Mirror's Edge 2

serenitygod

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I didn't find any somewhat recent threads on the site here. When is Mirror's Edge 2 coming out? I know the first game needed to be longer, have better combat and multiplayer. I think the potential for a great sequel exists though. I even went to GS and they said, they had no release date for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']When I clicked on this thread, I thought it was about the upcoming Mass Effect 2 PS3.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Mirrors Edge was such an awesome game and the sound track was also very very good. I can only hope they do a sequel.[/QUOTE]

I actually think Mirror's Edge would have been a better game as a 3rd person game (like AssCreed)... in first person, nothing really felt right. I hated it.

I think I loved it so much because it wasn't like any other game I've ever played. I hate to retreat or run away from enemies in games and ME was nothing but that but it was quite unique. 3rd person view would be very cool, too. I always wanted to see the main character do the moves.

I mean, did they even announce a sequel? If I recall correctly, the game did not sell as well as they were expecting, I never heard them mention any possible sequel.

For what it's worth, they recently released a ME game for the ipod, and it's pretty damn fun.

[quote name='eastshore4']I mean, did they even announce a sequel? If I recall correctly, the game did not sell as well as they were expecting, I never heard them mention any possible sequel.

For what it's worth, they recently released a ME game for the ipod, and it's pretty damn fun.[/QUOTE]
They never officially "announced" it, per se, but they did confirm (in mid 2009) that they had a small team working on it, but AFAIK, there's been little to no mention of it since, and doubts as to if it even still exists.

And yes, I thought this thread was going to be about Mass Effect 2, too.

I was worried this thread was going to be about Mass Effect 2, but I still clicked as I had my hopes it was going to be about Mirrors Edge 2.

Im holding out for a sequel as well, but as Frisky said I dont think it has been officially announced.

Personally, its my favorite game of this entire generation. I could see the addition of multiplayer, something like the first game's time trials only with concurrent running instead of posting times. Being longer would also be nice, but I dont think I would change the combat. I think having a weak combat system was a brave design choice but really had to be done to create the gameplay experience they were going for.

I think I'm the only one that actually...liked the combat. The whole slo-motion disarming, the running drop-kicks, the wall-roundhosues, the sliding nut-punches...it just seemed to fit. The guns seemed a fair balance between getting you out of a tight spot and not over-powered enough that you felt like you had to stop and get every gun from every guy that you came across.

bread's done
Back