MLB The Show 2013

dragonjud

CAGiversary!
Feedback
270 (100%)
So,
This is out now, and have only seen one or two reviews.

Anybody care to chime in about how the game looks and plays?

Here is what I've noticed so far:
- Game is ugly. I mean I wasn't expecting ps3 level beauty, but this looks like a ps2 game, and even psp in certain areas. Some guys look like mutants. I know quite a few MLB players are just ugly, but this is ridiculous.
- I find myself swinging early way too often. It's almost as if they are overcompensating for a button delay.
- No batting animations/walk-ups. It skips straight to the pitcher/batter interface everytime. Not the biggest deal, but 'The Show' is known for is awesome presentation, and this is a bit jarring.
- Typical good gameplay and 'decent' commentary. I feel like they need to start over with a new set of commentators. Too much audio has been recycled over the years.

I'm a bit disappointed, as I skipped last year's game, in hopes that they were going to put out a much better product this year.
I may just sell this, and buy the ps3 version.

That's pretty upsetting, I too was hoping for a better product this year. I bought 12 for $10 but ended up returning it and waiting for this year's version. Oh well. Thanks for the heads up.

How's the framerate? My only gripe with last year's version was there was a little stutter right after the ball hit the crack of the bat. Had to disable all sound effects to get a good framerate so I'm hoping they fixed it in this year's version.

[quote name='TheRock88']How's the framerate? My only gripe with last year's version was there was a little stutter right after the ball hit the crack of the bat. Had to disable all sound effects to get a good framerate so I'm hoping they fixed it in this year's version.[/QUOTE]

I'd say the framerate is stable. It's not on par with the ps3, but it seems to run as stable as the most recent psp iterations.

I recently picked this up and am loving it.

Anyway, I'm wondering how roster updates work? I played a "Live" game (which is a great feature) of today's Orioles game, but the O's brought up a rookie (name is escaping me at the moment) as DH and instead of it being him it listed DH as TBD and just put another player in.

bread's done
Back