Modern Warfare 2 Gamestop Pre-Order Bonus + Collectors Edition Announced

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
You get a replica signed Infinity Ward Poster with pre-order. The posters are in stores now (I just went and picked mine up). According to an ad the newest game informer there are supposedly only 200,000 (*heavy sarcasm here*) of these badboys lol :wall:

Pic of poster: http://twitpic.com/4r6i4

They also announced a collectors edition of the game just not the contents of it yet.

360: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74785

PS3: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74784

PC: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74787

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='stoned99']This is a little weak for a gamestop giveaway, hopefully additional unlocks will be available elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd rather have exclusive in game stuff or something.

I am sorry but why does the collectors edition need to be 80 dollars. Oh I forgot activision is the publisher. I will pass based off the boring content that was in the COD 4 collectors edition.

[quote name='keiblerfan69']...but why does the collectors edition need to be 80 dollars...[/QUOTE]

...because people these days are way too gulliable and have way too much money to spend on idiotic things like this.

The COD 4 "CE" was very crappy and lackluster. The world at war one was a lot better. Hopefully they do something cool with this CE considering the massive following Infinity Ward has after COD 4. If this CE is crap like COD 4 was then I am for sure switching back to the regular edition.

The poster is pretty cool though. I am hoping they announce a beta code for early trial like they did with WaW.

A poster???
Kinda pales in comparison to the Saints Row 2 bundle. Eh the poster is nice when I was around 20yr old but I would have rather have like an ingame unlocked weapon or prebonus map pack something more to the game. Hopefully as the game gets closer to release GS will have up a better offer.

I almost guarantee you preorders at Gamestop will get into the beta they will have for this game this fall. It may not be announced yet, probably at E3.

It's been that way for the last two games (CoD 4 and CoD WatW.)

Thanks, the poster looks kind of cool. I pre-ordered CE at Amazon with the ECA for 8 dollars off, making it $71.99, which is worth it, since it is paying $10 more for CE.

[quote name='machindo']...because people these days are way too gulliable and have way too much money to spend on idiotic things like this.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I want this trend of every damn game having a collectors edition to end.

[quote name='keiblerfan69']Exactly, I want this trend of every damn game having a collectors edition to end.[/QUOTE]

Halo 2 started all this. fuck Halo.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']& I'll be buying the regular version as usual. You CE people can have fun with your...canteens =\[/QUOTE]

HA!

my guess is dog tags...with modern warfare 2 LASER ENGRAVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Do they really give out the preorder bonus right when you preorder? Do you have to pay the full price or just put $5 down?[/QUOTE]

Just $5 and they should have it in store now.

[quote name='eljefe707']What happens if I go put my $5 down to get the poster and I dont go back to get the game????[/QUOTE]

uhhhhhh.........then you dont get the game.

[quote name='eljefe707']What happens if I go put my $5 down to get the poster and I dont go back to get the game????[/QUOTE]

If they give the poster before giving you the game, then you can just switch the preorder to a different game. As many people have pointed out, you get the poster when you go there and preorder, meaning you don't have to wait.

I think you are implying that you just want the poster and do not want to buy the game from gamestop. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Just preorder there, get the poster, and a month or few later switch the preorder to something else. I've switched preorders around at gamestop many times.

I'm pretty sure that you can't get a refund on a preorder though.

Huh. Thanks on the info, poster suck though, IMHO. The CoD4 collector's edition wasn't that great, either, though... prolly pass on this one.

I'll probably get the CE. I am a sucker for CEs, especially of games I've been looking forward to for a year+. A year+ of anticipation and hype can easily outweigh the extra ~$10-$20 of most CEs.

I'll wait to actually KNOW what the CE contents are before preordering though.

$80 is a lot... poster? forget it.

i'm cutting back, i don't think i'm getting a raise this year again so gotta watch my spending.

adding on (will also update the OP)... according the newest game informer there are supposedly only 200,000 (*heavy sarcasm here*) of these badboys lol

whats in the CE?

i actually think that is an ugly and pointless poster. would never taint my walls with that crap. why the hell would you want such lackluster art being accompanied by a bunch of photocopies signatures of programmers?

Nice poster.

I guess they have to give out a bunch of free stuff since most people have realized that World at War is leaps and bounds better than COD4.

I'll wait for COD "7" from Treyarch.

[quote name='aznpridebball']If they give the poster before giving you the game, then you can just switch the preorder to a different game. As many people have pointed out, you get the poster when you go there and preorder, meaning you don't have to wait.

I think you are implying that you just want the poster and do not want to buy the game from gamestop. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Just preorder there, get the poster, and a month or few later switch the preorder to something else. I've switched preorders around at gamestop many times.

I'm pretty sure that you can't get a refund on a preorder though.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I meant. Thank you for understanding. I may switch my preorder because I am not in any hurry to pick up MW2. It will be almost same thing as COD4 so I can wait.

So I was in GS trading some stuff in and asked the dick on call if he had heard anything about a beta for this game like they've had for the previous ones. He says it's not anounced yet just the poster so far which will be a valuable item since they are all signed. I tell him it's printed sigs and I just care about a beta. So he starts laying it on that GS only gives beta codes to the first 1000 preoders per district so I better reserve today and pay my $5 to guarantee a code. I tell him no thanks i'll preorder online if my entire district is out of codes. Then I learn from him that online gets very few beta codes because they send them out to all the stores..... So pretty much if I don't preorder today, from him......I won't get a beta code...... I laugh and pass on giving him my preorder remembering why I stopped visiting this particular store. So yea I hope you guys and gals have fun in the beta because I suppose I have zero shot at getting in now..... :D I'm going to preorder from my normal GS and grab the poster when I pick up UFC tuesday.

[quote name='cheaphuck']Why the hell is the PC version so expensive? Guess I will wait a few weeks to get it if I cant find a deal.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I hope that's an mistake on GS's part. PC versions are always at least $10 cheaper than the console versions, yet it's going for the normal $60 price point.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Nice poster.

I guess they have to give out a bunch of free stuff since most people have realized that World at War is leaps and bounds better than COD4.

I'll wait for COD "7" from Treyarch.[/QUOTE]

You're pretty funny.

preordered the CE and got poster its pretty cool and to the person that says treyarch is better than IW that is hilarious all WaW was, was a copy of mw during WWII

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Nice poster.

I'll wait for COD "7" from Treyarc.[/QUOTE]

This is an abomination of a post.

Anyway, didn't they do something similar to this for COD4? I think they were given to managers for Gamestops or something.

bread's done
Back