MMS cell phone harassment +payback ideas

andy1ua

CAG Veteran
So, back story first. A random cell phone number texted me a week ago and would consistently send me random texts which I would not respond to. Finally, one of my friends took my phone and started to ask who this person was and why they were texting me. We never really received a serious reply, just more harassment. Finally a picture of the guy's "junk" was sent to my phone, at which point I told him to stop or the authorities would be notified. No more pictures were sent, but I will periodically get a text from the number with "miss u" or "hey sugapie" and stuff like that.

Now the mature part of me thinks I should, at the very least, block the number through AT&T or report the number to the local police since it borders on indecent exposure and probably some other stuff (seriously, I could have been minor).

Now the immature part of me wants to post his cell phone number on this board, and various other boards for the internet community at large to get creative. Oh, and possibly around town, in random places.

Thoughts? Any other ideas?

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Was it Brett Favre?[/QUOTE]

"Hey its me Brett, just got done with practice...you know practice, wana come over and hang out"

Call #2 "Hey its me again, just finish practice you know"

Step 1 has been initiated. One of my buddies is a producer of the evening news for a local NBC affiliate that covers three to four major metropolitan areas. He had the guys number scroll of the marquee with the message ###-###-#### is seeking your support for the fight against STDs. For every text message received, he will donate $1 to local agencies for STD education and awareness.

[quote name='andy1ua']Step 1 has been initiated. One of my buddies is a producer of the evening news for a local NBC affiliate that covers three to four major metropolitan areas. He had the guys number scroll of the marquee with the message ###-###-#### is seeking your support for the fight against STDs. For every text message received, he will donate $1 to local agencies for STD education and awareness.[/QUOTE]

That is fucking AWESOME!!

[quote name='andy1ua']Step 1 has been initiated. One of my buddies is a producer of the evening news for a local NBC affiliate that covers three to four major metropolitan areas. He had the guys number scroll of the marquee with the message ###-###-#### is seeking your support for the fight against STDs. For every text message received, he will donate $1 to local agencies for STD education and awareness.[/QUOTE]

You should probably be careful about posting anymore information as the FCC probably wouldn't take too kindly to this prank.

[quote name='TheRock88']Post his number on /b/, problem solved.[/QUOTE]

/b/ is not your personal army.

Pics or it didn't happen, etc.

It would cost a (monthly?) fee to block the number...right? Don't pay for that.

Either ignore until they get bored, or, start whoring the number out (which it sounds like you're doing).

[quote name='Rig']It would cost a (monthly?) fee to block the number...right? Don't pay for that.

Either ignore until they get bored, or, start whoring the number out (which it sounds like you're doing).[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Blocking doesn't cost anything. Also, you put that number out and you're likely to get in deep shit.

[quote name='crushtopher']Wrong. Blocking doesn't cost anything. Also, you put that number out and you're likely to get in deep shit.[/QUOTE]

How do you block numbers for free? When I search AT&T, I see:

How do I block a phone number?
To learn about parental control options for parents to use to set limits on a child's wireless usage, see What are Smart Limits?

You may also want to visit AT&T Smart Controls, the online destination where AT&T customers can manage content/location, control spending, increase safety, and limit time for their Wireless, Internet, TV, and U-verse services.

When I look at "Smart Limits", it says it's $4.99 per month.

Also: http://www.att.net/s/editorial.dll?...le&render=y&ac=1&ck=&ch=smartcontrol&cat=smct

So, how do you block a number for free?

[quote name='Rig']How do you block numbers for free? When I search AT&T, I see:

When I look at "Smart Limits", it says it's $4.99 per month.

Also: http://www.att.net/s/editorial.dll?...le&render=y&ac=1&ck=&ch=smartcontrol&cat=smct

So, how do you block a number for free?[/QUOTE]

You think that's the only option for blocking a number? Not all cell plans require "family allowances" of some sort. For T-Mobile, I just add the number to a list. It's simple. Best was would be to go down to a retail store, explain the situation, and look at options. But I've never paid a dime to block someone.

[quote name='MrX']Glitter Bitches?[/QUOTE]

I love how this still gets quoted from me this many years after I originally said it. I should be a CAG legend for the amount of times that has been quoted. Although I am pretty sure I got it from a stand up.....

