MLB 10: The Show - March 2, 2010 - Full Online Season Leagues and Online Priority!

[quote name='gunm']Hm, I hope that's not rubber band AI...I hate that shit.[/QUOTE]

Nah, wasnt rubber band AI. It was my bad, Lester had thrown a lot of pitches and was pretty tired. Needed some extra time to get my bullpen ready so I tried to get him out of the situation but he kept giving up hits. By the time my bullpen was ready, they were only down by 1 with a couple of men on base.

[quote name='TheRock88']Nah, wasnt rubber band AI. It was my bad, Lester had thrown a lot of pitches and was pretty tired. Needed some extra time to get my bullpen ready so I tried to get him out of the situation but he kept giving up hits. By the time my bullpen was ready, they were only down by 1 with a couple of men on base.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. Good to know...

There's some times when my RTTS pitcher is doing LRP mopup work I'm begging the manager to take me out. They really wear my pitcher down to the 0 energy.

So i've now played 5 online games and have some things to note:

1) I don't notice anyone quitting games early which is cool.
2) Any lag that I did have only lasted for a couple pitches and it happened at most, twice a game.
3) I had the weirdest opponent. Before the game even started, he kept sending the message, "Serious baseball only, no slop play."

My RTTS is acting up. Might have to start a new character. For some reason I get to a certain date in my schedule and it freezes up right after batting practice. Whethere I choose to do batting practice or not when the final animation of me walking away from the batting coach happens my game just freezes. Happened 5 times yesterday. Other than that havent tried anything but RTTS.

Patch 1.06 came out this morning

MLB10TheShow.png

[quote name='DestroVega']^ Let some know in the forum the developers are posting in... might be a bug they need to fix.[/QUOTE]

The RTTS freeze? I believe someone already posted it.

Good to see that there's a patch out already, but that's a pre-shipment patch. Those are definitely bugs they were aware of before the game shipped. It's still always good to see things getting fixed though. Considering that the online reports have been fairly positive and that they're working on the other issues, I'll more than likely have this bought by the time Josh is able to create the league.

Really dumb that they're making people wait 14 days this year. Last year, it was that you had to play 15 online games or something stupid. I don't know what they think they're preventing by setting up these requirements, but I guess the 14 days at least gives them time to make sure the server load won't be too great.

God I hate the f&(%&# psn network. Why is it so difficult to download a patch? This is why I don't play games on here.

Finally got it working

Can someone explain the new pitching meter to me. Keep hearing about how people love the new one but it looks the same to me. Only difference I noticed is that it's just either shorter or longer depending on the pitcher's delivery.

Stupid question, but can someone explain to me how to download rosters and patches? I noticed there was a roster update yesterday but I had no idea how to download it.

[quote name='tsl141']Stupid question, but can someone explain to me how to download rosters and patches? I noticed there was a roster update yesterday but I had no idea how to download it.[/QUOTE]

It should download as soon as you go online/connect to SportsConnect, and ask if you want to save it for offline.

I signed into SportsConnect last night and saw the roster update screen, but it didn't download or prompt me to save it. Maybe I did something wrong.

[quote name='lordwow']There's some times when my RTTS pitcher is doing LRP mopup work I'm begging the manager to take me out. They really wear my pitcher down to the 0 energy.[/QUOTE]

This happens in 09 fairly frequently, especially in the minors. It happens when your manager has burned through the other relievers on your team; I once pitched the 7th through 19th innings with my closing pitcher in AA. Ended up with a loss because I gave up a run in the 19th, of course.

[quote name='tsl141']I signed into SportsConnect last night and saw the roster update screen, but it didn't download or prompt me to save it. Maybe I did something wrong.[/QUOTE]

You have to go to the "Save Roster" option (or something like that. I'm at work and can't check to see what it says exactlt) that's located on one of the SportsConnect option screens. Just scroll left to right until you see something along those lines. It took me a few minutes to figure it out last night.

well mine says shipped now and was ETA for the 5th but now it says ETA the 4th which is tom...i signed up for the free amazon prime account which gives you free 2 day...

