MLB All Star Game Contest - Win XBL 1 Month

austenwithane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Happy Tuesday all,

I have an XBL 1 Month card to give away. Here is the contest.

Let's make Shane Victorino of the Philadelphia Phillies an All-Star!!!

Currently MLB has the Final Vote for the last roster position for the NL All Star team. As I am a HUGE Phillies fan, I would love to see that be Shane Victorino...

Here is where you come in - Log onto www.phillies.com and vote for Shane Victorino to make the All Star team. For every 10 votes you place I will enter your name one time in the drawing for the XBL Card. (So 100 votes = 10 chances.)

Now I know there is no way to track who voted, so I am asking everyone to be on the honor system here and actually do the voting you claim to do :lol:.

Good luck, Happy Voting and Go Phillies!!!

(Voting is open until 4pm Eastern on Thursday 7/9 - I will post the winner on Fri or Sat.)

Thanks!

Austen

I voted 30 times for Shane, I'm a huge Phillies fan too. I LOVE stuffing the ballot box come All-Star time.

Disclaimer

I think Mark Reynolds is a Phenomenal player and this response is in no way meant to be a flame of the guy who posted this.

/Disclaimer

I never understood why when it comes to things like All Star, MVP etc why individuals and even the Sports networks continually only look at a small handful of stats when deciding who is deserving.

I am not saying that Victorino is more deserving than Reynolds (although I may be biased because I am a Phillies fan) but just a broad look at some of the associated "other" stats.

Victorino:
1 Error
179 Putouts (so 1 error every 179 putouts)
.714 BA Bases Loaded
.339 BA Runners in Scoring Position
.315 BA Runners on Base
39 Strike Outs

Reynolds:
13 Errors
216 Putouts (so 1 error roughly every 16 putouts)
.000 BA with Bases Loaded (0-4)
.248 BA Runners in Scoring Position
.255 BA Runners on Base
111 Strike Outs

Reynolds is crushing Victorino in the Stolen Base department, however with Ibanez, Howard Utley behind him it's not surprising his numbers are down.

It comes down to Home Runs where Reynolds gets the most love, and its just like the old MLB commercials with all of the pitchers getting upset because they get no love - "Chicks Dig the Long Ball" (Even as a Philly fan, I'm glad Ryan Howard did NOT win MVP last year even though many wanted him to - he had the HR, but the defense and strikeouts were abysmal.)

Just my meager attempt to get people to look past the couple of numbers ESPN shows and look at players from a 5-tool standpoint :bouncy:

Go Phillies!

[quote name='Coyotezeye']Mark Reynolds3B#27

AVG.
.269 HR
24 RBI
62 SB

Shane VictorinoCF#8

AVG.
.308 HR
6 RBI
39 SB

Sorry voting for Mark Reynolds[/QUOTE]

Voted 20 times for Shane (and Ian Kinsler). Victorino really deserves to make this, he's a great player for the Phils. I would have voted for him anyway, but this contest seals teh deal! Plus he's on my fantasy team!

does it count if I already voted for him before I saw this? I voted 25 times (since that was the limit for the All Star Voting). I also voted for Ian Kinsler for the AL. oh I have Victorino as one of my OF in yahoo fantasy.

Voted 30 times, huge Phillies fan. The Flying Hawaiian deserves to go. Loved his stellar performance last playoff run. Go Phils!

Thanks for all of the votes and your help in getting Victorino in!!!!!

Ill tabulate votes tomorrow or Saturday and draw a winner. I wont be able to send out the prize until Monday though because I left the card with the code at work. But keep an eye on your mailbox and thanks again for the help!!!

Go Phils!

Once again - thanks for all of the votes - I tossed all of the names in a hat, and your winner is.... Yabman!

I will PM the code over on Monday, as I forgot it in the office :)

Congrats!

Thanks! Glad I won, I was just happy with Victorino (and Werth) making the ASG but this is just icing on the cake.

bread's done
Back