Modern Warfare 3 Discussion Thread - Out 11/8/11. New Multiplayer Trailer!

Completed the 100k event. They're not posting the winners til they sort out the cheaters. I know I didn't take top place but I'd like to know how I fucking did for three hours. Holy shit they're retarded.

The results are in, another silver badge for me. Ranked 1494 with 471 kills in 3 hours. Everybody in the top 10 boosted. There have been a shit ton of boosters in this one, lots of suspends and bans going to be happening. I don't get why they're cheating in an official event.

Edit: I'm only like 19 kills away from a gold badge, if enough boosters get removed, I may end up with a gold badge instead of a silver.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I'll be curious to see with this delay in content for COD: Elite premium DLC is if Activision will try to make up for it all, they've seemed to try to make good on all the other Elite problems, this is really the last one they'll have to deal with, sadly it'll be for the next 9 months. And also what the fallout will be in drop of sales on the PS3 platform for the next COD game despite the fact the exclusivity deal ends this year, and with hope they won't sign another one.

Mad, what is your setup for going for kills in TDM?

I see a lot of the vids on youtube are using MP7 w extended mags, but they do not discuss their setup. Probably using SoH, Assassin, Stalker/Dead Silence?

[quote name='nakanenui']Mad, what is your setup for going for kills in TDM?

I see a lot of the vids on youtube are using MP7 w extended mags, but they do not discuss their setup. Probably using SoH, Assassin, Stalker/Dead Silence?[/QUOTE]
As I said before, Namja Saeki(he scored 944 kills this time around and won the iPod event) runs MP7 Extended Mags, Akimbo FMG9s, Extreme Conditioning/Hardline/Steady Aim with Portable Radar and this time he was rocking C4, I believe he was usng 5/7/12(Pavelow).

I ran what I had access to, so I went with the PM901 w/Silencer & Extended mags, Five Seven silenced, Extreme Conditioning, Hardline and Stalker, C4 and Stuns. 5/7/9 Assault Strike package. I did swap to my Blind Eye/Assassin/Dead Silence version when I needed to but I did also try Slight of Hand/Quickdraw/Stalker somewhat. I like the Slight of Hand/Quickdraw combo but Hardline made it easy to start calling in Predators.

9 vs 12 on the Strike package is pretty straight forward, you can call out the AH6 or the Strafe run with either an Attack Chopper or a Pavelow out but you can't call out a Pavelow and an Attack Chopper at the same time, so the Pavelow gets queued. Just food for thought.

Hmmm....didn't do the extended mags....nor do I have access yet. I've tried all sorts of combos, but Hardline does make it easier to call in those items for competition. Non-competition I think I like Extreme Conditioning/Quickdraw/Steady Aim or possibly Stalker better. I flopped back in forth between EC / Hardline / SA and EC / Quickdraw/ SA. Steady Aim definitely helps the Akimbo FMG9s.

Not sure how the portable radar would really help....you still have to set it out. Maybe I'll have to look at some video. I ran into a lot using EC / Quickdraw.

[quote name='jmbreci']Not sure how the portable radar would really help....you still have to set it out. Maybe I'll have to look at some video. I ran into a lot using EC / Quickdraw.[/QUOTE]
Portable radar helps out a whole lot, it's essentially just like C4's throwing range so bounce it off walls and such. Plus it ignores walls and such so you can place it in a corner to cover the entrance on the opposite side of the wall. It's very useful for Hardhat, Mission and anywhere you want to monitor high action areas. While I can predict where the opposing team is within like 75% of certainty, tossing out the portable radar makes it deadly accurate. So the better you are at reading the spawns, the enemy movements and such, the bigger the benefit of the portable radar.

That's not what I was getting at...damn it...don't you have ESP? :) I was saying running EC I would think one was on the move a lot......portable radar still only has a limited range. I mean sure you can throw it out and use it in that limited area and it will also tell you who is NOT there....but to get 900+ kills you have to run a lot. I was really saying that I didn't think portable radar was going to be that helpful in getting to 900+ kills since it is still only for a limited area and I would think stopping & picking it up would waste valuable killing time.

