Modern Warfare 2 CAG Clan - Wednesday/Friday @ 7PST/10EST

omg..
i just picked up mw2 today and the 2 times i played... i got a headache and i feel like puking...
this always happen to me during fps games on console... like killzone 2...
ahh.. what is wrong with me =(
and damn... this game is hard.. fps on pc is so much easier =)

i have the motion sickness issue too. i eventually got used to for some games, especially those at 60 fps. but i get nausea when i watch someone else play for a minute.

unfortunately, i got vertigo playing borderlands. so i wouldnt recommend borderlands either.

[quote name='LordKefka06']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6744035&postcount=2248[/QUOTE]

I for one was expecting this, but it is still awesome nonetheless.

Also, new patch should be coming yout

Updates to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s
- Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and 'elevators'
- Mouse latency tweaks for more mouse movement consistency
- Fixes to prevent various texture and XP hacks

Kefka - thanks for the pointers on where to/not to stay on certain maps last night in the few I got in on. Knowing the maps is a definite plus...and I still have a ways to go. We might have swept them if I had not sucked so much on the first round. Nothing was quite as satisfying after all of their trash talking as killing their top 2 guys trying to get the tying score at the end of the last round, both head shots. Guess I'm finding I'm better with the ACOG than the red dot.

The Invasion CTF map I can see getting a nuke on. I managed to get up to an 11 killstreak just camping the flag with C4 and my UMP. Unfortunately I didn't have my nuke equipped and the map is just bad for Chopper Gunner, too many buildings. Really requires the other team really wants the flag and not everybody on your team is camping, because the teams I was stuck with camped the flag 8 out of 10 times.

[quote name='Mad39er']The Invasion CTF map I can see getting a nuke on. I managed to get up to an 11 killstreak just camping the flag with C4 and my UMP. Unfortunately I didn't have my nuke equipped and the map is just bad for Chopper Gunner, too many buildings. Really requires the other team really wants the flag and not everybody on your team is camping, because the teams I was stuck with camped the flag 8 out of 10 times.[/QUOTE]

I think I joined for the last 4-5 matches in CTF last night. The first match the other team seemed to be camping the respawn points...at least to me since I no more than got back in after the wait time and died within 3 seconds 6 or 7 times in a row on that one. Maybe it was bad luck on my part...not sure. After we backed out once, the last group we played were definitely camping on the flag.

I know I can still learn a ton from you, Kefka and a few others...I just have to find some time to put into it....

[quote name='zenithyoda']Updates to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized[/QUOTE]

Thank god, I was so sick of listening to people say that running around like you're holding your bowels (with a marker) at 2x speed was not a glitch. That should help against people who glitch through claymores now.

In advance: I'm really encouraging everybody to pickup all the MW2 map packs, because if we party up, we won't be able to play any of the map packs. Even if everybody else has purchased them.

If it comes to it, I can help setup gameshares.

EDIT: Lucky 360 people.

-----

:whee: BFGN! :whee:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LordKefka06']U2EZ =)

-----

New Year Resolution: Get most of the CAG people a nuke through the Highrise tactic.

-----

Just thought of a new game mode: Touch-The-Flag. It would play exactly like overtime in capture the flag, where the first team to touch the other team's flag wins. But it would have 'Search & Destroy' rounds. There would also be a "runner-cam", where it would show the last 10 seconds of the runner right before he touches it.

It would end fast, but still, it would provide fun & hectic gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Yea, need some new game modes. Ignoring the fact that socom on the psp is umm garbage. They need to copy the game mode from that. Not sure what the name was but the object was the same as seek and destroy. Kill the whole other team. What was cool though is you can revive teammates. So you could run and gun but if your the only one left you wanted to be stealthy and revive guys. You play a best of 11 to get a winner. Really fun games.

[quote name='Mad39er']If you see Kefka in a private game on High Rise or Afghan, he's usually showing and explaining how to access those areas and how to make that jump you were referring to. I want to know how you get on top of the L section of plane in Scrapyard personally.[/QUOTE]

Youtube for any glitches or other info.

[quote name='langdon_alger']I think I would make a great test case for this....I'm what you'd call "not very good". I think the most kills i've ever had in a round is 8 (8/16) and my best round, k/d-wise, would probably be a 5k/2a/5d

I should really try to get into a game night.[/QUOTE]I suck but it is fun. You can have a horrible k/d ratio and still help the team.

