Modern Warfare 2 CAG Clan - Wednesday/Friday @ 7PST/10EST

[quote name='jmbreci']Game night? I should be free most of the evening.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a plan, I should be good to go tonight.

Since I doubt I will ever play COD BO again, I just locked in my COD BO tradein at amazon for 32.25, putting that towards the Socom 4 Move/SS Bundle. Anyone know of a better trade value for it? I have til 30 Mar to mail it off, so I have time to hustle more money out of this game. I still need the damn zombies trophies, too frustrating.

Are any of you MW2 guys interested in Crysis 2 or I'm I the only one. I'm liking what I've played so far, I'm not to anal on FPS though, I've played and enjoyed most of them like WAW, BLOPS, MW2, BF:BC2, and even stuck with the not so great MOH (nokill's most hyped game of 2010). I think I'm going to stick with Crysis 2 until BF3 depending on how SOCOM is I still need to try the beta. I would recommend crysis, but I want to you to know what I've played and enjoyed.

As much as I really want to support IW right now, fourzerotwo just tweeted that they'll never turn off auto aim for MW2. Which means quickscopers will always have a home. I think it's a completely shitty choice for a game that has been out for so long now.

Don't forget that they need to patch this again to remove (hopefully) all of the hacks. I really wish I was recording last night so you could see the crazy death I suffered from the speed hack in Storm. Mind you I had cold-blooded, ninja, and silenced weapons. I was coming up the stairs to the area with the mannequins and the other person was coming in off the catwalk. Before I can raise my weapon to shoot he manages to switch weapons, cover the entire distance between us and knife me....all before I can get my weapon raised - and I saw him before he saw me because he was backing into the room.

It seems like the speed hack and the radar hack are the two prevalent ones remaining. I know Mad and I both suffered from the radar hack more than a couple of times last night, although I don't think either was present as much in S&D. I think I only witnessed one radar hack in S&D while we were playing Trailer Park Trash.

Mad - I can hear better directionally with the new headphones, but you could see how the delay was killing me - as evident in TP. It would have helped us if we had anyone else who knew the concepts of how to play last night. I have a great idea, the other team has 2 quick scopers and have called in Choppers and Harriers while none of you are cold-blooded....lets bunch up in front of the windows. My highlight of the night was the level 70, 10th prestige kids (hacks) who were still talking trash after going 0-12 in the two S&D games.

I'm probably in for Friday night....although I probably will not be around until 10ish CDT.

Had to save this thread from going to page 4.

Evilone, I am getting my network setup to you in a PM. Hopefully you can help me optimize without too much headache or additional acquisition cost.

[quote name='Velo214']so there are still hackers on mw2?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's back to pre-patch conditions. The exception is they can't derank or uprank you, other than that they have full access to the rest of their cheats. They can screw up your score but not unlock challenges, awaiting the next patch from IW. XBox 360 and PC are slated to receive the updated patch before PS3.

madre di Dios! this thing is still alive?!

I fired up the ps3 after months off (been working mostly and playing sports now that the weather is nicer) and saw kaiser and mad on. I just got cod waw from goozex so I'll probably beat the campaign online if anyone is up for joining. still gotta shake off the rust

yeah fred, missed you man. we should fire this up just to have a reunion since its been a while. if you guys have borderlands then we could play that too.

I have SOCOM preorder...I'm about 90% sure I'm getting this game. I've enjoyed the beta so far and it would be cool to get the MW2 clan back playing a fps of some sort. Brink is on my radar as well.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']is homefront any good? the commercial says it has "CoD beating multiplayer" !![/QUOTE]

Matchmaking is still broken. And if you like running at a snails pace, then yea. This wipes CoD across the floor 10x over.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']is homefront any good? the commercial says it has "CoD beating multiplayer" !![/QUOTE]

Haven't gotten a chance to play it, but I do know that the game was selling so poorly that THQ's stock dropped 10 points and the game had to be discounted a day after it came out.:whistle2:#

Well, maybe the next multiplayer game will be Battlefield 3? I plan to not pick up anything COD, Treyarch, Activision from day 1 (maybe after the price drops).

