Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='BudzMcGee']copy and paste the link I posted, CAG is doing something weird with the link making it not work directly.

forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/29/t/131260.aspx (copy and paste) will get you there.

I think it was all 480's, there might have been one "160" from a in-game code.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's just a link to the instructions. Ya, I did that and never got a PM. I assumed it was due to my redemption activity being a bunch of 480s and 160s and was concerned as to whether or not I should press the issue.

Did they respond to your post? They said they would only PM you if they needed more info. It took a couple of days for them to respond and then they said that the points should be there by the end of this weekend.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Did they respond to your post? They said they would only PM you if they needed more info. It took a couple of days for them to respond and then they said that the points should be there by the end of this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Nope, they never did (and I of course did so that they could PM me). I even made the thread like the same day they posted the instructions...

For those in the market for a cheap xbox.

Target in Woodbury on valley creek is clearancing out the old Lego batman / pure 120 gig elite bundles for the nice low price of 125.00 (about 8 of them) - not too bad on a new console, of course you can find used ones for around that much (let's face it, the bundled games are shovelware at this point) but a good deal... Pretty sure these are Jaspers as well...

Some more games on clearance at MOA best buy. Snapped a photo to put the prices up here but one of the photos sucks so I apologize if the prices are off a bit:

Xbox: Ace Combat 6 for $7, Band Hero for $7, Lego Batman for $8, Def Jam Rapstar for $15, Dead Space 2 for $20, Brutal Legend for $10

Wii: Namco Museum Megamix for $10, Spongebob something Bash for $10, DJ Hero for $5, Rock N Roll adventures for $10,

PS3: NBA Jam for $10, something Mayhem for $7, NBA 2k11 for $15, Bioshock for $7

NDS: Garfield funfest for $10, Lego Indiana Jones for I think $8, Michael Jackson experience for again I think $8.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Xbox: Ace Combat 6 for $7[/QUOTE]

Deal, I just bought the Ace Combat 6 Flight Stick from a friend for only $20; I needz this! Any MN CAGs that are planning to go tomorrow...can ya hide me a copy? I might not get a chance to go tomorrow, but I can later in the week.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Deal, I just bought the Ace Combat 6 Flight Stick from a friend for only $20; I needz this! Any MN CAGs that are planning to go tomorrow...can ya hide me a copy? I might not get a chance to go tomorrow, but I can later in the week.[/QUOTE]

There was quite a few of them and the mall won't be super busy over the next couple of days so you have a shot.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Most of the games I listed were still there as of 3pm today. Just FYI.[/QUOTE]

I was going to make a run to MoA Best Buy today; is the kinect booth still going on?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Goes till either Christmas or end of the month. Same 4 games are there though, there's been no change.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I thought it was still going on till christmas, just wasn't sure if they stopped giving out the points. Anyways, thanks for the info.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Some more games on clearance at MOA best buy. Snapped a photo to put the prices up here but one of the photos sucks so I apologize if the prices are off a bit:

Xbox: Ace Combat 6 for $7, Band Hero for $7, Lego Batman for $8, Def Jam Rapstar for $15, Dead Space 2 for $20, Brutal Legend for $10

Wii: Namco Museum Megamix for $10, Spongebob something Bash for $10, DJ Hero for $5, Rock N Roll adventures for $10,

PS3: NBA Jam for $10, something Mayhem for $7, NBA 2k11 for $15, Bioshock for $7

NDS: Garfield funfest for $10, Lego Indiana Jones for I think $8, Michael Jackson experience for again I think $8.[/QUOTE]

Also found that they had EA Active 2 Bundle for the PS3 for $10 (wish it was for the 360) and they also had a Killzone 3 Helghast Edition despite the fact the online stock said it was OoS when I placed my order for pickup in Northtown then spent over 2 hours trying to get it shipped closer to no avail. So I picked it up, but that means that Northtown will have one as soon as my order get cancelled (Dec 8th/9th)!

Hey, any Minnesota CAGs looking to get the Old Republic CE? I have one that I preordered, but don't really want anymore that I'd be willing to let go for $250 OBO. Not really a deal, but it is a chance to get something that is sold out everywhere. I could do local pickup too, if you met me somewhere. Please let me know!

Damn, I wish you had posted about the Uncharted CE last night, I'd have run right over. They were gone before you posted here, lol.
Roseville Best Buy has 6 Modern Warfare 3 Hardened editions for the PS3 sitting on the shelf. MSRP, but these things are getting hard to find.

Bah, would love to get AC6 for that cheap, but going to MoA during the Christmas season? My sanity is worth a little more than that.