[quote name='jmbreci']I think I joined for the last 4-5 matches in CTF last night. The first match the other team seemed to be camping the respawn points...at least to me since I no more than got back in after the wait time and died within 3 seconds 6 or 7 times in a row on that one. Maybe it was bad luck on my part...not sure. After we backed out once, the last group we played were definitely camping on the flag.

I know I can still learn a ton from you, Kefka and a few others...I just have to find some time to put into it....[/QUOTE]Don't watch me. I get stupid too often. LOL

[quote name='dyeknom']Thank god, I was so sick of listening to people say that running around like you're holding your bowels (with a marker) at 2x speed was not a glitch. That should help against people who glitch through claymores now.[/QUOTE]

Considering you have Scrambler Pro delaying claymores and with Lightweight you can just run right through them, glitching is perhaps not quite the term you're looking for. There is a perk combo that doesn't set them off either. Either that or I just didn't set them off using I think Cold Blooded and Ninja.

BFGN!

I've been just terrorizing people with C4. There is nothing more satisfying than pulling the trigger and blowing anywhere from 1 to 3 people up in one shot. It's not even as flashy as a claymore to make you think twice about it, very non-threatening. Also since it's C4 you can position it anywhere as you would a semtex grenade, like inside the A Demo bomb point on Afghan map right above the bomb is one of my favorites or on cars to make an even bigger bomb out of it. Occasionally I'll plant on both sides of a flag and make a C4 sandwich of doom for flag runners, especially with those clans that send in squads of 3 to go after the flag.

Great games tonight. I'm really suprised by the turnout.

Also, I'm up for some more fight club if anybody is up to thr challenge.

The Notorious ROB: TheNotoriousROB
Experience: Beginner / Intermediate
Availability: Weds / Sat - Night
Timezone: EST
Mic: Yes
Additonal info: I can be really good or really bad.

Need advice on my rush class. Currently here's my setup:

UMP45
Magnum Tac Knife
Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Ninja Pro
Smoke
Tac Insertion

Now, close range I can knife all day obviously...but it's the mid-long range where I really lose out. I want the damage of UMP (since I won't be using stopping power) but cannot for the life of me stand the recoil. Any suggestions on a different gun? I want to be able to move as quickly as possible

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Need advice on my rush class. Currently here's my setup:

UMP45
Magnum Tac Knife
Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Ninja Pro
Smoke
Tac Insertion

Now, close range I can knife all day obviously...but it's the mid-long range where I really lose out. I want the damage of UMP (since I won't be using stopping power) but cannot for the life of me stand the recoil. Any suggestions on a different gun? I want to be able to move as quickly as possible[/QUOTE]Trying slapping a silencer on that UMP. It reduces recoil, your gun-fire is invisible on the map, & it reduces muzzle brightness when firing. Also, learn how to single fire (tapping R1) when they are at far range.

Another fun thing to do is to mess around with the throwing knife. Other than that, your pretty much set. The only other thing to improve your knifing strategy, is to learn the maps.

:whee: BFGN :whee:

I'll be hopping on in 10 minutes & will be on the whole time till game time. So be looking for an invite anytime.

Ok, I switched things up and have played alot more lately. Yesterday I went with a fast setup and had 16/20 kills with a knife. That is the way to go on some maps. I think I took out the whole other team at one point with a knife. Considering I suck as far as k/d ratio goes. My quick aiming really sucks too. In the end, 3 days ago my k/d was .64. LOL now I have it on an upward trend to .70
Considering I have to make up for 1300 or so more deaths than kills it is promising considering the uphill battle I have.

The only other thing is, why do people bitch so much on some maps when the get noobtubed? When playing sab or demo some maps it is the perfect way for defense. Even if I was a 1+ kill death ratio I'd still noobtube certain maps in those games if I am playing defense.

Had some good clan vs. clan action in the beginning, till it became out of control.

IMG_0185.jpg

kefka - after the late night search and destroy, i noticed that mic icons kept lighting up when we waited for a match that never spawned. I didn't have my mic on. (my voice volume settings are set to mute except on mic). But I managed to turn it on to hear the tail end of the conversion. So why was that guy so hard up on getting a private one on private search and match with you? I heard something about camping. But isn't that what you're supposed to do in search and destroy. And more importantly, you need to pick and choose your battles since the you were the last man standing. Only in rambo movies, the hero goes crazy and kills everyone. In the better movies, the hero when outnumbered picks and chooses his attacks... a la "camping"

Your right, IMO. In search and destroy you can't run around like a chicken with your head cut off. Same thing goes when your playing sabotage and end up in overtime. If you nottice your the only 1 left and the other team has 3-5 left you sit quietly and watch your base. Only if you have to would you show your position.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Had some good clan vs. clan action in the beginning, till it became out of control.