[quote name='Mad39er']Yeah, it's back to pre-patch conditions. The exception is they can't derank or uprank you, other than that they have full access to the rest of their cheats. They can screw up your score but not unlock challenges, awaiting the next patch from IW. XBox 360 and PC are slated to receive the updated patch before PS3.[/QUOTE]

Really? I was playing MW2 last night and I didn't notice any "hacking" for a good 2+ hours. Before patch I'd see it all the time. Maybe the patch just deterred them. "Oh well, can't hack after this patch, might as well just play normally."

Also, my cousin (CoD: BO fan) said he liked the Homefront multiplayer more, whatever that's worth. He's a cool guy, but he only plays casually.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Really? I was playing MW2 last night and I didn't notice any "hacking" for a good 2+ hours. Before patch I'd see it all the time. Maybe the patch just deterred them. "Oh well, can't hack after this patch, might as well just play normally."

Also, my cousin (CoD: BO fan) said he liked the Homefront multiplayer more, whatever that's worth. He's a cool guy, but he only plays casually.[/QUOTE]
It's more fear that they're going to get banned if they do completely overt cheating. Now they just cheat for themselves and whomever they're partied with, so UAV/Radar hacks and the like are more common than what you're used to. I know more or less when I'm against a hacker and when it's just spawn camping because of the team I get stuck on.

S&D is more a test of reactionary skills but early early on Nubbles, myself and 3 others ran into one guy who used the radar hack to kill all of us as we were coming around corners. It's hard to beat planned cheatings with unprepared reactions but I found equpping Akimbo Rangers makes them choose an easier target.

[quote name='Mad39er']It's more fear that they're going to get banned if they do completely overt cheating. Now they just cheat for themselves and whomever they're partied with, so UAV/Radar hacks and the like are more common than what you're used to. I know more or less when I'm against a hacker and when it's just spawn camping because of the team I get stuck on.

S&D is more a test of reactionary skills but early early on Nubbles, myself and 3 others ran into one guy who used the radar hack to kill all of us as we were coming around corners. It's hard to beat planned cheatings with unprepared reactions but I found equpping Akimbo Rangers makes them choose an easier target.[/QUOTE]

Ninja Pro? I'm assuming you all use it, since you guys use Headsets you know the dangers of not having Ninja Pro on, so you're probably right about that guy. Though, it's probably way more prevalent[cheating] in other modes besides SnD.

I always thought of SnD as a combination of reaction and strategy. Like knowing what the other teams play like, which can be determined by mid-second round, and being able to adapt to it, and know when to move. Only thing that takes me awhile to get used to is rushers. I have a slower-then-most reaction time on knifing[firing I don't] so I usually lose out to that since I'm a slow mover. (Riot Shield or Sniping mostly)

Marathon-Lightweight-Ninja I find are harder to kill; MLC, not so much.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Are there any GT5 races planned or what not?

If not, I will most likely be on tonight, at 7 PST.[/QUOTE]
I moved my races to Sundays as I couldn't maintain a weekday crowd decently. I'll be on after eating some reheated chinese food. Hope to catch you.

[quote name='rmb']Anyone up for tonight?[/QUOTE]
PSN has been down since yesterday at least. Been playing SOCOM 4 singleplayer campaign though. I'm digging it even though it's a little awkward. MW2 still does third person mo betta.

The last time I played MW2 (January?) about 50% of the players were using hacks. They were moving insanely fast and seemed invunerable to any weapon used. One guy took four shotgun blasts to the chest before he shot me once for the kill.

Is this type of stuff still going on? It's a shame because I loved playing MW2 with my co-workers and BLOPS was a disappointment.

Tempted to pick up Socom 4, but I will most likely wait a few months, until the patches start rolling.

I guess MW2 will do, until UC3.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Tempted to pick up Socom 4, but I will most likely wait a few months, until the patches start rolling.

I guess MW2 will do, until UC3.[/QUOTE]
I'll let you know how the multi is, the Socom regulars are a little too high strung and biased. Wigs are splitting in that thread but I think most of it is overreactions. It can't be that terrible from what I've played of singleplayer.

The problem with the 'SOCOM Vets' is that they expect the same exact game they played in SOCOM 2 back on the PS2 some 10 years ago. News flash, things have changed greatly since then. If you want to play a niche type of game like that, boot up your PS2's and setup a private room.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I can't get over how much more fun killzone 2 is in sp and mp than this turd.
Slocom is on par with MW2.[/QUOTE]
I bet you rock the ku$h clan tag too, I swear potheads make the worst MW2 players.

