MLB.TV Group Buy

Yea how would it work? I'd be interested in doing so. The one question I gotta ask, can we all watch our own games at the same time?

Count me in. I think upon researching this, is that 5 streams can be active at one time? Only issues I would have with a group buy is the people involved would need to be responsible, and also depends on who sets the account up. This would determine what our "home" location is and what games would be blacked out.

How would the home location thing work though? Each time I use the MLB.TV app on my iPhone or iPad, they would always check my location first before making sure if I was in a blackout area or not. Wouldnt it be the same too even though we "set" a home location.

FYI.. their rules state that shared accounts are illegal and subject to close without warning.

Also, the games that are blacked out are determined by your IP when you log in, not by any "home account". For example, my "home account" is in South Florida which blacks out Marlins games, but when I traveled to New Jersey, the Yankees and Mets were blacked out and I could watch the Marlins. But, this is also how they can track if you're sharing accounts, so.. yeah.

No one has an instance where a shared account has been deleted. So I do not see this as being that risky of an investment.

[quote name='Steggy']No one has an instance where a shared account has been deleted. So I do not see this as being that risky of an investment.[/QUOTE]

Yup, every year over at SD there's always a big thread about people setting up groups to share an account so I'd imagine there shouldnt be that much to sweat about.

[quote name='Smike']FYI.. their rules state that shared accounts are illegal and subject to close without warning.

Also, the games that are blacked out are determined by your IP when you log in, not by any "home account". For example, my "home account" is in South Florida which blacks out Marlins games, but when I traveled to New Jersey, the Yankees and Mets were blacked out and I could watch the Marlins. But, this is also how they can track if you're sharing accounts, so.. yeah.[/QUOTE]

You still watch Marlin games? Man do I feel bad for you as your owner just committed legal theft and left the Marlins with a A league team

A friend and I started an account earlier this week and haven't had any trouble so far watching games at the same time. For what it's worth, we're in the same town, not spread out across the country.

I have shared it across the country with a friend and both have used it at the same time without issue. We even had a third person try it and it worked for all three of us. I never had the nerve to push it past three though.

This year, so far two buddies of mine (one local and one thousands of miles away) are using the same Audio account at the same time with no issues.

bread's done
Back