Mitsubishi DLP Replacement Bulb?

Zmonkay

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Hey all, I have a Mitsubishi DLP model # WD65476 that is starting to flicker, and I'm afraid it may be time to replace the bulb (TV says it has ~ 6200 hrs on it).

1. Anyone recommend a place to get bulbs or good deals? The local vendor I purchased it from has them at 139.00 + tax.

2. Also, has anyone changed one before? Looks pretty simple from what I saw online, anything to watch out for?

Thanks in advance!

How long have you owned it?

If you have the part number you can try ebay. If you want to buy some time, you can try removing the bulb from the TV and gently cleaning the dust out of it and the socket with canned air.

I own one but I haven't had to replace a bulb yet, I've heard its pretty easy.

Ive exchanged a bunch of those bulbs...they are extremely easy to do. Just don't touch the actual light part as the oils in your hands will get on the bulbs and heat up which will destroy the bulb, then you'll be buying a new one. The actual light part is small and you can touch the plastic casing without worry.

It should go in and out 1 way so you don't have to worry about putting it in wrong.

Ebay would be the best bet as the manufacturer will cost you a lot more.

Thanks guys, glad to know they're not hard to change. I think I'll try as you suggested and keep an eye on ebay. It's been a little over 2 years, but it's on almost constantly if I'm home (it's my PC monitor too).

Maybe someday this week I'll see about cracking it open and cleaning the dust out. Probably filthy.

bread's done
Back