MLP: Friendship Is Magic Season 2 - $24.49 @ Amazon (Preorder)

Who approved.

TennantDaviesInterview1-thumb-550x415-30833.jpg

[quote name='mcdaking84']Dear lord, please tell me you are joking[/QUOTE]

This series has a HUGE periphary demo. The former head writer, Lauren Faust, used to work on a lot of CN's top shows like Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Laboratory, and is also the wife of Craig McCracken.

[quote name='DNukem170']This series has a HUGE periphary demo. The head writer, Lauren Faust, used to work on a lot of CN's top shows like Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Laboratory, and is also the wife of Craig McCracken.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Foster's too.

Just watch one episode and it is over. I consider myself to have excellent taste in shows and movies and I found this pretty enjoyable. Not to mention I can get away with watching and secretly enjoy because I have a 3 year old daughter. :)

I officially declare this a flame-free zone, you can post an honest to goodness personal gripe about the show (that's not related to grown men liking it), but no flaming. It's a good show, get over it. (that was not directed at anyone in the thread necessarily, just putting that out there to anyone who wants to start flaming people for liking this show.

Watched the first five episodes, didn't see what all the hype was about. Seemed like inoffensive fluff, but I'd hesitate to call it good.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Watched the first five episodes, didn't see what all the hype was about. Seemed like inoffensive fluff, but I'd hesitate to call it good.[/QUOTE]The first five episodes don't really reflect why the show is so good, as the writing has gotten better over time.

What! No Blu-Ray? I want the first two seasons on Blu-Ray. The vibrant, colorful animation benefits greatly from high-definition. Why no Blu-Ray?!

That said, I'll be keeping my eye open for deals on the season sets. Lauren Faust always does a great job of infusing heart and humor into her animated excursions.

[quote name='Richard Kain']What! No Blu-Ray? I want the first two seasons on Blu-Ray. The vibrant, colorful animation benefits greatly from high-definition. Why no Blu-Ray?![/QUOTE]

Hasbro probably assumed it wouldn't sell. Considering B&M stores don't even carry Transformers Prime on Blu-ray, they probably figure they wouldn't carry MLP.

[quote name='Richard Kain']What! No Blu-Ray? I want the first two seasons on Blu-Ray. The vibrant, colorful animation benefits greatly from high-definition. Why no Blu-Ray?![/QUOTE]
Yup, my TV show buying has become dependent on blu-rays being available. So I've had to skip buying a ton of sitcoms over these past couple of years, and MLP:FIM. :cry:

[quote name='Vigilante']The first five episodes don't really reflect why the show is so good, as the writing has gotten better over time.[/QUOTE] Pretty much agree here. The show really starts to pick up around the second half of the first season (with things really picking up in season 2).

bread's done
Back