Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Ed. 360/PS3 $79.99 NEW @ GS B&M/OOS Online

I sold one Founder card for $49.95 as a Buy It Now sale on ebay. Now my second card is up for the same price. It hasn't sold yet, but I don't think it will be a problem. The first one sold in less than a day. Nothing you get for being a Founder is even remotely worth that much money. Plus you can probably pick off a cheaper one on ebay if you really want it.

[quote name='RanchLizard']I hate it when people win with zero feedback! Now I have to go through the waiting process to recoup my fees and re-list.[/QUOTE]
I hate zero feedback buyers :bomb:

[quote name='Brother Daz']I hate zero feedback buyers :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Theres a way to not allow zero feedbacks I think.

I have had pretty good going with them anyway. Out of about a dozen I have only had 1 that said I didnt ship his merchandise (was an Xbox code that I emailed to him).

Showed eBay my contact through eBay mail. Showed that I expressly state that I could send him out the physical code if he said he wanted it. To which he said no to.

Sadly it drew attention to me so I got my first warning for digital content distribution.

[quote name='Youngnoble']This only works for xbox live, don't know if psn cancels expired codes. Even though it says that the premium elite subscription code expires on 11/8/12. I don't think that it will. I've never seen any xbox code expire. I've used 3 month cards that expired years prior. I have some old fable dlc that expired years ago but still can be redeemed, I just checked. So you could probably stack a few years of elite if you wanted to.[/QUOTE]

I'm generally with you (i've used ancient 3 month cards, etc)... but i can provide a few legitimate examples of DLC expiring:

The pack-in DLC song packs for Lips: Number One Hits expired on me. I lost the card for a while, then found it was truly expired when trying to redeem it.

The 240 MS points pack-in for Dance Central expired at midnight on new years eve. I got mine in the mail on NYE but didnt open it until the next day. There were already angry 1 star reviews on amazon from people who had the same problem.

Hmmm...Didn't realy know about the Founder code. noob I guess. So I can buy this for $80, sell the founder code on Ebay for $49 ish, trade the game in for $33 ish and keep the Elite for the mappacks?

Yes, but I'm wondering if the prices for Founder codes is going to drop once the first DLC hits for Elite Premium tomorrow and people suddenly realize that you don't need the Founder code to get the DLC. I'm just guessing, but do wonder if there is simply confusion about what the code gives you. Still, confusion on that point might continue. LOL. I was very clear in my listing about what Founder provides, and it sold anyway. My second one hasn't sold yet, but I just put it up last night.

I called in saturday night to the gamestop in astoria ny and asked that they hold the last copy of MW3 hardened 360 for me. The guy said yes and when I went in the next morning they told me someone reserved it online for instore pickup. So I left and then said screw it and went back. After asking the guy his name and everything he said screw it and let me buy it. So if I took it from a fellow CAG I am sorry for that.

Thanks for posting this Untamed Sorrow, I finally went this morning and picked up my PS3 copy. I'd forgot that trade in credit makes your purchase tax free for that portion. My copy cost me $5 and change plus a $75 credit I had left. :)

Busted it to Ebay and keeping disc only I think. My co-workers don't have elite so I think i'll sell that as well and only buy MP map packs if I keep playing with them alot. I've got 360 Elite/Founder already and 4th prestige. I'm actually looking forward to starting fresh and ranking up while everyone else sees a "noob" on their team and groans lol.

Just picked one up. Traded in my regular MW3, Madden 12 and some other older games and got $112 in credit. Paid nothing out of pocket and still have around $23 in credit.

[quote name='cthomer5000']I'm generally with you (i've used ancient 3 month cards, etc)... but i can provide a few legitimate examples of DLC expiring:

The pack-in DLC song packs for Lips: Number One Hits expired on me. I lost the card for a while, then found it was truly expired when trying to redeem it.

The 240 MS points pack-in for Dance Central expired at midnight on new years eve. I got mine in the mail on NYE but didnt open it until the next day. There were already angry 1 star reviews on amazon from people who had the same problem.[/QUOTE]

I had a few of those dance central DLC cards and my cousin and I both tried redeeming them on new years eve before the midnight deadline and they did not work at all. Called MS and they said they would call back in 3-8 business days and of course no call.

So, I just picked this up from a local Gamestop, but before I open it.. wanted to confirm: Elite Membership is completely separate from the Founders card, correct? So I can get the elite membership and sell off the Members card and all the other crap it comes with and still be left with the elite membership?

[quote name='leshrac55']So, I just picked this up from a local Gamestop, but before I open it.. wanted to confirm: Elite Membership is completely separate from the Founders card, correct? So I can get the elite membership and sell off the Members card and all the other crap it comes with and still be left with the elite membership?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The Elite subscription and the Founders pass are separate.