IMG_0185.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it took a rule of "no noob tubes" to make the game competitive and relatively fair, even if we were outnumbered most of the time. It's definitely a must for private matches. As I said, I refuse to play in a match where every death is a noob tube death and that's what happened. I know it was one of the few clan vs clan stuffs we did but it definitely has to be a rule written in blood, chiseled into stone, stickered on bumpers and posted in front of urinals for future clan vs clan matches.

The rest of the night was great, double and triple killing with C4(Kefka got the triple). All the mad rushes for the flags and the great S&D kills, it's too bad they don't show like highlight clips from Demo and Capture, because some of those were great. I liked making it to just in front of the flag in Favela with the enemy flag, getting shot into Final Stand, killing the guy who just took the flag, returning it and then capping the flag all while in Final Stand.

Fun games last night, I am completely awful though. No wonder I was a predator magnet, I must've given the other teams at least a dozen predators from dying so dang much.

[quote name='bendeco45']Fun games last night, I am completely awful though. No wonder I was a predator magnet, I must've given the other teams at least a dozen predators from dying so dang much.[/QUOTE]

Oh, a predator magnet is not bad....it is worse when you are playing in one of the maps where you spawn outside most of the time and the other team has 2 harriers flying around. While I did not get in on CAG action, I get get in on some other team deathmatch last night and this happened on the first game I joined in progress. I think in the first minute I was killed 6 or 7 times without getting more than 3 running steps in.

Listen to Kefka...learning the maps is imperative...and I know I still am....

[quote name='Mad39er']Yeah, it took a rule of "no noob tubes" to make the game competitive and relatively fair, even if we were outnumbered most of the time. It's definitely a must for private matches. As I said, I refuse to play in a match where every death is a noob tube death and that's what happened. I know it was one of the few clan vs clan stuffs we did but it definitely has to be a rule written in blood, chiseled into stone, stickered on bumpers and posted in front of urinals for future clan vs clan matches.

The rest of the night was great, double and triple killing with C4(Kefka got the triple). All the mad rushes for the flags and the great S&D kills, it's too bad they don't show like highlight clips from Demo and Capture, because some of those were great. I liked making it to just in front of the flag in Favela with the enemy flag, getting shot into Final Stand, killing the guy who just took the flag, returning it and then capping the flag all while in Final Stand.[/QUOTE]Yeah, if we're doing a private, there is no noobtubes, 3 round-burst guns, or launchers (other than stingers).

HaHa, I remember that one time where you were running to cap the flag, but then somebody dropped you into final stand ~15 feet away from the flag. So you then start to crawl backwards to cap it, while you have your riot shield protecting you. I think that was you, but it coulda been Rumaru.

[quote name='enufs8d']kefka - after the late night search and destroy, i noticed that mic icons kept lighting up when we waited for a match that never spawned. I didn't have my mic on. (my voice volume settings are set to mute except on mic). But I managed to turn it on to hear the tail end of the conversion. So why was that guy so hard up on getting a private one on private search and match with you? I heard something about camping. But isn't that what you're supposed to do in search and destroy. And more importantly, you need to pick and choose your battles since the you were the last man standing. Only in rambo movies, the hero goes crazy and kills everyone. In the better movies, the hero when outnumbered picks and chooses his attacks... a la "camping"[/QUOTE]All those guys were pissed because I did a 1v6 round & took them all out with the FAL. So then they were challenging me to some 1v1 FFA's. However, I didn't, since I really need to keep grinding to keep my kill rank up:twoguns:. I only do private matches if its a CAG game or if I really want to fuck up some shit talkers.

Here's how it went down. It was on Rundown, we were on offense, & I was using a Silenced/RDS FAL. So I spawn and go down the middle bridge. I then see a guy up on the 2nd story building across the road, so I FAL snipe him (5 left). I then jump the left side railing, down into the underpass/river. I then see the sign that says I'm the last man standing, so I walk up the stairs that go up to the left side. I don't see anybody, so I go to run to the other stairs, across the map. There's about 1 minute left. Right when I start running, I see a guy run across the middle bridge, so I assassinate him (4 left). Then there was a guy that was coming for me from the other side of the river. So I put a full clip into him with 2 hit-markers. I then ducked for cover behind the car & FAL sniped him through my car's window & out through his car's window (3 left). I was then going to go up the left bridge's stairs, but 2 guys jump over the middle bridge. I then killed 1 in mid-air (2 left) & I killed the other when he was trying to knife me (1 left). They attracted a fuck load of gun-fire attention, so I chilled back in some bushes for about 7 seconds, with about 10 seconds left. The final guy tries to gank me from the left side bridge, which I'm hiding under. So I then put 3 shots into his back, For The Win.

