MLB '08: The Show - Online League League Part 2 - [Temp. PPD]

nyprimus4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
caggo3.jpg

Hello and welcome to the second coming of Cheap Ass Gamer League Baseball where the players that missed out on the first league get an opportunity to play some organized baseball.

I'm going to try and recruit 12 players for this league which I plan on starting early next week.

This post will be keeping track of standings, teams, and pitching rotations that will be used in-game.

I recommend that you read everything included in this original post so there are no complaints about missing any rules.

Signed Up Teams
CAG Name | PSN ID | Team (If there is only name that is their CAG name and PSN ID)
1. nyprimus4 - JermaineClement - Chicago Cubs
2. BasketCase1080 - Killsbury - Milwaukee Brewers
3. Supreme - CaptainBackslap - Boston Red Sox
4. PapiChullo - Philadelphia Phillies
5. DestroVega - New York Yankees
6. V4oLDbOY - MrOldboy - New York Mets
7. Fuzi0n - FuzionMC - Detroit Tigers
8. ivanctorres - ICT_EsqGamer - Tampa Bay Rays
9. n8rockerasu - n8rocker82 - Arizona Diamondbacks
10. Wpark83 - Cincinnati Reds
11. talonthrawn - talon7 - Los Angeles Angels
12. Ultimate Matt X - TheUMX - Cleveland Indians

Latest Standings
-

Week 1 Schedule
-

Current Pitching Rotations
Arizona Diamondbacks - n8rockerasu/n8rocker 82
1. Brandon Webb
2. Dan Haren
3. Randy Johnson
4. Micah Owings
5. Doug Davis
390856.jpg
400617.jpg
7762.jpg
1098982.jpg
21532.jpg

Boston Red Sox
- Supreme/CaptainBackslap
1. Josh Beckett
2. Daisuke Matsuzaka
3. Jon Lester
4. Tim Wakefield
5. Justin Masterson
174887.jpg
1145060.jpg
8164.jpg
580589.jpg
1262692.jpg
Chicago Cubs - nyprimus4/JermaineClement
1. Ryan Dempster
2. Ted Lilly
3. Jason Marquis
4. Sean Gallagher
5. Sean Marshall
11032.jpg
21612.jpg
127096.jpg
1199449.jpg
580592.jpg

Cincinnati Reds -
Wpark83
1. Aaron Harang
2. Edinson Volquez
3. Bronson Arroyo
4. Johnny Cueto
5. Daryl Thompson
306411.jpg
564090.jpg
22106.jpg
288900.jpg
1390895.jpg

Cleveland Indians
- Ultimate Matt X/TheUMX
1. C.C. Sabathia
2. Cliff Lee
3. Aaron Laffey
4. Paul Byrd
5. Jeremy Sowers
174974.jpg
370395.jpg
1200054.jpg
10693.jpg
583495.jpg
Detroit Tigers - Fuzi0n/FuzionMC
1. Justin Verlander
2. Kenny Rogers
3. Nate Robertson
4. Armando Galarraga
5. Eddie Bonine
530362.jpg
8029.jpg
367803.jpg
573175.jpg
boninefu3.jpg

Los Angeles Angels -
talonthrawn/talon7
1. John Lackey
2. Jon Garland
3. Joe Saunders
4. Ervin Santana
5. Jered Weaver
223559.jpg
174783.jpg
533017.jpg
479168.jpg
584809.jpg

Milwaukee Brewers
- BasketCase1080/Killsbury
1. Ben Sheets
2. Jeff Suppan
3. Dave Bush
4. Manny Parra
5. Seth McClung
174800.jpg
8106.jpg
486527.jpg
392119.jpg
390779.jpg

New York Mets
- V4oLDbOY/MrOldboy
1. Johan Santana
2. John Maine
3. Pedro Martinez
4. Mike Pelfrey
5. Oliver Perez
174948.jpg
479206.jpg
7855.jpg
585032.jpg
225417.jpg

New York Yankees
- DestroVega
1. Andy Pettitte
2. Mike Mussina
3. Joba Chamberlain
4. Darrell Rasner
5. Dan Diese
7976.jpg
7913.jpg
1232125.jpg
533013.jpg
293107.jpg

Philadelphia Phillies
- PapiChullo
1. Cole Hamels
2. Brett Myers
3. Jamie Moyer
4. Adam Eaton
5. Kyle Kendrick
479065.jpg
288913.jpg
7909.jpg
24141.jpg
1225738.jpg
Tampa Bay Rays - ivanctorres/ICT_EsqGamer
1. Scott Kazmir
2. James Shields
3. Matt Garza
4. Edwin Jackson
5. Andy Sonnanstine
483346.jpg
580602.jpg
1098892.jpg
433026.jpg
1102982.jpg

Pitching rotations will be used, so you will have to use your ace for your first game, #2 starter for your second game, etc and so on until you start over again for your sixth and eleventh games. You'll go through your rotations three times through the season. Playoffs won't have this restriction, so you can use your best pitcher at your own discretion. If you'd like to change up your rotation, please post in this thread and I'll update that, but if you've want to put a reliever in at starter, make sure you've got the latest roster and check to make sure you really want to do that. Lineups are free to be changed at your discretion at any time, so take care of those before and during league games.

