MMPR Megazord Reissue

I know Walmart here had them, but they sold out fast... I think Target should be getting them soon if they don't have them already...

I keep seeing the figures, but not the megazord at the three different Wal-marts I went to.
There wasn't label for it on the shelf, so I'm guessing I'm gonna have to just keep an eye out

Disney is skipping doing a new Power Rangers series this year and is instead giving Mighty Morphin Power Rangers an HD restore and will be re-airing the seasons as if its a new show starting Jan 2nd.

That's why we are seeing all the new MMPR toys.

I remember coming home from college to either watch the timed-recording of it or early enough to sit and watch the entire line-up for the weekday afternoons. Do kids these days even have as awesome of a line-up as we had? I mean, we had MMPR, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Batman and Superman Adventures, and I think Pokemon was in there as well. Shoot, does the Saturday morning cartoon line-up even match that?

[quote name='equest943']I remember coming home from college to either watch the timed-recording of it or early enough to sit and watch the entire line-up for the weekday afternoons. Do kids these days even have as awesome of a line-up as we had? I mean, we had MMPR, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Batman and Superman Adventures, and I think Pokemon was in there as well. Shoot, does the Saturday morning cartoon line-up even match that?[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but my Fox Kids lineup didn't have stupid Pokemon in it. Thank God.

In it's place? X-Men. EFF yeah!

[quote name='equest943']Shoot, does the Saturday morning cartoon line-up even match that?[/QUOTE]

Saturday mornings sure have gone to hell since I was a kid. Fox doesn't have a Saturday line up anymore -- these days, Power Rangers is the only show I have to look forward to. Now that RPM is over, I don't even have anything new to enjoy.

[quote name='DjHero_X']Went out again today.. still nothing. once again my childhood is crushed. Is the High Octance Zord worth it? Also Amazon had the Value Max Zord on sale for like 9 bucks..

Here's a link http://www.amazon.com/Power-Ranger-...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1262036347&sr=8-2[/QUOTE]

The High Octane Megazord is the only RPM Megazord with a decent stand-alone combined mode, the real fun comes from combining the four Megazords together to make the RPM Ultrazord. At $9.99 the Valvemax is well worth it, I also see that Amazon also has the Mach in stock. Picking those two up means only having to get the very very very overstocked High Octane and the elusive Paleomax to complete the combination^^.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander'] Picking those two up means only having to get the very very very overstocked High Octane and the elusive Paleomax to complete the combination^^.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with your Paleomax search. High Octane is the only one that made it to my area (aside from the HO/Valvemax TRU two-pack). I had to have some people online hook me up with the Mach and Paleomax, and picked up the Road Attack zord on ebay.

This isn't a reissue, the original was bigger and more durable. This one is still good, about 3/4 scale of the first, but not worth more than $25 Thank goodness they didn't outfit this MZ with thunderbolts, so in some ways it's better. I've seen them at Walmarts only, in SE Michigan so far

[quote name='redroversk']This isn't a reissue, the original was bigger and more durable. This one is still good, about 3/4 scale of the first, but not worth more than $25 Thank goodness they didn't outfit this MZ with thunderbolts, so in some ways it's better. I've seen them at Walmarts only, in SE Michigan so far[/QUOTE]

Where in SE Michigan? Monroe here, only at Walmarts. I hear it's cheaper at Target so I've been holding out. I'm hoping a Dragonzord gets rereleased that you can attach to it.

I remember getting the original for Xmas one year, it had all 5 or 6 pieces, I don't remember, that you put together to form the megazord. I loved that thing, I'm sure I still have it around somewhere. Is it worth anything?

[quote name='PR Mega X']Good luck with your Paleomax search. High Octane is the only one that made it to my area (aside from the HO/Valvemax TRU two-pack). I had to have some people online hook me up with the Mach and Paleomax, and picked up the Road Attack zord on ebay.[/QUOTE]

I've had my Paleomax for a few months now^^. I had to go the online route for Valvemax and Mach though, but I didn't pay those horrible eBay prices.

As for the new MMPR Megazord I don't have a single complaint except for one thing, STICKERS! Why did Bandai have to undo so many years of moving ahead by giving us stickers again?

[quote name='Vinny']These were reissued? Holy shat... I need to track one down.[/QUOTE]

Not reissued, just a new version. The 2010 release is a bit smaller, less chunky, no chrome, and less losable pieces.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Not reissued, just a new version. The 2010 release is a bit smaller, less chunky, no chrome, and less losable pieces.[/QUOTE]

Oh... screw that then. My search for the original continues unless I somehow find $100, in which case I'll buy one from eBay.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Can't find any pricing info on this, anybody know how much this is?[/QUOTE]

$25 at Wal-Mart. If Target is following the same pricing scheme they did for RPM, should be $20 there.

