MLB 09: The Show CAG League - WEEK 7 STANDINGS! READ POST #1065!!!

If Frisky doesn't want back in, I'll take his spot since I said before I'll be a backup if someone drops. Although I would like to pick a different team? If not, I'll just suck it up I guess.

[quote name='yukine']If Frisky doesn't want back in, I'll take his spot since I said before I'll be a backup if someone drops. Although I would like to pick a different team? If not, I'll just suck it up I guess.[/quote]

As a matter of fact, Frisky PM'd me to say he doesn't want to play. The spot is yours. As of right now, his spot is taken by the Indians. You can either take the Indians or choose a team from those that are left.

Edit: Just let me know which team you want asap, so there's not any confusion as other people make their picks. I guess that means the Indians are open for anybody who may want them. Even if somebody who has already picked...which is what...3-8, wants the Indians, since we're trying to straighten this out, I'll let you change your pick if Frisky happened to take your team of choice. Otherwise, proceed as normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yukine']Sweet, no offense to Cleveland fans but I'll take the D'backs since they are still available. :lol:[/quote]

No problem. I thought that might be your choice given your location, but I didn't want to ASSume, haha.

As I mentioned, this means Cleveland is back on the table if anybody wants them. This includes any of you 4-8 guys if you'd like to trade your pick in for Cleveland. Otherwise, ivan, it's your turn to pick.

Can we get on with the picks or wait another 24 hrs?
no snooze you lose? and move him to the end of the list?

I'm out, I'd really like to play but I'm sick of checking this thread and not seeing picks. If people were committed enough they'd be on here already. I'm just afraid this isn't going to work, I've tried this on the 360 and it was tough. Nothing against anyone but I'm sorry. N8 you have done a superb job of organizing this, but I'll have to pass for now.

I know there is no hurry to pick teams, but that will develop into a "no hurry" to play games.
This probably should have been a 12 team league. Seriously if you aren't going to check the thread every 24 hours then why not penalize them the same way you do when you IM to verify they are still interested in the league?

[quote name='FrankySox']I'm out, I'd really like to play but I'm sick of checking this thread and not seeing picks. If people were committed enough they'd be on here already. I'm just afraid this isn't going to work, I've tried this on the 360 and it was tough. Nothing against anyone but I'm sorry. N8 you have done a superb job of organizing this, but I'll have to pass for now.

I know there is no hurry to pick teams, but that will develop into a "no hurry" to play games.
This probably should have been a 12 team league. Seriously if you aren't going to check the thread every 24 hours then why not penalize them the same way you do when you IM to verify they are still interested in the league?[/quote]

Great. Well, without getting into too much of the crap (or at least as little as I can stir up at 3:30 in the morning), this is exactly why I wanted to "go all out" with things. I had a firm belief that if I wasn't doing all the little things, not only to keep people interested...but more importantly, keep them informed, it would be too easy to fall into this rut that 99% of leagues fall into. For whatever reason, the most impossible task in the world is for people to keep up with a thread. I don't know why. Maybe they check it at bad times. Maybe stuff comes up and they forget. But it just always seems to come up in one form or another. It boils down to communication.

That's why I try to super invest myself in the leagues that I run. I have no idea why ivan hasn't checked the thread. He was in my league last year and he's a good guy. Maybe he saw all the crap go down and thought we were dead in the water. Or, maybe he hasn't checked the thread since before all that anyway. I don't know. I can tell you, I haven't PM'd him though. Not to jerk anybody around, but as part of the "allowing everybody to be grown ups" experiment, I was curious how long it would take him to check the thread. I really appreciate anybody who did send him a PM though. yukine, I know you brought it up. That's really taking initiative, and makes my job a hell of a lot easier.

Honestly, Franky, I wish you wouldn't give up on the league just yet. Rather than lose you, I'll send ivan a PM, and see if we can get him back on track with us. I seriously doubt it's anything intentional. Probably just miscommunication...which like I said, is the whole idea behind the PM notifications and all the little things to begin with. Just give it one more day man. If you guys can appreciate the method to my madness, maybe I'll do my best to get this thing kickstarted again.

N8 and my leaguemates,
I just got N8's message. I apologize for being remiss about chosing my team. I will pick my team tonite when I get home from work.

I just want the commish and the league to know I'm committed.

Again sorry for any inconvenience.

All right, so ivan's going to make his pick sometime tonight. Hopefully everybody is cool with that. Franky? You still here? Anybody else still want to play?

Yeah I'm sure people aren't intentionally not picking teams and not viewing the thread. I'll stick around and play my games but I'll be honest I don't have high hopes here. Being able to play your games whenever should help quite a bit though.

Is it possible to replace players that don't play once the league has started?

[quote name='FrankySox']Yeah I'm sure people aren't intentionally not picking teams and not viewing the thread. I'll stick around and play my games but I'll be honest I don't have high hopes here. Being able to play your games whenever should help quite a bit though.

Is it possible to replace players that don't play once the league has started?[/quote]

I don't know, I can't physically start the league till teams are picked. Well, wait...I guess I technically can now since I've picked my team already. I just know I have to lock that in when I create the league. I'll try to look into it later tonight. I think we just need to have a positive outlook though. If everybody is here for the same reason, we should be fine. I'm here to play baseball.

m_d_amore, have you gotten your PS3 back yet? I know you're anxious for everybody to pick their team (as we all are), but after that, we'll be ready for the draft. So, I just wanted to make sure you'd be good to go for that.

its on its way back to me they "sent" it yesterday so most likely friday crosses fingers

does UPS make saturday delivs?

