Modern Warfare 2 CAG Clan - Wednesday/Friday @ 7PST/10EST

noob hunting is fine with me.....I can practice my stealth ninja shotgun-commando-knifing tactics.

Mad - it's not my fault you don't look where you are going and try to cut a corner off the line when we are running 3 wide. Just because my Z was faster than yours... :) And my revenge would've been that t-bone I missed as you got away.

Langdon - Mad & I played some the other night....started with fresh characters and it about an hour we killed 3 Balls....er, 9 Toes then I had to call it quits. I did bump that character up to about level 9 last night. Feel free to PM Mad or I if we are playing. However, we can only get 4 in on Borderlands. Mad - I am changing how I play my sniper now by the way...that was a horrible death on my part. I like my flaming repeater better.

Just ate dinner and warmed up with Hito and Kaiser some, I'll be hopping on for the rest of the night.

[quote name='jmbreci']Mad - it's not my fault you don't look where you are going and try to cut a corner off the line when we are running 3 wide. Just because my Z was faster than yours... :) And my revenge would've been that t-bone I missed as you got away.[/QUOTE]You knocked me out on Autumn Ring that night, I call it even since I was 15 to 7 seconds behind for the rest of the race.

Langdon - Mad & I played some the other night....started with fresh characters and it about an hour we killed 3 Balls....er, 9 Toes then I had to call it quits. I did bump that character up to about level 9 last night. Feel free to PM Mad or I if we are playing. However, we can only get 4 in on Borderlands. Mad - I am changing how I play my sniper now by the way...that was a horrible death on my part. I like my flaming repeater better.
You went the direct route, I like getting the 2 other red chests that are in the canyon before going to 9 Toes, woulda had more guns and exp by the time we got to the boss. I did however get screwed out of exp for those 9 levels, which is no big deal whatsoever, I'll just run through it quick and get a decent set up. I didn't like having to compete that much with you for good items, anything I get good though is pretty much yours. I just need to find some elementals for that Siren.

I'll be on. I traded BO in earlier tonight (for $48). I'm content with MW2 for now. I may pick up Modern Warfare: Domination from Gameloft on PSN when it comes out...only $7.99.

Thanks for the great turnout tonight guys. I really appreciate everybody hopping on and making game night fun again.

TY Heeto, Nubbles, monkey, Kaiser, Syn, langdon, packers and combat. I had 2 relatively decent nuke attempts so it wasn't half bad. Very nice to have Nubbles back in his old form as well. Most fun I've had since I stopped playing MW2 for Black Ops, I don't think I'll make the transition back to Black Ops unless they patch the netcode.

Sorry I missed....just got everything settled for the evening and need to hit the sack anyway. Disappointed I missed the re-re-re-appearance of Nubbles. Must've end-gamed WoW already.

We going to try for next Wed or stick with Friday only?

So I was a bit fast to hold my inside line...nothing is paid back until I tell you 5 seconds in advance that I'm going to wreck you or shove you into the sand or wall. :)

[quote name='pogipinoy27']wait what the. So everyone officially is jumping back on the MW2 train? Gotta dust off the old copy...[/QUOTE]

Yes, it appears so. had more fun last night for two hours than I had in BO since it's been out. Friendly reminder (again), GameStop is giving an extra 50% on trade-ins towards a used game. i picked up a $1.99 used NBA game and with my 10% power up rewards I came out of the store with $46.xx on my GS card :)

I probably won't be switching back on a regular basis, just thought I would play for the night since there were 8000000 people on.

If there's one thing I dont miss about MW2 is the 30 yard knife dash... No, it's not an olympic event. I hate having to adjust to the problems of MW2 after already adjusting to the ones in black ops >

[quote name='rmb']Back and ready for action[/QUOTE]
Dude, what happened to you? You disappeared for a while and weren't answering messages. I don't recall pissing you off but I thought your sudden departure was quite, well, sudden. Hope everything is alright.

So after having Black Ops problems, I'm picking up MW2 again from the Amazon deal. I got MW2 release day but traded it after a few months. I'm very excited to be getting back on.

so are the MW2 gamenights starting up again? i'll probably be available to play this week if people are up for it. normal nights? wed/fri?

i should probably hop on before game night and make sure i shake the rust off, although i was never very good to begin with :)

Yeah, I'm aiming for Wednesday as well but Fridays are more likely to seriously happen. We'll see how Wednesday goes but I'd like to get a nice group together even if it's just like 4-6 of us. Preferably enough just to noob farm and keep the noobs out of our team.

I had to take the sensitivity down to medium just to get accustomed to it. Way different than BO. Once I get back into it I can take it back up to 7 or 8.

[quote name='nakanenui']I had to take the sensitivity down to medium just to get accustomed to it. Way different than BO. Once I get back into it I can take it back up to 7 or 8.[/QUOTE]
Are you playing Lost Planet 2? Let me know, I have yet to beat the game. I definitely like co-op since you can get more of the in game good job stuff easier and players tend to die less than AI on certain maps.

i played yesterday for the first time in months. i can't remember what i had the sensitivity set to, but it was disorienting for the first 5 minutes or so. once i got used to the controls again, i was able to make small corrections more easily, but at first i'd tap the joystick and turn like 90 degrees.

[quote name='Mad39er']Posted up a blog that lists the multiplayer benefits to both games. In the MW2 section at the bottom is a shout out towards some of our hijinks as Pro #30. I didn't want to be completely unfair to Black Ops by putting it at #1 even though it clearly deserves to be.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=18299[/QUOTE]

Riot Shield isn't a secondary...

I know because if I'm not sniping in SnD, I'm Riot Shielding.