Aw I want one since I never had one as a child. I wonder if TRU also stocks them.
But there are no wheels, and the legs don't completely snap in? I guess that's what you get for about $20ish.

Thanks PR Mega X, I have a $25 GC to Walmart so it all works out lol

I've always wanted one as a child, so this is a perfect opportunity to realize my childhood dream, even though it is made kinda cheaply :p

My original Megazord was taken by my nephew never to be seen again, pisses me off to this day. Looking at the pics of the current one yeah the quality took a slight dive but hey better then nothing

Every time I look at this thread it makes me miss my Dragonzord/Green Ranger set that I gave to my friend's little brother. Sigh.

Hope they reissue the Dragonzord too. I'll be all over that.

[quote name='HydroX']Every time I look at this thread it makes me miss my Dragonzord/Green Ranger set that I gave to my friend's little brother. Sigh.

Hope they reissue the Dragonzord too. I'll be all over that.[/QUOTE]
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I read that the Dragonzord will be reissued in the Fall wave of Power Rangers sets. Then all we'll need is Titanus for the Ultrazord.

[quote name='Disneyboy']I'm not 100% sure, but I think I read that the Dragonzord will be reissued in the Fall wave of Power Rangers sets. Then all we'll need is Titanus for the Ultrazord.[/QUOTE]

Sweeeeet!

I'm definitely going to see if I can find a Green Ranger locally. Hopefully by the time the fall wave comes out, it'll include a White Ranger and White Tigerzord as well.

[quote name='CapAmerica']Disney is skipping doing a new Power Rangers series this year and is instead giving Mighty Morphin Power Rangers an HD restore and will be re-airing the seasons as if its a new show starting Jan 2nd.

That's why we are seeing all the new MMPR toys.[/QUOTE]

Screw the toys, I just want full season box sets, especially of ninja storm and, to a lesser extent, dino thunder. HD restore will be interesting, because that is some pretty poor source video.

[quote name='mietha']Screw the toys, I just want full season box sets, especially of ninja storm and, to a lesser extent, dino thunder. HD restore will be interesting, because that is some pretty poor source video.[/QUOTE]
You're going to be disappointed. The "reversioning" of MMPR launched yesterday, and it was awful. They added all kinds of bizarre Windows Movie Maker type effects over the original shows, and stupid edits like screen rotating and weird borders. Plus, the video quality was pretty "meh." Looks like they just oversaturated the color. Definitely NOT an HD-restore.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']You're going to be disappointed. The "reversioning" of MMPR launched yesterday, and it was awful. They added all kinds of bizarre Windows Movie Maker type effects over the original shows, and stupid edits like screen rotating and weird borders. Plus, the video quality was pretty "meh." Looks like they just oversaturated the color. Definitely NOT an HD-restore.[/QUOTE]

I saw it also, my god what did they do to the show? They even added those corny "bam!, pow!, etc" stuff from the 60's Batman in there.

Gotta remember to stop by the toy section next time I'm at TRU or Target and see if they have any Megazords. Missed out on them when they first came out.

wtf is happening..?

did they relaunch the original MMPR? man i need to see this asap!

Also i noticed some toys on ebay like the dragon dagger are available and appear as new 2010?.. they dont look the same to me but i could be wrong

edit- found torrents.. downloading now. I know i will be dissapointed

BTW, how much are the 4in figures?
I tried ringing those up at wal-mart, but they weren't in the system yet...

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']BTW, how much are the 4in figures?
I tried ringing those up at wal-mart, but they weren't in the system yet...[/QUOTE]

FWIW, they're $6.99 at Target.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']You're going to be disappointed. The "reversioning" of MMPR launched yesterday, and it was awful. They added all kinds of bizarre Windows Movie Maker type effects over the original shows, and stupid edits like screen rotating and weird borders. Plus, the video quality was pretty "meh." Looks like they just oversaturated the color. Definitely NOT an HD-restore.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, does anyone know if the new version is online some place? I want to see how disney raped everyone's childhood.

[quote name='KingDox']Oh man, does anyone know if the new version is online some place? I want to see how disney raped everyone's childhood.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about streaming, but dekabroken from Rangerboard encoded them and has them available for download:

Episode 01 "Day of the Dumpster" -- http://www.multiupload.com/XZ8561ORID
Episode 02 "High Five" -- http://www.multiupload.com/LDE5YUF1WP

I watched them with my girlfriend, and I can't count the number of times I used the phrase "unnecessary bullshit" while watching what was done to this series.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']So its gonna be $40+ for all six... :/[/QUOTE]

I swear it's 4.99 or 5.99 a figure at Walmart... odd since the zord is overpriced there.

[quote name='PR Mega X']I watched them with my girlfriend, and I can't count the number of times I used the phrase "unnecessary bullshit" while watching what was done to this series.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much kept thinking the same thing. All the added effects make me cringe, and the new logo is awful too.

Wish they could have just left this alone.

bread's done
Back