[quote name='ivanctorres']N8 and my leaguemates,
I just got N8's message. I apologize for being remiss about chosing my team. I will pick my team tonite when I get home from work.

I just want the commish and the league to know I'm committed.

Again sorry for any inconvenience.[/QUOTE]

Ok I've been in a league with you before and you seemed to be a dedicated player. I don't want to sound like a bitch but you took the time to make this post, when you could have just typed one word (your team)? Unless maybe you didn't realize what teams had been taken, or maybe your just not familiar with baseball teams. Either way this is taking a while.

[quote name='FrankySox']Ok I've been in a league with you before and you seemed to be a dedicated player. I don't want to sound like a bitch but you took the time to make this post, when you could have just typed one word (your team)? Unless maybe you didn't realize what teams had been taken, or maybe your just not familiar with baseball teams. Either way this is taking a while.[/quote]

I think ivan gets notifications on his blackberry and posts from work sometimes. So, if that were the case, I could understand not being able to look up what teams have been taken. That being said, it's now 11pm. Really hoping you get on soon ivan. You're kinda letting the rest of us down here.

Since the mets are taken I will just stick with the rays since thats who I chose last year. Again sorry for the confusion I didn't know I needed to post my pick in the forum.

I kinda wanted to stick with the White Sox, but I think Franky is a fan, so I'll let him take 'em if he wants. And now with the upset pick.. I'll take the Red Sox.

[quote name='Supreme']I kinda wanted to stick with the White Sox, but I think Franky is a fan, so I'll let him take 'em if he wants. And now with the upset pick.. I'll take the Red Sox.[/quote]

Good man. Thanks for getting this in right away! BostonCollegeFan, it's now your pick.

[quote name='m_d_amore']its on its way back to me they "sent" it yesterday so most likely friday crosses fingers

does UPS make saturday delivs?[/quote]

Good to hear. UPS does not make Saturday deliveries except for overnight shipping...and I doubt Sony cares that much, haha. Hope you get it by Friday though!

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Tough choice hmmm...I guess i'll take San Francisco Giants[/quote]

Nice! Looks like the NL West is complete now. Great job getting your pick in! FrankySox, your turn man. See how quick that was? :D

[quote name='BasketCase1080']lol...[/quote]

I told him to officially claim them even though pretty much everybody knew who he was picking. Just keeping things legit ;)

All right, m_d_amore, it's your pick!

probly been answered b4... but whens the proposed draft date? well... timeframe as far as what week it will fall. Also, its my understanding we need not be present and it would auto draft as well correct? I may need to run outta town this weekend... last few precious days of spring break :)

[quote name='FrankySox']White Sox[/quote]

It's funny, I was going to pick the Cubbies, but playing in those two Chicago parks, the wind is awful.

as far as my ps3 its in transit . i wish they send it back 2nd day but they chose 3 day select its en route to the airport n texas and im up in boston so we shall see if i get it tomorrow hopefully it gets in the state and ill hunt it down so i can have it for the weekend ill keep ya posted

Woohoo! Nice to see a lot of activity here. We're cooking with gas now boys! m_d_amore, you've got the Pirates. Keith PM'd me two choices for his pick before he left for work this morning, so he'd be ready whenever m_d_amore posted his. Keith is taking the Orioles. This means we're down to the final two picks! GenDV138, it's your turn man!

[quote name='BasketCase1080']probly been answered b4... but whens the proposed draft date? well... timeframe as far as what week it will fall. Also, its my understanding we need not be present and it would auto draft as well correct? I may need to run outta town this weekend... last few precious days of spring break :)[/quote]

Well, we definitely can't do it until m_d_amore gets his PS3 back. Sometime this weekend would be the EARLIEST (assuming he gets his PS3 back Friday). Otherwise, I'd say early-mid next week...maybe March 31st. I'm sure m_d_amore will keep us updated though.

its halfway here in kentucky so im keeping my fingers crossed
ill check tracking later tonight and update
i appreciate the wait guys sorry for the trouble

I'll take the Twinkies... would any of the NL teams want to switch to an AL team that's left? that way we would have 8 in each league... if not it's not a big deal, just throwing it out there.

[quote name='m_d_amore']ill take the Orioles then instead of the pirates if its cool

BlueJays then just saw keiths pick in n8s post[/quote]

You sure man? Destro knows me well, haha. But yeah, I'd love to have balance across the AL and NL. Plus, that would give us the AL East and the NL West completely full, so that's pretty cool. Like I've mentioned, we can only have 2 divisions, so everybody would be lumped together, but at least being divided by league would give us some semblance of normalcy.

Keep us updated on your PS3 delivery. I think I have to pick a date for the draft when I set up the league, and I'd hate to assume that Tuesday is plenty of time for you to get it, and then find out there was a delay or something stupid. Better safe than sorry.

All things considered, how is Tuesday (3/31) at around 9 PM EST look for everybody though? Keeping in mind that you don't HAVE to be there for the draft, but obviously, it would be more fun if you were.

bread's done
Back