rd - 25th. They have a "$5 off any purchase of $25 or more" coupon they're handing out to shoppers at checkout or who ask for one. It's valid from 9/23 to 10/7.

"Excludes baby food, diapers, formula, wipes, Ameda, Baby Brezza, Baby Jogger, BOB, Britax, Bugaboo, Cybex, ERGObaby, Mamas & Papas, Motherhood Maternity, Nap Nanny, Pediped, Peg Perego, Phil & Teds, Robeez, Tommee Tippee, Under Armour, electronic learning toys, netbooks, tablets, video game hardware, video games, Apple products, FAO products, RobotGalaxy, Buyer Protection Plan, gift cards, photo studios, phone orders, Special Orders, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, and shipping & handling."

One coupon per guest.

The woman working in the video game section gave it to me and said it should be fine on games, but YMMV possibly since it's in the small text of exclusions :(

They didn't have any Dead Island in for the X360 btw (for the $25 gift card deal that starts the 25th), but she said they're getting a big shipment of stuff on Friday for the event.

I'll be stopping by to see what's available. I'm crossing my fingers they'll let me use it on a game if I find one I want, but I might go with some legos instead with their B2G1.

Xbox has the mobile kinect booth set up at Mall of America. I played several games.

Dance Central 2 - played one song solo and one song in a dance battle, the 2 player works REALLY good

Kinect Sports 2 - only got to play tennis, it felt like a VERY early build cause it didn't feel as good as table tennis in KS1

Star Wars Kinect - did the rancor scene, lol this game is a broken pos, we'll see if they ever get it to be fun

They also had the Disney kinect game but we didn't have time for it yesterday. Also for doing the demos they gave my wife and I each 480 points (enough for a HD movie download it said on the card) and 1 month code for xbox live.

So if you are near the MoA you can get some free months of xbl and some free points for doing some demos.

[quote name='theredworm']Xbox has the mobile kinect booth set up at Mall of America. I played several games.

Dance Central 2 - played one song solo and one song in a dance battle, the 2 player works REALLY good

Kinect Sports 2 - only got to play tennis, it felt like a VERY early build cause it didn't feel as good as table tennis in KS1

Star Wars Kinect - did the rancor scene, lol this game is a broken pos, we'll see if they ever get it to be fun

They also had the Disney kinect game but we didn't have time for it yesterday. Also for doing the demos they gave my wife and I each 480 points (enough for a HD movie download it said on the card) and 1 month code for xbox live.

So if you are near the MoA you can get some free months of xbl and some free points for doing some demos.[/QUOTE]

Do you know how long they are gonna be there and still hand out the points? Did it look like they were just setting up or dug in for the whole day?

[quote name='theredworm']Sept 1-dec 24 no idea how long they will give out points I got more today playing again.[/QUOTE]

Lmao, did they know it was you coming back to double dip?

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Lmao, did they know it was you coming back to double dip?[/QUOTE]

nope might try again tomorrow

got 4 months of xbl and $25 in msp for free in two days

[quote name='theredworm']nope might try again tomorrow

got 4 months of xbl and $25 in msp for free in two days[/QUOTE]

Sell one...? ;)

If I lived closer I would run over there.
Now that my Xbox account got hacked... I'm stuck using the wifes silver account... .. so I need to buy a one month gold till MS gets it figured out ( 25 days !!!! )
Guess I'll be using up my 48 hour codes...
But glad DC 2 works good, that's on my list.