[quote name='Idx86']Bah, would love to get AC6 for that cheap, but going to MoA during the Christmas season? My sanity is worth a little more than that.[/QUOTE]

The tales are greatly blown out of proportion. It's just not THAT busy.

Side note, I returned a copy of Just Cause 2 to the Lakeville Target yesterday if anyone wants to try and grab it for $8.98 which is what it should be now.

So I wanted to avoid seeking aid, but if any MN CAGs happen to see a Black Ops LE for the 360 at any gamestops relatively close to the Twin Cities, tell me. I checked the Crystal locations and figured I didn't care enough to keep going; just because its literally a gamble since the stock checking wont work for it.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']So I wanted to avoid seeking aid, but if any MN CAGs happen to see a Black Ops LE for the 360 at any gamestops relatively close to the Twin Cities, tell me. I checked the Crystal locations and figured I didn't care enough to keep going; just because its literally a gamble since the stock checking wont work for it.[/QUOTE]

Glad to at least see my CAG competition in Crystal is at least an Earthbound fan. :)

[quote name='pROvIs']Glad to at least see my CAG competition in Crystal is at least an Earthbound fan. :)[/QUOTE]

DAMN, I hope you were the one who beat me to Skies of Arcadia at the Crystal Center location. I saw it there 2 days ago, figured if it was still there it would be there till today for the 50%, went in way early and BAM, SOLD YESTERDAY!!

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']DAMN, I hope you were the one who beat me to Skies of Arcadia at the Crystal Center location. I saw it there 2 days ago, figured if it was still there it would be there till today for the 50%, went in way early and BAM, SOLD YESTERDAY!![/QUOTE]

Nope not me but great game. Played it on the Dreamcast and the Gamecube already though :). I generally hold off on console releases nowadays as I am more of a PC Gamer but I used to grab a lot from Target. Unfortunately, almost all of the ones in the immediate area don't have clearance like they used to have. The discounts just aren't as good and the selection is generally kids games, very old stuff, or hardly discounted.

[quote name='pROvIs']Nope not me but great game. Played it on the Dreamcast and the Gamecube already though :). I generally hold off on console releases nowadays as I am more of a PC Gamer but I used to grab a lot from Target. Unfortunately, almost all of the ones in the immediate area don't have clearance like they used to have. The discounts just aren't as good and the selection is generally kids games, very old stuff, or hardly discounted.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I've been trying to get the gamecube one for a few years, I should of just gotten it and return and re-bought it today....and ya I have not found any good target clearance either.

Well I got everything I wanted to complete all the gamecube games I want except...

Chaos Field (Didn't want to pay shipping)
Resident Evil 2 (Was on trade hold!!)
Skies of Arcadia (Someone sniped me!!)

Phantasy Star Online: Ep I & II Plus (Impossible to find in store)
Pokemon Box (Probably never at a gamestop)

...so if anyone fines these cheap local, please PM or something

EDIT: Found a complete copy of bloody roar around 7pm, so at least I got that before the sale ended

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone happens to find extra La Noire Complete Editions that are posted in the Target Clearance thread, please PM or post about it. Also, bump for previous post....

Any know if this Kinect demo is still at MOA?
This coming weekend my family and I are going to the MOA waterpark and then will be at the mall.
I would really like to try it out especially the Jedi Knight game and I could use the MS points.
Any information is helpful. thanks!!:)

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Went with my niece and nephews yesterday and they were giving them for demoing any of the games (my nephew got one for demoing the disneyland adventures game).

Tried the star wars jedi knight part of the demo (did the pod-racing one before) and it had some moments. The force pushed worked incredibly well, and the saber was so-so. Moving and using the force grab/throw was buggy though. Me and my nephew played it and there was actually one part where we totally ended up beating a guy using team work; you had to attack their backs so I kept attack his front to keep him from turning while my nephew attacked his back. Not great, but it had some moments that were pretty cool.

All told, tested a few games and got 2400 Microsoft points and 5 months of Gold. Probably make another trip in the near future.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='buff89']Any know if this Kinect demo is still at MOA?
This coming weekend my family and I are going to the MOA waterpark and then will be at the mall.
I would really like to try it out especially the Jedi Knight game and I could use the MS points.
Any information is helpful. thanks!!:)[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure its till the end of the year...but don't quote me on it. I was there about a week ago and it was still going on.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Pretty sure its till the end of the year...but don't quote me on it. I was there about a week ago and it was still going on.[/QUOTE]

Christmas Eve is what I last heard from someone working there, but could be wrong. Hope it's still going so some others can get in on it! I probably had at least 30 of each by the time I left for break! Great!

