Miss out on a PS3 Bundle? Best Buy might be your last chance. Site2Store

I have a copy of Zelda Wind Waker for Gamecube that says "not for resale." I bought it used at GameStop. Nothing wrong with putting those things on the used market. It is to prevent stores from splitting up bundles. Candy bars and soft drinks do much the same.

As far as bundle preference, at least we PS3 buyers have a choice!

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']So, what happens if you purchased online and did in-store pickup with regards to that $30 service fee? I mean, I paid online and paid in full, so when I go to retrieve my cyber-purchase, I shouldn't expect to be charged this additional fee, correct?

It just seems odd and a definite deal breaker for me.

Oh, and this was my 3rd PS3 bundle choice. I hesitated on both the Gamestop and Amazon bundles earlier today. Stupid on my part, but I was glad to see this deal was available again. All boils down to personal taste and what games I already own (BAA) for the 360.[/QUOTE]

damn you were thinking twice on the ps3 bundles deals?...i mean...TWICE?
Amazon was clearly the online winner with Walmart not far behind.

As for your order, depending on what best buy you are picking it up. When you go pick it up all you have to do is bring your order receipt that you have to print , id of the person behind the credit card, the credit card you used, and the person whose credit card belongs to.
You shouldnt be charge an extra fee, just be aware however, that your bundle may have been opened and you are actually paying for a used item then a new.

If that isnt a problem for you, enjoy your buy. cause i sure as hell didnt, i am still waiting for a better ps3 bundle.fuck best buy.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']So, what happens if you purchased online and did in-store pickup with regards to that $30 service fee? I mean, I paid online and paid in full, so when I go to retrieve my cyber-purchase, I shouldn't expect to be charged this additional fee, correct?

It just seems odd and a definite deal breaker for me.
.[/QUOTE]

Order online for in-store pickup. If they try to charge you a setup fee simply say no, you'd like the item as stated when you bought the item. If anyone gives you ANY grief about it, ask for a manager. When they arrive, ask them to write down their full name, and the name and number of their district manager.

I will guarantee you that will make the manager freak, and immediately remove the $30 charge. It sounds like one manager at a local store wanted to boost his numbers by taking advantage of ignorant customers. It isn't corporate policy, and once you bring corporate into the conversation their tone will instantly change.

As for the bundles and who the "clear winner" is: it all comes down to what games you want. I bought a best buy bundle because I would have bought those two games no matter what. Find a bundle with games you like, and buy it. Don't let $15-$20 in sales tax keep you from ending up with the games you want.

Good advice on the $30 charge stuff, thanks guys. I don't foresee it being an issue, I can raise some hell if I need to.

But, I am a little concerned about the new/used bullsh@t though. I"m not buying a used system, refurbished or not. Screw that crap. If there is any indication my unit is used, it's going back.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Good advice on the $30 charge stuff, thanks guys. I don't foresee it being an issue, I can raise some hell if I need to.

But, I am a little concerned about the new/used bullsh@t though. I"m not buying a used system, refurbished or not. Screw that crap. If there is any indication my unit is used, it's going back.[/QUOTE]

The bundles just arrived in stores today. Returned units with the outer seal broken are supposed to be shipped back to MS to be resold as refurbished. There is a single piece of rather sticky tape on the top. If that has been peeled back you'll be able to tell instantly.

Just remember the golden rule: if you think they are trying to be shady, ask for a manager, then get him to put everything in print and sign it. Works every time....

That's messed up about the $30 "service" fee. I'll be pissed too if they tried to pull that crap.

I hesitated earlier when this deal was online cause I was waiting to see what the second Amazon bundle was, which in the end didn't exist.

I had the Killzone/Infamous bundle in my cart but I have no interest in KZ and really wanted Little Big Planet. Plus I got Batman AA for $20 on Amazon via Discover deal.

So by waiting I save $10 on shipping and with using Discover Cards shopping site I get 10% cash back from BB so that takes care of tax and almost enough left over if I wanted to get Dark Knight BR (though I already own the DVD version.)

[quote name='outunderstars']The bundles just arrived in stores today. Returned units with the outer seal broken are supposed to be shipped back to MS to be resold as refurbished. [/QUOTE]

I'm sure MICROSOFT will get a kick out of best buy sending them all their returned PS3s. :)

As far as "not for resale" items being sold by retailers, Amazon sent me an unwrapped lego indiana jones/kung fu panda double disc that had a barcode sticker slapped over the "not for resale" part. Not sure how that got in their stock since I ordered lego indiana, but somebody apparently separated it from the 360 bundle and put a barcode on it.