They then call me a camper when I was constantly TRYING to move to new spots, but they kept getting in my way.

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']I'll be on tonight. So no noob tube correct?[/QUOTE]Everything is up to you if it's a public game.

-----

Here's that glitch I was trying to test out. However, I was doing it wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCaCPPOyRlQ

-----

Check these out if you ever get bored. They're not the greatest, but it's entertaining.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6753094&postcount=2321

-----

Here's a really good pre-release interview that you guys should really check out. It talks about DLC, patches, new features.... etc....

This is what interests me the most, since this would be great for CAG clan nights.

games.on.net: Bugger. What about the idea of video sharing: in games like Halo 3 it has gone down quite well with the online community, have you considered implementing it in Modern Warfare 2?

TA: Yeah we looked at it... it’s not something we are going to do in the initial release. But it is definitely something we’ve looked at and thought about... we have it in our future to-do pile.

games.on.net: Is it possible to implement a feature like that as DLC?

TA: Anything could be DLC right now, so yeah.
-----

If you guys are having a bad MW2 day & can't seem to do shit. Try busting out some C4 & play CTF, it also helps to rock OMA/Scavenger so you can have 2 C4 down. That is some of the most fun I have ever had in MW2. Credit goes to Mad for introducing me into this new mayhem world.

I'm gonna have to try it out with a riot shield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixEedt-RDwM

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LordKefka06']We only do private if it's over 9 people, or if we are bored & wanna screw around.[/QUOTE]

like a big circle jerk, eh?

Just dropped my first nuke and was about to get my second one three matches later when a really really lucky grenade killed me at my 24th kill.

[quote name='LordKefka06']If you guys are having a bad MW2 day & can't seem to do shit. Try busting out some C4 & play CTF, it also helps to rock OMA/Scavenger so you can have 2 C4 down. That is some of the most fun I have ever had in MW2. Credit goes to Mad for introducing me into this new mayhem world.

I'm gonna have to try it out with a riot shield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixEedt-RDwM[/QUOTE]

All of his C4 tricks in the video I've used except for the riot shield. It literally is the most devious piece of equipment. If you're ever being chased on a small area map like Favela you can just throw a brick in your running direction and blow it up when the guy chasing you is about to hit it. Less placement time than a claymore, guaranteed to hit if you time it right since it's not cone-direction limited. It works well with my flag runner class, especially since you know you're going to be chased, I've actually lured people into chasing me so it's just down right dirty.

Also that flag cap was Rumaru, I rarely use the riot shield.

Heres the link to the vid of the handicapped dude playing MW2. He's got a great attitude towards the game and multiplayer. He's not bitching up a storm and taking kills with stride. I try to take a similar attitude but I get a lil more frustrated if I haven't had a snack of some kind in between matches.
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1925766

not stupid....crazy maybe....lucky beyond belief, but not necessarily stupid. I know that I have been a victim of a few of those type of shots....usually with grenades though.

CAG ID =gbpackers94
Experience: Intermediate
Availablity: Fri and Sat night but possibly every night
Mic: No
Additional Info: Can only play after 10:30 pm.

[quote name='Hostile']It took awhile to fix my crappy play at the beginning but I finally have more kills than deaths.[/QUOTE]Nice. Care to join us in some clan matches?

[quote name='LordKefka06']Nice. Care to join us in some clan matches?[/QUOTE]

Just send an invite and I'll probably join. I like to play Domination with my cousin but he will occasionally fall off the face of the planet (PSN).

Hostile = HostileFire
Experience: Intermediate-ish
Availablity: Everyday/prefer night time
Mic: Yes although I don't talk much other than cursing occasionally.
Additional Info: I will usually do good and sometimes do great. Heavy UAV user.

i just got the game, i want to complete the single player/trophy requirements before i dive into multi, since i know that for sure i will not want to go back to campaign/spec ops after playing multi. i've already beaten the game on veteran, and have 30/45 intel so i should be done with that pretty soon.

i'm looking for someone to play spec ops with on veteran, especially those really hard levels and the 2-player only ones. it's pretty lame that spec ops has no matchmaking. sure i have friends with modern warfare 2 both online and off, but most are too engrossed in multi to make a serious effort at spec-ops. i had a friend over today, but he is a really bad player - we had fun, but i didn't get my three star missions :(

bread's done
Back