Misconceptions about your work.

thats what i make in 2 weeks $600, but i imagine between digging the holes and everything else you work more than i do in 2 weeks in 1 day

Well, we try to get ten hour days, but sometimes it's eight, sometimes it's eleven or whatthefuckever. It's three days on and one day off for us, though I think four-and-ones are still the standard in the industry.

[quote name='IRHari']WHy don't you pay anything towards your healthcare hmm? HMMM????? Or your pension HMMM??[/QUOTE]

The percentage that teachers pay in varies from state to state. My state is in the bottom 10% of pay and benefits :(

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Sounds just like public accounting! Though I lucked out with an awesome firm that doesn't give a shit about it.[/QUOTE]

I really doubt this. Please don't try to equate what you do with being an attorney.

I highly doubt you lucked out with an awesome firm since you yourself are a fucking idiot and a huge bitch at that. No firm worth a fuck would hire you.

[quote name='wesdw369']most walgreens are exactly the same or damn close now, they like to keep it safe in case of a robbery and to monitor it, cvs and other pharmacies are usually open viewed where you can see the workers working.

and also remember the techs do a chunk of the work, then the pharmacist goes behind them and checks everything again, then you have patients who need to ask questions, along with everything else everyone else has mentioned, theres alot of reasons why it takes so long (my wife was a pharmacy tech for about 3 1/2 years at cvs and ive worked at walgreens twice now once for 2 years on the front end and just got rehired about a week and a half ago for a position where im all over the store)

but yea theres alot you dont see when theres a wall with only 3 windows you can see through[/QUOTE]

Does the pharmacist actually make drugs any more (compound), or does it all come on the truck?

[quote name='2DMention']Does the pharmacist actually make drugs any more (compound), or does it all come on the truck?[/QUOTE]

Pharmacists still make compounds. At my pharmacy, the pharmacists and/or compounding technicians make about 5 compounds daily.

A couple of months ago, during flu season, there was a major shortage of liquid Tamiflu. Most pharmacies had to compound the medication using the capsules.

[quote name='Strell']TC I want to come plant trees with you one season.

No that's not a euphemism. You people are sick.[/QUOTE]
I, uh... I really can't recommend it.

Being a pimp requires odd hours, tiresome networking, and occasional confrontation.

However, contrary to the popular misconception, it is by far the easiest job I've ever had.

[quote name='usickenme']Architect-People think we draw 90% of the time and spend the other 10% shopping for funky glasses. The problem is most architects are all too willing to cultivate this image.

I spend maybe 20% of the time on any project actually drawing and maybe 2% of that is by hand. Yet, clients think drawings are our only product[/QUOTE]

Could you give someone a ballpark number on how much construction would cost based on the floor plans? I just got some plans from my architect and I'm trying to figure out how much this is really going to cost.

Bank teller - involves a LOT of money counting, people trying to get over on you, family members trying to steal from one another, ID theft like crazy, and the like. on top of that, we also get secret shoppers and frequent policy changes which ...can be frustrating for us and the customer.
Also, if you become a teller, you WILL have disdain for the elderly, grandma / grandpa is not so sweet when they enter the bank. ive had my window smacked with a cane, yelled at, a cup of piss dropped off in my slot, people crapping themselves (well, not their fault...mostly), and also the frequent berating. 9/10 it's because we ask for ID

...but hey, it's a job.

[quote name='LuckyFurby']Bank teller - involves a LOT of money counting, people trying to get over on you, family members trying to steal from one another, ID theft like crazy, and the like. on top of that, we also get secret shoppers and frequent policy changes which ...can be frustrating for us and the customer.
Also, if you become a teller, you WILL have disdain for the elderly, grandma / grandpa is not so sweet when they enter the bank. ive had my window smacked with a cane, yelled at, a cup of piss dropped off in my slot, people crapping themselves (well, not their fault...mostly), and also the frequent berating. 9/10 it's because we ask for ID

...but hey, it's a job.[/QUOTE]

:lol: The same goes for anyone in retail/face to face customer service.

[quote name='Ed_']:lol: The same goes for anyone in retail/face to face customer service.[/QUOTE]

ive done retail and people service for close to 10 years :D ... oh gosh that's sad! haha

bread's done
Back