MLB 2K10 Free Fathead Jr. Offer

SLeeK719

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Just bought a copy of MLB2K10 on XBOX360 and it came with an code for a free Fathead Jr. You can only choose from a list of 8 players, but they are normally valued at 39.99 and they give you free shipping. I assume this is included with every copy of MLB2K10, unless it is random and I just got lucky. Can anyone else confirm this?

Yeah, mine was from Walmart and def. not a pre-order. Sweet deal if your a fan of those teams, but as an Orioles fan I feel shafted on the player selection.

i feel like i bought a fat head and a free video game amazing offer.. i dont care of the show is better free fat head.. = must buy for a sports fan

[quote name='jro787']utley, youkilis, jeter, pujols, lincecum, wright,soriano, longoria[/QUOTE]
Not the best players they could of picked and I dont care if it was free 2k10 is horrible, getting better but still not worth getting it for a fathead jr. of a player who doesnt even play for the team I root for.

and 2k10 isnt bad... dont give me that crap.. show is the same as 09 2k10 is incredibly improved and fun as hell thats all that matters and this is coming from a show nut

[quote name='nateeasy29']Ken Griffy Jr. is wearing a Reds hat in his profile picture in MLB2k10[/QUOTE]

How is that not corrected by now? Details like that bug me about the game. Don't get me wrong, I like the series but things like that keep me from loving it.

[quote name='jro787']and 2k10 isnt bad... dont give me that crap.. show is the same as 09 2k10 is incredibly improved and fun as hell thats all that matters and this is coming from a show nut[/QUOTE]

Amen! Couldn't have said it better myself. I picked up both yesterday and ended up playing more of 2K10.

[quote name='jro787']utley, youkilis, jeter, pujols, lincecum, wright,soriano, longoria[/QUOTE]

Might see if I can pick up a used copy, wouldn't mind a youkilis fathead :)

The free fathead was probably released to all stores but limited amount of copies, so it's like for people with preorders or who bought it first.

I bought mine at Target yesterday and the code was inside. I ordered a Jeter, sweet!

The codes won't be in a used copy, most likely not. It's a one time use code and it came on a small sheet inside the game. You can probably find a fathead selling for cheap though.

[quote name='jro787']and 2k10 isnt bad... dont give me that crap.. show is the same as 09 2k10 is incredibly improved and fun as hell thats all that matters and this is coming from a show nut[/QUOTE]
2K10 is crap

The Show 10 has reconfigured the ball physics and added a whole new presentation mode to the mix plus added layers of polish to just about everything. See when you make the best game you don't have to do drastic overhauls every year.

2K10 has players come to the batter's box without a bat and get a hit using their "mental force" and when you pitch there's STILL ghost bats flying across the infield.

2K is improved, it went from completely awful to just terrible.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']2K10 has players come to the batter's box without a bat and get a hit using their "mental force" and when you pitch there's STILL ghost bats flying across the infield.

2K is improved, it went from completely awful to just terrible.[/QUOTE]

Got proof? I've played a lot of games and have never seen this yet.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']2K10 is crap

The Show 10 has reconfigured the ball physics and added a whole new presentation mode to the mix plus added layers of polish to just about everything. See when you make the best game you don't have to do drastic overhauls every year.

2K10 has players come to the batter's box without a bat and get a hit using their "mental force" and when you pitch there's STILL ghost bats flying across the infield.

2K is improved, it went from completely awful to just terrible.[/QUOTE]

You sir, have no idea what you are talking about.

Please provide proof of what you are making up and then maybe I'll post videos from The Show with fielders running through the stands and getting stuck in corners while the batter rounds the bases.

Don't get me wrong, The Show destroys 2K10 is most every conceivable area, but that doesn't make it crap. It just speaks volumes as to how great The Show is. 2K10 plays a great game of baseball and The Show could learn a lot from its pitcher/hitter interface.

[quote name='kevgret']Here is a nice glitch. Looks out to me.

http://community.2ksports.com/community/media/viewer.cfm?mediaid=1408719

Kevin[/QUOTE]

You know, that looks awful - but if you look close the catcher gets him with his knee and his glove never tags him. The way the ump waits until he actually tags home sorta supports this, although I can see how people would be pissed about it. The funky collision detection certainly doesn't help.

[quote name='chriscolbert']You know, that looks awful - but if you look close the catcher gets him with his knee and his glove never tags him. The way the ump waits until he actually tags home sorta supports this, although I can see how people would be pissed about it. The funky collision detection certainly doesn't help.[/QUOTE]

Looks to me like the slides right through the catcher. Not good collision detection at all.

Kevin

Well I played it in my Gamestop so I guess I could ask for the security vid?
IGN talked about the batters with no bats that's been confirmed on a few game sites

Also let's not forget the drop in graphics and most importantly the fact that the game shipped without a check swing option

The 2K devs shipped a game without the option to check your swing with the idea to patch it afterward.

No, that's crap

Plus you're saying it like "Oh 2K would never do such a thing" I mean come on lol the game was so bad last season that 2K did one update and then left it to die with people not even able to play it on their consoles or PC because it would freeze. When they did they got ghost bats or faces coming off the players and had to play a season with generic model number 5 all season long.

Bad game is still bad game, it's just an upgraded bad game now

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Might see if I can pick up a used copy, wouldn't mind a youkilis fathead :)[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it's going to be realistic... with 20 gallons of sweat pouring off his face.

Jaysonguy, that video you posted is from last year's game, which was brutal. But why are you trying to portray something that was a terrible glitch in last years game when a lot has been fixed for 2k10 and it is now a playable and enjoyable game.

[quote name='t_horpe']Jaysonguy, that video you posted is from last year's game, which was brutal. But why are you trying to portray something that was a terrible glitch in last years game when a lot has been fixed for 2k10 and it is now a playable and enjoyable game.[/QUOTE]
Yes I know it's last year's game
I was just trying to show people what the ghost bat glitch is

That's the same thing I had this time in my first inning playing at Gamestop playing 2K10

I understand that it's better and that some people like it, heck I got last year's game because it was fun playing a blooper reel

The thing is someone looks at this thread and says "well that's not a bad game I'll go get it" and then they get these glitches and they're unhappy

If anyone is still holding onto one I'll Paypal you 10 bucks for it. Obviously this would need to take place in like the next hour or so.

They were sold out of the Lincecum fathead jr, so I ordered a David Wright (Mets). If anyone want to trade Wright for Lincecum, hit me up when the shipment comes in (I think it says 6-8 weeks)

bread's done
Back