Missing Colon in Game Search Causes Problem

Gooney Gu Gu

CAGiversary!
I just noticed this issue while updating my wishlist. For instance, if you searched 'Saints Row The Third' your results list will not contain the correct game. By typing instead, 'Saints Row: The Third' with the colon in place after the word 'Row' the results list will return the correct game.

I tried a few other searches like 'Assassin's Creed Brotherhood' which should also have a colon, but so far 'Saints Row The Third' is the only title I have found, that will cause this issue consistently.

I'll post an update if I run into this problem with any other games.

I've ran into this problem with a handful of games as well, one of which being Saints Row: The Third as well. Most recently it was with the new Warhammer game I saw at E3. The game is officially "Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine" and if you don't type exactly that, you aren't gonna find it.

I'd like to add to this. It is sometimes very difficult to find a game due to slightly mismatched search criteria.

Is there any way to broaden the search result to include similar spellings? For example, "ratchet and clank" and "ratchet & clank" produce entirely different results, while "ratchet clank" produces 0 hits. "two worlds 2" produces 2 hits, while "two worlds II" produces 6 different hits.

It is also difficult to find anything if you are too specific. Like AngryDragon888 said, if you elaborate too much, you are returned 0 results. Simply typing "Warhammer" will give you the result in a list, but "warhammer space marine" returns nothing. Is it possible to truncate searches without direct hits to find approximate matches? Something like "Warhammer space marine not found. Showing results for Warhammer." A search for "Agarest War Naughty Edition" would return "Agarest War" when no results are found, etc.

Also, can the filters for the game browser be added to the game collection page? The ability to add games from your collection page through a search is nice, but it would be great if there were a way to limit search results by platform.

Bumping this thread again to say that someone has now added another version of "Two Worlds 2" to the game database because they couldn't find it. This will keep happening for all games as long as the search results are based on exact match. Searching for "Two Worlds" finds all of the multiple entries for Two Worlds II, but people won't realize that's a requirement and continue to duplicate entries.

I'd heard it was difficult to find a game without a colon ...

(Couldn't resist.)

Yeah, I've had this problem lots of places, like searching for the DS game 999 pretty much anyway. GoHastings, Goozex, Glyde, you name it, problems abound.

bread's done
Back