And I think these PS3 bundles are just the start of stockpiles we will soon see. 4 out of the 6 best buys near me now have apparently restocked their supply. I think a lot of people who didn't even want a ps3 bought one this week due to 2 free games, but I doubt the momentum will last, especially if the price gets set at $350.

[quote name='scottman']
And I think these PS3 bundles are just the start of stockpiles we will soon see. 4 out of the 6 best buys near me now have apparently restocked their supply. I think a lot of people who didn't even want a ps3 bought one this week due to 2 free games, but I doubt the momentum will last, especially if the price gets set at $350.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if these bundles stay at $300 (like MS's past bundles) through the holiday.

Hell, you might be able to get this bundle at $300 plus a bonus as we get closer (or past) Xmas.

Why? Sony is seriously playing catchup.

http://gamerinvestments.com/video-g...9/11/npd-accumulated-harware-sold-10-2009.jpg

Apparently the PS3 had a nice little spike in Sept. (barely edged out Wii and 360 for the first time) only to lose its mo in Oct.

http://gamerinvestments.com/video-g...uploads/2009/11/npd-monthly-sales-10-2009.jpg

It's really hard to believe how badly Sony dropped the ball in this generation. Especially considering how many people purchased a PS3 with its BR capability in mind.

[quote name='redshadow']I doubt people will pay more because a case says "not for resale."[/QUOTE]
you can trade in these bundled games at gamestop and other stores like that as well. Its just to stop people from putting these games on the shelves as new at retail shops.

Plenty of these bundles (probably 40+) left at Best Buy Porter Ranch today for the $299 price. Just make sure to not grab one of the non-bundled 250gb units located right next to the pile...

They also have bundles that have an extra controller and HDMI cable stuck to the box for "only" $100 more....that's the ANTI-DEAL for people who don't like to save money I guess.

Saw a guy buying a PS3 system in line in front of me at Best Buy tonight. It was the regular 120gb model, no games included. After I checked out and was leaving, I noticed a stack of PS3 systems near the enter/exit middle section.....all of which were the bundle systems. Poor sucker bought the PS3 and missed out on the free games.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Saw a guy buying a PS3 system in line in front of me at Best Buy tonight. It was the regular 120gb model, no games included. After I checked out and was leaving, I noticed a stack of PS3 systems near the enter/exit middle section.....all of which were the bundle systems. Poor sucker bought the PS3 and missed out on the free games.[/QUOTE]

Hey when I was at BB of Friday I saw a guy doing the same thing buying one for his bro and he had gotten the wrong one. Though unlike you I didn't laugh at him I mentioned it to him and told him where the the bundle ones where. I don't like seeing someone getting ripped off ad BB as they had the bundles right next to the regular 120gb probably for obvious reasons. They had plenty of them around 4 Friday Afternoon. I went tonight and the only thing I saw was one of the special xboxes left with games. No PS3 bundles left.

[quote name='3rdbass']Hey when I was at BB of Friday I saw a guy doing the same thing buying one for his bro and he had gotten the wrong one. Though unlike you I didn't laugh at him I mentioned it to him and told him where the the bundle ones where. I don't like seeing someone getting ripped off ad BB as they had the bundles right next to the regular 120gb probably for obvious reasons. They had plenty of them around 4 Friday Afternoon. I went tonight and the only thing I saw was one of the special xboxes left with games. No PS3 bundles left.[/QUOTE]

Well, smart guy, I didn't see the bundles until I was exiting the store, nor was I laughing at him for getting the non-bundled system. I had actually been back in the PS3 section earlier to get Call of Juarez and all they had back there was regular systems. Apparently your reading comprehension is severely lacking.

ordered this bundle last monday and got it on wednesday. when they had it for silver members early. such a great bundle. i love it. anyone who doesnt have a ps3 should jump on this asap. your not going to find a better deal like this until next november.

mix master, you didn't laugh but calling him a sucker instead of trying to help wasn't the kindest thing you could have done in the situation, your not obligated to tell him woulda been nice is all.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Well, smart guy, I didn't see the bundles until I was exiting the store, nor was I laughing at him for getting the non-bundled system. I had actually been back in the PS3 section earlier to get Call of Juarez and all they had back there was regular systems. Apparently your reading comprehension is severely lacking.[/QUOTE]

Calling him poor sucker instead of helping him out sure seems to be a person that doesn't care about helping out others. Hey my reading comprehension is fine as I just like to help out people not as informative as myself. A lot of people really are just buying these as gifts for family or friends and aren't as privileged as you and I in knowing what is in the package. I just hate these big chains trying to take advantage of uninformed customers. They put the regular PS3's right next to the signage for the special bundles for obvious reasons. The gentlemen that I helped out and his g/f really thought the games were already included based on the pics on the side which were just advertisements for other games to be played on the PS3. Lighten up man.

