Model Rocketry in california

Earmuffin585

CAGiversary!
Is it illegal to launch rockets in San Francisco as long as you check all the fire safety items. I have a football field to myself and half of a baseball field in really big park.

[quote name='ph33r m3']You're a fuckin' idiot.[/QUOTE]

How so ? I started on a forum that is all about rocketry and I got no response. Sorry if i started this thread here , but I was only trying to reach out for answers .

I can't speak for SF ordinances. That city is fucked for having fun with anything that involves combustion.

Your best bet is to consult with your local fire department and get the go ahead from them. Remember to write down their names who give you the approval incase they're wrong. Also make sure you're not breaking the FAA rules and need a license (propellant weight or max altitude are the two to look out for).

Edit:

I know the local fire marshall, in SoCal, will give you a waiver stating that they approved of your launch.

[quote name='Magehart']I can't speak for SF ordinances. That city is fucked for having fun with anything that involves combustion.

Your best bet is to consult with your local fire department and get the go ahead from them. Remember to write down their names who give you the approval incase they're wrong. Also make sure you're not breaking the FAA rules and need a license (propellant weight or max altitude are the two to look out for).

Edit:

I know the local fire marshall, in SoCal, will give you a waiver stating that they approved of your launch.[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much for your post.

bread's done
Back