Even though i know its my fault since i keep checking in here. I have never seen a thread where the same question has been asked over and over again... Read the whole thread people.

[quote name='lwhitit']Even though i know its my fault since i keep checking in here. I have never seen a thread where the same question has been asked over and over again... Read the whole thread people.[/QUOTE]
Wait a minute, are you saying the Elite and Founders codes are the same thing?

[quote name='adamgould']Wait a minute, are you saying the Elite and Founders codes are the same thing?[/QUOTE]

Lol. But what about elite premium? Can i use the founders code with that?...

[quote name='lwhitit']Lol. But what about elite premium? Can i use the founders code with that?...[/QUOTE]
No, it won't work with a premium account.

Hey question for readers: I still had my founder status code since i used my elite during launch. Put it on ebay, guy bought it. I gave him code, and he thought it was for both/or just elite even though auction said just founder code for elite users.....

that is his bad correct? Ebay can only yell at me for selling digital codes right?

[quote name='merchie89']Hey question for readers: I still had my founder status code since i used my elite during launch. Put it on ebay, guy bought it. I gave him code, and he thought it was for both/or just elite even though auction said just founder code for elite users.....

that is his bad correct? Ebay can only yell at me for selling digital codes right?[/QUOTE]

Guy is most likely trying to con you, even though there are some really dumb people who play COD. If you stated clearly what the founder card gives there should have been no confusion, the only confusion someone could have is the photo of the booklet that the premium code is on shows founder on it and I could see someone thinking founder was included as well if not properly described. If he pursues this with a chargeback you might lose because of the nature of the sale. I wish everybody could be honest and trade fair but sadly there are scum who take advantage of others.

ebay aren't supposed to cover digital goods. You might get in trouble for selling a digital item, but if you explain the situation to them (On the phone!!!) if he opens a case you should win immediately.

got an email saying I can pickup. hope they actually hold it and not sell it to someone who complains :cool:. also hope it rings up at this sale price.

[quote name='merchie89']Hey question for readers: I still had my founder status code since i used my elite during launch. Put it on ebay, guy bought it. I gave him code, and he thought it was for both/or just elite even though auction said just founder code for elite users.....

that is his bad correct? Ebay can only yell at me for selling digital codes right?[/QUOTE]

I had an experence with this on ebay. I sold the BB preorder dlc for madden 12. Someone bought it n thought it was the "online pass". As long as your auction says its just the founders code n NEEDS elite premium to work, you are good even if he opens a case on ebay. Just keep stating the auction list exactally what it was.

I think you should state clearly in your auction what exactly Founder gives you, and that in order to redeem it you must already have an Elite Premium account, which may be purchased on your console or at some stores (maybe just Gamestop?) Then they have no argument. My first one sold for $49.95 with that kind of listing, and I got no complaints. My second one hasn't sold yet.

Bought one because my RL friends want to do a clan and were pushing my to. Get it home and open it and they decide they don't want it lol. Ah well. So was $86 figure I can sell my old game for $35 + $45 Founder + $10 Manual thingy = Free or very low cost Elite membership...

Where is the best place for trade in credit for the game? I'm thinking about doing it and picking up the hardened edition for the codes. Unless somebody wants to offer me a fair price for the elite code. =P

[quote name='MSUHitman']Why not just ship the actual card so it's a physical auction?[/QUOTE]
That's what I do with any codes I sell. That way I have a delivery confirmation on it also.

[quote name='Brother Daz']That's what I do with any codes I sell. That way I have a delivery confirmation on it also.[/QUOTE]

Same here...didn't want to risk chargebacks on $129 black ops zombie codes! :D

I listed mine not mentioning the option of just getting the code in a message, but then offered that as an option and the buyer took that option. Maybe this doesn't protect me, but it seemed to work out in my case. Once my second one sells, though, maybe I'll just mail it to them. Still seems like you aren't 100% protected, though, as they could claim you sent them a piece of wood instead of a Founder Card, and I'm not sure how you'd be able to say that wasn't true. Hmm. Or more simply they could claim that the code was already used.

[quote name='skiizim']Where is the best place for trade in credit for the game? I'm thinking about doing it and picking up the hardened edition for the codes. Unless somebody wants to offer me a fair price for the elite code. =P[/QUOTE]

For which system? ps3 or xbox 360?

