MLB 09: The Show CAG League - WEEK 7 STANDINGS! READ POST #1065!!!

stewie, I just sent you a PM. Hopefully you see it and we can get our game in. You also need to email BostonCollegeFan ([email protected]). He got banned from CAG, so he's not really going to be able to post in the thread. That game is due by Friday.

This is why I asked everybody to read post #955...it's starting to wear on my nerves that I need to remind people of this crap. Let's be responsible adults guys.

[quote name='talonthrawn']Melo I"m gettin online if you can hop on.[/quote]

Well, I just got home 8:00 EST. Gotta do some stuff, then I could probably play by 9:30. Not sure if you're still around. I'll check here again after 9 o'clock.

Incidentally, did you get my pm a few days ago?

cusemanKeith

edit: Talon - sent you a new pm

Last edited by a moderator:
All right guys, this is the last I'm going to say about it, and then I'm just going to let things play out as they will. Relying on this "I feel like playing PS3 now, so I'm going to just hope my opponent gets on" thing is bullshit. It's a lazy, half-assed effort, and it will only work 3% of the time if you're lucky.

Since we're stuck on specific games now, if this is gong to work, we're going to HAVE to schedule set times to play. For instance, in an effort to get stewie playing games again (he's played 3...and has one freebie due to ivan being kicked, but he'll be kicked himself if more games aren't played soon),

I PM'd him last night telling him I'm free to play most evenings after 6 PM EST. He PM'd me back and said he could play around 2 PM EST. Maybe I'm missing something here, but what good does that do me when I just got done saying I couldn't play till 6? Then, of course, he's posting on here at 2 that he can play and nobody is around. Now, I've sat around for 2 hours hoping he'd get my PM, and we could play...but apparently he's not around. This is the exact reason scheduled times are needed. He wouldn't have been sitting around earlier, and I wouldn't be sitting around now.

This is ridiculous guys. Remember when the argument was made that we're all adults and don't need hand holding or special reminders. Where did that go? Needless to say, I'm going to be strictly enforcing my minimum games met policy. If for no other reason but to clean up the garbage in this league. Even if it means we get cut to 8 members and skip straight to the playoffs. At least the next league will be filled with real ballplayers.

Yeah GG, zkelton. You were mixing your pitches really well, I couldn't get any decent hits until that inside-the-park HR. Then Alexei Ramirez hits it out for a HR the next at bat, he was huge for me in this game!

gg melo. Sorry about that long pause man, some solicitor showed up at my door. Oh well you got a free home run for it because I forgot to pause at first lol. Anyways good game man. CC was on fire. Thought you were going to come back though in the ninth.

Also to anyone who needs to play me, I should be available anytime tomorrow after 3 EST or so. Just PM me and I'll make sure I'm on when your available. Thanks.

Good game - your 2 long balls were the difference (obviously)
I wondered what the hell happened there. Haha... figures solicitors always show up at the worst times.
Yeah, CC vs. Arroyo is a tough one. Didn't help that I swung at every fastball like it was going 200 mph or something. I got excited when I loaded the bases in the ninth, but again flailed miserably.

Incidentally, did you notice that Ichiro was running like molasses in January? weird

N8 - I pitched my #4 guy, since it was my 9th game actually played - since I got an automatic for Ivan (essentially my 10th game), do I skip my #5 starter, or use him in my 11th game?
edit: It's also very possible I can't count anymore.
keith

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, considering the direction this league could take, I think if we don't just follow rotations straight through, it will be chaos. I can't even imagine the process of trying to figure out who's supposed to be pitching after 1-2 more guys gets dropped. I'd say just go through your rotation as if the kicked out CAGs were never here to begin with.

Good job getting your series one game played though guys. That's exactly the kind of effort we need if we're ever going to be able to move on.

[quote name='jza1218']Sorry, but I was building a crib.[/QUOTE]

I'm not in the league (sadly) but I just wanted to comment on how amusing the random nature of that post was.

And good luck with getting the games played. Even though I was unable to participate, I've been following the thread. I hope the league is successful.

As for ivanctorres- Nate, if you recall, he had problems playing games in the Madden league. He was also pretty flaky in the NBA 2K9 league.

[quote name='Matt Young']As for ivanctorres- Nate, if you recall, he had problems playing games in the Madden league. He was also pretty flaky in the NBA 2K9 league.[/quote]

Yeah, but he was in my MLB league last year and got through with little troubles. I just figured baseball was his favorite sport...but apparently, it's Call of Duty, haha :roll:

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm not in the league (sadly) but I just wanted to comment on how amusing the random nature of that post was.

And good luck with getting the games played. Even though I was unable to participate, I've been following the thread. I hope the league is successful.

As for ivanctorres- Nate, if you recall, he had problems playing games in the Madden league. He was also pretty flaky in the NBA 2K9 league.[/quote]
Did you pick the game up yet?

I don't think I would do Diamondbacks/Dodgers though, I was using the D-backs for a while, until Drew and Webb went on the DL. :bomb: Giants/Dodgers would be good though.

[quote name='yukine']Did you pick the game up yet?

I don't think I would do Diamondbacks/Dodgers though, I was using the D-backs for a while, until Drew and Webb went on the DL. :bomb: Giants/Dodgers would be good though.[/QUOTE]

I posted about it in this thread in early-mid March, but what happened is I bought a PS3 with MLB 09, Killzone 2, and Little Big Planet. However, I have a rear projection TV which will display in 1080i but not 720p. Thus, the PS3 would not display in high def. It only worked with A/V cables. I tried the MLB demo in standard def, and it was hideous. PlayStation 2 quality. I ended up having to return the system and games.

I did get a Wii, though, so we can play some games on that!

