MK Kollector's Edition $85.99 PS3 and 360 @Amazon...TE in stock

It seems Gamestop.com has them in stock also. Bought Friday and ups tracking for a wends delivery. I got tons of credit so gamestop was an obvious choice.

[quote name='mxpowar']I want this edition bad but I will wait until at least $50-$60.[/QUOTE]

Dude that is highly not gonna happen. It will drop 20 buck if there any left. I did find a MVC arcade stick, a long time ago for 100 bucks an now it goes for over 200 on ebay. Pdp might make other editions of the mk stick but the price will most likely stay the same.

[quote name='mxpowar']I want this edition bad but I will wait until at least $50-$60.[/QUOTE]
yea, i should have done that. i got lucky just now, i ordered at $98.99 on release and they credited me $13 for the difference through chat...someday i'm gonna learn to wait...but for anyone wondering, the bookends are pretty nice and not cheap like the LBP ones, and the artbook is sweet too. plus, you can sell the DLC on ebay to offset some cost (you can probably pull $25-40 for ermac and the avatars for ps3)

[quote name='mfdoom']Dude that is highly not gonna happen. It will drop 20 buck if there any left. I did find a MVC arcade stick, a long time ago for 100 bucks an now it goes for over 200 on ebay. Pdp might make other editions of the mk stick but the price will most likely stay the same.[/QUOTE]
i think he was speaking of the Kollectors edition, but i could be wrong

And this is why I canceled my preorder and a few others. This is a definite buy for me, but I'll wait for it to be in the $60-$70 range and use my $20 credit. I'm all about LE/CE's, but price drops within a week or two of release seems to be the current trend.

[quote name='mfdoom']Dude that is highly not gonna happen. It will drop 20 buck if there any left. I did find a MVC arcade stick, a long time ago for 100 bucks an now it goes for over 200 on ebay. Pdp might make other editions of the mk stick but the price will most likely stay the same.[/QUOTE]

My bad the kollecters is plausible at that price.

he's talking about the Kollector's i believe, not the stick.

[quote name='laundrymatt']i think he was speaking of the Kollectors edition, but i could be wrong[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you got it. I actually want those bookends more than I want the game, LOL.

I just ordered one yesterday for $98.99 from amazon with amazon credit and the price dropped today. I called to try and get a $14.00 refund and they told me the only thing they can re order it for me but it will be charged it to my credit card. This is the first time amazon has failed me and it hurts immensely. Eh, but the bookends are worth the extra money i ended up paying.

[quote name='mxpowar']Yeah, you got it. I actually want those bookends more than I want the game, LOL.[/QUOTE]
the game is badass, i havent stopped playing it since day one (albeit most of my playtime has been offline (thank you sony) ...i was gonna say check ebay for just the bookends but i just looked and wow, nevermind on that, you could buy this and sell everything but the game and probably only end up spending $10-20 bucks on it.

[quote name='vic_x51']does this still come with the reptile dlc?[/QUOTE]
i got 4 codes and gave 3 to friends. one of them ended up not working, and i did chat with them 2 days ago and they gave me a new one, so they might actually still have them. but i'm not sure 100%

[quote name='crazed llama']are the bookends any good? ie) not a horrible mass produced piece of plastic that looks terrible up close?[/QUOTE]

Based on many reports, they are quite nice. I ended up buying the regular edition. As much as I want the bookends -- I already have too much gaming swag. And I'm also waiting for the details behind GoW 3 Epic details.

The bookends are really nice and are not cheap at all. One of the nicer collector's editions out there. Even the art book that comes with it is nice and heavy duty, and i normally dont bother with them.

from looking at the KE in bestbuys, the bookends look really nice. if i had to compare them to something i would say they are like those ceramic art sculptures of characters you would find at comic book stores that sell for $30 - $100 rather than the happy meal toy plasma cutter you would find in the dead space 2 LE.

[quote name='skubish']How is the tournament stick?[/QUOTE]

solid. It really feels like the old school MK arcade stick.

Bookends are gorgeous, you can't lose in getting them.

I bought this from best buy for full price...I'd feel bad about it except the Sub Zero DLC *alone* went for $45 on Ebay, the Ermac will go for not much less. Along with the $10 GC I paid about ten bucks for the whole shebang.

Might be able to do that with the Amazon Edition but it depends on which costume it comes with in addition to Ermac, or does it at all?

Was about to go into Gamestop today to pick this up before I saw this. Three of the locations near me were all sold out. Yeah it's anecdotal evidence yadda yadda, but I feel like this price is as good as it's going to get.

[quote name='Masume']Bookends are gorgeous, you can't lose in getting them.

I bought this from best buy for full price...I'd feel bad about it except the Sub Zero DLC *alone* went for $45 on Ebay, the Ermac will go for not much less. Along with the $10 GC I paid about ten bucks for the whole shebang.

Might be able to do that with the Amazon Edition but it depends on which costume it comes with in addition to Ermac, or does it at all?[/QUOTE]

The Amazon edition came with classic Reptile but I don't know if they're still including it as it was really a preorder exclusive.

