Modern Warfare 2 'Stimulus Package' sells over 2.5M units in a week

crzyboy88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/07/modern-warfare-2-stimulus-package-sells-over-2-5m-units-in-a-w/

[quote name='Joystiq']
Activision announced today that the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 "Stimulus Package" set a new Xbox Live record -- clearly, mapathy had set in. According to Microsoft's figures, the DLC pack was downloaded over one million times in 24 hours, surpassing 2.5 million units within a week. All at $15 a pop.
[/quote]

...Seriously? That's $37.5 million from map sales alone! This just shows the industry that people are willing to pay this much for 5 maps, with 2 being rehashes!

Activision now knows how to milk franchises and that's what they do best. They'll keep milking MW until it's like TH and GH.

Ugh, that just doesn't bode well for pricing in the future. I mean, at least horse armor didn't sell anything at all...

I guess I'm one of the few who gave a big fuck you to Activision and didn't buy the overpriced maps, half of which I already own?

To recap: 2.5 million of you are totally okay with a $15 map pack so, if this happens again, we aren't going to be there to kiss the boo-boo if it's suddenly $20. Just so we're on the same page.

At least Joystiq knows what they are talking about.

im not the least bit surprised by this honestly. i knew it would sell really well. the majority of the people that were mad about the price most likely caved an bought it because if you care enough about the price, most likely you really like the game and want new maps. i personally bought it, but not for $15. got a code on ebay, and split the cost with a friend

[quote name='help1']I'm predicting $20 and 6 maps in the future.[/QUOTE]

well if its 6 new maps then thats the same as $10 for 3 which has been done before.... i personally think anything more then like $1-$2 a map is too much, but thats just my opinion. and thats why when i do buy map packs with points i split the cost.

Dont' own the maps or the game.

Modern Warfare 2 - More Casual than Just Dance

Blank-Picard_Facepalm.jpg

And then Activision starts charging $15 a month just to play the game, and said 2.5M people pay it.

While the pricetag does suck for a mere 5 maps, I have to question the total value of the sales recorded. We all know there are deals all the time on XBL points cards so I have no doubt that a lot of people have not actually paid full price for the download when you take into account how easy it is to get $20 worth of MS points for $10-$15.

But I'm with you guys on the idea that this is not a good sign of things to come.

[quote name='Puffa469']I bought it. I guess I'm part of the problem.

I don't pay full price for points though, so it was not $15 for me.[/QUOTE]

You are what's wrong with America. I hope you are happy! :)

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']You are what's wrong with America. I hope you are happy! :)[/QUOTE]

If you think that's bad listen to this.

I haven't even played the new maps yet. I turned on my Xbox the day they came out, bought them, downloaded them, and shut off my Xbox.

I still have BF BC2 in my drive and I havent played that in a few weeks either.

Pokemon has been taking up all my gaming time! lol

:shock:

[quote name='Puffa469']Pokemon has been taking up all my gaming time! lol

:shock:[/QUOTE]

Gotta catch 'em all!

Yeah; even though I'd like to play them, and I got a bunch of points for dirt cheap, I'm not going to spend $15 fucking dollars for a map pack. You can get the entire game of CoD4 for $15.

What a waste of money. $15 is much better spent on an xbla game like Shadow Complex than some silly maps. Youre just shooting people anyway so whats the difference where they are? Especially ones that are recycled from a previous game! Idiots!

I bought them, but that's because I had over 10,000 xbl points sitting there(great deals on the points) plus I play the game alot, so I figured it was 'worth it'. It should have been $10 but I think most of us saw this (price rape)coming.

bread's done
Back