I'm trying to figure out if I'm the only person who's experiencing this problem. Basically when you're playing and you hit select to see the Pitcher and Batter Analysis, there's an error in the ratings for all players when it comes to their ratings vs. left handed pitchers.

For example A-Rod when you push select, his PWL (power vs. lefties) rating is waayyyy down like a #9 hitter in the lineup, when normally when you're not playing the game, you clearly see that his rating is nearly up all the way where it should be.

Every time I do this, for every player their ratings during the game are way off vs. lefties. Now I don't think it affects the actual gameplay and it's just a bug of what's being shown. But it can be very deceptive thinking that you're pitching to a batter with no power vs. lefties who may be a lot more dangerous than what's being shown.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? This is my first year having ps3, and I'm not sure if this is a universal problem that the game needs to fix or if this is something that I may be able to fix on my own. I just haven't gotten any feedback from anyone that this is occurring.

Thanks for any input

Just got my copy from Amazon and I played a Yankee/Mets game. Game is very well polished in terms of graphics and gameplay. I then played the Homerun Derby. SCEA knocked it out of the park in terms of fun factor and presentation. The HamilWho? Gold Trophy looks pretty tough to get. You have to hit 29 homeruns in 1 round. My highest was 12.

1. There is a Show Thread.

2. It is just a visual glitch and not an in game/performance glitch.

3. SCEA is supposed to be fixing it according to operationsports.com.

This is a well documented glitch that they're supposed to be working on a patch for (surprised this is the only one you've noticed as there are bigger things that the patch is supposed to be fixing as well). You should check out www.operationsports.com. SCEA devs post on The Show board regularly.

Just wondering if the general consensus is that it's worth upgrading from 09? I wasn't intending too but I caught a spring training game on television today I now I'm pumped to get the new one.

[quote name='natureboy46']Just wondering if the general consensus is that it's worth upgrading from 09? I wasn't intending too but I caught a spring training game on television today I now I'm pumped to get the new one.[/QUOTE]

Yes!!!!!!!! Improved online, graphics, gameplay and HOMERUN DERBY!!!! I wish Homerun Derby was online but ooo well. Single player or with friends is a great time. You can seriously get several dozen hours out of playing HR Derby with friends. I base that on playing the derby in every park and due to it's fun factor.

The commentary is better than people claim it to be. You are going to hear a mistake every now and than but the game has so many specific lines. Like Mets/Yankees and the announcers talk about the rematch of 2000 Subway Series. There are so many little things in the game that it would take over a week to type them all. It's scary to think how close this series is getting to the real thing.

Took almost my first month in RTTS to get a handle on the batting, which I mainly just stopped doing batting practice since it seemed like that took my best swings out of the game itself. I really like having access to the goals in-game, so I can see how I'm doing.

Anybody up for starting a franchise? I honestly don't have the time to organize but I always make time to play my games

I have played about 3 hours so far today and 2 have been spent in the Derby.

IGN Review is out. 8.9!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an interesting moment. I sent a challenge to a person to play against, and once i picked my team, the game was closed. So he challenged me again and the same thing happened. Then I saw on the chat board that he said "I'm the braves" and it all made sense because that's who I was picking. I really thought it was a bug at first.

Also, I got my first trophy by hitting back to back homeruns during that game.

[quote name='jlarlee']Anybody up for starting a franchise? I honestly don't have the time to organize but I always make time to play my games[/QUOTE]

Willing to play in a league AAA talent.

I really like the awareness of holidays and special events, as the announcers made a joke about me trying to hit a pinata on Cinco de Mayo and a few days later, there was some kind of Breast Cancer awareness day and all of the bats were pink.

I also noticed an MLB Store link in the menus that showed DLC you can buy to get 1,000 experience points for RttS for $0.99.

I just played an online game and it ran smooth 99.9999999 percent. Only 1 minor hiccup for 3 seconds out of the hour played.

