Mobile Gaming phone G2 free for Loyal Tmobile customers

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
good deal,I just got two G2 for my lines, and it was free. If your a tmobile customer, call 611, and tell the automated machine "Contract", give your information and tell the rep your interested in a free G2(s). Just passing a good deal along, remember speak nicely to the rep and you likely get everything for free, the shipping, and no fees, but it will require a data contract. Don't know where to put this but I guess its mobile gaming lol

Edit: Yes, this will upgrade your contract to another 2 years with contract, also Yes, some have reported to get the phone within only 1 into there older contract. One per line, no fees, or tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the option to upgrade my phone (to get a full discount)...Does it count toward my upgrade? I am eligable for an upgrade but waiting to see if a PSP phone will be announced (if at all for tmobile). Or is it just 2 free phones for the price for a data plan? Are there any links to their website for more information?

lol... T-Mobile. Worst provider ever. They do have good phones tho... I'll give them that.

Btw, this should go into other deals & requests. This isn't a video game ;). But w/e, I'm not really picky enough to really care that it's here.

G2 is a pretty sick phone...had mine since about a week after release (upgraded from a G1). And yes, T-Mo can be kinda slow on the data side of things sometimes, but they have great prices, and service, and where I'm from, AT&T's service is no better, and a lot more $$$. ...But the Lemmings here still flock to their iPhones!

[quote name='sgaldis']G2 is a pretty sick phone...had mine since about a week after release (upgraded from a G1). And yes, T-Mo can be kinda slow on the data side of things sometimes, but they have great prices, and service, and where I'm from, AT&T's service is no better, and a lot more $$$. ...But the Lemmings here still flock to their iPhones![/QUOTE]

Which is retarded cause a smart T-Mob user can get a jailbroken iPhone. Yeah, I'll never succumb to AT&Ts insane prices. Verizon is the way to go.

Confirmed. Just ordered my free G2. The only catch is a contract extension, but they don't ask you to change your data plan or voice plan (if it is compatible with the G2). Also, the only item I was offered to buy was the protection plan. You also have 20 days to change your mine upon receipt of the phone. However, I have been a loooooooooong time T-Mobile customer; so, everything was absolutely free.

This is just another reason was I HIGHLY prefer them over AT&T and Verizon. In my area, T-Mobile service is near perfect.

I'm curious about looking into this. I've been with T-Mobile for years and where I am they're the cheapest / most reliable.

I just wish more providers would do better deals for current customers. I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay $400 - $500 for a phone.

Holy crap I'm getting one! I didn't think I'd be able considering I renewed my contract 8 months ago for the HD2 (horrible phone). Ended up selling it and using my G1 again, but the representative told me that I was eligible and that the only issue is that my contract is increased by 8 months and my plan is $5 more a month.

The thing is I HAVE been with them for 6 years, so I guess the longer you've been with them the better. I read about this earlier but I kinda shook it off thinking I wouldn't be eligible. So, thanks for posting this and pushing me to call OP! :applause:

Also, happy holidays! :D

[quote name='EarthKing']NVM on the G2....I'll wait for the announcement of the PSP phone. Thanx for letting us know OP. It's a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm waiting for the PSP Phone too. I have a Droid 1 that has served me very well since its release date. I REALLY hope the PSP Phone is on the Verizon Network tho... Might consider changing providers if its not.

[quote name='EarthKing']NVM on the G2....I'll wait for the announcement of the PSP phone. Thanx for letting us know OP. It's a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The contract for my G1 runs out next year, and I'm hoping the PSP phone might hit the shelves right around the time I qualify for a nice upgrade. If it weren't for that, I'd probably jump on a G2.

Good deal, but all carrier's data plans are turn-offs. I've had TMo for many years now, and I still have an old Fav 5 family plan and am grandfathered in with my $5.99 TZones plan for unlimited Edge. Works on any iPhone and HD2, no 3G plan required.

If I had to pay the $30 a month per person for data, I'd shoot myself. I only use ~175-250MB of data a month, why pay that much more? Especially since it only use to cost $20 and included some messaging?

Wish TMo didn't block the IMEI's of the Android phones, I'd do this and keep my Edge, which works excellent for me and is pretty fast in the Tampa Bay FL area.

[quote name='Darknuke']Yeah I'm waiting for the PSP Phone too. I have a Droid 1 that has served me very well since its release date. I REALLY hope the PSP Phone is on the Verizon Network tho... Might consider changing providers if its not.[/QUOTE]

Your chance of seeing a PSP Phone on Verizon is almost 0%. Sony Ericsson does not make phones for CDMA carriers, only GSM.

Thanks a hell of a lot OP! Just upgraded my myTouch (original 3G) for free. My account was even 5 short of the deal but the CSR hooked me up with an account reset without me asking. Evidentially the deal is if you have not had a new phone in 22 months, just FYI. Took less than 10 minutes and my wife is absolutely thrilled. Bonus points for me.

For those of you that signed up for this deal, what kind of confirmation did you get? I thought I'd get a txt or email confirmation with shipping tracking number, but I haven't received either.

Just got the upgrade to the g2. I am only 17 months into my two year and the rep did not want to give it to me. I told her I was on a forum and members were saying it all depended on who I talked to. She immediately decided to give it to me--upgrade fee and shipping waived. Too bad I lose my 20.00 unlimited Blackberry plan and have to pay 30.00 a month now.

Yeah, I saw this on TMONews and was super excited b/c I HATE my Touch Pro 2 I paid $300 for back in Feb. Yes, I am retarded! I flash the thing almost every week, and every ROM sucks. When I saw the post, I said, sure, I'll give Android a shot. The rep just started laughing when she had my account pulled up. Said that I already upgraded both my phones (wife's included) this year and I wouldn't qualify for the free G2. I then said I read some people state they just upgraded like in June of this past summer. She wouldn't budge. I then went into some sob story about how my phone was crap, its Christmas, and I would really like to give this phone a shot. After all, I bought the G1 for my wife the first week it was out. She just offered it to me for $150. So if you aren't getting free, but still want a deal while still inside your contract, just complain

[RANT] I wish cell phone companies would wise up and realize they would sell a lot more phones if they didn't have these stupid 2 year waiting period. I mean, what phone ever lasts somebody (other than chicks) 2 years!?! I've never had one, not even a RAZR last that long. I don't know, but the one thing I would be for is if they offered a lifetime contract with a steep fee to get out (say $500 iso $250), if they'd let you get the discount price on a phone any day of the week! I know I'd buy at least a phone a year for sure[/RANT]

CSR wouldn't budge and sounded like he had a script line that what I'm reading online is false and he can't do anything to give me a phone if I'm only 14 months into a plan (Touch Pro 2...all the ROMs suck...should have went iPhone). I doubt calling back would work since they put notes on your calls.

I had no luck, I had my phone contract for at least 4-5 years and still they wouldn't give it to me. I think the discounted price for each phone they were willing to give me was $259.99 >.< Sucks for me! =D

This isn't really a deal even if you can get the phone for free considering how much more expensive the contract is for the same service level.

[quote name='hpv']This isn't really a deal even if you can get the phone for free considering how much more expensive the contract is for the same service level.[/QUOTE]

i mean i didnt have a data plan at all before and was paying around $45. With the new plan itll cost around $69-70. So really its only costing me about 25 more a month and now i can do 10x more stuff with my phone than i ever could on my shitty blackberry. I think it's worth it.

bread's done
Back