[quote name='not2worried']Sell one...? ;)

If I lived closer I would run over there.
Now that my Xbox account got hacked... I'm stuck using the wifes silver account... .. so I need to buy a one month gold till MS gets it figured out ( 25 days !!!! )
Guess I'll be using up my 48 hour codes...
But glad DC 2 works good, that's on my list.[/QUOTE]

used em all already

[quote name='not2worried']Now that my Xbox account got hacked... I'm stuck using the wifes silver account... .. so I need to buy a one month gold till MS gets it figured out ( 25 days !!!! )[/QUOTE]

You didn't happen to be one of the many that Microsoft finally admitted got banned unjustifiably? Its pretty big news, but just in case you don't know, they reinstated a bunch of banned accounts and gave each account 3 months of Live and 1600 points. To see if you were affected, just try signing back in.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']You didn't happen to be one of the many that Microsoft finally admitted got banned unjustifiably? Its pretty big news, but just in case you don't know, they reinstated a bunch of banned accounts and gave each account 3 months of Live and 1600 points. To see if you were affected, just try signing back in.[/QUOTE]

No got home from a birthday party to see 10,000 point charge to my account and my account taken. Still can't figure out how the did it.

[quote name='not2worried']No got home from a birthday party to see 10,000 point charge to my account and my account taken. Still can't figure out how the did it.[/QUOTE]

Probably a social hack. That blows. I might have a some codes laying around the house, if I find one I'll send you a PM later.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Probably a social hack. That blows. I might have a some codes laying around the house, if I find one I'll send you a PM later.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate it.

Went to MoA today to check that Kinect booth out, my friend, girlfriend and i all got the 1 month and 480 points. Pretty awesome, and they said that the booth will be slowly getting more stuff (like songs to try on Dance Central 2) over the next few months they are there. XBL/Points seemed like they were drying up, so get em while you can.

Also, the Best Buy there had some :ps3:DC Universe LEs for $30. Its a great price for anyone who wants a disc in preparation for when it goes free. There was also a copy of :360:Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition for $20.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Went to MoA today to check that Kinect booth out, my friend, girlfriend and i all got the 1 month and 480 points. Pretty awesome, and they said that the booth will be slowly getting more stuff (like songs to try on Dance Central 2) over the next few months they are there. XBL/Points seemed like they were drying up, so get em while you can.

Also, the Best Buy there had some :ps3:DC Universe LEs for $30. Its a great price for anyone who wants a disc in preparation for when it goes free. There was also a copy of :360:Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition for $20.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, might have to do this. Wouldn't mind spending $3.50 for the bus if I could come out with a half year or so of LIVE. Guess where I'll be tomorrow!!!!

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Hmmm, might have to do this. Wouldn't mind spending $3.50 for the bus if I could come out with a half year or so of LIVE. Guess where I'll be tomorrow!!!![/QUOTE]

Half Year? Its only 1 month and 480 points ya get. You'd have to get six of em, and like I said it looked like what they had was dwindling. I'm sure they have more to put out, but there was next to none when I went there. Still, its worth going for that, since its technically a $16 value and you get to try out some new unreleased Kinect games.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Half Year? Its only 1 month and 480 points ya get. You'd have to get six of em, and like I said it looked like what they had was dwindling. I'm sure they have more to put out, but there was next to none when I went there. Still, its worth going for that, since its technically a $16 value and you get to try out some new unreleased Kinect games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a half year. I've got a whole day with nothing to do. Shouldn't be too difficult. I doubt that they are running out any time soon. What time did you go? Could have only had so many for the day. If they do run out, oh well. But I'm fairly sure they'll have more than enough.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Yeah, a half year. I've got a whole day with nothing to do. Shouldn't be too difficult. I doubt that they are running out any time soon. What time did you go? Could have only had so many for the day. If they do run out, oh well. But I'm fairly sure they'll have more than enough.[/QUOTE]

I went around 6:30pm

OooOoOoooH shit I'll have to go out to MoA when I go back to my house, it's only a 15 minute ride there.

Hopefully they'll still have goodies available! Where was it EXACTLY?!

[quote name='2DMention']Where was it EXACTLY?![/QUOTE]

It was on the first floor, below Best Buy near some signs that say Kinect :cool:. Seriously though, I understand the need for clarification (when we went, my friend bitched about how we'd have to look everywhere for it, lol), but if ya can't find it from that, you don't deserve the free swag :lol:.

bread's done
Back