Modded Xbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdw3877

CAGiversary!
Just starting a thread here to see how many Cheap Ass Gamers have a modded xbox. (For the ultimate cheap ass.) And if you do, what chip do you use and what bios?

Me, I have 2 Xbox's. One unmodded for play on Live, and one modded with a XBIT chip running EvoX and AvaLaunch.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']This topic is SOOOO gonna turn into a flame war.[/quote]

I'm suprised it hasn't already. And modding is bad mmmm-kay?

[quote name='gdw3877']Just starting a thread here to see how many Cheap Ass Gamers have a modded xbox. (For the ultimate cheap ass.) And if you do, what chip do you use and what bios?

Me, I have 2 Xbox's. One unmodded for play on Live, and one modded with a XBIT chip running EvoX and AvaLaunch.[/quote]

That's why. Pirating is a touchy subject. This topic will quickly become locked.

Oh. Oops. How about modding for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES? That's what I meant. For people who would like to learn about reverse engineering and programming. Yeah, that's it.

[quote name='gdw3877']Oh. Oops. How about modding for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES? That's what I meant. For people who would like to learn about reverse engineering and programming. Yeah, that's it.[/quote]

Yea, that won't help.

You guys know that it is not illegal to put a mod chip in your Xbox. You can even run Linux on your Xbox, and still encounter no legal issues. It's illegal according to the DMCRA to do certain other things, but you still have the right to make backups of games you own.

[quote name='gdw3877']You guys know that it is not illegal to put a mod chip in your Xbox. You can even run Linux on your Xbox, and still encounter no legal issues. It's illegal according to the DMCRA to do certain other things, but you still have the right to make backups of games you own.[/quote]

You do NOT want to start this up... but modding your xbox is IFFY at best.. and it is 100% illegal to make backups of games you own. Read the back page of a manual of a game you own.

[quote name='gdw3877']You guys know that it is not illegal to put a mod chip in your Xbox. You can even run Linux on your Xbox, and still encounter no legal issues. It's illegal according to the DMCRA to do certain other things, but you still have the right to make backups of games you own.[/quote]

But to make the backups, you have to reverse engineer, and hence walk through the grey area and into the dark side.

--THREAD LOCKED--

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back