[quote name='mxpowar']Yeah, you got it. I actually want those bookends more than I want the game, LOL.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same exact thing. :cool:

[quote name='sdragon']I was thinking the same exact thing. :cool:[/QUOTE]

You guys should get some taste then. The game is absolutely phenomenal.

[quote name='samlam89']I just ordered one yesterday for $98.99 from amazon with amazon credit and the price dropped today. I called to try and get a $14.00 refund and they told me the only thing they can re order it for me but it will be charged it to my credit card. This is the first time amazon has failed me and it hurts immensely. Eh, but the bookends are worth the extra money i ended up paying.[/QUOTE]

I would place the new order and when the first order comes, refuse delivery. In fact, Amazon CS reps have suggested this idea to me because then they do not charge you any shipping if delivery is refused and you get a full refund.

So guys when will these clearance out at BB. My BB has 2 TE for each system and I think its going to be CoD Black Ops prestige all over again.

I saw a couple of the collector's editions with the bookends yesterday at at least two Gamestop stores I stopped into. I also saw at least 2-3 of the CE's at the one local BB store the other day too.

They're not as 'rare' or sold out as people think. Chances are the bookends are some cheapo material and not very durable, just like the crap the God Of War 3 UE Pandora's Box was made out of.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I saw a couple of the collector's editions with the bookends yesterday at at least two Gamestop stores I stopped into. I also saw at least 2-3 of the CE's at the one local BB store the other day too.

They're not as 'rare' or sold out as people think. Chances are the bookends are some cheapo material and not very durable, just like the crap the God Of War 3 UE Pandora's Box was made out of.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure everyone is talking about the Tournament Edition being rare, not the Kollector's Edition. The TE was supposedely limited to 20,000 units.

I'm wondering if it might be worth it to just order the TE from Best Buy, seeing as how you will still get a Sub Zero Classic code. Sell the code for ~$40-50 and it offsets the tax and then some. Unless I'm incorrect and either Best Buy is no longer including the Sub Zero Classic or Amazon is still including the Reptile Classic code, which could be resold.

I really wanted the TE, but does a MK game really require a unique button layout compared to other Fighters? I already have 2 arcade sticks on the ps3, and I was thinking of getting this for the 360.

I wanted the KE bookends, until I saw that my boy Sub-Zero was getting punked. Now, completely turned off, even if they are high quality.

Why would they do that?!?! :bomb:

[quote name='PatelKing']I would place the new order and when the first order comes, refuse delivery. In fact, Amazon CS reps have suggested this idea to me because then they do not charge you any shipping if delivery is refused and you get a full refund.[/QUOTE]

How are you supposed to do this? I have Prime and every time I have a delivery some random dude in a truck leaves the package on my door step, rings the door bell, and then leaves before I can even get to the door.

[quote name='SteveGo']I'm pretty sure everyone is talking about the Tournament Edition being rare, not the Kollector's Edition. The TE was supposedely limited to 20,000 units.

I'm wondering if it might be worth it to just order the TE from Best Buy, seeing as how you will still get a Sub Zero Classic code. Sell the code for ~$40-50 and it offsets the tax and then some. Unless I'm incorrect and either Best Buy is no longer including the Sub Zero Classic or Amazon is still including the Reptile Classic code, which could be resold.[/QUOTE]
The Sub-Zero code gets $40-50? Since when? I thought only the Kitana one from TRU was getting good money.

I have the SZ one from BB, so I'll have to look into putting up a BIN for $35-40 or so to try and offset my cost for the game.

Has anyone tried selling the online pass that comes with the game seperately, as I will never likely use mine and if it's getting good money I'd dump that too.

[quote name='snowmint']So guys when will these clearance out at BB. My BB has 2 TE for each system and I think its going to be CoD Black Ops prestige all over again.[/QUOTE]

Wrong; These will disappear much faster the the prestige edition of black ops which were still on shelves 6 months after its november release

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I saw a couple of the collector's editions with the bookends yesterday at at least two Gamestop stores I stopped into. I also saw at least 2-3 of the CE's at the one local BB store the other day too.

They're not as 'rare' or sold out as people think. Chances are the bookends are some cheapo material and not very durable, just like the crap the God Of War 3 UE Pandora's Box was made out of.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Seriously? This game has been out 8 friggin' days! The reason you are seeing so many of the KE and a few of the TE at gamestop and best buy is that they are one of the only retailers that carry them!

God forbid a game comes out and still has it's collectors editions on the shelves at days later!

And btw the bookends that come with this are very nice. If you saw so many of them in stock you would know this.

Just like the God Of War III Ultimate Edition(which got full CD's/DVD's with the extras in the UK, as well as the God Of War Collection right in the replica Pandora's Box) I would most definitely look into importing the UK MK CE, as it has a statue of Sub-Zero vs. Scorpion and not the bookends the US version received. Pic under spoiler.

bread's done
Back