Misleading Advertising

donkeydrop

CAGiversary!
Does anyone find the promotions around the XBL game Bastion to be very deceptive? Right when you start up your 360 it says "Check out Bastion, get a free game". A literal interpretation would be that I get a free game just for trying the demo of Bastion, but OK I'm not that naive. It does seem pretty clear though that if I buy Bastion I should get a free game. But no, I have to buy 5 games!

Microsoft may claim they are referring to the promotion on the Microsoft Store where you really do get a free game, The Maw. Of course it doesn't tell you this on Xbox Live, and buying through XBL doesn't count, and you can't use your existing MS points.

The whole thing seems disgusting to me and made me hesitate to buy Bastion even though I fully intended to buy it before I even heard about any free game promotion. Way to go Microsoft.

I completely agree. It's so misleading! And on top of that, the other games you have to buy are all pretty lame. Really, you're better off just buying the game you want rather than buying all 5.

bread's done
Back