Don't forget that rosters will change as they do in real life, so you'll have to worry about injuries each week taking out important players like the professionals do.

Each week you and your opponent will need to schedule a time to play and I believe the home team gets the honor of picking, so you can send PMs or messages to each other to see what time's best, but the league system also has its own set-up for that task, as well. If you do not play your game for the week, I get to decide who wins or not, so I'll probably just toss a coin and make it as fair as possible if it's not down to one person just flaking out on the league.

Good luck everyone. Play with respect, play fair, and most importantly have fun. The best eight teams over the next 15 weeks will move on to the playoffs to determine the world champion.

I'm in as well, but no team yet since Cubs taken... I'll edit when I figure it out, but save me a spot.

edit: I guess I'll go with the Mets

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']Well, how many games a week do you play?[/quote]
One game a week for 15 weeks. Then playoffs.

edit: Pitching rotations are up. PM me any mishaps or requests, or just post them in here.

[quote name='nyprimus4']One game a week for 15 weeks. Then playoffs.

edit: Pitching rotations are up. PM me any mishaps or requests, or just post them in here.[/QUOTE]

that cubs rotation is looking mighty crackerish without Z...

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']that cubs rotation is looking mighty crackerish without Z...[/quote]
Zambrano will be back soon enough... along with Soriano. :bouncy:

[quote name='nyprimus4']Zambrano will be back soon enough... along with Soriano. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Not soon enough. I had to turn off WGN yesterday when Marshal gave up that 2 run triple to Luke Scott... #-o

Four more.

Disclaimer: Please, please post in here or PM me if there is anything wrong with your pitching staff. I'm not familiar with many of your rotations and guys might be coming off injuries and suspensions and things of this nature. Let me know what you want your rotation to be and I will fix it. Otherwise every pitcher will be used 3 times maximum during the regular season.

I just picked up my copy of the Show this evening so I'm all ready to go.
Please add me to your Ps3 buddy list and I will do the same. Happy Gaming!

Ah man, please tell me there's still time to join! I missed out on the first league. If I miss out on this one, I'm going to lose my mind!

[quote name='nyprimus4']Pick a team n8rockerasu.[/quote]

Hell yes! I'm going to go with the Dbacks. Normally, I use the Yanks, so a little small ball will be a nice change.

[quote name='beyondsane']I'm in if I can get the injury destroyed Braves pitching rotation.[/quote]
I'm not sure I can let you in. PM me why I can rely on you playing your games every week. I also need your PSN ID.

[quote name='ivanctorres']I sent everyone that signed up as of 5pm EST a friend invite.[/QUOTE]

k, i'll accept and add the other people in the league also. Since the friends list has been extended to 100 I think I can fit them no problem.

[quote name='ivanctorres']I sent everyone that signed up as of 5pm EST a friend invite.[/quote]

I didn't get a friend invite. Not sure if it has to do with the fact that primus has my PSN name misspelled. There's no space in it. It's just n8rocker82. Looking forward to playing with you guys.

Oh whoops didn't even see that. He's in, I'll set it up right now.

Here's to praying Zambrano is put back into the rotation for tomorrow's roster update.

N8rocker I didn't send u a friend invite bc when I did the invites you hadn't joined yet. Feel free to send me an invite tho.

Any chance I can still get in? Let me know, I'd really like to play in this, if I'm in I'll take the Braves.

*Edit* I see an above user requested the Braves, if he is taking the Braves I'll take the Angels.

It looks like I'm going to have to play 10 games online before I'm allowed to commission a league. We'll delay this league until I've played 10 games.

[quote name='talonthrawn']Any chance I can still get in? Let me know, I'd really like to play in this, if I'm in I'll take the Braves.

*Edit* I see an above user requested the Braves, if he is taking the Braves I'll take the Angels.[/quote]
I'll let you in if by the time the league starts a 12th player joins.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I'd like in as the Indians and nyprimus4 send me an invite on the PS3 and we'll get some games in.[/quote]
Alright but I don't want to hear any smack talking when we get CC though. ;)

What's your PSN ID?

primus, if you need help getting your 10 games in, I can get on PSN now to play some 1 inning games with you. Let me know.

Also, since I see we've got 12 guys now (and 6 AL teams and 6 NL teams), might I suggest that we put the teams in their accurate leagues to give us a little more realism. Normally, I wouldn't care, but since we're divided equally, why not?

Yeah we figured that out after the first one. We played a ranked one after that. We will probably be starting the league up next Monday. Just enough time for Zambrano to get off the DL. :D

[quote name='nyprimus4']Yeah we figured that out after the first one. We played a ranked one after that. We will probably be starting the league up next Monday. Just enough time for Zambrano to get off the DL. :D[/quote]

Great that gives me some time to finish up MGS 4 and start getting familiar with those upstart Rays. Too bad my Metropolitans are taken but they suck so hard right now I guess I don't mind playing with a good team for a change.

bread's done
Back