Feedback
77 (100%)
From Amazon.com:

iconxbox360.gif
Xbox 360 version

iconps3.gif
PS3 version

Last edited by a moderator:
Great game, though a bit short to buy at even this great price. I think I clocked in at around 5-6 hours. It is fun the whole way through, but you would be best served renting this and putting the money towards a longer, more satisfying title.

I think this is a universal drop. I saw this price on the 360 version at Target the other day (forgot to check PS3) and Gamestop.com has both at $40 New - $35 Used.

I think I'm going to hold off a little bit longer and maybe snag a used one when the 360 coupon comes around again in the Gamestop email.

its 34.99 used on gamestop, couple that w/ the 10% coupon and the CAG16, use saver shipping and its 28.xx out the door w/ shipping and tax.

[quote name='BillyBob29']I can wait for sub-$20 prices.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I want to try it, but with RE 5 coming out this isn't in my budget right now.

[quote name='thextreme1']Great game, though a bit short to buy at even this great price. I think I clocked in at around 5-6 hours. It is fun the whole way through, but you would be best served renting this and putting the money towards a longer, more satisfying title.[/quote]

i clocked about 30 hours. i think the actual meat of the game is not the story mode, but beating the speedruns and time trials. definitely recommended if you're interested in competing on leaderboards to see how fast you can get through a level - otherwise, yeah it's a short campaign.

Great concept for a game but it felt a little too constricted. I enjoyed it though. I would not pay $40 for this game. This is more like a $15 spot.

I think I could be very happy with a $25 or lower price point on this. But thanks for posting!

I expect this, as well as a LOT of games, to keep on dropping. People are spending less and fringe games are especially hurting. Which is a shame since it's great to EA taking chances...

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I think this is a universal drop. I saw this price on the 360 version at Target the other day (forgot to check PS3) and Gamestop.com has both at $40 New - $35 Used.

I think I'm going to hold off a little bit longer and maybe snag a used one when the 360 coupon comes around again in the Gamestop email.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking.

[quote name='stack9902']its 34.99 used on gamestop, couple that w/ the 10% coupon and the CAG16, use saver shipping and its 28.xx out the door w/ shipping and tax.[/quote]

ah, ty. Under $30 seems reasonable to me, not so much 40+ though ;)

[quote name='Organ Donor']I like this game, but its too short and isn't worth $40 to me.[/quote]Yet your gamer profile shows Gears of War, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and other games which all have the same length as Mirror's Edge. This seems to be a case of you merely listening to fud passed around by gamers who've never played the game themselves.

[quote name='Firestorm']Yet your gamer profile shows Gears of War, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and other games which all have the same length as Mirror's Edge. This seems to be a case of you merely listening to fud passed around by gamers who've never played the game themselves.[/QUOTE]

My friends and I played and beat Mirrors Edge in about 7 hours. It was a fun game, but I wasn't very impressed due to its length and the lack of replayability.

And for you to even attempt to compare Mirror's Edge to Gears, Halo, or COD4 makes me chuckle.

The game just dropped to $29.99 about 2 minutes ago. (I had it in my cart and was going back and forth to another item and got the message :lol:)

[quote name='Maklershed']The game just dropped to $29.99 about 2 minutes ago. (I had it in my cart and was going back and forth to another item and got the message :lol:)[/QUOTE]

I saw that. Definitely interested in picking this up now. I loved the demo and played it several times. I could see myself replaying the speed runs for sure, so short campaign mode is not a huge concern for me.

I wonder if it will sell as well now at Amazon as it seems to have done at Target on clearance for $27.98. Woosh, gone at all my local stores within a week.

I liked this game a lot. Don't know why it got so much flack, it tried something new and did a very good job, in my opinion.

yes indeed, the game is 29.99 MSRP
I thought I was getting a deal when CC had it at 40% off the 60 but, I should have gotten dead space instead.

I just bought this from family video for 19.99 used. The thread is around here somewhere.

I just checked the site and they don't have it used anymore. Their price for new is 36.99

This was $29.99 at my local Best Buy today if anyone prefers buying in-store. I had it in my hand but changed my mind. I'm pretty sure this is a game I'll be able to get for $20.

[quote name='Organ Donor']My friends and I played and beat Mirrors Edge in about 7 hours. It was a fun game, but I wasn't very impressed due to its length and the lack of replayability.

And for you to even attempt to compare Mirror's Edge to Gears, Halo, or COD4 makes me chuckle.[/quote]There was quite a bit of replayability. The game is actually set up to be more fun on subsequent playthroughs. Even the length is kept short so you're able to replay it many times. It's much like an old school platformer in that regard.

I don't know why it's weird to compare it to those three titles. I enjoyed Mirror's Edge more than any of them.

I agree. It's a fun game but better as a rental. That's what I did. Beat it in a couple of days and no need to replay it. Unless you love playing speed-runs.

[quote name='Firestorm']I don't know why it's weird to compare it to those three titles. I enjoyed Mirror's Edge more than any of them.[/quote]
Those three have online multiplayer, which extends the amount of fun you can get out of the game indefinitely; Mirror's Edge does not.

For those looking for a ~$25 price point and aren't concerned about DLC, dvd.co.uk and thehut.com are selling the 360 and PS3 versions of Mirror's Edge for about $25 USD, including shipping to the United States.

I can't speak for dvd.co.uk, but I've used thehut.com for Ratchet ToD and Uncharted (under $30 USD each!) and had them in my hands within a week or so of ordering.

With the new price drop, I'm hoping amazon has this as a DOTD at some point for $20ish. $30 still seems like too much for such a short game, although I loved the demo.

Wow, this is so tempting. I guess I'll wait a bit longer since the price will inevitably drop again. $20 is the tipping point for me.

Won't buy it for more than $20. I want to buy the DLC when I get the game meaning when the game is at $20 bucks I'm looking at it as more of a $30 purchase.

[quote name='BillyBob29']I can wait for sub-$20 prices.[/quote]

Ditto.

Loved the demo, definitely want the game. My Target has looooooooooots of copies left, so apparently no one knows anything about the game. Hoping it will last long enough to make it to the clearance rack.

[quote name='PJSkiboy']Ditto.

Loved the demo, definitely want the game. My Target has looooooooooots of copies left, so apparently no one knows anything about the game. Hoping it will last long enough to make it to the clearance rack.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version is already on clearance at Target. Check the Target clearance thread. I think it's coming down from it's original MSRP of 59.99 though.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I think this is a universal drop. I saw this price on the 360 version at Target the other day (forgot to check PS3) and Gamestop.com has both at $40 New - $35 Used.

I think I'm going to hold off a little bit longer and maybe snag a used one when the 360 coupon comes around again in the Gamestop email.[/quote]

I saw the same price at target yesterday for the PS3 version.

Anyone have the chance to play both versions? which one would you recommend? i played the demo for the ps3 and liked it, just wondering if it would control/feel better with the 360.

bread's done
Back