[quote name='crunchewy']I listed mine not mentioning the option of just getting the code in a message, but then offered that as an option and the buyer took that option. Maybe this doesn't protect me, but it seemed to work out in my case. Once my second one sells, though, maybe I'll just mail it to them. Still seems like you aren't 100% protected, though, as they could claim you sent them a piece of wood instead of a Founder Card, and I'm not sure how you'd be able to say that wasn't true. Hmm. Or more simply they could claim that the code was already used.[/QUOTE]

Take a pic of it, before you ship it. If it is unscratched, you have proof you had an unscratched card. If it is not a covered card you at least have a copy of the code if they say they didn't receive it.

That's about all you can do with the DLC.

I've sold 30 or 40 codes and I only had 2 that people claimed didn't work. One was a scammer and I caught him in a lie, so he couldn't win the claim.

The other may not have actually worked since the guy had 100% positive and was in Canada, so I gave him a refund since it was a low value code.

The DC is the best way to go, but I would also snap a pic just so you have something showing you had a code in your possession at some point. (oh, put the printed invoice in the same pic as well)

I bought the ps3 hardened version for $100 a few months back. but i recently bought an xbox and was thinking i'd rather have the game (+elite) for that system instead. I've seen a few posts before mine talking about selling the codes on ebay, is that the best bet? I've only opened the game, both codes (elite+founder) are unused, and the booklet (whole bunch of nothing if you ask me).

would ebay be the best place to sell it? or how about amazon? should i sell it as a package or in pieces and how much should i expect? (i already know i'm going to take a loss, but oh well.)

[quote name='jr4949']I bought the ps3 hardened version for $100 a few months back. but i recently bought an xbox and was thinking i'd rather have the game (+elite) for that system instead. I've seen a few posts before mine talking about selling the codes on ebay, is that the best bet? I've only opened the game, both codes (elite+founder) are unused, and the booklet (whole bunch of nothing if you ask me).

would ebay be the best place to sell it? or how about amazon? should i sell it as a package or in pieces and how much should i expect? (i already know i'm going to take a loss, but oh well.)[/QUOTE]

Ebay sounds like your best bet unless you know someone that wants it. Amazon requires everything that was packaged.
Like what the other post said, take a picture and protect yourself because you never know if the person can claim that they never got it, etc

FYI- Xbox 360 is better online then ps3. (The Ps3 is still a great console)

[quote name='Sendoh']For which system? ps3 or xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

xbox

[quote name='crunchewy']Gamestop gave me $34.50 with 40%+10% bonus (40% is for MW3, 10% from the PUR card) for a 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Should have kept on reading, thanks.

I payed $52 in credit at BB + $20 in RZ certificates given to me. I only want the elite code so I will basically be paying $40 for it, I guess I don't need to go through all the trouble.

Bought myself a copy and sold the game in my vanilla case for 45$ on CL so 40$ for a steel case, elite,founder, and other the other stuff is a good deal IMO thanks OP

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Just wondering, do you have to have Call of Duty Elite to be a founder?[/QUOTE]

Like clockwork.... As it said in many previous posts, yes you need elite premium to use the code to be a founder

[quote name='lwhitit']Like clockwork.... As it said in many previous posts, yes you need elite premium to use the code to be a founder[/QUOTE]

Haha sorry about that. One of my buyers on eBay just purchased the founder card and isn't able to redeem it because he doesn't have ELITE.

[quote name='skiizim']xbox

Should have kept on reading, thanks.

I payed $52 in credit at BB + $20 in RZ certificates given to me. I only want the elite code so I will basically be paying $40 for it, I guess I don't need to go through all the trouble.[/QUOTE]

Ahh sry i sold my Xbox one.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Haha sorry about that. One of my buyers on eBay just purchased the founder card and isn't able to redeem it because he doesn't have ELITE.[/QUOTE]

Its all good. Not your fault. Its just been asked million times in here. If your auction states it requires elite to use it u tell him there is nothing u can do since u already gave him the code. If u didnt then it can be a problem.

This exact problem came up a page or 2 ago. Maybe worth a read...

[quote name='lwhitit']Its all good. Not your fault. Its just been asked million times in here. If your auction states it requires elite to use it u tell him there is nothing u can do since u already gave him the code. If u didnt then it can be a problem.

This exact problem came up a page or 2 ago. Maybe worth a read...[/QUOTE]

It's also against eBay to sell digital codes so to basically tell the guy to eat shit might bring problems.

[quote name='skiizim']It's also against eBay to sell digital codes so to basically tell the guy to eat shit might bring problems.[/QUOTE]

As long as the auction was listed correctly (even if its a digital download) and the transaction was completed the buyer has no grounds for a refund. So you can take a hard stance. The digital download part only comes into effect if ebay catches it beforehand (in my experence)

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Does anyone know I best buy still sells these. I didnt find anything on their website but it would be awesome to price match gamestop[/QUOTE]

In store but its super ymmv

bread's done
Back