MLB 06 The Show, MVP baseball 06, MLB 2k6

funkymunkyluc

CAG Veteran
Of the 3 2006 baseball games which do you think is the best?
MLB 2k6 isn't out yet but my pick out of MVP and MLB 06 is MLB 06 because of its addicting and fun gameplay. Though the graphics on MVP and MLB 06 aren't the greatest, it seems 2k6 will be the most realistic baseball game made so far.
What's your favorite?

Currently playing MLB 06 The Show. Have to say its very good and im enjoying it thorougly. Its great to see a baseball game again that tries to actually simulate proper pitch counts. Ever since High Heat baseball Went away, all weve had is speed baseball.

isnt there no MVP 06 after take 2 bought the rights. I believe only companies like Nintendo or Sony can make it besides Take 2. EA makes a college game now.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']isnt there no MVP 06 after take 2 bought the rights. I believe only companies like Nintendo or Sony can make it besides Take 2. EA makes a college game now.[/QUOTE]

MVP College World Series

MVP is a really good game I just cant get into much becasue its college. I never liked the MLB series on PS2. Im waiting for MLB 2K6 for 360. They posted some screen shits on gamespot and it looks really good. The gameplay was always pretty good in the 2K series I just always perfered MVP.

Cant say for MLB 2K6 yet but 06 The Show is the best so far. MVP is too much like an arcade game to me while The Show is much more of a sim game.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']isnt there no MVP 06 after take 2 bought the rights. I believe only companies like Nintendo or Sony can make it besides Take 2. EA makes a college game now.[/QUOTE]
The MVP team went the NCAA route after being shut out. I'm really enjoying it and love the college atmosphere of the game. I have no want for the other MLB games this year after getting MVP 05 last year, as I'm still in year 1 of a 120 year franchise.

Midway is still doing MLB Slugfest for this year through a loophole, as their licensing agreement expires after this year, so they'll be done for 6 years after this last game.

I'm surprised 2K Sports copied yet another feature from an MVP game with their analog swing system for MLB 2K6. Nintendo's baseball title seems to have disappeared as it was delayed last summer and there's no sign of it at this time.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']So, I am under the impression that The Show doesn't have MVP style "analog" hitting, and that it's cursor hitting. Am I a complete dumbass?[/QUOTE]

It's like MVP's hitting style except instead of aiming where you want the ball to go, you have to aim where the ball is going to end up on the strike zone. Strike zone is divided into 9 sections, depending on the difficulty level and where you hold the analog stick will depend on how good you hit.

bread's done
Back