[quote name='willardhaven']Do you guys have the map packs? I never bought them.[/QUOTE]

we do and we dont. If one of us in the party does not have map packs, we can only play against people without map packs (which usually means brand new players). I have to reactivate the map packs since I swapped HD on my PS3. Mad39er I am awaiting password confirmation for the share account.

[quote name='nakanenui']we do and we dont. If one of us in the party does not have map packs, we can only play against people without map packs (which usually means brand new players). I have to reactivate the map packs since I swapped HD on my PS3. Mad39er I am awaiting password confirmation for the share account.[/QUOTE]
I completely forgot, getting that to you right now. I have a snow day today so I also will be on earlier than expected as long as dinner doesn't get in the way.

BFGN! I'm on and will be having dinner shortly but I will be around roughly 9 pm the latest. Unfortunately I'm having a dinner way later than I wanted to so figure by 8:30 or so I'll be around fully.

If you guys are going to hop on late on a Wednesday, please try to be a little more prompt. We had 4 guys at 9:30, dropped to 2 after 10:20 and then 3 more people decide they want to play at 10:40.

I'm retiring for the night. I've had too much noob raging and hackery going on tonight because we haven't had a full party. I knew to expect a low turn out Wednesday but please don't PM me for an invite before you patch your game or whatever else. I'm not going to waste an inordinate amount of time waiting for people to show up when nobody has replied in this thread. Please communicate in the thread so I can reasonably expect people rather than hope people magically show up late.

Sorry about that, first I was trying to fix my intenret then once I got that done I joined the party and accidently hit the power cable which shut off the whole system.

Was planning on posting that I would not be making it, due to my brother's work schedule being changed, but I... I sorta.. alt+tabbed back into WoW, and it magically slipped my mind until now.

Looks like I will have to get/dust out my old PS3, and update it, for Friday's game.

Hopefully last nights hour+ shook off a bit of the rust. I missed at least 10 kills where I had the drop on someone because I need to get used to the sensitivity again. I was less than thrilled on the one I missed in Quarry where I had a long range shot on the guy....if I was recording it, I would have made an Epic Fail video out of it. However, my triple in Rundown made me feel a bit better.

Note - I am leaving out any commentary on all the noobs running with us...bunching up, running around people without silencers. I cannot count how many times Mad was telling them to stay away....but you know it is bad when I say get the fuck away - you are going to get me killed before I get my attack helicopter.

i probably won't be able to show up til 10:15 or 10:30 for the game nights. i figured that things would just get rolling at about that time.

patches? again. oh joy. Didnt join you last night Mad due to trying to knock out a few things in KZ2. I have been jumping around on different games trying to accomplish a few things, see which ones can be platinum'd quickly from current save file, which games are completely rubbish (so they can be sold), and which ones will need huge amounts of time to complete 100% (KZ2, Resistance 2, Lost Planet 2).

Hey Mad - Shoot me an invite if you guys are close to a full party and just need a few more CAGs to fill out the #'s. Otherwise, I'll probably be on BlackOps.

BFGN! I had an install today that so far has sucked the life out of me but I'll be on as long as people show up. Please don't hesitate to pop the disc in, load up MW2 and hop on, because asking how long I'll be around is relative to people on hand who are playing.

I should be more or less fully on by 8:30 EST, if I fall asleep, somebody feel free to text my phone or something before 10 pm.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Will be hopping on with in the next 30 minutes.[/QUOTE]
Putting myself together to walk the dog, I'll be on right after, so figure the next 15-20 minutes.

[quote name='Mad39er']Dude, what happened to you? You disappeared for a while and weren't answering messages. I don't recall pissing you off but I thought your sudden departure was quite, well, sudden. Hope everything is alright.[/QUOTE]
Nothing wrong with anyone here. I personally haven't been on. Kids have been playing. I was dealing with personal crap and now it's done. Have a younger kid tonight so I may not be able to get on unless he goes to sleep soon.

The next few weeks are going to be crucial for the PSN and specifically our game, MW2. Geohot has been served along with other hackers responsible for hacked PS3s and the PSN will crack down on hackers either way. I get the feeling Sony is holding back a PS3 firmware update pending the case hearings and/or used 3.55 as a Trojan horse for data mining of hacked PS3 owners, building their infection map based off of networked connections, hackers playing with hackers more than playing with regular users. Expect the ban hammer to come down soon.

Fingers crossed they start banning. The God Mode hack is just ridiculous, as is IW's completely relying on Sony for security measures.

[quote name='SynGamer']Fingers crossed they start banning. The God Mode hack is just ridiculous, as is IW's completely relying on Sony for security measures.[/QUOTE]

What's more annoying then joining a hacked a lobby is joining a room that looks like a normal match and then finding out it's hacked.

Joined a round of SnD last night and we played 2 rounds perfectly fine with my team winning. Then I plant the bomb in round 3 and a claymore layed down next to me went off and I heard the noise when the suitcase is being defused but I don't see jack shit. So I just start randomly firing in the bombs direction only to be killed and notice the guy was invisible.

No host switch in between so that was insanely annoying since it wasted my time. Ban hammer will only stop them slightly since it'll probably just be a PSN ban for the account hacking 1 game, not a PS3 ban. If you look up the guys name in players met they usually are level 1 with no trophies...

i read a article today about the ps3 "root key" hack has made mw2 unplayable and almost every match is hacked and glitched and iw saying they cant do anything about it until sony fixes the "root key" problem is it that bad guys ?

just a fucking excuse is all....unless someone went back and hacked (literally) the code and recompiled it. Not too hard to put out a patch and still fix things...although I guess they could take out the patch.

This is IW saying that they cannot fix what they broke.

bread's done
Back