[quote name='Dark niwa']mix master, you didn't laugh but calling him a sucker instead of trying to help wasn't the kindest thing you could have done in the situation, your not obligated to tell him woulda been nice is all.[/QUOTE]

Holy smokes! Let me break this down for you to see if you understand. The guy was in front of me in line, actually 2 people in front of me.. I noticed the bundles as I was exiting the store, so it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to deduct that the guy had already paid and was gone by that time. I called him a poor sucker because he missed out on the free games....he got suckered. Are you guys drunk or just THAT stupid?

3rdbass, read this 10 times in a row and maybe it will start to sink in a little...lol.
"Well, smart guy, I didn't see the bundles until I was exiting the store, nor was I laughing at him for getting the non-bundled system. I had actually been back in the PS3 section earlier to get Call of Juarez and all they had back there was regular systems."

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Holy smokes! Let me break this down for you to see if you understand. The guy was in front of me in line, actually 2 people in front of me.. I noticed the bundles as I was exiting the store, so it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to deduct that the guy had already paid and was gone by that time. I called him a poor sucker because he missed out on the free games....he got suckered. Are you guys drunk or just THAT stupid?

3rdbass, read this 10 times in a row and maybe it will start to sink in a little...lol.
"Well, smart guy, I didn't see the bundles until I was exiting the store, nor was I laughing at him for getting the non-bundled system. I had actually been back in the PS3 section earlier to get Call of Juarez and all they had back there was regular systems."[/QUOTE]

Well you sure use the wrong word to convey your message. You could of just of said poor guy instead of what you called him. Hey I just like to help out the misinformed as I'm a well informed Cag reader and felt good since the gentlemen that I advised was buying it for his younger brother.

Good for you. I would have mentioned the bundle to this cat if I had seen them ahead of time. Next time you need to refrain from jumping on somebody and making stuff up when you obviously have no idea what you are even responding to.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Good for you. I would have mentioned the bundle to this cat if I had seen them ahead of time. Next time you need to refrain from jumping on somebody and making stuff up when you obviously have no idea what you are even responding to.[/QUOTE]

Well next time you should refrain from calling people stupid or drunk.

Dude, a 6 year old could have plainly understood what I posted. I'm sorry, but if you didn't understand it then you have a problem. Of course, in the version you read I was laughing. I guess I missed that version....must have been a "Limited Edition." lol

[quote name='evilsuperman33']At the Walmart I work for more than 30 Ps3 infamous, batman bundles left for the ps3.[/QUOTE]

Now that is an even better bundle, IMO. I did see 2 or 3 of those behind the glass case at Wally's last night.

Sweet! So these bundles might still be in stock in various locations of BB and WM? I thought I missed out on Friday. I'll have to check out some BB's and WMs really quick and hopefully score one!

I bought (2) of the PS3 bundles at Gamestop yesterday. Both had the stickers on the outside of the box indicating that they included God of War Collection & Little Big Planet GOTY.

Guess what? One bundle had the games in it...the other did not.

I called Gamestop, and their response was to call Sony. fuck that! I just had spent $700 in their store (I bought a few other things too), and they tell me to fuckin' call Sony! There is a message into the district manager now, but I've had no response yet. I guess I'll have to escalate it to corporate if they don't resolve this promptly.

I'm just glad some little kid didn't get this bundle for their Christmas present, imagine the disappointment!

Could you tell if it had been opened or if it was just a packaging error? That really sucks.

I bought the WT w/ 2 Les Paul's at Target for $24 and it had no game. Though I didn't really care since I just wanted the guitars.

[quote name='icedrake523']Could you tell if it had been opened or if it was just a packaging error? That really sucks.

I bought the WT w/ 2 Les Paul's at Target for $24 and it had no game. Though I didn't really care since I just wanted the guitars.[/QUOTE]

I believe it was just a packaging error. But still for Gamestop to tell me to deal with Sony is just wrong. They are the ones that have the relationship with Sony, not me. I've probably spent close to $10,000 at Gamestop this year and bring in a ton of trades, I pointed this out to them and they are already aware of how much business I do with them. It's just crazy that they wouldn't resolve it immediately, I believe most other retailers would have.

These were early Christmas presents for my kids, and now the systems are staying in their boxes until Gamestop resolves this. Fortunately, we already have a couple of PS3's and its not like my kids can't play on one of the other systems. These were so they could have one in their bedrooms too...spoiled brats I guess.

bread's done
Back