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Write his number on the stall doors of every public restroom in town.[/QUOTE]

this, but take it a step further. write "think yours is bigger than mine? prove it! cell# xxx-xxx-xxxx" on the bathroom walls. let him get a phone full of dick pix.

Please believe that I was the hero in this situation, but long story short:

Someone posted my number on /b/ and only 2 or 3 people called me.

[quote name='crushtopher']You think that's the only option for blocking a number? Not all cell plans require "family allowances" of some sort. For T-Mobile, I just add the number to a list. It's simple. Best was would be to go down to a retail store, explain the situation, and look at options. But I've never paid a dime to block someone.[/QUOTE]

AT&T cannot/will not block a cell phone number through their customer care. The only way they will block a number is via their Family Account addition.

If you're being harassed (again, on AT&T), they will ask you to change your number...which also costs something. But then, you can usually get that waived if it's indeed harassment. (I doubt the OP wants to change his number though.)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You should probably be careful about posting anymore information as the FCC probably wouldn't take too kindly to this prank.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was working when my buddy claimed he did it, but the concept isn't that hard to get away with. The local news has this number you can text with "community events and activities" that they will review and scroll across the bottom of the screen (like ESPN) during the evening news. He says they get completely ridiculous and inappropriate texts all the time when they screen what to put up.

I haven't heard back from the number since then, so who knows.

[quote name='crushtopher']Be an adult and block the number. Don't be a litle bitch and make this an issue.[/QUOTE]

I called my provider and it's $4.99/mo to block a number or I can change my number which also costs. I recently jailbroke my iPhone though, and I'm contemplating a program called iBlacklist. Seems legit.

And what is glitter bitches? (I'm assuming it's not what google and the website "Glitter Bitches" leads me to believe it is...)

Hmm.

Couple years back, I'd been in the bush for about two weeks - no cell reception, no visits to town for the duration. I'm riding in some old-ass school bus at 11:00 PM, me and everyone else are soaking wet, yet the front window's open to keep the window from fogging up. 40 minutes into the drive and there's a vibration in my pack. Pull out my phone, go through my voicemail, and I get:

"Hey, fucker, guess what? You fuckin'... you fuckin'... you fucked with the wrong fucker. You think you can fuckin' steal from me? Steal from my fuckin' girl? fuck you. You should fuckin'... yeah! Step up... fuck!"

[quote name='The Crotch']Hmm.

Couple years back, I'd been in the bush for about two weeks - no cell reception, no visits to town for the duration. I'm riding in some old-ass school bus at 11:00 PM, me and everyone else are soaking wet, yet the front window's open to keep the window from fogging up. 40 minutes into the drive and there's a vibration in my pack. Pull out my phone, go through my voicemail, and I get:

"Hey, fucker, guess what? You fuckin'... you fuckin'... you fucked with the wrong fucker. You think you can fuckin' steal from me? Steal from my fuckin' girl? fuck you. You should fuckin'... yeah! Step up... fuck!"
[/QUOTE]

I would have called him back playing "Kiss from a Rose."

[quote name='Rig']AT&T cannot/will not block a cell phone number through their customer care. The only way they will block a number is via their Family Account addition.

If you're being harassed (again, on AT&T), they will ask you to change your number...which also costs something. But then, you can usually get that waived if it's indeed harassment. (I doubt the OP wants to change his number though.)[/QUOTE]

And that's why AT&T has the worst customer service. I've never had to pay to block a number or even change my own. That's unfortunate.

Did the OP(or anyone suggesting something vengeful in this thread) ever stop to consider that maybe some random chick this person met gave him a bogus number and that that number just happened to be the OP's?

I know I've received repeated calls at 2-3am from people who dialed a wrong number or something. It happens.

I did, but the fact that after I texted him that I thought he had the wrong number and he was messing with the wrong guy, he persisted with the texts and sent the aforementioned lewd photo after the fact.

So basically you told him he was 'messing with the wrong guy', which some would have perceived as a threat and some folks woulda just further messed with ya just for the sake of it after that.

Either way you showed a real level of maturity in having his number scrolled on the screen.:roll: Of course, we still have no way to know IF that actually happened or not.

As for the lewd photo, it's really not that hard to copy/paste a photo from somewhere else claiming it's yours. I've had it done to me where people impersonated me on AOL years ago or re-posted/sent out my pic without my permission.

bread's done
Back