Thanks for info from both of you. I could have made it sooner but I thought better late than never. It might be never. If I do get a chance on trying it out I'll let you all know how it goes.

Kinect booth is closed. They were starting to dissemble it today. Kind weird really, the Mall is actually busier this week than the week leading up to Christmas, why not keep promoting one more week? Whatever. I got over $80 in free Microsoft points.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Kinect booth is closed. They were starting to dissemble it today. Kind weird really, the Mall is actually busier this week than the week leading up to Christmas, why not keep promoting one more week? Whatever. I got over $80 in free Microsoft points.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I've not gotten $80 free MS Points, well only if you dont count what I gave to friends.

Hey everyone, just figured I'd throw this out there (partly cause there hasn't been any activity in this thread since the Kinect demo at MOA ended lol), but I'm looking for writers for my site and would prefer to find some local people so I can meet them in person before bringing them onto the site. If anyone is interested in more info, click the image below:

Also, the MOA Best Buy had a bunch of random PC games and such on clearance. Nothing super noteworthy, but if you are a heavy PC gamer it might be worth stopping by to check out if you are there anyway (or nearby). It is pretty dead during the week this time of year too, so that's a bonus.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Also, the MOA Best Buy had a bunch of random PC games and such on clearance. Nothing super noteworthy, but if you are a heavy PC gamer it might be worth stopping by to check out if you are there anyway (or nearby). It is pretty dead during the week this time of year too, so that's a bonus.[/QUOTE]

I didn't figure to post it since it was the last copy, but I managed to get a :360:Record of the Agarest War Zero LE for $30 at the MoA location a couple of days ago. There was a few ok clearance items, but ya, nothing really worth mentioning.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Click the image in my post for more info.[/QUOTE]

That says that there's an "opportunity" for free games and review materials. Has anyone actually gotten any swag from writing on your site? I'd write just for swag. :lol:

[quote name='ReaperZER0']That says that there's an "opportunity" for free games and review materials. Has anyone actually gotten any swag from writing on your site? I'd write just for swag. :lol:[/QUOTE]

In the last year I've gotten quite a few free games, pretty much all downloadable stuff as that is just easier to get. It definitely varies by the platform, for example I've gotten at least 32 XBLIG's for free, and last summer I think I got every Summer of Arcade game for free except Fruit Ninja Kinect. Just some examples.

One writer was only on the site for roughly a month and a half and got I believe 4 PC games for free in that time, including The Witcher 2.

Our iPhone writer did an article every week for nearly six months and I would say that roughly 80% of all games he reviewed he got for free.

I've done a lot of gaming in the last year for free.

I say "opportunity" because what you get to review is directly related to how much work you put into it. I help the writers out, take advantage of contacts I've already made and show them how and who to talk to, but eventually "set them free" to find review materials on their own.

...so I think I won a Xbox and Kinect from that MoA Kinect Booth, because I just found one sitting on my doorstep claiming I won it through some Text to Win thing. So apart from bragging; maybe others won too, cause I got no notifications prior and had no idea, lol.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']...so I think I won a Xbox and Kinect from that MoA Kinect Booth, because I just found one sitting on my doorstep claiming I won it through some Text to Win thing. So apart from bragging; maybe others won too, cause I got no notifications prior and had no idea, lol.[/QUOTE]

Haha, awesome. Congrats!

Found the massive Resistance 3 PS Move set (comes with a sharpshooter, Move controller, nunchuck, and camera) on clearance for $75 (normally $150) at the downtown Minneapolis Target.

I grabbed the only copy there, but other stores might have it. Keep your eyes open.

Does anyone still have the Dragon Age Awakenings disc?
I moved the content to my USB stick, but the USB flaked and now the content is gone and I can't download it from the market place w/o having to pay there.

I will buy you at least a beer if you have it handy and wouldn't mind helping me out.

I called the xbox phone number and they're not at all willing to help me out.

The Burnsville Best Buy had 15 of the mayhem PS3 move bundles in stock at the clearance price of $60.

According to people I spoke with, they intend to ship a number of them to Saint Cloud soon, and the rest will stay at the store.

There's a good chance that if one of you wants one you'll be able to find several of them there tomorrow.

[quote name='jam919']anyone getting a Vita?[/QUOTE]

Was thinking about it, but read a post somewhere that made a good point; basically that the 3G version will probably bomb and thus get cheaper quick.

bread's done
Back