[quote name='jmbreci']That's not what I was getting at...damn it...don't you have ESP? :) I was saying running EC I would think one was on the move a lot......portable radar still only has a limited range. I mean sure you can throw it out and use it in that limited area and it will also tell you who is NOT there....but to get 900+ kills you have to run a lot. I was really saying that I didn't think portable radar was going to be that helpful in getting to 900+ kills since it is still only for a limited area and I would think stopping & picking it up would waste valuable killing time.[/QUOTE]
Really the goal is to rack up as many Predator kills as you can, as they instantly chain into attack helicoptors on a double kill, with the AH6 after 4 kills. What you do when you are hunting a moving spawn is you circle the area you're claiming with the safe zone being in the middle and the kill zones being the perimeter. You know that your safe zone is usually safer than anywhere else and so you circle around it. Since you can pick up the portable radar, it's multiple use as you circle around.

Uploaded 4 videos in slots 14-18 in my vault for anybody that wants to see my playstyle from my POV. The matches are from the 100k event that happened on the 29th. A lot of the kills were from me popping up on enemy UAVs, some of them were from not using the P90 enough. I do a fair amount of the above mentioned circling, if you look at the radar I also go where my team is not. Lots of running deaths are because I didn't stay ADS long enough or didn't round a corner in ADS, it's nice to review them and see what went wrong though.

I still have to remember to hip fire more often when I do not have the ADS up. That got me killed a number of times last night.

I think we may need a Friday or Saturday night calling of arms. I'll be MIA until sometime on Thursday, but will be up for something one of those nights.

Hey, I'm looking for some people to play with on a regular basis that actually know what's going on in the game. I don't have many friends on ps3 as I just got one Nov 1 and all my friends were on 360.

So, I'm not the best at this game but I'm fairly consistant. My k/d is around 1.32 or so and I mainly play hc rc tdm or hc rc kc. Just about anything hardcore for me. If anyone wants a 6th or you guys just want to get on and play a few games, I play almost daily and for a few hours at a time. Hit me up if anyone wants to.

I've completely moved away from this and gone to Battlefield. Despite my frustrations, I adored MW2 and initially, I hated Black Ops but grew to love that as well. With this, I'm just absolutely disgusted with the way this series has gone. I could name dozens of things that I can't stand about this game and that doesn't even include the absolutely awful community full of 12 year old wannabe Youtube sensations trying to get quickscope kills. Simply put, I'm over this game. The community has ruined what was already a half-assed attempt of a game.

While everyone can be upset:

(1) it does no good
(2) this was known far before elite was announced and before MW3 was announced

I'm just saying you do not have to be happy about it, but you are saying BS or anything else to a signed contract. I don't like it, but there is not a thing we can do about it except wait out this year for that to elapse.

I don't think it was known.

I think that people assumed the Elite status would supersede the 360-exclusivity deal. At least a I did. (Actually, I thought the 360 exclusivity stuff was over.)

When they were out touting Elite back before its release, they were claiming new DLC every month for a year. Since then, they've moved the goalposts. (In my, and many others, opinion.)

They can do what they want, I can do what I want. They can cater to the 360, I can stop buying their games.

[quote name='langdon_alger']I don't think it was known.

I think that people assumed the Elite status would supersede the 360-exclusivity deal. At least a I did. (Actually, I thought the 360 exclusivity stuff was over.)

When they were out touting Elite back before its release, they were claiming new DLC every month for a year. Since then, they've moved the goalposts. (In my, and many others, opinion.)

They can do what they want, I can do what I want. They can cater to the 360, I can stop buying their games.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I had no idea they were still pulling the 360 first shit. I also agree that this was something they should have mentioned a long time. The Elite service in my opinion is turning out to be a complete joke. Glad I paid for it with more or less free Best Buy credit.