[quote name='m_d_amore']it plays fine for me in 1080i

just un click the 720 in display settings and it stays in 1080[/QUOTE]

No, I tried that (and everything else anyone could suggest). When I changed the settings to anything but standard def, there was no picture or sound. The TV doesn't have HDMI, either.

[quote name='Matt Young']I posted about it in this thread in early-mid March, but what happened is I bought a PS3 with MLB 09, Killzone 2, and Little Big Planet. However, I have a rear projection TV which will display in 1080i but not 720p. Thus, the PS3 would not display in high def. It only worked with A/V cables. I tried the MLB demo in standard def, and it was hideous. PlayStation 2 quality. I ended up having to return the system and games.

I did get a Wii, though, so we can play some games on that![/quote]
Oh that sucks, hopefully you can get a new HDTV sometime soon.

Yeah, we can do that. I'm just busy with finals and such, I've only been playing the PS3/MLB09 for the most part. I need to get back into Animal Crossing on the Wii.

I've been playing AC daily, even with school going on. Of course, I don't have finals for a few more weeks. But damn, that game is addicting.

i'm around if anyone is interested. I'm sorry I can't just schedule a time to play a game a week ahead of time with school, work, and everything else going on. I'm available today, right meow, for quite a while. If anyone is interested in playing, drop me a PM. Otherwise, I guess I'll be kicked out of the league. Peace.

It looks like I have to wait until talon and destro play their game, I have no more games available to me right now.

I just got done playing one helluva a game against a random. We went to 21 innings, it was Cubs/Red Sox. I was about to win in the 9th with two outs, and I accidently throw a hanging change-up to Bay and he hits it out to tie the game. :lol: He ended up winning by getting a couple good hits and driving the run in with a single.

Good game talon, I sucked big time.. Was it just on my end where the ball was lagging/dissapearing between it being thrown and arriving at the plate?

Nope it wasn't, therefor the swinging at curveballs not even close etc.

Other than that though, GG, your patience was driving me nuts earlier, plus I was getting no calls on the corners. FYI I watched the replay on that Manny HR, it totally left the park :)

[quote name='talonthrawn']Anyone going to be around today to play? I've got the day off and nothing going on until watching the Tigers at 8[/QUOTE]

I can be on at around 3 PM(EST), does that work?

Seriously this game fucking pisses me off. jza and I were playing it was the bottom of the 8th I was only down 2-1, we get disconnected somehow and I get the loss. Second time this is happened. It's bullshit.

This is the first time I ever got disconnected from the game. I think you got the 2-0 loss because that was the score in the last completed inning. This was easily the worst game I've had in terms of lag.

[quote name='yukine']Sent you a PM, Destro. We have a game available to play.[/QUOTE]

Got your PM, have been crazy busy... leaving for business to California in 4 hours, I won't be back til Monday morning... How's Tuesday night? sorry I have to wait a whole week... I just couldn't get everything done in time, still waiting to pack.

See you guys soon.

Unplayed Games in Current Round

San Diego Padres NoNova (4) vs. New York Mets statnut (5)

Milwaukee Brewers KILLSBURY (3) vs. Chicago Cubs mrfurley75 (?)

Detroit Tigers talon7 (3) vs. Minnesota Twins DestroVega (5

I think if we get these games done asap the league can move foward

What's up guys? I just got back from my trip to NYC. Got to see a really bad ass Yankee comeback last night. Not every day you see a triple, an inside the park home run, and a walk off all on the same night. It looks like some of you didn't even know I was gone... We really gotta start doing a better job reading the thread guys. I'm doing the best I can to keep everybody up to date.

I haven't had a chance to turn on my PS3 yet, and I doubt I'll get to until at least tomorrow (I left my apartment an absolute wreck...I knew that was a bad idea, haha). But it looks like some games have opened up, but there are still a few in the current round that need to be played. Let's try to get those in as soon as possible. I'll try to take a closer look at everything tomorrow and start drawing up deadlines, so we can get the league moving forward.

Good game Furley - missed opportunities by each of us in the match up of #5 starters... thought you had me several times.

I'm out of games now... hopefully more open up soon!

[quote name='stewie75']good game keith, that 3rd inning was a freaking kiLLLERRRR though.[/QUOTE]

yeah - it was wicked laggy at the beginning, then was great at the end (even though I wasn't)

All right, in an effort to get everything back on track, as m_d_amore mentioned, we've got 3 unplayed games in the current round. They are as follows:

Padres (NoNova) at Mets (jza1218)
Brewers (Basketcase1080) at Cubs (stewie75)
Tigers (talonthrawn) at Twins (DestroVega)

I know Destro is out of town till tomorrow, so I'm going to give everybody until Friday, 5/22 to get these games played or I will choose a winner based on the effort shown. At that point, a total of 7 played games will also be required from every member in the league to avoid being kicked out. Right now, Basketcase1080 has the least number of games played with 5, followed by jza1218 with 6. I really need to see more of an effort from you guys.

I have no idea why more games aren't opening up on the schedule. I'd really like to know how Sony thinks this constitutes "flex scheduling". But hopefully, we can get the next few series completed and the schedule won't be an issue much longer. Lets get these games played guys! Thanks!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
I know Destro is out of town till tomorrow, so I'm going to give everybody until Friday, 5/22 to get these games played or I will choose a winner based on the effort shown. At that point, a total of 7 played games will also be required from every member in the league to avoid being kicked out. Right now, Basketcase1080 has the least number of games played with 5, followed by jza1218 with 6. I really need to see more of an effort from you guys.

[/QUOTE]

It;d sure be helpful if people respond to PSN requests. And I've been trying to get my remaining games for about 2 weeks, hence why I've posted looking for games.

I'm only going to be available late at night for the next two days. My mother in law comes into town on Wednesday, and is staying with us, which will severely curtail my gaming.

bread's done
Back