[quote name='Mad39er']I bet you rock the ku$h clan tag too, I swear potheads make the worst MW2 players.[/QUOTE]

Potheads make the worst of most things I've come to find. I try not to judge, but most of them sound like retards.

[quote name='SynGamer']Potheads make the worst of most things I've come to find. I try not to judge, but most of them sound like retards.[/QUOTE]

on the contrary, pot heads make for a great movie! :D

[quote name='Mad39er']I bet you rock the ku$h clan tag too, I swear potheads make the worst MW2 players.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't consider a 1.0 kd to be the worst but its my worst from anygame i have ever played by far. Its gotta be all those noob tubes, alleyways, knifings from a mile away, and aim assist that did it to me though. I refuse to play games anymore online that have a aim assist. I don't even use that garbage in 1 player cause it always messes me up. But the main reason i don't play as good as i do in other games is beacuse i don't care enough about the game to learn the maps and MW2 is the worst game i have ever played online and is in my bottom 3 out of over 30 games for sp experience on ps3. The only good thing about this piece are the guns but the reticules are jacked up enough to make them not so good.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I wouldn't consider a 1.0 kd to be the worst but its my worst from anygame i have ever played by far. Its gotta be all those noob tubes, alleyways, knifings from a mile away, and aim assist that did it to me though. I refuse to play games anymore online that have a aim assist. I don't even use that garbage in 1 player cause it always messes me up. But the main reason i don't play as good as i do in other games is beacuse i don't care enough about the game to learn the maps and MW2 is the worst game i have ever played online and is in my bottom 3 out of over 30 games for sp experience on ps3. The only good thing about this piece are the guns but the reticules are jacked up enough to make them not so good.[/QUOTE]
Congrats, you suck at MW2. Move on.

[quote name='Mr. 420']YOur saying i suck yet i would probably whoop your ass 1 on 1. Move on lol.[/QUOTE]

Assuming no host/lag issues, I can vouch for Mad, as well as a couple of other CAGs. You're nothing if you can't pull off a 360 flying death kill... ;)

Those were some good games last Friday guys. Good team building. I will turn PSN back on for our gamer night Weds. from the hours of 10pm -3am.

[quote name='nakanenui']Stupid PSN down. Still.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kagekiri']O man I miss this thread and yes freaking PSN still down. O well Hope a game night is in the future[/QUOTE]

Can you just imagine if the whole internetz was down for even just a day? Talk about fml

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Can you just imagine if the whole internetz was down for even just a day? Talk about fml[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't know where to bitch about the internet being down.

[quote name='combatrhombus']I wouldn't know where to bitch about the internet being down.[/QUOTE]

I would write VERY ANGRY letters to Al Gore.

[quote name='SynGamer']I would write VERY ANGRY letters to Al Gore.[/QUOTE]
If the internet was down, I think we'd be fighting off an invasion rather than writing letters to soggy pants polichickens.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Did you really have to ask?[/QUOTE]

Whoa there killer! Apparently I did.

Here wait, lemme just rub my thumbs against my eyes and see if I can guess how much the DLC is......

....nope....not working.

I'm asking because I've never looked up the DLC on PSN before, only read about it. So.... if anyone was checking out the PSN store BEFORE it went down, it would be nice to know if it's still the same price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GTmaster39']Whoa there killer! Apparently I did.

Here wait, lemme just rub my thumbs against my eyes and see if I can guess how much the DLC is......

....nope....not working.

I'm asking because I've never looked up the DLC on PSN before, only read about it. So.... if anyone was checking out the PSN store BEFORE it went down, it would be nice to know if it's still the same price.[/QUOTE]

You know what, its my mistake to assume that everyone knows activision is all about raping people and their wallets.

The DLC is still full price. All COD DLC is still full price. They go on sale once in a blue moon on insanely special occasions, but 99.9999% of the time, they are full price and will remain that way. Hope that helps.

[quote name='blitz6speed']You know what, its my mistake to assume that everyone knows activision is all about raping people and their wallets.

The DLC is still full price. All COD DLC is still full price. They go on sale once in a blue moon on insanely special occasions, but 99.9999% of the time, they are full price and will remain that way. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

GTmaster,

IMO the map packs aren't worth the money. However, once psn is up and running again, if you can join a gameshare group they're definitely worth $3. Well maybe not definitely but you probably won't have buyer's regret.

bread's done
Back