When they announced the deal, they said it was exclusive through the end of 2012. Go back on the Internet time machine and find it. That's what was said. Once that contract was signed, it was exclusive - end of story. The only thing they said about Elite was that you would get it before others would. Nothing more, nothing less.

Find me something that said that they would have DLC every month. I remember them saying that it would be map packs worth $60 - which equates to 4 for me. I think they said that they would have something every month, but they never specified what to my recollection. They do have the tournaments running now....but that was several months late. They did botch Elite upon release as they were not ready.

I am not trying to be combative here or side with them as I think Elite has been less than the hype, but with that said, please go back and show me some proof of any lies because I do not remember any of that.

[quote name='jmbreci']When they announced the deal, they said it was exclusive through the end of 2012. Go back on the Internet time machine and find it. That's what was said. Once that contract was signed, it was exclusive - end of story. The only thing they said about Elite was that you would get it before others would. Nothing more, nothing less.

Find me something that said that they would have DLC every month. I remember them saying that it would be map packs worth $60 - which equates to 4 for me. I think they said that they would have something every month, but they never specified what to my recollection. They do have the tournaments running now....but that was several months late. They did botch Elite upon release as they were not ready.

I am not trying to be combative here or side with them as I think Elite has been less than the hype, but with that said, please go back and show me some proof of any lies because I do not remember any of that.[/QUOTE]

I never said they led but they did deceive us all to a degree. How long ago was the 360 exclusive announced? I honestly only knew about during MW2 and then i forgot i guess. They couls have reminded the PS3 community of that. I do believe i heard there was supposed new dlc every month as well. While maybe they didnt lie but they sure as hell didnt tell the whole story. If we knew then what we know now a lot of us wouldnt have bothered with elite. Which is why im sure we werent told.

With all that...back on the topic.....tonight there is a TDM event.....Mad - you in? I signed up and will be "rustier" than normal since I have not touched it since Sunday...but will be getting on later this afternoon.

Everyone is welcome to play.....sign up for the event....it cannot hurt anything. I have no dreams of winning. If the stars line up I can make the top 25%...was only about 20 kills off in the last one I played.

Mw3 is the last of the exclusive trash. We'll know by E3 if they are renewing it (most likely they will). Activision supposedly gets a cut of EVERY single xbox live gold subscription for the 1 month exclusive, so i cant blame them if thats the case, thats a lot of idiots to take money from.

What time is registration open til, and what time is the TDM event? I wont be able to play until after 8pm so that may determine if I can compete or not.

730 PST? Blech, that's gonna be a shitty event. Campers come out later at night, I literally have to stop gaming around 1 am because everybody gets either extremely cheap or extremely campy.

Send me a reminder and I'll probably hop on. I've been playing FFXIII-2 for a while now and I'm enjoying the tactical grind oddly enough.

10 Eastern, 9 Central, 8 Mountain, and 7 Pacific. It starts 2:15 from now and it's 6:45 for me.

Going to find some food, let my new laptop download some games and then hop on between 8-8:30.

It was sucking ass anyway. Far too many rooms where it was 5-6 people in a group at lv5+ prestige running around stomping a mudhole in the other team. Bad, bad, bad....I decided to read up on the Mr. Beer kit since I'll be snowed in tomorrow and have plenty of time to make my first batch.

Competition started at 730pm Pacific, I did not turn on my PS3 til 845pm, after DL of patch (took less than a few minutes), PS3 froze on Multiplayer load screen (hard reboot via power plug, hard drive rebuild took 15 minutes). Got a silver badge with 166 kills, just realized I was on page 46/48 of silver, lowest gold tier was 315 kills. I wish I had my old schedule and free time so I could actually make a go of these competitions.