I need some tips for online play because I never played The Show online before.

When you are pitching and the opponent guesses right on a pitch do you hang the pitch? I wasn't able to do the whole pitching motion and he crushed it a couple of times.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Whoever came up with the new RTTS baserunning controls needs to be fired by Friday.[/QUOTE]

You got that right, I switched to the classic control. Much easier.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I also noticed an MLB Store link in the menus that showed DLC you can buy to get 1,000 experience points for RttS for $0.99.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like something EA does. But 1,000 not hard to get if you just put everything to rookie and adjust your sliders. Beats paying .99c

I LOVE how individual hitters get pitches like they would irl. Such as, if theres a guy on base, and Ryan Howard is up, he gets absolute crap to hit but if he comes up and no one is on, much much easier to get a hit. That said, however, I think I may have just found a bug. Howard was up, Utley on first, I hit a deep fly that was caught on the run, I thought it was going to drop but it was caught, Utley retreated to 1st and was called out on a real close play, however, Howard was the one who started argueing and ended up getting tossed for it. Not sure if that constitutes as a bug or not.

[quote name='drbutchevil']I LOVE how individual hitters get pitches like they would irl. Such as, if theres a guy on base, and Ryan Howard is up, he gets absolute crap to hit but if he comes up and no one is on, much much easier to get a hit. That said, however, I think I may have just found a bug. Howard was up, Utley on first, I hit a deep fly that was caught on the run, I thought it was going to drop but it was caught, Utley retreated to 1st and was called out on a real close play, however, Howard was the one who started argueing and ended up getting tossed for it. Not sure if that constitutes as a bug or not.[/QUOTE]

Why would that be a bug? Victorino in a game last year got thrown out for arguing from CF on balls and strikes for an opponent.

My RTTS glitched last night in the 9th inning when I was on 2nd base. I was 3 for 4 with a double, 2 rbis, a run and a BB. Very dissapointing.

It was wierd. The gameplay just stopped and I couldnt pause or do anything but the game wasnt frozen.

[quote name='Dahk']My RTTS glitched last night in the 9th inning when I was on 2nd base. I was 3 for 4 with a double, 2 rbis, a run and a BB. Very dissapointing.

It was wierd. The gameplay just stopped and I couldnt pause or do anything but the game wasnt frozen.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried playing thru again to see if it happens again ? Had the same thing happen to me after a batting cage session. Would lock up right after and couldnt do anything , had to get up and reset my system. Did it five times before I finally deleted the save and just played and exhibition game. Have to re-start my RTTS character.

[quote name='notoriousxbox']Have you tried playing thru again to see if it happens again ? Had the same thing happen to me after a batting cage session. Would lock up right after and couldnt do anything , had to get up and reset my system. Did it five times before I finally deleted the save and just played and exhibition game. Have to re-start my RTTS character.[/QUOTE]

I'll be very dissapointed if thats the case. I stopped playing after that since it was getting late and I have work in the mornings.

I'll check when I get off work.

Does this game track career OBP, slugging, steals, walks, WHIP, etc in RTTS and franchise modes? It's 2010, it's totally unacceptable to not have this in the game when World Series Baseball 2k3 had advanced stat tracking, including career leaderboards for the entire league.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Does this game track career OBP, slugging, steals, walks, WHIP, etc in RTTS and franchise modes? It's 2010, it's totally unacceptable to not have this in the game when World Series Baseball 2k3 had advanced stat tracking, including career leaderboards for the entire league.[/QUOTE]

Did you just copy/paste this from the last time you posted it?

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Not quite, but nobody has answered it. Now that the game is out, it's more likely that people can answer it.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Didn't mean anything by it. I just saw your post and was like "I know I've read that before", haha. Sorry I can't help. Don't have the game yet.

they got to fix the random freeze issue with the loading screen in RTTS, thats twice I've gotten it today. Happen only when my player got called up to the majors

bread's done
Back