Mk Ds...wtf????

gaelan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
to start off, this is my second or third race. i was fucking dale earnhart of mario kart 64, so i know the rules and variables involved...anyways, i am in last place for the entire race. the hard thing to swallow is that i had the mushroom with the crown, star, and some other mercy items that they give sorry ass racers like myself. i'm am on the ass of the points leader the whole time using the everlasting mushroom and the 2-3 stars that i picked up, yet i never fucking pass him:bomb::bomb::bomb:

can someone explain how the guy in front of me is able to outpace multiple stars and that crazy mushroom boost?

btw, i was kong and the other guy was toadstool

yup, was probably snaking. What was his record?

I also was dead race car guy on the console MKs, but i just don't have what it takes on the handhelds for some reason.

[quote name='Fire']Let's see, you were Kong and probably the guy was snaking or something.[/quote]

so being kong totally negates any star power or mushroom boosts on a straight away like the cow farm track? seems silly...am i just forced to be a smaller kart if i want to win a race?

also wtf is snaking?

[quote name='Strell']And there's your second problem.

:)[/quote]

well if snaking is power sliding with the shoulder button, the no it is not a problem. i feel like i'm pretty good with that technique. something is off when we are in a straight run and i'm boosting with mushrooms and stars and he is still going faster

You might want to try Egg 1 as your cart and Yoshi as your driver.

Edit: That's not snaking, though you're getting close to it.

Snaking is when you power slide repeatedly down a striaght stretch of road. Since this requires movement to the left and then to the right of the straightaway, it makes a "snaking" pattern, which has given the technique it's name.

So it's powersliding, but not around a curve.

[quote name='suko_32']You might want to try Egg 1 as your cart and Yoshi as your driver.

Edit: That's not snaking, though you're getting close to it.[/quote]

can someone please explain snaking

[quote name='Strell']Snaking is when you power slide repeatedly down a striaght stretch of road. Since this requires movement to the left and then to the right of the straightaway, it makes a "snaking" pattern, which has given the technique it's name.

So it's powersliding, but not around a curve.[/quote]

WOW that sounds stupid...so you get the repeated boost of powersliding on a straightaway?

Why would you call it stupid when it obviously is the secret to mad pwnedge at MK?

And yes, if you thus powerslide to a boost, then you would boost down the damn runway.

i guess it sucks because this game seemed more like MK64 than DD did (which i didn't like). i was hoping the online would be close to my 4 player MK64 experiences, but this snaking seems cheap. i guess i'll try to get the hang of the snaking tech since it will obviously be necessary to compete but it still seems stupid...i mean why the hell would you power slide on a straightaway and if you did how the hell could it give you more speed. it defies physics i tell you but so does a monkey riding a rhino kart.

well, it seems i can snake fairly well. every single match i've played tonight has people in it that appear to be using this snaking technique. i've read some older posts about this topic that mentioned not alot of people do it maybe like 15%. does this still hold true? i've yet to play a match without snaking. i guess i'll go back to practicing it. three main complaints about it:
1. my hands hurt
2. makes boosting items useless
3. seems silly...MK64 you had to know the track/shortcuts and you knew how to power slide. this seems more of a competition of who can get their slide on the most...i just wanted to race with this title not develop carpal tunnel syndrome from moving left to right repeatedly.

[quote name='gaelan']well, it seems i can snake fairly well. every single match i've played tonight has people in it that appear to be using this snaking technique. i've read some older posts about this topic that mentioned not alot of people do it maybe like 15%. does this still hold true? i've yet to play a match without snaking. i guess i'll go back to practicing it. three main complaints about it:
1. my hands hurt
2. makes boosting items useless
3. seems silly...MK64 you had to know the track/shortcuts and you knew how to power slide. this seems more of a competition of who can get their slide on the most...i just wanted to race with this title not develop carpal tunnel syndrome from moving left to right repeatedly.[/quote]

Snaking is easier with the DS lite since the D pad is more responsive than the NDS Dpad. and it's quite simple to snake. just drift and count in your head "1,2,1,2" while you're pressing the left and right directionals. Make sure to move your thumb up, instead of smothering the dpad while snaking, it's harder to do it that way.

[quote name='musicnoteless']Snaking is easier with the DS lite since the D pad is more responsive than the NDS Dpad. and it's quite simple to snake. just drift and count in your head "1,2,1,2" while you're pressing the left and right directionals. Make sure to move your thumb up, instead of smothering the dpad while snaking, it's harder to do it that way.[/quote]

i got the hang of it and thank goodness. all the races i played last night required snaking to just keep up...it seems all the cool kids are doing it. for me, i can honestly say this sucks alot of the fun out of the gameplay.

I quit playing Mario Kart online because every single time I was close to winning everyone quit. I would always be the last one against whoever was winning and if I were to come close to beating him he'd quit too.

I dont have MK but i feel like an elite member of a special club after learning what snaking is.
On a side note it really pisses me off when you kick the shit out of people on Tony Hawk and the little bitches just disconnect, without even trying. I wish you could talk to the people you are playing. I have a few words for these fuckers.

[quote name='DeathDealer']I dont have MK but i feel like an elite member of a special club after learning what snaking is.[/quote]

google snaking in mario kart...we are not elite. we are the minority. i think i'm giving up on this game. its great for the nostalgia of my old MK64 courses and the single player is cool, but without a buddy to compete against its replay value is low once all the cups are unlocked. the online is good in concept but the snaking (not racing) just isn't my cup of tea.

The Star is weak on MKDS compared to other Mario Karts IMO.

Not to be rude but I also used to played way to much Mario Kart 64 and to call yourself the Dale Earnhardt of Mario Kart 64 and to give up so early on MKDS just because of Snaking just dosen't add up.

You should try a different cart if you haven't already like somebody else mentioned as not all karts are equal in MKDS. Egg, Dry Bomber or even the regular carts for some of the characters are good. Luigi's vaccuum cart (can't remember the name at the moment) is also good.

[quote name='gaelan']i'm am on the ass[/QUOTE]

Fight on little guy. With your help, TBA will no longer be a problem.

bread's done
Back