I am still unaccustomed to assault kill streaks, I had the quick 3-4-5 (UAV, Care Package, Predator) with Hardline Pro. I went 26-2 on one game, could have gone more if I didnt double/triple earn Care Package (apparently Care Packages dont stack).

UAVs apparently don't either. I just got one and was shot in the back on Mission...came back....got another, called it....got the predator and went to call the 2nd one and it wasn't there. I'm finding that I can get to 3-5-7 easier than in MW2 or Blops. I'd go for 5-7-9 or 13, but I'm still a bit too sloppy spraying bullets for that at the moment.

A little research and found out that any earned killstreak does not stack. If you get one from a care package it will take up the 4th slot, but other than that, use it or lose it before earning another one.

[quote name='nakanenui']A little research and found out that any earned killstreak does not stack. If you get one from a care package it will take up the 4th slot, but other than that, use it or lose it before earning another one.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure you can have one extra killstreak stacked. Not sure how it works because it seems random. I think it is supposed to mean you have one extra and once you start them over they stop stacking? It says on one of the loading the screens you can have extra, that is how I know but from my experience it seems really random.

The new infected mode is pretty neat; the matches tend to be on the short side, though. Wish the zombies had riot shields in addition to knives. Maybe semtex for survivors, stick a zombie and they're cured? Might extend the matches.

Earned killstreaks won't stack, but that 4th spot will stack all day.
also after final killstreak you can't use that to earn more, i.e. using attack copter to get another care package. you have to start over with self kills.
sometimes i'm a bitch and will stack all the care packages until the last few minutes. this messes up at times tho when i get an ac130 and assault drone and can't get it all in. but im a showwhore and always want that last killcam ;)

also i hate playing infected with these fucking losers that don't touch the controller. I was in a bunch of rounds earlier and these fucking losers just walk away and they get xp for not even being in the game or doing anything. they were infected and i had to kill myself to get the game going. i guess that's a good way to earn xp if you don't want to play. ugh.

also i kept trying to get on that truck in resistance but they did something so when you jump on the pole it auto kills/infects you. that totally sucks. it was working last night. iv only played infected last few days cuz since that last patch it is still slideshow framerates and activision server disconnecting all the time. ugh fix it!

oh yeah and it's pretty easy if you get a good camping spot to get a moab in infected. group i was in earlier got 2 moabs. woot lol
seems glitchy as hell tho still cuz the last survivor wouldnt even be in the match sometimes but it would go on, lol.

So they are fixing the glitch spots, found by infected players?... I like this. Seems like a smart move on their part to identify near impossible to reach spots where people would use to gain an unfair advantage in other game types.

I have to admit that infected is a fun game type. I got stuck being 'patient zero' on my second game, but I was able to spread the infection without having too much affect to my K/D. I need to get to Dome map where everyone will run to the overhead platform. Then if anyone gets chosen as infected you can get everyone in mostly 1 fell swoop.

Was able to unlock some challenges/emblems/titles such as: 3 knife kills without dying, knife with empty mags. I am hoping people are using that title where you knife them and you get the same title (I cannot recall what it was exactly). Also if you want to spread the "infected" title you can use that and knife people so they get it.

PS3 Wireless headphones are great. Just don't be like me and turn the wrong slider off because you never knew it existed.

[quote name='pbnate88']What do you guys use for headsets? I need to get a pair.[/QUOTE]
I got me a pair of turtle beach px21's and I love them other than the fact that they aren't like my x11's and actually sit "around" my ear. they are really comfortable and the sound is pretty amazing for the $80 price range new.

I have the PX21's with the ear force xss and the Sony PS3 headphones. The XSS causes the 21's to have a bit too much of a hiss for me, but they have a better range. The PS3 headphones are an exceptional value considering they are wireless and do a very good job of virtual surround. I mostly use the PS3 headphones now and have retired the 21s to the PC.

As for tonight, if I am on I will be playing since I signed up for the event. Feel free to send me an invite if you are on and playing.

bread's done
Back